Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

I forgot a song

I went to sleep listening to music one time. When I woke up this one song was playing, but at the time I was too tired and wasn't able to catch the name of it. I've tried to check the history on the desktop version of Spotify, but because I just down...

• Visitor
  • I went to sleep listening to music one time. When I woke up this one song was playing, but at the time I was too tired and wasn't able to catch the name of it. I've tried to check the history on the ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume problem on Iphone 7

When I run spotify in Background on Iphone 7, the volume control appears suddenly when I am using any app.. And it keeps showing all day long no matter what I am doing on Iphone.

• When I run spotify in Background on Iphone 7, the volume control appears suddenly when I am using any app.. And it keeps showing all day long no matter what I am doing on Iphone.
  • theviewer1985
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

How do I get my Spotify music onto my new Iphone 6 plus?

I backed up everything to the cloud. My spotify music did not download. The spotify app on my new phone tells me I need a paid subscription. I already have a paid subscription. I connected to itunes and nothing happened. Can anyone tell me step by st...

• I backed up everything to the cloud.  My spotify music did not download.  The spotify app on my new phone tells me I need a paid subscription.  I already have a paid subscription. I co...
  • ApexOverload
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS Spotify Cover Art on Android Wear 2.0

Hi. I waiting for update to Android Wear 2.0, but still Cover Art is not visible on my Moto 360 2. gen when i have paired Iphone 6S. When i pair Nexus 5X, there is cover art on my watch, when i play music. Please fix that. The second problem is after...

• Hi. I waiting for update to Android Wear 2.0, but still Cover Art is not visible on my Moto 360 2. gen when i have paired Iphone 6S. When i pair Nexus 5X, there is cover art on my watch, when i play ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

view playlist / album art zooms in too far

I like to view album art a lot and have noticed when you tap the art - it inconsistenly zooms the image to either fit the width of the phone or it (unfavoribly) zooms too far and looks pixelated. The zooming happens with all playlist art and it'**ble...

• Music Fan
  • I like to view album art a lot and have noticed when you tap the art - it inconsistenly zooms the image to either fit the width of the phone or it (unfavoribly) zooms too far and looks pixelated. The...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgraded Phone, Premium Account Gone

I am paying for a premium account. I have been listening on an iPhone 6. I just purchased an iPhone 7 and downloaded Spotify. I signed in and I am being asked to sign up for a premium account (which I have) and none of my playlists are there. What gi...

• Visitor
  • I am paying for a premium account. I have been listening on an iPhone 6. I just purchased an iPhone 7 and downloaded Spotify. I signed in and I am being asked to sign up for a premium account (which ...
  • iamandyhill
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Non Downloaded songs trying to play when offline

As the title says when I toggle to offline mode Spotify is still trying to play music not downloaded on my phone. I thought when I go offline it should only be playing music I've downloaded not everything saved to my library?Should also add that the ...

• As the title says when I toggle to offline mode Spotify is still trying to play music not downloaded on my phone. I thought when I go offline it should only be playing music I've downloaded not every...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Help organize my stuff

I'm a new user. I don't understand Your Library. It contains all the stuff I've listened to or searched, but not the stuff I've decided to save. For example, the library in my house doesn't contain every book I've ever picked up. It only contains the...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a new user. I don't understand Your Library. It contains all the stuff I've listened to or searched, but not the stuff I've decided to save. For example, the library in my house doesn't contain e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Duplicate listening.

Hi. Let's say I use Spotify to play music at a party, but I have to run out to by more party effects. But I don't want to miss what they are listening to. So I'm missing a function that lets me listen to same music as the party, just by "leaching on"...

• Hi. Let's say I use Spotify to play music at a party, but I have to run out to by more party effects. But I don't want to miss what they are listening to. So I'm missing a function that lets me liste...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Phone Crashing from Spotify Use

My phone has been crashing and occasionally restarting when I play music using Spotify. The iOS on my 5s iphone is up to date. This is the second time that I've had to restore my phone within a week, and I've been told that it isn't a battery issue b...

• My phone has been crashing and occasionally restarting when I play music using Spotify.  The iOS on my 5s iphone is up to date.  This is the second time that I've had to restore my phone wi...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! IOS10 notification bubbles overlap - iPhone SE

Hi, The notification bubbles on the drop-down Notifications on IOS overlap one another. Some of the overlapped bubbles cannot be cleared and remain persistently on the list of notitfications.Other bubbles have disappeared when I dismissed the entire ...

Spotify-Notif1.PNG Spotify-Notif2.jpg Spotify-Notif3.jpg
  • Regular
  • Hi,   The notification bubbles on the drop-down Notifications on IOS overlap one another.   Some of the overlapped bubbles cannot be cleared and remain persistently on the list of notit...
  • Timsel
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't get Local files to appear on iPhone

I'm having trouble getting my local files to appear on my iphone. I've done the whole creating a playlist with local files in them to dowload, but when I go to downlod them on to my iphone, some of the songs straight up don't appear?? They're not gre...

• I'm having trouble getting my local files to appear on my iphone. I've done the whole creating a playlist with local files in them to dowload, but when I go to downlod them on to my iphone, some of t...
  • CoryRoc
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Premium

Ondanks premium nog steeds reclame

• Visitor
  • Ondanks premium nog steeds reclame
  • hotnspicyyyyyy
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! IPAD AND IPHONE NOT SYNCING

Hi all, New to this, am currently using the free 7 day premium trial and will sign up for premium. I have downloaded the app on both my Iphone 7 and my IPad air. Im downloading music using my IPAD as its much quicker over the wifi at work... but when...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   New to this, am currently using the free 7 day premium trial and will sign up for premium. I have downloaded the app on both my Iphone 7 and my IPad air. Im downloading music using m...
  • hotnspicyyyyyy
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Available Offline" feature not working

My "available offline" feature is not working. A month ago, it worked quite smoothly when downloading a playlist to my iPhone. Now, after adding additional songs to my playlist, I am attempting to re-sync the playlist to my iPhone. After shifting the...

• My "available offline" feature is not working. A month ago, it worked quite smoothly when downloading a playlist to my iPhone. Now, after adding additional songs to my playlist, I am attempting to re...
  • Lucydavey45
  • 20 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 3 likes

Audi MMI inconsistent album art

Hello all, Having a bit of trouble here. This issue is for Audi MMI 2013 and newer. I have been noticing that Audi MMI inconsistently displays album art on screen. Sometimes album art displays, and sometimes the image on screen does not match album a...

• Hello all,   Having a bit of trouble here. This issue is for Audi MMI 2013 and newer. I have been noticing that Audi MMI inconsistently displays album art on screen. Sometimes album art...
  • GregZG
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Random Play iOS

Randomplay is disable automaticly when you will continue your Playlist After a while since The Last Update, why?I must click again Every Time on Shuffle at my Playlist

• Randomplay is disable automaticly when you will continue your Playlist After a while since The Last Update, why? I must click again Every Time on Shuffle at my Playlist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I am unable to follow a playlist

Hi Guys Wondering if anyone can help....long time premium spotify user. Live and working currently in the middle of nowhere Australia, so rarely have more than 1 bar of 3g. Whenever I go into town I download loads of music / playlists for offline use...

• Hi Guys   Wondering if anyone can help....long time premium spotify user.   Live and working currently in the middle of nowhere Australia, so rarely have more than 1 bar of 3g. Whenever...
  • russellquirk
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

How to delete downloaded songs

I need to delete downloaded songs since i have reached the limit for it. I have downloaded the songs from a playlist which is being updated often, since the song is not in the playlist how can I remove downloaded songs to make room for more songs to ...

• I need to delete downloaded songs since i have reached the limit for it. I have downloaded the songs from a playlist which is being updated often, since the song is not in the playlist how can I remo...
  • michaelaktas
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Whole albums suddenly being unavailable.

Hello,I am currently watching some of my favourite albums disappearing from my Spotify. Still have albums listed with the songs I love I just can't play them. But I do get notices that the artist is still available on the radio feature. I've tried de...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I am currently watching some of my favourite albums disappearing from my Spotify. Still have albums listed with the songs I love I just can't play them. But I do get notices that the artist...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes