Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

update's issues with playing/pausing music

once I play a song on spotify, my iPhone seems to think that it is continually playing, even if I pause. this wouldn't really be a problem, except that it a) changes the lock screen to the slightly alternate one that shows up when the iPhone is playi...

• Casual Listener
  • once I play a song on spotify, my iPhone seems to think that it is continually playing, even if I pause. this wouldn't really be a problem, except that it a) changes the lock screen to the slightly a...
  • masip1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Musik on iPad suddenly stops.

When i use spotify on my iPad the music just stops after aprx. 40 sec. The "play" symbol is still in the playing mode but the song just stops playing. I already restarted and reinstalled spotify. But that didn´t help. I don´t have this problem on the...

• When i use spotify on my iPad the music just stops after aprx. 40 sec. The "play" symbol is still in the playing mode but the song just stops playing. I already restarted and reinstalled spotify. But...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Connectivity issues

Hi So got the premium spotify account so I could stream from my iphone 3gs.... worked fine for a week or so and now i cant connect to spotify on my phone. Phone is connected to the same wireless as my computer but all i see at the top of my phone whe...

• Hi   So got the premium spotify account so I could stream from my iphone 3gs.... worked fine for a week or so and now i cant connect to spotify on my phone. Phone is connected to the same wi...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Searching for Songs on Mobile App

I seem to be having difficulty with the spotify app on my iPhone. To my understanding, you can add songs to your playlists with the mobile app, virtually having the spotify stream on your phone, with the upgrade of spotify premium. When i search for ...

• I seem to be having difficulty with the spotify app on my iPhone. To my understanding, you can add songs to your playlists with the mobile app, virtually having the spotify stream on your phone, with...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spottily App randomly crashes on iPod touch

We use spottily for our restaurant and it seems that every day the app force closes at some point. Sometimes the app will just freeze up. This is a new pod that we recently bought because the other one was stolen. It's the same generation and everyth...

• Visitor
  • We use spottily for our restaurant and it seems that every day the app force closes at some point. Sometimes the app will just freeze up. This is a new pod that we recently bought because the other o...
  • mikeimane
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with syncing

I've just upgraded to premium, but I'm having two issues when using mobile (iPhone 4, lastest iOS) 1. One of my playlists doesn't show any tracks available to sync in it on my mobile device. It happens to be an album, is it that I can't sync an album...

• Casual Listener
  • I've just upgraded to premium, but I'm having two issues when using mobile (iPhone 4, lastest iOS)   1. One of my playlists doesn't show any tracks available to sync in it on my mobile devic...
  • cht123
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

why isnt my music in spotify going onto my ipod shuffle?

I've been trying to sync with spotify for two days now, the only thing that happened is that the music that was on there downloaded to my music. i want the playlists that i've created to go onto my ipod. now the only thing that happens is the "local ...

• I've been trying to sync with spotify for two days now, the only thing that happened is that the music that was on there downloaded to my music.  i want the playlists that i've created to go ont...
  • cnorton
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot sync playlists to iphone with Premium acct

I signed up for a trial Premium account and downloaded two playlists that I am unable to sync to my iphone. What am I missing? I have wasted hours trying to make this work to no avail.

• I signed up for a trial Premium account and downloaded two playlists that I am unable to sync to my iphone. What am I missing? I have wasted hours trying to make this work to no avail.   &nb...
  • Jude
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't stream away from wifi

Hi - I have just signed up for a free 30-day trial with Spotify Premium. I was able to stream content at home (wifi), but am unable to stream once I left my house via 3G. I have an iPhone 4, with Verizon service. I can see my playlists, and it looks ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi -    I have just signed up for a free 30-day trial with Spotify Premium.   I was able to stream content at home (wifi), but am unable to stream once I left my house via 3G. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone Does not Sync Playlists and is not Recognized Under Mac Client

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone could tell me why the Spotify Mac Client doesn't recognize my iPhone via Wi-Fi nor cable syncing? I've deleted the app off my phone and reinstalled, as well as multiple restarts. I am still a premium member and the c...

• Hey guys,   I'm wondering if anyone could tell me why the Spotify Mac Client doesn't recognize my iPhone via Wi-Fi nor cable syncing? I've deleted the app off my phone and reinstalled, as we...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

problems with sound trough mixing panel

hi guys i got a big problem i am using a behinger mixing panel for my piano, stereo and aiport but when i use spotify, the sound is crap, all the voices are gone, somethimes i hear the singer wisper the lines with a broken voice but it is just not th...

• Casual Listener
  • hi guys i got a big problem   i am using a behinger mixing panel for my piano, stereo and aiport but when i use spotify, the sound is crap, all the voices are gone, somethimes i hear the sin...
  • Jelle4545
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium not recognised on iPhone

Hi my spotify on my iphone has started telling me I can't listen 2 tracks as I am not a premium customer. I am however a premium customer and have been for months. Tried logging out and in again and tried deleting the app and re-installing and the pr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi my spotify on my iphone has started telling me I can't listen 2 tracks as I am not a premium customer. I am however a premium customer and have been for months. Tried logging out and in again and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Problems with premium

Hi, Trying to stream music from My ipad but keep getting the message that I have to get a premium account. I have had that for a long time. What can I do?

• Hi, Trying to stream music from My ipad but keep getting the message that I have to get a premium account. I have had that for a long time. What can I do? 
  • Julz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost ability to search for upcoming releases

Oh, what a disaster. I've lost the ability to search for upcoming releases and I think it's all my fault A little background. I like to listen to new releases, and it used to be that I could find upcoming releases on my iPod Touch. I couldn't play th...

• Roadie
  • Oh, what a disaster. I've lost the ability to search for upcoming releases and I think it's all my fault   A little background. I like to listen to new releases, and it used to be that I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Ipod Touch not showing under "Devices"

I have an Ipod touch. I'm not sure what ios it is...it's an 8 gig and I got it last Christmas? I've tried updating my ipod on itunes, connecting it to the same wifi as my laptop, uninstalling then reinstalling the program on both my laptop and ipod, ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an Ipod touch. I'm not sure what ios it is...it's an 8 gig and I got it last Christmas? I've tried updating my ipod on itunes, connecting it to the same wifi as my laptop, uninstalling then re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Accidentally deleted a playlist

Deleted my liked fom radio playlist about 2 weeks ago not realizing that after liking some new songs it wouldn't create a new liked from playlist. I saw a few people had got theirs back, anyway someone can get mine back for me?

• Casual Listener
  • Deleted my liked fom radio playlist about 2 weeks ago not realizing that after liking some new songs it wouldn't create a new liked from playlist. I saw a few people had got theirs back, anyway someo...
  • dustin_thewind
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify not recognised on ipod

hello, i upgraded yesterday but i cant get spotify on my ipod- driving me crazzzy please help!

• hello,    i upgraded yesterday but i cant get spotify on my ipod- driving me crazzzy please help!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

18,0000 tracks will not load on iphone starred section but will play in shuffle mode

Do i have too many songs for it to load? Sometimes it will load in about 30 minutes. Also on my phone there is nothing in the library jus in the starred section but on my spotify desktop i have my songs in both.

• Roadie
  • Do i have too many songs for it to load? Sometimes it will load in about 30 minutes.   Also on my phone there is nothing in the library jus in the starred section but on my spotify desktop i...
  • jckinnick
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred Playlist stuck on loading.

On both my iPhone and iPad the latest version of Spotify cannot fully load my starred playlist. Whether it is empty or full it always displays the loading activity indicator. I have tried to remove and reinstall with the same results.

• Music Fan
  • On both my iPhone and iPad the latest version of Spotify cannot fully load my starred playlist.  Whether it is empty or full it always displays the loading activity indicator.  I have tried...
  • DocterD
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Premium account does not work on my Iphone

Hi.. My account says that Im not a Premium user anymore.. But you have drawn money from my account 5/8. Just a few days ago. What has happen ? Have sent you mail but now answer.. Please help me ASAP.. Karin Alfredsson

• Visitor
  • Hi.. My account says that Im not a Premium user anymore.. But you have drawn money from my account 5/8. Just a few days ago. What has happen ? Have sent you mail but now answer.. Please help ...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes