Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Music is autoplaying/skipping

So i have an iphone 6, for some reason when i have my earbuds plugged in and listening to spotify it will skip songs, pause and play songs, without me touching anything!!! I thought it was my earbuds but it’s not. It doesn’t do this on other streamin...

• So i have an iphone 6, for some reason when i have my earbuds plugged in and listening to spotify it will skip songs, pause and play songs, without me touching anything!!! I thought it was my earbuds...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends Feed / Publish Activity

Hey guys, I have this the following problem since a week when using Spotify on iOS. All of my friends could see the music I am listening to.I tried reinstalling the app, relogging into my account, turning "publish activity" on and off again and nothi...

• Hey guys, I have this the following problem since a week when using Spotify on iOS.   All of my friends could see the music I am listening to. I tried reinstalling the app, relogging into my ...
  • JackBeau
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Podcast still not functioning

So I keep recieving an error on my spotify app that I am unable to open “this particular link on this device” when i click on any podcast. I have an ipad pro and I have deleted and reinstalled the app, updated it and still no function. I have looked ...

• So I keep recieving an error on my spotify app that I am unable to open “this particular link on this device” when i click on any podcast. I have an ipad pro and I have deleted and reinstalled the ap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists Gone

Opened app today about all of my 12-15 different playlists with hundreds of songs are gone. It’s now random playlists that I’ve never even listened to or created. Thanks for any help. Tried logging off and on and going online to try but nothing. Ipho...

• Opened app today about all of my 12-15 different playlists with hundreds of songs are gone.    It’s now random playlists that I’ve never even listened to or created.    Thanks...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution behind the lyrics doesn't work

I using the latest version of the app and ios but my app doesn't display genius. I have tested this with songs that I am 100% sure have the feature so that's not the issue.

• Casual Listener
  • I using the latest version of the app and ios but my app doesn't display genius. I have tested this with songs that I am 100% sure have the feature so that's not the issue.
  • Maxiramis
  • 33 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 33 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution sync between spotify and deezer?

i use spotify for both iphone and ipad. but now it is useless for ipad. I am a new user for deezer but i liked it. Is there a way export spotify playlists. especially starred and your music???

• Visitor
  • i use spotify for both iphone and ipad. but now it is useless for ipad. I am a new user for deezer but i liked it. Is there a way export spotify playlists. especially starred and your music???
  • KevinRonk
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot control or choose song on Spotify after connected to car BT.

Hi folks. I gave up trying, found no solution so far for my problem which is the following.I have an iPhone 7 (latest iOS andl atest Spotify). I connect via BT to my Kenwood KMM-BT304. As I connect sound goes out to car speakers but I lose control ov...

• Regular
  • Hi folks. I gave up trying, found no solution so far for my problem which is the following. I have an iPhone 7 (latest iOS andl atest Spotify). I connect via BT to my Kenwood KMM-BT304. As I co...
  • htlecso
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • BT
    Car
    Kenwood
    Kenwood Spotify App
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

some discover weekly playlist songs won't download

Hi, anyone have any ideas why some songs on my son's discover weekly playlist will not download on my iphone 6? only two of the songs won't download. this has happened before. I've tried undownloading and then re-downloading. I have plenty of storage...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, anyone have any ideas why some songs on my son's discover weekly playlist will not download on my iphone 6?  only two of the songs won't download.  this has happened before.  I've ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Devices not found to play through Bluetooth headsets

Hi guys I just want to know if this is a Spotify problem.My bluetooth headset is connected in iPhone but Spotify cannot detect it to play through it. I will attach screenshots.This happens whenever I switch off the headset end of the day and in the m...

• Hi guys   I just want to know if this is a Spotify problem. My bluetooth headset is connected in iPhone but Spotify cannot detect it to play through it. I will attach screenshots. This happe...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

I TRY TO ENTER A PLAYLIST AND IT WONT SHOW ANYTHING

So I love this playlist from Spotify called "mexico top 50" and ever since I got Spotify Premium I try to see the playlist and it stays blank....any ideas?

• So I love this playlist from Spotify called "mexico top 50" and ever since I got Spotify Premium I try to see the playlist and it stays blank....any ideas?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Strange design ios app

Hello every one I'm trying to understand what is happening with the spotify app in my iphone 5s it looks strange... I'll attach you the image. Is it normal or is it my phone?

• Music Fan
  • Hello every one I'm trying to understand what is happening with the spotify app in my iphone 5s it looks strange... I'll attach you the image. Is it normal or is it my phone?
  • GiacomoBara
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

App not working for past months

Hi there, What is going on lately with the App, not only for iOS, but also for android and mac desktop. The past few months it's a lotery every time I open it, it might work, it might not. It opens, but in never loads. I've tried restarting the app, ...

• Hi there,   What is going on lately with the App, not only for iOS, but also for android and mac desktop. The past few months it's a lotery every time I open it, it might work, it might not. I...
  • ZimmermansWay
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is the iPod version of Spotify the same as the iPhone version?

To go into more depth, the iPhone is stuck on shuffle play without premium. On tablets/computers you can play any song you want without premium, but you have ads every three songs. Is the iPod version of Spotify like tablet/computer, or like the iPho...

• Visitor
  • To go into more depth, the iPhone is stuck on shuffle play without premium. On tablets/computers you can play any song you want without premium, but you have ads every three songs. Is the iPod versio...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Add Queue Problem when Offline

Hi, as I show in the video. I cannot make queue list of my songs.Only when I become online, it works.

• Hi, as I show in the video. I cannot make queue list of my songs. Only when I become online, it works.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Hidden" songs in the iOS app

When I check my most used playlist in the desktop player it haves 94 songs, but the SAME playlist has 100 songs in my iOS app. When I look it through, I find exaktly the same songs in the desktop as in the mobile, so 94 is the correct amount. This ha...

• Regular
  • When I check my most used playlist in the desktop player it haves 94 songs, but the SAME playlist has 100 songs in my iOS app. When I look it through, I find exaktly the same songs in the desktop as ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

how can I change the order of my playlists?

Can anyone tell me how to change the order of my playlists?I can only find sort by Name or customised. But customised is only showing The playlists in The Order I have saved them. I meen The oldest one is below and latest one is on The top. Unfortuna...

• Casual Listener
  • Can anyone tell me how to change the order of my playlists? I can only find sort by Name or customised. But customised is only showing The playlists in The Order I have saved them. I meen The oldest...
  • Mattiee516
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Problema com audio do whatsapp

Estou com um problema no iOS que toda vez que escuto algum audio no whatsapp, minha música pausa e só posso dar play voltando ao aplicativo do spotify, não mais dando play no centro de controle... Alguém pode me ajudar, por favor??

• Casual Listener
  • Estou com um problema no iOS que toda vez que escuto algum audio no whatsapp, minha música pausa e só posso dar play voltando ao aplicativo do spotify, não mais dando play no centro de controle... Al...
  • Javierchaparro6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files not showing on iPad or iPhone

I confess, I am confused, what is the deal with local files? I have about 23000 songs in my iTunes library, they show up fine in Spotify for Mac 1.0.36.124.g1cba1920 under 'Local Files', but I cannot get them to show on my iOS devices. My understandi...

• Regular
  • I confess, I am confused, what is the deal with local files? I have about 23000 songs in my iTunes library, they show up fine in Spotify for Mac 1.0.36.124.g1cba1920 under 'Local Files', but I c...
  • Timi29
  • 16 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs keep skipping/pausing randomly

I’m having the same issue but on my iOS iPhone 8. I’m running the latest version of iOS and this usually happens when I come out of the app and minimize it or if I go to the Waze app.

• Casual Listener
  • I’m having the same issue but on my iOS iPhone 8. I’m running the latest version of iOS and this usually happens when I come out of the app and minimize it or if I go to the Waze app.
  • Lore4321nz
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Not playing and skipping certain songs

Whenever I listen to my playlist certain songs never play. For instance I listen to Rae Shremmurd and his song Look Alive never plays on my phone. Or Bonfire by Childish Gambino sometimes skips so I never get to listen to it. However if I connect to ...

• Whenever I listen to my playlist certain songs never play. For instance I listen to Rae Shremmurd and his song Look Alive never plays on my phone. Or Bonfire by Childish Gambino sometimes skips so I ...
  • SGlennie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes