Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Delete downloaded music from device ?

Currently my iPhone shows that Spotify is taking around 13+GB of storageI have downloaded albums & songs along and need to delete some of these to free up some space ( I do NOT want to delete all - just some) Please advise

• Casual Listener
  • Currently my iPhone shows that Spotify  is taking around 13+GB of storage I have downloaded albums & songs along and need to delete some of these to free up some space ( I do NOT want ...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music not playing from down loaded playlists

I have songs in my playlists which usually play but all of a sudden do not work and won't play. Also sometimes my music will start to play and the stop part way through

• I have songs in my playlists which usually play but all of a sudden do not work and won't play. Also sometimes my music will start to play and the stop part way through
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playing a song on a playlist queues a shuffled version of the playlist (Shuffle Button is Off)

Howdy,After searching this forum I've read many similar issues however with no solution that has worked.Few notes:IOS (Apple iPhone)I have PremiumThe Shuffle button is not on (Yes I have quadrupled checked)My queue has a shuffled version of the playl...

• Casual Listener
  • Howdy, After searching this forum I've read many similar issues however with no solution that has worked. Few notes: IOS (Apple iPhone) I have Premium The Shuffle button is not on (Yes I hav...
  • dariusb1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Any way to find all downloaded music?

Hello, is there an easier way to find downloaded music? Like a tab at least?I've downloaded albums and playlists multiple times (Spotify likes to say I didn't download them) really really annoying.Happening on my iPhone 7 Plus & iPad Pro with latest ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, is there an easier way to find downloaded music? Like a tab at least? I've downloaded albums and playlists multiple times (Spotify likes to say I didn't download them) really really annoyin...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Synced local files no longer playing

So I've followed all the steps in this forum for syncing from my desktop to my iphone 6s. They work fine. I can always add a new song from my computer to a playlist and sync it and play on my phone. The problem is it inevitably stops working and idk ...

• So I've followed all the steps in this forum for syncing from my desktop to my iphone 6s. They work fine. I can always add a new song from my computer to a playlist and sync it and play on my phone. ...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists not loading on all mobile devices

This is a problem that I have had before, but it would usually somehow resolve itself. But for about a year I have not been able to view my playlists normally or add songs to my playlists. When I open the playlists folder all of them say "loading..."...

Screenshot_2017-02-19-16-16-39.png Screenshot_2017-02-19-16-15-37.png
  • This is a problem that I have had before, but it would usually somehow resolve itself. But for about a year  I have not been able to view my playlists normally or add songs to my playlists. When...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    bug
    not loading
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist skips specific song

One of my playlists keeps skipping one, specific song whenever it comes on, this song comes up on shuffle and it doesn't play for ever one second and the playlist just immeaditely skips to the next song. I haven't had this problem with any other play...

• One of my playlists keeps skipping one, specific song whenever it comes on, this song comes up on shuffle and it doesn't play for ever one second and the playlist just immeaditely skips to the next s...
  • WisconsiniteSam
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wont play the song I want

I play spotify on my iphone and for the past couple of days its not playing the one song on the playlist I want it to play. I don't have premium. Usually if theres just one song on the playlist and I hit "Shuffle Play" it'll play that one song. But r...

• Visitor
  • I play spotify on my iphone and for the past couple of days its not playing the one song on the playlist I want it to play. I don't have premium. Usually if theres just one song on the playlist and I...
  • glarosa1012
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

How can I see whats downloaded & delete

Spotify shows as over 13GB on my iphoneWhere can i easily see a list of what music has been downloadedand then delete from my device in order to free up space?

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify shows as over 13GB on my iphone Where can i easily see a list of what music has been downloaded and then delete from my device in order to free up space?
  • glarosa1012
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song Not On Album?

Hey everyone, I'm trying to find the song "Run Running," by Lil Yachty, on the album "Lil Boat." For some reason, it's the only song that isn't available on the album through Spotify. When I do a Google search for "Run Running Lil Yachty Spotify" the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everyone,   I'm trying to find the song "Run Running," by Lil Yachty, on the album "Lil Boat."  For some reason, it's the only song that isn't available on the album through Spotify.&...
  • okd5673730027
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Playlist - Always Repeats

I'm new to Spotify, and I have come across an annoying problem.Essentially, I have a 20 song playlist that I put on when I go to bed. Just chill music. I'd think that it would end in about 40 minutes to an hour. However, I wake up at 5 AM (5 hours la...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm new to Spotify, and I have come across an annoying problem. Essentially, I have a 20 song playlist that I put on when I go to bed. Just chill music. I'd think that it would end in about 40 min...
  • troxwalt
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music cuts out after 3 or 4 songs

Hi,I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 10.2.1 and Spotify version 7.6.0.1136.I have an issue where the music cuts out and the app seems to close after 3 or 4 songs (around 15 mins) when streaming. This issue seems to occur when I have some playlists downl...

• Hi, I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 10.2.1 and Spotify version 7.6.0.1136. I have an issue where the music cuts out and the app seems to close after 3 or 4 songs (around 15 mins) when streaming.&nbs...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Some downloaded songs won't play on iPhone

I have a premium account that I exclusively use on my iPhone 7. Regardless of connectivity, certain songs that I have previously downloaded just won't play. I find that they tend to be songs that I downloaded a longer time ago. This was also a proble...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium account that I exclusively use on my iPhone 7. Regardless of connectivity, certain songs that I have previously downloaded just won't play. I find that they tend to be songs that I d...
  • mtrapanese
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't show multiple artists in one song?

E.g. Starboy including The Weeknd and Daft Punk. However, it only shows The weeknd.All duet songs are like this.

• Casual Listener
  • E.g. Starboy including The Weeknd and Daft Punk. However, it only shows The weeknd. All duet songs are like this.
  • pdrognzlz
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find settings menu on app iPhone 7

Hi can anyone help I can't find the settings menu in my iPhone 7. Can't listen to music in my Ford Fiesta via USB as the track plays for about 1 second then skips to next. Anyone any advice or ideas?

• Hi can anyone help I can't find the settings menu in my iPhone 7. Can't listen to music in my Ford Fiesta via USB as the track plays for about 1 second then skips to next. Anyone any advice or ideas?
  • sdot
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why can´t i hear the music i downloaded with Spotify Premium?

So recently with my 2 iphones the 6 and the 5S i can´t hear the music i downloaded.I have Premium and i can download the music and it says it´s downloaded.I have the green arrow but when i try to listen to any music with the WIFI off its says i need ...

• Regular
  • So recently with my 2 iphones the 6 and the 5S i can´t hear the music i downloaded. I have Premium and i can download the music  and it says it´s downloaded. I have the green arrow  but w...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Plays Song Radio Based on Random Song in Queue

Hi, When I queue up a number of songs (typically any more than 3) after either the first or second song the next track played will be from the 'song radio' of said song (as denoted by the 'Song Radio:xxx' at the top of the app), after which I have to...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   When I queue up a number of songs (typically any more than 3) after either the first or second song the next track played will be from the 'song radio' of said song (as denoted by t...
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't resume playing

Hi, I have a problem with Spotify app for iOS lately. When I'm in the car, connected iPhone via USB cable to my head unit, music is playing OK. When I turn off the unit or press pause Spotify stops playing, but after I turn on the unit agait, on pres...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I have a problem with  Spotify app for iOS lately.   When I'm in the car, connected iPhone via USB cable to my head unit, music is playing OK. When I turn off the unit o...
  • inistigator
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to stop my playlist tuning into a radio

Recently random songs are played when I listening to my playlist.I just want to listen to the songs in my own playlist when i play a playlist. To discover new artists and songs I will go to radio. Any idea? Thanks!!

• Casual Listener
  • Recently random songs are played when I listening to my playlist. I just want to listen to the songs in my own playlist when i play a playlist. To discover new artists and songs I will go to radio. ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes