Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Iphone 8 Plus Car Multimedia Tracks Display ?

How Can I display Music Tracks with Iphone 8 Spotify to Bluetooth Car Multimedia (JBL / Prius Toyota)

• Casual Listener
  • How Can I display Music Tracks with Iphone 8 Spotify to Bluetooth Car Multimedia (JBL / Prius Toyota) 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How long will it take me to download my playlist?

I am going on a road trip from tomorrow (7-15) at 8 in the morning, to 7-21. I would like to use the 7 day free trial to get my music downloaded. However, I know that this will end before my vacation. I have a playlist for all my songs. It is 778 son...

• Casual Listener
  • I am going on a road trip from tomorrow (7-15) at 8 in the morning, to 7-21. I would like to use the 7 day free trial to get my music downloaded. However, I know that this will end before my vac...
  • STokiejoe1999
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing to chromecast issue with iphone 7

Hello Community, Im having a weird problem with playing to my chromecast.When i play a certain artis called Ronnie flex new album none of the songs play to my chromecast. His old songs and other songs all play direcly to my chromecast.Every new song ...

• Hello Community,   Im having a weird problem with playing to my chromecast. When i play a certain artis called Ronnie flex new album none of the songs play to my chromecast. His old songs and...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Controls not showing up in control center

As you can see by the photo I don’t seem to have any controls to skip or pause the songs.any help is appreciated

• As you can see by the photo I don’t seem to have any controls to skip or pause the songs. any help is appreciated
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect and Downloaded Songs

Hopefully I explain my question correctly. If there are two devices, device a and device b, and a playlist is downloaded on device a but not device b when using device b and using Spotify connect to device a will the songs stream or will they use the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hopefully I explain my question correctly.   If there are two devices, device a and device b, and a playlist is downloaded on device a but not device b when using device b and using Spotify conn...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync local files

I realize this topic has been addressed about three years ago, but the instructions for fixing it are either outdated or are for a Windows PC which I don't have. I try to add local files to a downloaded playlist on my phone, but only a few of them (r...

• Casual Listener
  • I realize this topic has been addressed about three years ago, but the instructions for fixing it are either outdated or are for a Windows PC which I don't have.   I try to add local files to ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music is randomly pausing usually when receiving notifications

Over the passed couple weeks I’ve noticed my music randomly pausing I traced it down to every time I get a notification it pauses. And a few miscellaneous pauses in between. It started happening out of know where I have looked at my notification sett...

• Over the passed couple weeks I’ve noticed my music randomly pausing I traced it down to every time I get a notification it pauses. And a few miscellaneous pauses in between. It started happening out ...
  • Greenish
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Problem with playlists

Hello I have a problem with my playlists I ordered the songs by artists but when i select a song of the playlist the app doesnt respect the order i defined. The songs plays randomly.

• Hello I have a problem with my playlists I ordered the songs by artists but when i select a song of the playlist the app doesnt respect the order i defined. The songs plays randomly.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Connecting to someone else’s playlist randomly

I will be listening to my own playlists and out of no where it will open and play someone else’s playlist. I will delete this playlist over and over again but everyone and then it will start playing again. Usaually the same three playlists pop up. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • I will be listening to my own playlists and out of no where it will open and play someone else’s playlist.  I will delete this playlist over and over again but everyone and then it will start p...
  • Tsutt07
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect - Multiple Speakers/Devices

I just bought a brandnew pair of wireless earphones and each earphone has a bluetooh connection which is 2. my spotify will only connect to 1 so my music comes out 1 earphone and not 2 how can i fix this ? or connect 2 devices at the same time

• I just bought a brandnew pair of wireless earphones and each earphone has a bluetooh connection which is 2. my spotify will only connect to 1 so my music comes out 1 earphone and not 2 how can i fix ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Mobile app looks different on iPhone 5s

I just downloaded the iOS app for my son's iphone 5s and the app looks different than my iPhone 6. His only has three options at the bottom of the screen, the Home icon, Your Playlists and Search. Mine has 5 icons, Home, Browse, Search, Radio and You...

• Regular
  • I just downloaded the iOS app for my son's iphone 5s and the app looks different than my iPhone 6.  His only has three options at the bottom of the screen, the Home icon, Your Playlists and Sear...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist covers

Hey everyone! How do change the playlist cover on an iphone?

• Hey everyone!  How do change the playlist cover on an iphone?
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No skips

I tried to skip song (non premium) first time after not using app all day and had no more skips left. Any idea why?

• Casual Listener
  • I tried to skip song (non premium) first time after not using app all day and had no more skips left. Any idea why?
  • peteranti
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Hacked account?!

Hi guys! rossdot1 here.. Recently all my playlists have been deleted and I have new playlists in their place. Playlists that I have never seen or listened to before. It seems I have lost all my music. I use premium. Can someone tell me what has happe...

• Hi guys! rossdot1 here..   Recently all my playlists have been deleted and I have new playlists in their place. Playlists that I have never seen or listened to before. It seems I have lost all...
  • peteranti
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

List not playing in the right order.

I have problems with one playlist. This does not happen on other playlists. When I start a song on the list and then that song ends it plays the song that is the first of the playlist and not the song that comes after the one just played. I don’t hav...

• Casual Listener
  • I have problems with one playlist. This does not happen on other playlists. When I start a song on the list and then that song ends it plays the song that is the first of the playlist and not the son...
  • Anfrid
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Apple CarPlay] Is it possible to discover an Artist?

Hi all, if I listen to a song and i would like to discover the artist meaning just display all other albums or songs. Is there button on Apple’s CarPlay and Spotify that i just miss? View more from Artist is a function i use always on my phone or des...

• Regular
  • Hi all,  if I listen to a song and i would like to discover the artist meaning just display all other albums or songs.   Is there button on Apple’s CarPlay and Spotify that i j...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Carplay
    Discover Artist
    iOS
    Show Albums of Artist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not synchronised with Musixmatch

Hi AllI've a problem with Spotify and Musixmatch on my Iphone.When I identify a song with Musixmatch the song is not sincronized on Spotify.I'm logged in Musixmatch with my Spotify account.within Spotify I don't see any Musixmatch playlist...

• Hi All I've a problem with Spotify and Musixmatch on my Iphone. When I identify a song with Musixmatch the song is not sincronized on Spotify. I'm logged in Musixmatch with my Spotify account. wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not connect to my BMW

Hi there Spotify app will not connect to my bmw. I had an iphone 6 running IOS 9.3 was working then 3 months later it stopped.I bought new Iphone 8 running leatest IOS and problem is still there. Thanks

• Visitor
  • Hi there    Spotify app will not connect to my bmw. I had an iphone 6 running IOS 9.3  was working then 3 months later it stopped.I bought new Iphone 8 running leatest IOS and proble...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Account hacked, Discover Weekly now sucks

My account was hacked months ago and somebody added a lot of Spanish music. I removed all of the artists and songs and albums, but the Spanish music keeps on getting recommended in my Discover Weekly and recommendations. How to I fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • My account was hacked months ago and somebody added a lot of Spanish music. I removed all of the artists and songs and albums, but the Spanish music keeps on getting recommended in my Discover Weekly...
  • tetronic
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Account Hacked

Hi,It seems that my premium account on Spotify has been hacked. I can still access it, but new playlists that I haven't made are being created and my "Recently Played" section is filled with artists I haven't been listening to. Very strange and very ...

• Hi, It seems that my premium account on Spotify has been hacked. I can still access it, but new playlists that I haven't made are being created and my "Recently Played" section is filled with artist...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes