Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Problem with downloaded music

I have 4 devices: a laptop, iPhone, iPod, and iPad. I have removed all my devices for download because I was unable to listen to downloaded music in my iPhone which is my default device. I still cannot listen to downloaded music there. It indicates i...

• I have 4 devices: a laptop, iPhone, iPod, and iPad. I have removed all my devices for download because I was unable to listen to downloaded music in my iPhone which is my default device. I still cann...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't see local files in playlists

I'm using the desktop app to add some local files to my playlists. I can see the songs when I'm on my computer, but when I look at the same playlist on my iPhone I don't see anything at all.

• I'm using the desktop app to add some local files to my playlists. I can see the songs when I'm on my computer, but when I look at the same playlist on my iPhone I don't see anything at all.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Repeating

Hi! Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but I've noticed that at some points while I'm listening to an album or a playlist, a song will repeat and play twice in a row. Not sure if I accidentally have it set to this, and if so is there a way ...

• Regular
  • Hi! Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but I've noticed that at some points while I'm listening to an album or a playlist, a song will repeat and play twice in a row. Not sure if I accident...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't work with LTE

So this is the second time I've had this problem. Spotify says I'm offline but here I am trying to figure out my problem through the internet so obviously I'm not offline. Funny thing is I even logged out and logged back into Spotify for it to still ...

• So this is the second time I've had this problem. Spotify says I'm offline but here I am trying to figure out my problem through the internet so obviously I'm not offline. Funny thing is I even logge...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to delete songs from downloaded playlist

I no longer have the option to delete songs from my playlists...I can only add them. The options I have are to:SaveAdd to PlaylistAdd to QueueShareGo to RadioGo to AlbumGo to Artist And that's it. No deleting - help!!

• Casual Listener
  • I no longer have the option to delete songs from my playlists...I can only add them. The options I have are to: Save Add to Playlist Add to Queue Share Go to Radio Go to Album Go to Artist &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Changing Playlist Covers

Hi, I have spent alllll night trying to figure out how to change playlist covers. I have a friend who can, and I have looked at the other help discussions on this but nothing seems to work.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have spent alllll night trying to figure out how to change playlist covers. I have a friend who can, and I have looked at the other help discussions on this but nothing seems to work. 
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded Music Randomly Deleted (Can someone reset my offline devices?)

I'm using Version 8.4.3.884 on an iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.2. For months now, Spotify has been randomly deleting tracks I have downloaded on my phone. It seems to keep playlists syned, but albums in my library randomly disappear from my downloads. Also...

• I'm using Version 8.4.3.884 on an iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.2.   For months now, Spotify has been randomly deleting tracks I have downloaded on my phone. It seems to keep playlists syned, bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not receiving push notifications or emails

Hi,I am currently signed up for a student plan (4.99/month) and have not received push notifications or emails from Spotify at all in the past 6 months. I have turned on all the settings within the app, and have enabled push notifications for spotify...

• Hi, I am currently signed up for a student plan (4.99/month) and have not received push notifications or emails from Spotify at all in the past 6 months. I have turned on all the settings within the...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Music doesn't start after detecting tempo (Spotify Running)

When using Spotify Running it does detect my tempo (140 steps p/m).At the moment that I start to run faster it even says 'Detecting tempo' again, and you can see it change from 140 to 150/160. I can run al long as I want, but that's the only thing it...

• Casual Listener
  • When using Spotify Running it does detect my tempo (140 steps p/m). At the moment that I start to run faster it even says 'Detecting tempo' again, and you can see it change from 140 to 150/160. &nb...
  • tony_g80
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Djay 2 & spotify

Oh my god Djay using spotify...this is AWESOMEHaving dinner then going to check this bad boy out.

• Roadie
  • Oh my god Djay using spotify...this is AWESOME Having dinner then going to check this bad boy out.
  • Marice1971
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Djay 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

QR codes - repeat explanation pop up

Every since the Spotify codes/QR codes have come out, I get a pop up reminding me about this feature and how to use it several times per session - to the point where it's gotten pretty annoying.Is there a way to turn this off, or will it be resolved ...

• Visitor
  • Every since the Spotify codes/QR codes have come out, I get a pop up reminding me about this feature and how to use it several times per session - to the point where it's gotten pretty annoying. I...
  • guardianofblind
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iPad + spotify + chromecast

HelloI just bought an iPad Air and immediately installed Spotify. Previously, I was used to play music to my google chromecast from an android tablet, and I never experienced any problem. Now, spotify on my new iPad works fine, it does play music, ho...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello I just bought an iPad Air and immediately installed Spotify.  Previously, I was used to play music to my google chromecast from an android tablet, and I never experienced any problem.&nb...
  • paolobts
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files disappeared

I had local files on my desktop synced to my iPhone 6s, but yesterday they all went grey and now I can't play them. I've tried making new playlists and syncing them again countless times but it's not working. I have 20gb of storage on my phone so tha...

• I had local files on my desktop synced to my iPhone 6s, but yesterday they all went grey and now I can't play them. I've tried making new playlists and syncing them again countless times but it's not...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Modo aleatorio

No puedo escuchar mi música del modo que quiero, solo reproduce de modo aleatorio a pesar de seleccionar modo off del icono de flechas cruzadas. Puede ser que cuando los baje también seleccione el modo "Agregar a la cola"?

• No puedo escuchar mi música del modo que quiero, solo reproduce de modo aleatorio a pesar de seleccionar modo off del icono de flechas cruzadas. Puede ser que cuando los baje también seleccione el mo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Other tunes being played on a saved album

Hi, I am very new to this. I have searched for and saved the Amen Corner album "Round Amen Corner with bonus tracks".I've tried playing it twice now as Shuffle. When I go to my Library to play it, it starts playing A/C and then I get artists like the...

• Hi, I am very new to this. I have searched for and saved the Amen Corner album "Round Amen Corner with bonus tracks". I've tried playing it twice now as Shuffle. When I go to my Library to play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing Music

So I listen to Spotify on my iPod touch and sometimes my music stops playing and says "Playing on headphones" when none are connected. Please help and closing the app doesn't solve it.

• So I listen to Spotify on my iPod touch and sometimes my music stops playing and says "Playing on headphones" when none are connected. Please help and closing the app doesn't solve it.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Always Offline

iOS 9.3.3The app has Offline in Playback on at start up and I want to change that

• iOS 9.3.3 The app has Offline in Playback on at start up and I want to change that
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

missing playlist

I created a playlist while i was in the US and when i returned to Canada I can not find the playlist. I have looked and i do not have any deleted playlists to restore. How can i get the playlist i created back?

• Casual Listener
  • I created a playlist while i was in the US and when i returned to Canada I can not find the playlist.   I have looked and i do not have any deleted playlists to restore.  How can i get the ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

CarPlay Issues

Apple CarPlay is extremely buggy with Spotify. I only seem to have problems with Spotify and not other CarPlay apps that I use. Does Spotify have any plans to fix this? Spotify rarely works when I first start it up. The app won't load properly or it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Apple CarPlay is extremely buggy with Spotify. I only seem to have problems with Spotify and not other CarPlay apps that I use. Does Spotify have any plans to fix this?   Spotify rarely works ...
  • brianrod
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes