Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Shuffle

Whenever I put on spotify and turn off shuffle, it just shuffles the songs of that artist. Its kind of weird. For example, if I were to put on Hol' Up by Kendrick Lamar (on Section.80), (shuffle is off) it would go to ADHD (on the same album) and the...

• Whenever I put on spotify and turn off shuffle, it just shuffles the songs of that artist. Its kind of weird. For example, if I were to put on Hol' Up by Kendrick Lamar (on Section.80), (shuffle is o...
  • ToolboxT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify creating it's own radio stations

So the last two days every time I try to just play one artist after one or two songs it just starts its own song radio and I have to go back into the artist and try to play another track but it keeps happening. Any thoughts?

• Casual Listener
  • So the last two days every time I try to just play one artist after one or two songs it just starts its own song radio and I have to go back into the artist and try to play another track but it keeps...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone app use data even if disabled in iOS

Hi, since a few days, I remarked that the iPhone app was using data connexion even if it was disable in iOS settings..as you can see on the attached screenshot, Spotify was toggled off, it however used 37mb... also, I can play radio / search.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, since a few days, I remarked that the iPhone app was using data connexion even if it was disable in iOS settings..as you can see on the attached screenshot, Spotify was toggled off, it however us...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are not available

Some of my songs are not available. What is the reason?

• Casual Listener
  • Some of my songs are not available. What is the reason?
  • Kaotika
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files will not download on iPhone

I've followed the instructions posted online for syncing of local files from a desktop PC to a mobile device (iPhone). Both my iPhone and PC (Windows 10) machine are on the same wifi network. On the PC, I create a playlist of local files and that doe...

• I've followed the instructions posted online for syncing of local files from a desktop PC to a mobile device (iPhone). Both my iPhone and PC (Windows 10) machine are on the same wifi network. On the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Queue Missing

Just updated to Spotify version 7.5.0 on iPhone and can no longer access the list of tracks that I've got queued, and no longer tells you how many tracks you have in the queue either.

• Regular
  • Just updated to Spotify version 7.5.0 on iPhone and can no longer access the list of tracks that I've got queued, and no longer tells you how many tracks you have in the queue either.
  • scofo76
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Remove sticky "Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 3.7.0" thread.

We're on version 7.5.0 and the sticky is 18 months old. Either post release notes for every update on a dedicated page (not only in a forum) or don't post release notes at all. All the updates now are just "minor improvements" with no explanations. I...

• Gig Goer
  • We're on version 7.5.0 and the sticky is 18 months old.   Either post release notes for every update on a dedicated page (not only in a forum) or don't post release notes at all.   All ...
  • jean3601
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • patch
    Release Notes
    Update
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Logging in

Is logged out. Now I can't log in. Says "you've already created an account with this email address. What am I doing wrong

• Casual Listener
  • Is logged out. Now I can't log in. Says "you've already created an account with this email address. What am I doing wrong
  • Fwolfard
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs play in different order when filtered by artist

Hello there, I'm a IOS user and I've found an "issue" after I installed the new version, not sure if the change was intended or what happend but looking to get some feedback if there's a fix incoming for this or a workaround. I made a playlist a whil...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello there, I'm a IOS user and I've found an "issue" after I installed the new version, not sure if the change was intended or what happend but looking to get some feedback if there's a fix incoming...
  • musiccornercv
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes

Upgrade to Family via Itunes?

If someone is an existing premium subscriber via ITunes Store, how do they upgrade to the family plan?

• If someone is an existing premium subscriber via ITunes Store, how do they upgrade to the family plan?
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotiamb 0.2.1

While listening to music I keep having this connected device, Spotiamb 0.2.1 interrupt my listening.I've tried to remove it by resting my password, removing all devices and it still pops up.Is there any way to remove it permanently? Thanks

• While listening to music I keep having this connected device, Spotiamb 0.2.1 interrupt my listening. I've tried to remove it by resting my password, removing all devices and it still pops up. I...
  • Goslopo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS Carplay Sorting Bug

Model: iPhone 7 PlusVersion: iOS 10.3 (14E5230e)Car: Volkswagen GTI 2016Spotify Version: 7.5.0 When clicking a song in CarPlay while using Spotify, a *random* song within that album is selected, and played. I've documented the issue in the video belo...

• Casual Listener
  • Model: iPhone 7 Plus Version: iOS 10.3 (14E5230e) Car: Volkswagen GTI 2016 Spotify Version: 7.5.0   When clicking a song in CarPlay while using Spotify, a *random* song within that album is...
  • Joniak
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app keeps crashing after last two updates

Ever since the last two updates of the spotify app for ios it crashes after a few minutes (really annoying as it wont even make it through an entire song even). I also notice my phone seems to get incredibly hot. Is anyone else experiencing this issu...

• Ever since the last two updates of the spotify app for ios it crashes after a few minutes (really annoying as it wont even make it through an entire song even). I also notice my phone seems to g...
  • Molfitz88
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple Car Play

I have a new Mercedes with apple car play. When I scroll playlists I can only see the first 10. So I click browse in the car and then click chill and I can then only see the first 10. It doesn't matter on which I select they are all the same. Can any...

• I have a new Mercedes with apple car play. When I scroll playlists I can only see the first 10. So I click browse in the car and then click chill and I can then only see the first 10. It doesn't matt...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost rewind button

Its a bummer that they have removed the rewind button at the new update.. it's been replaced for the thumbs up and thumbs down thing.. is there any way to get it back??

• Its a bummer that they have removed the rewind button at the new update.. it's been replaced for the thumbs up and thumbs down thing.. is there any way to get it back??
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS problem

Hi there. I recently went from an s7 edge (running on android of course) to and iPhone 7plus (iOS). Ever since I have been noticing issues with music muting itself. The music continuously plays but there is no sound whatsoever until I disconnect my h...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there. I recently went from an s7 edge (running on android of course) to and iPhone 7plus (iOS). Ever since I have been noticing issues with music muting itself. The music continuously plays but t...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Search song to song radio

After playing a one song on the search list Spotify takes me to song radio instead of playing the next song on the search list and takes me to the song radio instead I don't want this and need help

• Casual Listener
  • After playing a one song on the search list Spotify takes me to song radio instead of playing the next song on the search list and takes me to the song radio instead I don't want this and need help&n...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing after 30-60 seconds

This problem has been persisting for about a week. Every time I open up Spotify, I have about a minute before it crashes, whether I play music or not. Restarting my phone or the app does not help. Here are further details: iOS version: 8.1.2Spotify v...

• This problem has been persisting for about a week. Every time I open up Spotify, I have about a minute before it crashes, whether I play music or not. Restarting my phone or the app does not help. He...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes