Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

settings on iphone

I simply cannot find settings on my iphone app. There are no horizontal lines in the top left or anyhwhere else. HELP!!

• I simply cannot find settings on my iphone app.  There are no horizontal lines in the top left or anyhwhere else.  HELP!!
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Number

My offline days left is lowering each day,Which is getting annoying.

• Casual Listener
  • My offline days left is lowering each day,Which is getting annoying.
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Has this company gone to **bleep**?

I just spent 2 hours and haven't even dented the ridiculous amount of music downloaded to my account without me ever searching anything near relevant. My account is randomly switching devices to "bilals phone" when I'm working out and my phone is on ...

• Casual Listener
  • I just spent 2 hours and haven't even dented the ridiculous amount of music downloaded to my account without me ever searching anything near relevant. My account is randomly switching devices to "bil...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Premium unable to play songs offline

I recently got premium and whenever I'm offline on my ipad mini 4 some songs in my playlist dont play no matter how many times I download and download and download. And it really pisses me off considering I was very reluctant to get Premium. Solution...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently got premium and whenever I'm offline on my ipad mini 4 some songs in my playlist dont play no matter how many times I download and download and download. And it really pisses me off c...
  • Chill7
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Play not working on one specific playlist.

Pulled up a list of songs for chinese new year and just wanted to put them on shuffle... it was doing fine for about a day, and then today I had to open the app again, and now the playlist will not shuffle. When shuffle play is off, I can click on a ...

• Pulled up a list of songs for chinese new year and just wanted to put them on shuffle... it was doing fine for about a day, and then today I had to open the app again, and now the playlist will not s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Re: not a fan of the update, Jan. 2017

The thing I don't like about the update is that i keeps on playing suggested music after you finish an album. Actually I find it real freakin annoying. If I wan't do discover similar music, there's several options to do this, but sometimes I just wan...

• Casual Listener
  • The thing I don't like about the update is that i keeps on playing suggested music after you finish an album. Actually I find it real freakin annoying. If I wan't do discover similar music, there's s...
  • freduke
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify undownloads my playlist songs when I go offline

Hi! I travel constantly, and I carry around my ipod everywhere with me. Since it is an ipod, it constantly goes on and offline. I pay premium and I have my playlists downloaded before I leave, so I can listen to my songs offline. A problem I have bee...

• Hi! I travel constantly, and I carry around my ipod everywhere with me. Since it is an ipod, it constantly goes on and offline. I pay premium and I have my playlists downloaded before I leave, s...
  • xodejabear
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline downloads

For some reason when I went onto the app and a 1000 of my songs were downloading even though they were saved offline yesterday. Why do my offline songs keep getting "undownloaded"?

• For some reason when I went onto the app and a 1000 of my songs were downloading even though they were saved offline yesterday. Why do my offline songs keep getting "undownloaded"?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Archivos locales

La carpeta que se encuentra al principio de la carpeta playlist (Archivos locales) desapareció. Reinicie todo y sigo sin encontrarla.

• Visitor
  • La carpeta que se encuentra al principio de la carpeta playlist (Archivos locales) desapareció. Reinicie todo y sigo sin encontrarla.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't download my offline songs

When I turn my playlist or songs to offline they won't download

• Casual Listener
  • When I turn my playlist or songs to offline they won't download
  • Kiapalec
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS app won't load local ALAC files album cover

Hi!As the title says, the iOS app doesn't load local files album cover if they're of the type ALAC. I have no intentions of starting to convert my whole library of local files to MP3 just to solve this issue. When are you intending to fix this issue?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! As the title says, the iOS app doesn't load local files album cover if they're of the type ALAC. I have no intentions of starting to convert my whole library of local files to MP3 just to solv...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files will not download to iphone no matter what...

Hey guys, I have an issue thats bothering me for so long now. As a last resort I decided to ask for help through here: as the title says it I cannot seem to get my local files onto the iphone. I tried everything that I could find on this blog. Restar...

• Hey guys,   I have an issue thats bothering me for so long now. As a last resort I decided to ask for help through here: as the title says it I cannot seem to get my local files onto the iphon...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook

I have a sptify permium account on my facebook. But now i cant login becaus of a 404 code.

• I have a sptify permium account on my facebook. But now i cant login becaus of a 404 code.
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My spotify starred list order has somehow reversed

My starred playlist has reversed order to oldest at the top with new songs now added to the bottom of the list on all my apple mobileDevices. Very frustrating! Not sure how it changed but can't see any settings to change it back. Tried changing on de...

• My starred playlist has reversed order to oldest at the top with new songs now added to the bottom of the list on all my apple mobile Devices. Very frustrating! Not sure how it changed but can't see...
  • Laura_mittens
  • Casual Listener
  • 21 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 10 likes

banned an artist by accident

hey guys... this is like the 4th time ive banned an artist that i love from a daily mix. is there anyway to undo that action yet?

• hey guys... this is like the 4th time ive banned an artist that i love from a daily mix. is there anyway to undo that action yet?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline local files sync

Im using an iphone 7 plus on ios 10.0.3. Previously when I used an android my loca files on my computer synced to my android phone easily and i could listen to those local files offline on my phone. Now on my iphone the local files are grey and i can...

• Casual Listener
  • Im using an iphone 7 plus on ios 10.0.3. Previously when I used an android my loca files on my computer synced to my android phone easily and i could listen to those local files offline on my phone. ...
  • Ehtsham
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove "download" options at top of page

I've tried Spotify out for over a month now, and it's really helped me cause I'm a big music fan and I've got over 3,000+ songs in my library. In contrast to Apple Music, which I've previously used for over a year, I find Spotify is much more stable ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried Spotify out for over a month now, and it's really helped me cause I'm a big music fan and I've got over 3,000+ songs in my library. In contrast to Apple Music, which I've previously used f...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Syncing Local Files

So, long story short I can see the local file on my iphone, but it is grayed out... thus no music to play. It seems as if it is synced because I can physically see it but when I tap on it, nothing happens. Using iPhone 6s with all current updates app...

• So, long story short I can see the local file on my iphone, but it is grayed out... thus no music to play. It seems as if it is synced because I can physically see it but when I tap on it, nothing ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs in different playlists

Hi. I have a doubt. Say, I download a song to listen to it offline, so i save it to Song, but then I want to create my own playlist and I send the song I downloaded previously to this new playlist. The question is: Is this song stored twice? or is it...

• Hi.    I have a doubt. Say, I download a song to listen to it offline, so i save it to Song, but then I want to create my own playlist and I send the song I downloaded previously to this ...
  • IamWilliam9
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't I contact Spotify for Support?

I am very frustrated that this Spotify site has options like "Help" and "Technical Support" but it all just takes you in a circle to Community. As a paying customer, I feel I should be able to contact support from the company I'm paying. When you sea...

• Casual Listener
  • I am very frustrated that this Spotify site has options like "Help" and "Technical Support" but it all just takes you in a circle to Community. As a paying customer, I feel I should be able to contac...
  • lindseyblais
  • 10 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 20 likes