Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Airplay does not show up unless I power cycle iPhone

Airplay mirroring is available on my iOS device but when I go to spotify and there is nomally a option at the bottom that says "devices available" all it shows me is my desktop and not airplay. When powercycle the device AirPlay is an option again. H...

• Airplay mirroring is available on my iOS device but when I go to spotify and there is nomally a option at the bottom that says "devices available" all it shows me is my desktop and not airplay. When ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Airplay
    Connect
    Connection issues
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not downloading every song

Is there a way to save a song to my library, but not have it downloaded? I'm low on storage on my phone, and I don't want my entire library saved? Is this possible?

• Is there a way to save a song to my library, but not have it downloaded? I'm low on storage on my phone, and I don't want my entire library saved? Is this possible?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

downloading and playing offline

i just logged into Spotify for the first time in maybe 5 years! I downloaded a playlist so I can listen to it offline as well, but when I go to songs they aren't showing up. Why?

• i just logged into Spotify for the first time in maybe 5 years! I downloaded a playlist so I can listen to it offline as well, but when I go to songs they aren't showing up.  Why?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify has Given Up, Someone please HELP.

Hey all, So Spotify's support is absolute garbage. They literally gave up on my issue. Want the quote? "We're sorry that in this case we're unable to fix this from our side, but we hope you continue to enjoy other features on the Spotify app." Yeah, ...

• Regular
  • Hey all,   So Spotify's support is absolute garbage.  They literally gave up on my issue.  Want the quote?  "We're sorry that in this case we're unable to fix this from our side...
  • Brandilio
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot change the app to Premium

I just paid for Premium, but I still cannot use it, olny Free is available. I have refreshed the App, but nothing halppened. What should I do?

• Casual Listener
  • I just paid for Premium, but I still cannot use it, olny Free is available. I have refreshed the App, but nothing halppened. What should I do?
  • marosiv
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline music disappeers after disconnecting from wifi

Whenever I connect my ipad with wifi then disconnect my offline music disapeers. How do I stop this from happening?

• Whenever I connect my ipad with wifi then disconnect my offline music disapeers. How do I stop this from happening?
  • erickractz
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Thumbs up/Down

Just starting with Spotify and I have some questions about thumbs. Do they affect the station only or the entire service? I gather that one cannot change a thumbs up/down and that is a sore point. My main,question is thumb upped songs in radio statio...

• Visitor
  • Just starting with Spotify and I have some questions about thumbs. Do they affect the station only or the entire service?  I gather that one cannot change a thumbs up/down and that is a sore poi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred Function Not Working & Playlist Disappeared

I'm a Premium user. I predominantly use 2 devices an iPad and iPhone to use Spotify. 2 weeks or so ago I went to play my yellow starred playlist (I use it daily) to see the song count at 0. It's taken years to cultivate- I freaked the F out. I then f...

• I'm a Premium user.  I predominantly use 2 devices an iPad and iPhone to use Spotify.    2 weeks or so ago I went to play my yellow starred playlist (I use it daily) to see the song ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No option for 7 day free trial ?

I've tried everything to get the 7 day free trial ( everything I've found e.g. Clicking the interlocking arrows and adding things to the queue ) and I know usually the option for it would come up however it's not? This is a brand new account and I do...

• I've tried everything to get the 7 day free trial ( everything I've found e.g. Clicking the interlocking arrows and adding things to the queue ) and I know usually the option for it would come up how...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Help! Can't login to iphone app.

I have just downloaded the app for the first time, and on the welcome screen (where I have the buttons Join or Login), I click the buttons and nothing happens. It will look like clicked (darker), but won't take me to any forms to fill. I can only swi...

• I have just downloaded the app for the first time, and on the welcome screen (where I have the buttons Join or Login), I click the buttons and nothing happens. It will look like clicked (darker), but...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Hey team

Has anyones spotify app on iphone completly shat its pants and won't open for you? Have tried deleting and redownloading multiple times but so far nothings working. When I try to press on the app it won't open at all. Help i miss my music

• Has anyones spotify app on iphone completly shat its pants and won't open for you? Have tried deleting and redownloading multiple times but so far nothings working. When I try to press on the app it ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline/downloaded tracks no longer playable, nor when searching

I have a significant amount of offline tracks and playlists that are no longer playable in my iPhone 5s. I don't play them on any other device or computer. What gives? I even tried searching for one of the song to see if it'll play while in the searc...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a significant amount of offline tracks and playlists that are no longer playable in my iPhone 5s. I don't play them on any other device or computer. What gives? I even tried searching for one ...
  • Jainresn
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • file intact
    no sound
    unplayable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

How to get songs offline on a device but not on another linked with the account ?

Hello i got a problem , i want to download song on my ipad (get them in offline mode) but i also got an iphone linked with my account and every offline song on the ipad are also offline on the iPhone, and i want to get them offline only on the iPad. ...

• Hello i got a problem , i want to download song on my ipad (get them in offline mode) but i also got an iphone linked with my account and every offline song on the ipad are also offline on the iPhone...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local file not appearing

I have a huge issue with Spotify right now. I am on a macbook pro and iphone 7. First, a local file that I wanted to add today does not appear no matter what I've done. I didn't have a problem with other local files. I've: 1. changed networks2. resta...

• I have a huge issue with Spotify right now. I am on a macbook pro and iphone 7.    First, a local file that I wanted to add today does not appear no matter what I've done. I didn't have a...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Do not play song

So I accidentally clicked the button that told Spotify to unfollow or do not play a certain song/artist... how do I undo this?

• So I accidentally clicked the button that told Spotify to unfollow or do not play a certain song/artist... how do I undo this?
  • detective889
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded (offline) songs won't play

Hello community, I have a custom playlist, which I made 'Available offline', but when I turn the internet connection off the song on the list won't play. I chose the song an then there is no sound and the time of the song stays 0:00. I have no idea w...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello community,   I have a custom playlist, which I made 'Available offline', but when I turn the internet connection off the song on the list won't play. I chose the song an then there is no...
  • drenselimi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    iphone
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist not sorting "recently added" correctly

When sorting the playlist with "recently added" the sorting wont sort correctly.I have noticed that some of the songs missing date for when they where added. I suspect that this is what makes the sorting not working. They appear at the top when sorti...

Screen Shot.png
  • When sorting the playlist with "recently added" the sorting wont sort correctly. I have noticed that some of the songs missing date for when they where added. I suspect that this is what makes the s...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Stupid shuffle button

No matter what I do can't turn off Shuffle button

• No matter what I do can't turn off Shuffle button😡
  • ChetBakerfield
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Logging in via Facebook

Cannot access Spotify app even though fb confmirmed. Also log in via Spotify account still no access?

• Visitor
  • Cannot access Spotify app even though fb confmirmed. Also log in via Spotify account still no access?
  • MonicaM_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution A song doesn't appears to me

I can not hear the song Sweatpants in my account, all my friends can do it except me. I love this song!! (Sweatpants by Childihs Gambino)

• I can not hear the song Sweatpants in my account, all my friends can do it except me. I love this song!! (Sweatpants by Childihs Gambino)
  • Mara_F
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes