Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! My spotify starred list order has somehow reversed

My starred playlist has reversed order to oldest at the top with new songs now added to the bottom of the list on all my apple mobileDevices. Very frustrating! Not sure how it changed but can't see any settings to change it back. Tried changing on de...

• My starred playlist has reversed order to oldest at the top with new songs now added to the bottom of the list on all my apple mobile Devices. Very frustrating! Not sure how it changed but can't see...
  • Laura_mittens
  • Casual Listener
  • 21 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 10 likes

banned an artist by accident

hey guys... this is like the 4th time ive banned an artist that i love from a daily mix. is there anyway to undo that action yet?

• hey guys... this is like the 4th time ive banned an artist that i love from a daily mix. is there anyway to undo that action yet?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline local files sync

Im using an iphone 7 plus on ios 10.0.3. Previously when I used an android my loca files on my computer synced to my android phone easily and i could listen to those local files offline on my phone. Now on my iphone the local files are grey and i can...

• Casual Listener
  • Im using an iphone 7 plus on ios 10.0.3. Previously when I used an android my loca files on my computer synced to my android phone easily and i could listen to those local files offline on my phone. ...
  • Ehtsham
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove "download" options at top of page

I've tried Spotify out for over a month now, and it's really helped me cause I'm a big music fan and I've got over 3,000+ songs in my library. In contrast to Apple Music, which I've previously used for over a year, I find Spotify is much more stable ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've tried Spotify out for over a month now, and it's really helped me cause I'm a big music fan and I've got over 3,000+ songs in my library. In contrast to Apple Music, which I've previously used f...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Syncing Local Files

So, long story short I can see the local file on my iphone, but it is grayed out... thus no music to play. It seems as if it is synced because I can physically see it but when I tap on it, nothing happens. Using iPhone 6s with all current updates app...

• So, long story short I can see the local file on my iphone, but it is grayed out... thus no music to play. It seems as if it is synced because I can physically see it but when I tap on it, nothing ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs in different playlists

Hi. I have a doubt. Say, I download a song to listen to it offline, so i save it to Song, but then I want to create my own playlist and I send the song I downloaded previously to this new playlist. The question is: Is this song stored twice? or is it...

• Hi.    I have a doubt. Say, I download a song to listen to it offline, so i save it to Song, but then I want to create my own playlist and I send the song I downloaded previously to this ...
  • IamWilliam9
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't I contact Spotify for Support?

I am very frustrated that this Spotify site has options like "Help" and "Technical Support" but it all just takes you in a circle to Community. As a paying customer, I feel I should be able to contact support from the company I'm paying. When you sea...

• Casual Listener
  • I am very frustrated that this Spotify site has options like "Help" and "Technical Support" but it all just takes you in a circle to Community. As a paying customer, I feel I should be able to contac...
  • lindseyblais
  • 10 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 21 likes

Solved!! App Crashing on iPhone Running IOS 7.1.2

After the most recent update the app is crashing every time I try to open the app and then it stays stuck in the background but will not allow me to access the app. I have an iPhone 5 running IOS 7.1.2. I have also tried deleting the app and re-insta...

• Casual Listener
  • After the most recent update the app is crashing every time I try to open the app and then it stays stuck in the background but will not allow me to access the app. I have an iPhone 5 running IOS 7.1...
  • Hugo29
  • 20 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Please help! Songs that I uploaded in my computer doesn't appear on other devices!

I uploaded some songs from my computer to Spotify app, it works just fine on my computer, but when I tried to use Spotify on my phone, it only syncs 1 song; the rest are grayed-out and says, "the song is not downloaded." I tried to click on "download...

• Casual Listener
  • I uploaded some songs from my computer to Spotify app, it works just fine on my computer, but when I tried to use Spotify on my phone, it only syncs 1 song; the rest are grayed-out and says, "the son...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Track mistakes on album

I recently stubled over a weird error on spotify, while listening to kanye wests new album "The Life of Pablo". When listening to the album on my desktop the track "Fade" was totally different than on my Iphone. On the my mobile it actually plays lik...

• I recently stubled over a weird error on spotify, while listening to kanye wests new album "The Life of Pablo". When listening to the album on my desktop the track "Fade" was totally different than o...
  • GabriellaGuex
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant go online with wifi on iphone(computer works)

As subject says... my premium account won't work with my home wifi on Iphone. But works on computer. what's wrong?

• As subject says... my premium account won't work with my home wifi on Iphone. But works on computer. what's wrong?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue randomly clears.

My queue will randomly clear on the Spotify iOS app. It seems to occur more often when I switch devices (for example, when I boot up Spotify on my iPhone after playing music on my desktop). However, I've seen it happen after turning Spotify back on o...

• Casual Listener
  • My queue will randomly clear on the Spotify iOS app. It seems to occur more often when I switch devices (for example, when I boot up Spotify on my iPhone after playing music on my desktop). However, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Playing only the songs in a playlist (and not 'jump' to radio)

I have an iPhone with latest OS and Spotify software. I have a Premium subscription for Spotify. I have a playlist defined in "My Library" containing 20 songs. Problem: I select the playlist from "My Library" and press "Shuffle Play". It seems to, in...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone with latest OS and Spotify software.  I have a Premium subscription for Spotify.  I have a playlist defined in "My Library" containing 20 songs.   Problem:  I s...
  • borice
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

How to recover storage space on iPhone

I have read several posts where people ask how to recover the space used by Spotify on their cell phones but I haven't heard a solution. I have the same problem and have used 2GB of storage and would like to recover that space. I appreciate any assis...

• Casual Listener
  • I have read several posts where people ask how to recover the space used by Spotify on their cell phones but I haven't heard a solution. I have the same problem and have used 2GB of storage and would...
  • Ghost12
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Other] Spotify Connect on iPhone lockscreen

I use Spotify Connect with my Gramofon. But on the iPhone lockscreen I can't control Spotify (next, previous and most important the volumne). Can you please fix this? Because when I use Bluetooth or Apple Airplay I can control Spotify on the iPhone l...

• Music Fan
  • I use Spotify Connect with my Gramofon. But on the iPhone lockscreen I can't control Spotify (next, previous and most important the volumne).    Can you please fix this? Because when I us...
  • brazilian_joe
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes

Slow to download songs

I have a lot of songs (3281 songs actually) and it is taking really long to be available offline recently. Yes, 3281 songs is a lot of songs to download so it is long but I can't believe I need to take 1 hour to download like 20+ songs? In the past l...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a lot of songs (3281 songs actually) and it is taking really long to be available offline recently.    Yes, 3281 songs is a lot of songs to download so it is long but I c...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

downloaded music lost

Hello, i have the following issue with spotify on Iphone 5S:my downloaded playlist is not anymore downloaded: i mean i have the list of songs of my playlist, byt they are not anymore downloaded on my iphone, so i need connection to re-download them a...

• Hello, i have the following issue with spotify on Iphone 5S: my downloaded playlist is not anymore downloaded: i mean i have the list of songs of my playlist, byt they are not anymore downloaded on ...
  • mike_vengeance
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod Touch stops playlist in car randomly

Hi All, I have an iPod Touch and I have successfully synced my songs/playlist etc. to the iPod, so I can listen to them in the car on offline mode. At first they work and then randomly they will just stop working and it reverts back to the itunes mus...

• Hi All,   I have an iPod Touch and I have successfully synced my songs/playlist etc. to the iPod, so I can listen to them in the car on offline mode.   At first they work and then rando...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to find my downloaded playlist

I have a lot of playlist and albums downloaded but some of them i dont follow in my account, how do i find them??

• I have a lot of playlist and albums downloaded but some of them i dont follow in my account, how do i find them??
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes