Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! Repeat

Hello,I'm quite new on this forum so please don't open fire if i posted this on the wrong place.Whenever i tap on "Repeat" in the Spotify iPhone app (and yes, i sometimes listen to a song two or three times) it refuses to play it again. It just goes ...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I'm quite new on this forum so please don't open fire if i posted this on the wrong place. Whenever i tap on "Repeat" in the Spotify iPhone app (and yes, i sometimes listen to a song two o...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Feature Request: Spotify Cloud Queue

Hi Spotify Developers, First, I would like to say you guys did a killer job on these Cocoa apps. I have never used the windows version, but the iOS and OSX versions kick-ass. So much faster than iTunes, and the downloads are almost instantaneous over...

• Hi Spotify Developers,    First, I would like to say you guys did a killer job on these Cocoa apps. I have never used the windows version, but the iOS and OSX versions kick-ass. So much...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Spotify Social - what i'm listening to while on 3G

If I am listening to music on my iPhone Spotify app while using 3G network, do the tracks I'm listening to appear on Spotify Social (i.e. I am listening to blah blahblah - assuming I've allowed this in my settings)? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • If I am listening to music on my iPhone Spotify app while using 3G network, do the tracks I'm listening to appear on Spotify Social (i.e. I am listening to blah blahblah  - assuming I've allowed...
  • ilovecupcakes
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Disable auto sign in

How do you disable auto sign inwhen you want to sign in with a Facebook account on iPad.

• Casual Listener
  • How do you disable auto sign inwhen you want to sign in with a Facebook account on iPad.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How can I transfer local files to mobile using hard line instead of wifi?

I have some songs on my office desktop (which uses a hard line, not wifi) which I'd like to sync to my spotify mobile. This seems like a straightforward use case. How can I do this??? Why isnt this easy?? Desktop: Windows XP Mobile: iPhone 3G I have ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have some songs on my office desktop (which uses a hard line, not wifi) which I'd like to sync to my spotify mobile. This seems like a straightforward use case. How can I do this??? Why isnt this e...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Offline Mode REQUIRES internet access to use! Nearly useless on iPod Touch!

EDIT: iPod 4th generation running up-to-date iOS6. Almost every single time I open up the Spotify App I'm required to "login" -- it absolutely isn't remembering sessions very well at all. The iPod isn't turned off, isn't reset, other apps aren't open...

• Music Fan
  • EDIT: iPod 4th generation running up-to-date iOS6.   Almost every single time I open up the Spotify App I'm required to "login" -- it absolutely isn't remembering sessions very well at all. ...
  • arnold931
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Taking over 24 hours (so far) to sync to iphone

We have been attempting to sync a playlist to our iphone for over 24 hours. Only 500 songs. My expectation is that it should have been done at the most in 15 minutes. What is the problem? It is on the same network as spotify on my computer. It was pl...

• Casual Listener
  • We have been attempting to sync a playlist to our iphone for over 24 hours.  Only 500 songs.  My expectation is that it should have been done at the most in 15 minutes.  What is the pr...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to disable sync on ipad

How do I disable the sync feature on my ipad? I don't have enough space on my ipad to sync all of my songs, and it makes my ipad run very slow. I just want to stream; how do I turn off the sync feature?

• Casual Listener
  • How do I disable the sync feature on my ipad? I don't have enough space on my ipad to sync all of my songs, and it makes my ipad run very slow. I just want to stream; how do I turn off the sync featu...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Help plz

I accidentally deleted a song from a playlist and I can't remember what it was called. Can I get it back?

• I accidentally deleted a song from a playlist and I can't remember what it was called. Can I get it back?
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Where is sort by added?

Where is the sort by added filter, seriously... I add new songs daily in my playlists and it's totally annoying to constantly jump to old songs while on the go! Please give us this feature!

• Where is the sort by added filter, seriously... I add new songs daily in my playlists and it's totally annoying to constantly jump to old songs while on the go! Please give us this feat...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio function missing

Since I subscribed to Spotify Premium my radio function is missing! I have an iPhone 4 that I use Spotify with. Anybody having this problem and a solution or idea as to what the problem might be?Claudia

• Since I subscribed to Spotify Premium my radio function is missing! I have an iPhone 4 that I use Spotify with. Anybody having this problem and a solution or idea as to what the problem might be? Cl...
  • Bengan
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play spotify on apple TV

Hey! I just bought a apple TV and I am trying to play spotify on my Apple TV, through my iPhone. I have red a lot of threads here on spotify and google, and tried everything, but it doesn't work. I am connected to the same wifi, and the iTunes user a...

• Hey!  I just bought a apple TV and I am trying to play spotify on my Apple TV, through my iPhone. I have red a lot of threads here on spotify and google, and tried everything, but it doesn't w...
  • fgend33
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Edit playlist heavy glitch

I just installed the new update as of yesterday. When I drag & drop songs in my playlist to change the order, the songs ive selected ti drag - duplicate. When I ht done, I realize spotify moved other songs (at random) instead of the ones i selected w...

• I just installed the new update as of yesterday. When I drag & drop songs in my playlist to change the order, the songs ive selected ti drag - duplicate. When I ht done, I realize spotify moved o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot sync offline playlists on 2G/3G (wifi works fine)

Hello, I'm having trouble with this. Wifi seems to work fine. Tracks play when selected on 3G - and once finished they have been added individually. But if they are added to a playlist which set to work offline, nothing happens. Am I missing somethin...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I'm having trouble with this. Wifi seems to work fine.   Tracks play when selected on 3G - and once finished they have been added individually. But if they are added to a p...
  • MisterSeaJay
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Some local files can't be synced to iPhone (others on the same album can)

This is really weird and happened to me for the first time yesterday. Gremlins Have Pictures have 16 tracks (only two are available on spotify). Yesterday I added the album as local files, all play on the desktop Spotify. When I tried to sync the pla...

• This is really weird and happened to me for the first time yesterday. Gremlins Have Pictures have 16 tracks (only two are available on spotify). Yesterday I added the album as local files, all play o...
  • benza
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone and iPad

Can I stream on both my iPad and IPhone at the same time? Sometimes I am running and like my music on my iPhone, unfortunately at the same time my wife wants to use spotify on the iPad at home. Is there a work around for this?

• Can I stream on both my iPad and IPhone at the same time?  Sometimes I am running and like my music on my iPhone, unfortunately at the same time my wife wants to use spotify on the iPad at home....
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

subscription

I was a premium customer up until 2 months,ago when my debit card was stolen,so my payments were not authorized as my original card details were no longer valid.I have now re-subscribed with my new card details,which has been authorized for £9.99My q...

• Casual Listener
  • I was a premium customer up until 2 months,ago when my debit card was stolen,so my payments were not authorized as my original card details were no longer valid. I have now re-subscribed with my new...
  • Jude
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Share my activity on Spotify social

Hi! I wonder if, when the setting "Share my activity on Spotify social" is ticked off on the desktop client, does this also mean that I am incongnito on my iPhone and iPad?

• Visitor
  • Hi!   I wonder if, when the setting "Share my activity on Spotify social" is ticked off on the desktop client, does this also mean that I am incongnito on my iPhone and iPad? 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

edit playlist

How do i edit my playlist name on iPad  and iPod touch?

• How do i edit my playlist name on iPad  and iPod touch?
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Playlists don't appear on iPhone

Hello, I'm new to Spotify. Last night I was trying out the service and created some playlists on my PC. In the beginning all of them appeared simultaneously on my iPhone but then suddenly stopped updating my iPhone playlists. I've already checked the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I'm new to Spotify. Last night I was trying out the service and created some playlists on my PC. In the beginning all of them appeared simultaneously on my iPhone but then suddenly ...
  • Bodlagris
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes