Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 36 likes

Car play

I've just got spotify premium and new to this.I drive a vw golf 2016 with carplay and with apple music it would dispay all my albums on the car media touchscreen and I could access all music safely through blue tooth on the carscreen.I have tried bot...

• Visitor
  • I've just got spotify premium and new to this.I drive a vw golf 2016 with carplay and with apple music it would dispay all my albums on the car media touchscreen and I could access all music safely t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't Play Next Song on Playlist. Instead, plays songs from Up Next

Hi.I am trying to play songs from a playlist. Shuffle play works ok (shuffles songs from within the playlist). After fully playing one song though, it plays a song not from that specific playlist. Digging around, it seems to be playing songs from an ...

• Hi. I am trying to play songs from a playlist. Shuffle play works ok (shuffles songs from within the playlist). After fully playing one song though, it plays a song not from that specific playlist. ...
  • Psm1
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify on iPhone frozen

When trying to log into my spotify on the iPhone app, it becomes frozen and wont let me type or even click anything.I've already tried deleting the app and reinstalling it as well as restarting my iPhone. I have the iPhone 6 on ios 10.2.1 and a premi...

• When trying to log into my spotify on the iPhone app, it becomes frozen and wont let me type or even click anything. I've already tried deleting the app and reinstalling it as well as restartin...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! repeat stuck

i was using my laptop to control spotify on my phone and i had a song on repeat. i am not currently using my laptop to control it, because now—on my phone—i will shuffle my playlist and the song will just keep repeating as it is stuck. i have turned ...

• Visitor
  • i was using my laptop to control spotify on my phone and i had a song on repeat. i am not currently using my laptop to control it, because now—on my phone—i will shuffle my playlist and the song will...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS volume linking spotify Connect

When using spotify on my iOS device to control spotify on my mac i am able to use the volumecontrol of the iPhone to control the volume of this system. Downside of this function is that it also turns the volume up (or way down) on my iPhone itself. W...

• When using spotify on my iOS device to control spotify on my mac i am able to use the volumecontrol of the iPhone to control the volume of this system. Downside of this function is that it also turns...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Listening to playlist within folders

An update to mobile the ability to listen to a folder with playlist within it was removed. Before when you opened a folder with playlist in it the folder would have an extra playlist will all the that are contained in the folder. I think that this fe...

• An update to mobile the ability to listen to a folder with playlist within it was removed. Before when you opened a folder with playlist in it the folder would have an extra playlist will all the tha...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
    Mobile
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Why is "run this town" by Jay Z deleted from Spotify?

This is one of my favorite songs and I hear it on repeat everyday. I woke up today and saw it was gone. The song is not even on YouTube. Can someone please tell me why it's gone?

• This is one of my favorite songs and I hear it on repeat everyday. I woke up today and saw it was gone. The song is not even on YouTube. Can someone please tell me why it's gone?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes

ipod nano 6th generation

hello, i have recntly found my ipod nano 6th generation and i was wondering if i could put my spotify music into my ipod. however, when i drag the app into my ipod file,the ipod shows that it is syncing. but when i remove the cable, it is the exactly...

• hello,         i have recntly found my ipod nano 6th generation and i was wondering if i could put my spotify music into my ipod. however, when i drag the app into my ipod file,t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume control out of app

The volume is now controlled with the iPhone volume buttons on the side. That's no problem except it controls the volume when the app is in the background. So, if I'm playing music to my home receiver from the app and I go out of the app to a voicema...

• The volume is now controlled with the iPhone volume buttons on the side. That's no problem except it controls the volume when the app is in the background. So, if I'm playing music to my home receive...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Song has been removed from playlist and is unavailable in play queue?

Hi!I'm experiencing problems with removed songs. I have a huge playlist (1000+ songs) and recently have noticed that some of the songs are unavailable in the play queue even though they don't exist in spotify anymore. I checked my playlist and from a...

• Hi! I'm experiencing problems with removed songs. I have a huge playlist (1000+ songs) and recently have noticed that some of the songs are unavailable in the play queue even though they don't exist...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Choosing A Song

Why can't I choose the song I want on my playlist? Why do I have to push the shuffle button inorder to play the songs?? I have and IPhone so if you guys know, please help. Thanks!

• Visitor
  • Why can't I choose the song I want on my playlist? Why do I have to push the shuffle button inorder to play the songs?? I have and IPhone so if you guys know, please help. Thanks!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Missing Song

For some weird reason Harry Styles's new song is missing from my spotify like when i search or when i look on the New Muaic Friday playlist but all my friends have it!! help!!!!

• For some weird reason Harry Styles's new song is missing from my spotify like when i search or when i look on the New Muaic Friday playlist but all my friends have it!! help!!!!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

search in offline mode

I have premium account, but i still can not search for songs when i am not connected to wifi. is there a way to change that?

• I have premium account, but i still can not search for songs when i am not connected to wifi. is there a way to change that? 
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problemas con las descargas

Hola, tengo Spotify Premium y descargo las canciones para escucharlas cuando estoy offline y más de 30 canciones se reproducen de manera incompleta. Me toca pasar a otra canción... a que se debe esa descarga incompleta?

• Hola, tengo Spotify Premium y descargo las canciones para escucharlas cuando estoy offline y más de 30 canciones se reproducen de manera incompleta. Me toca pasar a otra canción... a que se debe esa ...
  • Karla_camacho85
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Community

How do i change my Profile picture in my iphone spotify device?

• Casual Listener
  • How do i change my Profile picture in my iphone spotify device?
  • kejt_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist appears in "My Music" on Mac, Windows, iPad but not on iPhone

Hi, today I noticed that one artist and his albums are not listed in My Music on my iPhone. He appears on my Mac, Windows and the iPad version of Spotify but not on my Phone. I installed the newest version of Spotify on all devices as well as the lat...

• Visitor
  • Hi,    today I noticed that one artist and his albums are not listed in My Music on my iPhone. He appears on my Mac, Windows and the iPad version of Spotify but not on my Phone. I install...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

other city

I have a premium account in the Turkey . Can I use my premium account in the USA ¿ or I must pay to Spotify ¿ Because the countries have different currency also they have different price .

• I have a premium account in the Turkey . Can I use my premium account in the USA ¿ or I must pay to Spotify ¿ Because the countries have different currency also they have different price .
  • labelscollected
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify streaming ""downloaded"" songs again. Goodbye

Shorty before starting a 6-day trip tomorrow, I got a message from my service provider that I've maxed out my data again - but I've hardly used my phone for web browsing or other stuff in the last couple of days. Of course, it just had to be Spotify ...

• Music Fan
  • Shorty before starting a 6-day trip tomorrow, I got a message from my service provider that I've maxed out my data again - but I've hardly used my phone for web browsing or other stuff in the last co...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Inbox Icon Missing with recent Update - Spotify Desktop App (Mac)

Since the most recent update, I can't find my inbox nor can I send anything via messages. Only option I see when I want to "share" is "Post To Followers"... Is the messaging feature returning anytime soon?? This was a great way to share music between...

• Since the most recent update, I can't find my inbox nor can I send anything via messages. Only option I see when I want to "share" is "Post To Followers"... Is the messaging feature returning anytime...
  • InboxedOut
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes

Not Shuffling

My spotify isn't shuffling (yes the shuffle icon is green). It just plays all of the songs in any playlist in order from top to bottom. Suggestions?

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify isn't shuffling (yes the shuffle icon is green). It just plays all of the songs in any playlist in order from top to bottom. Suggestions?
  • sterlingw-8
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes