Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

The limitations of the app for ios

I have looked around and read the reports of the ios app not working for people. As there is no clear cache option, we are forced to uninstall and reinstall the app when we want to free up space. Well, although this is an annoyance, I really don't ha...

• Regular
  • I have looked around and read the reports of the ios app not working for people.  As there is no clear cache option, we are forced to uninstall and reinstall the app when we want to free up spac...
  • schni5
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Airplane mode forces logout

I synced a bunch of offline playlists to listen to while flying about 4 hours. All was working fine, verified on the tarmac the syncs finished.got in the air flipped into airplane mode then toggled back to spotify.. Got the a message to turn off airp...

• Casual Listener
  • I synced a bunch of offline playlists to listen to while flying about 4 hours. All was working fine, verified on the tarmac the syncs finished.got in the air flipped into airplane mode then toggled b...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

iPhone 5 - spotify kills battery.

Hi,Have premium spotify.Went on a 2 hour flight yesterday - iPhone flight mode.Spotify offline mode on.Drained 56% of battery.Boo.

• Hi, Have premium spotify. Went on a 2 hour flight yesterday - iPhone flight mode. Spotify offline mode on. Drained 56% of battery. Boo.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to use Spotify Plus features on iphone 4 -tells me I need premium membership I already have

Hello all,I wrote to Spotify about this but never got a response in return, so I'm taking to the forums in hopes that you lovely folk know what's what. Basically, I purchased a Spotify Premium account right before a roadtrip so that I could listen to...

• Hello all, I wrote to Spotify about this but never got a response in return, so I'm taking to the forums in hopes that you lovely folk know what's what. Basically, I purchased a Spotify Premium ac...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted playlist

I deleted the liked from radio playlist how do I get it back

• Casual Listener
  • I deleted the liked from radio playlist how do I get it back
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I have to login when in offline mode

I just went on a holiday and I downloaded some songs on my iPhone. After that I switched offline mode on. When I went on the plane I had to logon with my account or facebook account, but I didn't had any internet connection. On my way back I logged o...

• I just went on a holiday and I downloaded some songs on my iPhone. After that I switched offline mode on. When I went on the plane I had to logon with my account or facebook account, but I didn't h...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't play any of my songs?

All of my songs are greyed out and when I click on them it asks me to download the spotify premium however I have already done this and am already paying for an account

• Casual Listener
  • All of my songs are greyed out and when I click on them it asks me to download the spotify premium however I have already done this and am already paying for an account 😞
  • liambroom
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Hide unavailable playlists in offline mode

When I'm in offline mode, I want to be able to hide all playlists not sync'd to my iPhone. I have a lot of playlists, and it's a drag to scroll through a bunch that aren't available when I'm already in offline mode. Thanks!

• When I'm in offline mode, I want to be able to hide all playlists not sync'd to my iPhone.  I have a lot of playlists, and it's a drag to scroll through a bunch that aren't available when I'm al...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! "Spotify for IOS 4" app and AirPlay

Sorry if this question has been already asked, but I'm unable to find it.I have an iPhone 4 with IOS 4.3. During a recent travel, I've had the chance to try the AirPlay system sending radio streaming from some dedicated apps (e.g. TuneIn Radio) insta...

• Casual Listener
  • Sorry if this question has been already asked, but I'm unable to find it. I have an iPhone 4 with IOS 4.3. During a recent travel, I've had the chance to try the AirPlay system sending radio streami...
  • MM1001
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Song downloads - how do they work?

Hi, Fairly new to Spotify, and just wondering how it works regarding downloading/listening to songs. If I listen to a song or an album, does it download it fresh every time? Or does it cache the files somewhere to save time and download capacity next...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   Fairly new to Spotify, and just wondering how it works regarding downloading/listening to songs.   If I listen to a song or an album, does it download it fresh every time? Or ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Lana del rey - Born to die ALBUM (not single) not showing on her profile page...

...even though several tracks off of it shows in her top five and no other versions of them show in her profile page. The album is available, you can easily find tracks in the search and reach it that way, but not from the profile.

• Gig Goer
  • ...even though several tracks off of it shows in her top five and no other versions of them show in her profile page. The album is available, you can easily find tracks in the search and reach it tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Does Spotify use offline playlist when it could stream?

I have a pplaylist that is available offline...my question is, if you are able to stream does Spotify stream or just use the offline playlist? To me it makes sense that it would use the offline data, to curtail streaming costs. But I can't seem to fi...

• I have a pplaylist that is available offline...my question is, if you are able to stream does Spotify stream or just use the offline playlist?   To me it makes sense that it would use the of...
  • RockAndRollama
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Does spotify still stream while online with playlist is marked offline?

i'm wondering if spotify for iOS still streams when a track is marked for offline play. the reason i ask, is because AT&T told me i went over 3GB last month - i don't care about that, but this was my first indication as i only stream over 3G in my ca...

• Casual Listener
  • i'm wondering if spotify for iOS still streams when a track is marked for offline play.  the reason i ask, is because AT&T told me i went over 3GB last month - i don't care about that, but t...
  • RockAndRollama
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't sync local files on my iPhone 4 (Windows 7)

I've been trying to sync my local files to my iphone for about 2 weeks now but to no avail. My iPhone 4 doesn't show up on my Spotify devices on either of the computers that I use (both running Windows 7). I know that I used to be able to sync the lo...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been trying to sync my local files to my iphone for about 2 weeks now but to no avail. My iPhone 4 doesn't show up on my Spotify devices on either of the computers that I use (both running Windo...
  • BobHope
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium membership not working on iPhone or iPad (iOS)

Hello, I am a premium subscriber, unable to stream music from my mobile devices. I receive a message that states "Only premium users can stream ondemand." how can I fix this? Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I am a premium subscriber, unable to stream music from my mobile devices. I receive a message that states "Only premium users can stream ondemand." how can I fix this?   Thanks. 
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync local files

I´ve made some playlists on my computer and subscribe to some other. All of these I have succesfully synced to my iPhone. Some of the tracks in my playlists I´ve added myself. These I see in "local files" as I should. But those songs I can´t listen t...

• Casual Listener
  • I´ve made some playlists on my computer and subscribe to some other. All of these I have succesfully synced to my iPhone. Some of the tracks in my playlists I´ve added myself. These I see in "local...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

How do I unsubscribe someone from listening to my playlist?

Someone subscribe my playbill .... I asked them to unsubscribe it but they are refusing how do I unsubscribe someone from listening to my playlist?

• Someone subscribe my playbill .... I asked them to unsubscribe  it but they are refusing  how do I unsubscribe someone from listening to my playlist?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks won't stream

New to spotify, sorry if this is simple but I can't find a solution. iPhone 4, premium subscription, new install of spotify app, on my home wifi. Find an album, click on track, appears to play but no sound. Progress bar on song looks funny and doesn'...

• Casual Listener
  • New to spotify, sorry if this is simple but I can't find a solution.    iPhone 4, premium subscription, new install of spotify app, on my home wifi. Find an album, click on track, appea...
  • Mpwma
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

When offline it always asks me to login

The iOS app *always* asks me to login in offline mode. Which defeats the purpose of offline playlists. Which is what I pay for. So I have to make a (roaming) 3G connection just to login with facebook, switch apps... Note: my time to go online again w...

• The iOS app *always* asks me to login in offline mode. Which defeats the purpose of offline playlists. Which is what I pay for.   So I have to make a (roaming) 3G connection just to login wi...
  • Stupify
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes