Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

What happened to the Queue?

It used to be that when you had the current song, "now playing full album picture up, there would be an icon in the top right where you can view and edit your queue. That feature seems to have vanished!! I can still add songs to the queue, but i cant...

• Casual Listener
  • It used to be that when you had the current song, "now playing full album picture up, there would be an icon in the top right where you can view and edit your queue. That feature seems to have vanish...
  • danicamachox
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issuse syncing mp3s to iPhone

I downloaded some of Logic's old mixtapes and imported them into iTunes, but no matter how i import them to Spotify, in "Local Files" some are grayed out but still play, but none sync to my iPhone even if the playlist is downloaded on PC and iPhone. ...

• I downloaded some of Logic's old mixtapes and imported them into iTunes, but no matter how i import them to Spotify, in "Local Files" some are grayed out but still play, but none sync to my iPhone ev...
  • malicious-mind
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Multiroom won't work

Hello,I'm using a Samsung Multiroom System HW-J8500 with iPhone 7 IOS 10.3 the newest Samsung Multiroom and Spotify App.When i try to select spotify with the Samsung Audio System it won't show the device.The System is connected via wifi and all ports...

• Hello, I'm using a Samsung Multiroom System HW-J8500 with iPhone 7 IOS 10.3 the newest Samsung Multiroom and Spotify App. When i try to select spotify with the Samsung Audio System it won't show th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Connected to wrong Facebook account on Iphone

Hi!I just bought a new iPhone today and copied my old data to the new one through iTunes. All my apps were automatically installed on my new phone. When I started the Spotify app, it of course asked me to log in. When I logged in with Facebook, it co...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I just bought a new iPhone today and copied my old data to the new one through iTunes. All my apps were automatically installed on my new phone. When I started the Spotify app, it of course aske...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Order of songs

When I open my spotify app, the songs are listed in "custom" order ( automatic) however each time I change it to "recently added". When i next go to open the app, it reverts bac to the "custom" order. Is there any way of having the songs saved in the...

• Visitor
  • When I open my spotify app, the songs are listed in "custom" order ( automatic) however each time I change it to "recently added". When i next go to open the app, it reverts bac to the "custom" order...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

6/145 local files showing on iphone

Wanted to find a solotuin to why none of my local files would show on my iphone when i downloaded the songs to offline. Made a playlist with all my 145 local files and looked at my phone. Only 1 ablum of songs came on my iphone. Sometimes when i play...

• Wanted to find a solotuin to why none of my local files would show on my iphone when i downloaded the songs to offline. Made a playlist with all my 145 local files and looked at my phone. Only 1 ablu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists not updating on iphone

I've recently done a nice overhaul and organized a lot of playlists into playlist folders on my desktop app. The folders show up on my mobile app, but all of the playlists in the folders won't seem to update. I've tried reinstalling, logging in and o...

• I've recently done a nice overhaul and organized a lot of playlists into playlist folders on my desktop app. The folders show up on my mobile app, but all of the playlists in the folders won't seem t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Why do my songs start before the other one ends?

As I listen to a song, it finishes and around 5-10 seconds before the song is over the next one starts playing while the previous one is still finishing and it's very annoying since it means that ads also play before the song is over and I don't get ...

• As I listen to a song, it finishes and around 5-10 seconds before the song is over the next one starts playing while the previous one is still finishing and it's very annoying since it means that ads...
  • fdf-34
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Album Request

I was wondering if there is a reason why I cannot see all the Bad Religion albums? The following albums are missing:Recipe for HateStranger than FictionThe Gray RaceNo SubstanceThe New AmericaAre these albums likely to come onto Spotify?

• I was wondering if there is a reason why I cannot see all the Bad Religion albums?  The following albums are missing: Recipe for Hate Stranger than Fiction The Gray Race No Substance The N...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Chromecast Audio not available in Spotify

Hi.I got my new Chromecast Audio perfectly installed. It worked fine on android and iOS...for one session! Hungry for music I woke up next morning and there's no device in Spotify (Chromecast or router was never plugged out of power).Every time I'm l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I got my new Chromecast Audio perfectly installed. It worked fine on android and iOS...for one session! Hungry for music I woke up next morning and there's no device in Spotify (Chromecast or ro...
  • mdelolmo
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Other] The reason that I think might have caused overheating and draining battery quickly

Hi guys, I come back to you, to tell you something which could be helpful to fix the overheating and draining battery issue.I think I have found the problem. 2 weeks ago, I didn't have this issue. And it's exactly the same date where I bought my AirP...

• Hi guys, I come back to you, to tell you something which could be helpful to fix the overheating and draining battery issue. I think I have found the problem. 2 weeks ago, I didn't have this issue...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

New update problems

I just recently updated to 8.0.0 and I absolutely hate it! I used to hate Spotify anyway because of the constant ads and the fact that ad free music never lasted 30 minutes, but this was the last straw. Nevertheless, Spotify is still better than pand...

• I just recently updated to 8.0.0 and I absolutely hate it! I used to hate Spotify anyway because of the constant ads and the fact that ad free music never lasted 30 minutes, but this was the last str...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stops playing music about 1 minute in and when I go to the app it opens up like it was never running

like I wasn't even using it before. Problem started about two weeks ago when I updated it from the app store, did not have this problem until the update. Refreshed app several times, even deleted and reinstalled/redownloaded all my offline playlists.

• like I wasn't even using it before. Problem started about two weeks ago when I updated it from the app store, did not have this problem until the update. Refreshed app several times, even deleted and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle fixating

When shuffling a list with 1700 songs (approximately 70 bands) that are downloaded to my device, the same 5 bands are the only ones featured in the queue. It didn't used to be this repetitive, and now it's almost unusable.

• Casual Listener
  • When shuffling a list with 1700 songs (approximately 70 bands) that are downloaded to my device, the same 5 bands are the only ones featured in the queue. It didn't used to be this repetitive, and no...
  • Tfnagle
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Order of playlist on iPhone APP

I'm still not able to order the saved playlist on my iPhone 5s to newest-oldest or something else. It's just ordered as A-Z and I find that annoying because I need to search for my new song and it's not just the 1st in the playlist. Are you able to i...

• Regular
  • I'm still not able to order the saved playlist on my iPhone 5s to newest-oldest or something else. It's just ordered as A-Z and I find that annoying because I need to search for my new song and it's ...
  • justinhiteart
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes

Tracks will not play

I can't play any of my music since going from premium to free and the APP updated last week. I have wiped my phone and reinstalled but still the same. I can play tracks on my MacBook Pro. Please help

• Visitor
  • I can't play any of my music since going from premium to free and the APP updated last week. I have wiped my phone and reinstalled but still the same. I can play tracks on my MacBook Pro. Please help
  • Robert_W
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

99% of my saved songs were deleted

No idea how this happened.Loaded spotify on my Iphone 6 this morning like i usually do, took a long time to load, went to artists and there was only a handful with a few songs each. Checked storage and data and I now have 2.4gig extra room because so...

• Casual Listener
  • No idea how this happened. Loaded spotify on my Iphone 6 this morning like i usually do, took a long time to load, went to artists and there was only a handful with a few songs each.   Checke...
  • slhck
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

"All tracks"

Until today I could shuffle across my playlists because I have put them all into a folder called "All". I clicked on "All" and above of all the playlists there was "all tracks" and I could shuffle these.Now "all tracks" is gone"!I already tried to cr...

• Casual Listener
  • Until today I could shuffle across my playlists because I have put them all into a folder called "All".   I clicked on "All" and above of all the playlists there was "all tracks" and I could s...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Where Is the PLAY ALL button!?

In the lastest update, the play all button for playlist folders has gone. I use this 95% of the time, as I shuffle through all my genres of music and artists playlists. Why would they remove this play all button? It makes the app unusable for me now,...

• Regular
  • In the lastest update, the play all button for playlist folders has gone. I use this 95% of the time, as I shuffle through all my genres of music and artists playlists. Why would they remove this pla...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

No way to send a message to other user

Hello, there is just no possibiité to contact another user. ,After ----> follow ---> and after chose a friend -, the message goes in an endless loop. Quite anoying ! Somebody has an idea ?

Capture d’écran 2017-03-29 à 14.23.04.png
  • Regular
  • Hello, there is just no possibiité to contact another user.  ,After ---->  follow ---> and after chose a friend -,  the message goes in an endless loop.   Quite anoying ! &n...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes