Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Favorites being Un-Favorited

I just got Spotify yesterday, favorited a BUNCH of songs, but only some of them are in the favorites playlist. When I go to a song that I favorited yesterday, they aren’t favorited anymore. Why? I spent hours looking up songs and favoriting them and ...

• Casual Listener
  • I just got Spotify yesterday, favorited a BUNCH of songs, but only some of them are in the favorites playlist. When I go to a song that I favorited yesterday, they aren’t favorited anymore. Why? I sp...
  • 1_9p-c95zbke9
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error Searching for Users

Planpremium Country USA DeviceiPhone7 Operating SystemiOS 11.3.1 My Question or IssueI am I able to use the spotify:user:username search command to retrieve user pages/playlists. Each attempt yields an “Error Occurred” message with no other informati...

• Plan premium   Country  USA   Device iPhone7   Operating System iOS 11.3.1   My Question or Issue I am I able to use the spotify:user:username search command to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone bugs

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 6Operating Systemios 11 My Question or Issue HiI wanna know,why my downloaded playlists has been removed automatically.I forced to download three times in a week.How can i fix it?Thanks for paying attention.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone 6 Operating System ios 11   My Question or Issue  Hi I wanna know,why my downloaded playlists has been removed automatically. I forced to download three...
  • j3_u2ofh-7tx
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums on playlist won’t shuffle together

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 11 My Question or Issue I put three albums in a playlist and when I shuffle the playlist it only shuffles the songs within the albums and plays one album at a time. Is there a way to shuffle all...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue  I put three albums in a playlist and when I shuffle the playlist it only shuffles th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Scrobbles showing but not being recorded

I'm scrobbling today and the webpage shows the track I'm playing, but once the track has moved to the next one, there's no record of what i've just listened to, and the current track is showing as scrobbling. tl;dr - not recording scrobbles

• I'm scrobbling today and the webpage shows the track I'm playing, but once the track has moved to the next one, there's no record of what i've just listened to, and the current track is showing as sc...
  • favorite
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Korean input error

When I try to type a Korean artist name in Korean characters in the search function on my iOS Spotify app, it comes up as ㄱㅣㅁ instead of 김. It’s probably a problem with a way the app is set to work with the keyboard. Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to type a Korean artist name in Korean characters in the search function on my iOS Spotify app, it comes up as ㄱㅣㅁ instead of 김. It’s probably a problem with a way the app is set to work w...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! ios - cant login

Hello everyoneMy problem is that i cant login into spotify on my iphone.I searched for previous answers so i tried login in with username/email and facebook and i changed my password 2 times. It always says (“we're currently experiencing problems”).....

• Regular
  • Hello everyone My problem is that i cant login into spotify on my iphone. I searched for previous answers so i tried login in with username/email and facebook and i changed my password 2 times. &n...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Video tab is not available?

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 11.3.1 My Question or Issue I looked up in my Spotify but I just can't find the 'Video' button under 'Browse'. Why is that?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 11.3.1   My Question or Issue   I looked up in my Spotify but I just can't find the 'Video' button under 'Browse'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Considering buying Apple AirPods will they work optimally with Spotify?

I really want to buy Apple Airpods but I don't want to use Apple Music because it sucks and I want to use Spotify with it but I'm not sure if they will work optimally.Can people please list all of the features between Apple AirPods and Spotify and th...

• I really want to buy Apple Airpods but I don't want to use Apple Music because it sucks and I want to use Spotify with it but I'm not sure if they will work optimally. Can people please list all of ...
  • e-k_d9hnt0yfj
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Premium not working on iPhone

Spotify UsernamedrinkycatPlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 7+Operating System(iOS 11 My Question or Issue I just purchased Spotify Premium $9.99 for 3 mo. Through the website on my laptop. I then started the app up on my iPhone 7+ and it still says FRE...

• Spotify Username drinkycat Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 7+ Operating System (iOS 11   My Question or Issue  I just purchased Spotify Premium $9.99 for 3 mo. Through...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Play queue has been moved

The play queue button in the top right on the iphone app has been replaced by the share button, anyway to change this back?

• The play queue button in the top right on the iphone app has been replaced by the share button, anyway to change this back?
  • SirgStudios19
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I pressed shuffle play, then the playlist would play from the beginning

I pressed shuffle play, then it would play from the beginning. I can’t even find the shuffle play button on the bottom left. I don’t have premium. How can I do that without premium?

• I pressed shuffle play, then it would play from the beginning. I can’t even find the shuffle play button on the bottom left. I don’t have premium. How can I do that without premium?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Troubleshooting streaming when not connected to wifi

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueFor the last three weeks or so, Spotify hasn't let me stream music on my phone (other than music I've downloaded) when I'm not connected to wifi - it says "connecting..." ...

• Plan Premium Country USA  Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue For the last three weeks or so, Spotify hasn't let me stream music on my phone (other than...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 7+; Spotify will not connect to built in chrome cast

PlanPremmiumCountry USA DeviceIPHONE 7+Operating SystemiOS 11.3.1 My Question or Issue For two months my chrome cast has not shown up in my devices on my Spotify app. It’s driving me crazy. I’ve tried everything and still nothing is helping. Any tips...

• Plan Premmium Country  USA  Device IPHONE 7+ Operating System iOS 11.3.1   My Question or Issue  For two months my chrome cast has not shown up in my devices on my Spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Large playlist switches to playlist radio with no discernible pattern

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 6Operating System11.3.1 My Question or IssueI have a large playlist (1000+ songs) and have noticed that after a certain number of songs are played, it defaults to playlist radio, sometimes a couple of times a day. I...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 6 Operating System 11.3.1   My Question or Issue I have a large playlist (1000+ songs) and have noticed that after a certain number of song...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to downgrade to older Spotify iOS version

My Question or IssueIs there a way to downgrade to the Spotify iOS version previous to the one just released? I was thinking about becoming a premium user today but after this major app redesign update, I'm questioning about if I should wait to for t...

• My Question or Issue Is there a way to downgrade to the Spotify iOS version previous to the one just released? I was thinking about becoming a premium user today but after this major app redesign up...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Starts playing a different playlist

PlanPremiumCountryDenmark DeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemIOS 11.2.5 My Question or Issue I am experiencing that my Spotify app suddenly jumps out of my songs list that its playing and suddenly starts play a different playlist or starts playing the fi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Denmark  Device iPhone 6s Operating System IOS 11.2.5   My Question or Issue  I am experiencing that my Spotify app suddenly jumps out of my songs list t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Where did the saved songs go?

PlanFreeCountry CanadaDeviceiPhone 5sOperating System(iOS 11 My Question or Issue Where did my saved songs go? I did the update and now all of my saved songs are gone. Why would you change such a vital feature of Spotify. Please bring it back

• Plan Free Country  Canada Device iPhone 5s Operating System (iOS 11   My Question or Issue  Where did my saved songs go? I did the update and now all of my saved songs are go...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS update unavailable?

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 11.3.1 My Question or IssueI am really curious about the new update and have wanted to update my app for a few days now, but there doesn't appear to be an update available for Spotify in th...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 11.3.1   My Question or Issue I am really curious about the new update and have wanted to update my app for a few da...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New update?? May 2018

PlanFreeOperating Systemiphone 6s My Question or Issue How do I change the order of songs in my playlist with the new update? The older version let me change the order, but I don’t see the edit option with the new update.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Operating System iphone 6s   My Question or Issue  How do I change the order of songs in my playlist with the new update? The older version let me change the order, but I do...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes