Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Featured tab missing

I used to be able to go to an artists page and see the songs they are featured one with the featured tab. Now it’s gone on their page with the recent update and now I can’t see any of their features. Only their albums, singles, and playlists. PlanPre...

• Casual Listener
  • I used to be able to go to an artists page and see the songs they are featured one with the featured tab. Now it’s gone on their page with the recent update and now I can’t see any of their features....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle and Repeat Does NOT play full playlist

Hello, I have been having this issue for awhile now where I have a playlist of x number of songs, but only the same 50 or so are played when I have it on shuffle and repeat. Before offering helpful suggestions, I have attempted the following:-Logging...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hello,   I have been having this issue for awhile now where I have a playlist of x number of songs, but only the same 50 or so are played when I have it on shuffle and repeat. Before o...
  • rpenn
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Custom Playlist Cover Images

A few weeks ago I decided to update a few of my playlists by making personalized covers for them from pictures I personally took. I changed them and it works great. The images updated on both phone and desktop Spotify clients. However, when I shared ...

• A few weeks ago I decided to update a few of my playlists by making personalized covers for them from pictures I personally took. I changed them and it works great. The images updated on both phone a...
  • breaksocialclub
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Web Player] How do you disable it?

When I’m playing music on Spotify, all of sudden, it will just automatically switch to “Web Player” which I have never used, then play music on its own. I switch to my phone on ‘My Devices’ then I try to play music, and songs will skip tracks after f...

• Casual Listener
  •   When I’m playing music on Spotify, all of sudden, it will just automatically switch to “Web Player” which I have never used, then play music on its own. I switch to my phone on ‘My Devices’ t...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist length time??

PlanFreeCountry USADevice(iPhone My Question or Issue Where is the playlist time length?! I use Spotify for work and need the playlist to last 10 hours so it doesn’t switch to playlist radio and play inappropriate songs in my store. Someone help plea...

• Plan Free Country  USA Device (iPhone 😎   My Question or Issue  Where is the playlist time length?! I use Spotify for work and need the playlist to last 10 hours so it doesn’t...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Leverage Sonos Premium Spotify for cell phone?

PlanFree/Premium My Question or Issue I have a Premium Spotify acct via Sonos. I want to use that premium acct on my mobile device. Possible?

• Plan Free/Premium       My Question or Issue  I have a Premium Spotify acct via Sonos. I want to use that premium acct on my mobile device. Possible? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Certain music appears on other devices but not on my iphone

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone 7+Operating SystemiOS 10 My IssueOne of the albums from the artist Jesse McCartney (Departure:Recharged) appears on every other device(everybody else's spotify and my laptop included)except my own phone. Initially, I thought ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium   Device iPhone 7+ Operating System iOS 10   My Issue One of the albums from the artist Jesse McCartney (Departure:Recharged) appears on every other device(eve...
  • katiek_
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Constantly offline with v0.4.24.65.gaef36bd1 on iOS 4.2.1

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceiPhone 3GOperating SystemiOS 4.2.1 with Spotify v0.4.24.65.gaef36bd1 My Question or IssueInstalled v0.4.24.65.gaef36bd1 on iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.1. App runs but constanly says offline. in the settings it says it cant ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Germany Device iPhone 3G Operating System iOS 4.2.1 with Spotify v0.4.24.65.gaef36bd1   My Question or Issue Installed v0.4.24.65.gaef36bd1 on iPho...
  • Brunelicia
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some local files won't sync

I have a weird problem wherein some of the local music files don't sync on my iPhone. I followed the usual steps (create a "Local files" playlist, add all local songs on there, and make it available offline on the device). Some of the files do sync (...

• I have a weird problem wherein some of the local music files don't sync on my iPhone. I followed the usual steps (create a "Local files" playlist, add all local songs on there, and make it available ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unexpected device in Spotify iOS app devices menu

PlanPremium CountryUK Operating SystemiOS My IssueIssue observed in November 2018.It has been reported to me that a device is unexpectedly appearing in the Spotify iOS app devices menu.I am interested in finding out about any known circumstance under...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Country UK   Operating System iOS   My Issue Issue observed in November 2018. It has been reported to me that a device is unexpectedly appearing in the Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Home Language stuck to Japanese on iOS

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone XOperating System12.2.1 My Question or Issue Hi, I switched my device language to Japanese this morning for work purposes before to switch it back to English and it seems like my Spotify home on my iPhone is stuck to J...

• Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone X Operating System 12.2.1   My Question or Issue  Hi, I switched my device language to Japanese this morning for work purposes before to ...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist problem for iPhone

Hello there-i just got Spotify on my iPhone today and having troubles already. When I go to add a song to my favorites playlist it says that said song is added to my favorites but when I go to my favorites it says I got nothing added to my favorites ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello there- i just got Spotify on my iPhone today and having troubles already. When I go to add a song to my favorites playlist it says that said song is added to my favorites but when I go to my f...
  • TOTOBravoGames
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Mistery login on iPhone

Hi! I'm new here. Maybe you can help me shine light on this weird thing that happened.#Here it is- I had an iPhone 7 (iOS 12) with Spotify on it- I erased everything from said iPhone because Apple's geniuses messed up a repair and offered me a new iP...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I'm new here. Maybe you can help me shine light on this weird thing that happened. # Here it is - I had an iPhone 7 (iOS 12) with Spotify on it - I erased everything from said iPhone because ...
  • blaalb
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No internet connection after WiFi connect

PlanFPremiumCountry PolandDeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue Hey there, I (and not only me - my friends also...) have an issue with internet connection: when I disconnect from WiFi to cellular data it shows „no internet connec...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan FPremium Country  Poland Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  Hey there, I (and not only me - my friends also...) have an issue with internet...
  • fweaky
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t log into my account

PLAN-premiumDEVICE-iPhone 6plus(iOS10) I have a premium account with Spotify, I set up my account using my Facebook log in details. Ive tried to log into my Spotify but unable to do so. Error 408 pops up all the time. Could anyone help

• PLAN-premium DEVICE-iPhone 6plus(iOS10)  I have a premium account with Spotify, I set up my account using my Facebook log in details.  Ive tried to log into my Spotify but unable to do...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hmm No Internet Connection

PremiumCountryAustralia DeviceiPhone 10s, Operating SystemiOS 12.1.12My Question or Issue When I try to open my Spotify app, it says ' Hmm no internet connectection' and has a try again button. I can't even access the settings button. I do have full ...

• Premium Country Australia   Device iPhone 10s,  Operating System iOS 12.1.12 My Question or Issue  When I try to open my Spotify app, it says ' Hmm no internet connectection' ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Huge battery drain, iPhone 8, iOS12

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevice(iPhone Operating System(iOS 12.1.2) My Question or IssueI just got spotify a week ago and it is draining my battery like crazy. I've seen many posts about it but none recently. I tried restarting my phone, restoring fro...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 12.1.2)   My Question or Issue I just got spotify a week ago and it is draining my battery like crazy. I've seen man...
  • still_joe
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Missing Recently Played Artists and follow buttons on radio stations

Hi, for the past three months my profile is missing my Recently Played Artists. It shows my Public Playlists but nothing else. I've seen on other people's profile that their Recently Played are on their profiles so I'm wondering if this is a issue fo...

• Hi, for the past three months my profile is missing my Recently Played Artists. It shows my Public Playlists but nothing else. I've seen on other people's profile that their Recently Played are on t...
  • rpenn
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

lost song and auto correcting search

So i goofed and meant to queue a song but i swipped the wrong way and deleted it. I have done this before, normally I go and get the song back right away... this time is differnt. Now I know the name of the song, "Chai" I dont know the artist and it ...

• So i goofed and meant to queue a song but i swipped the wrong way and deleted it. I have done this before, normally I go and get the song back right away... this time is differnt. Now I know the...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes