Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 10 likes

NUS discount

Hi, cannot for the life of me figure out how to apply the student discount. Why has this been made so difficult?I visit the student discount page on Spotify and it simply gives me the option of signing up for another Premium account? What are exact s...

• Hi, cannot for the life of me figure out how to apply the student discount. Why has this been made so difficult? I visit the student discount page on Spotify and it simply gives me the option of s...
  • laleli
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Accepting invitation to join premium family

I switched my plan to the family plan, but when my family member get the email, click accept invitation, spotify message says "cannot join premium for family" then another message below that that says you are already a member of this Family Plan. Thi...

• I switched my plan to the family plan, but when my family member get the email, click accept invitation, spotify message says "cannot join premium for family" then another message below that that say...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing country in a family subscription

Guys, I moved from Brazil to Ireland and I would like to change the country settings otherwise the spotify will keep offering me Brazilian trends and boring music. However, when I go to the account menu and click on Subscription I get a message that ...

• Visitor
  • Guys, I moved from Brazil to Ireland and I would like to change the country settings otherwise the spotify will keep offering me Brazilian trends and boring music. However, when I go to the account m...
  • JCdotnl
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Moving country from UK to Australia and swapping payment details

Hi, I'll be moving from the UK to Australia in a few months, so I wanted to know if there will be any issues with my account when I swap my payment method from being a UK-based bank account to an Australia-based bank account. Is that going to cause a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'll be moving from the UK to Australia in a few months, so I wanted to know if there will be any issues with my account when I swap my payment method from being a UK-based bank accoun...
  • Atapsfie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Trying to swtich my CAD account to USD

I originally had my account on CAD and had my credit card paying in CAD. I recently moved to the US and I've been trying to swtich my account over to USD esp to add my husband on the family premium account but every time I update my payment method an...

• I originally had my account on CAD and had my credit card paying in CAD. I recently moved to the US and I've been trying to swtich my account over to USD esp to add my husband on the family premium a...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Related Artist question

Not sure where to post this since it's not specific to an operating system- I'm an artist on Spotify and I'd like to improve the "Related Artist" recommendations, since they aren't accurate.If I understand correctly, Related Artists are generated by ...

• Music Fan
  • ...hat by making a public play list with and share that, and play it often, so as to maybe influence the similar artist choice. So my question is - Does this actually work? And if so what is the best m...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Family

Hi there,I have problem suscribing some of my family due the address. I send the invite link and they type the same address where we live it says a message: You can't join this Premium for Family account. We couldn't confirm that you live at the same...

• Hi there, I have problem suscribing some of my family due the address. I send the invite link and they type the same address where we live it says a message: You can't join this Premium for Family a...
  • MonicaM_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist Profile

Hi guys! I need a little help here, I sent to spotify my 2 songs and I did this with Tunecore.The pubblication will be on 10 February but I don't know if I have to create my artist profile right now or I have to wait untile 10 February.Someone please...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys! I need a little help here, I sent to spotify my 2 songs and I did this with Tunecore. The pubblication will be on 10 February but I don't know if I have to create my artist profile rig...
  • step345
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

i can't invite my family member to join the family plan, always ask for input the address..

This is the last member that I invited but the other members are ok, so I don't understand. The system always request me to input the address...

• This is the last member that I invited but the other members are ok, so I don't understand.   The system always request me to input the address...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium for family not working

My sons login by the invitation link for Spotify for family does not work, it says you cannot verify that he lives in our home. My daughters account worked well, but my sons does not and we have the same adresses all 4 of us... How to solve this? Reg...

• Casual Listener
  • My sons login by the invitation link for Spotify for family does not work, it says you cannot verify that he lives in our home. My daughters account worked well, but my sons does not and we have the ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't join my family account

I got kicked off my family account and am not sure why. I recieved the link from the account holder and entered in the same mailing address but it still does not allow me access.

• I got kicked off my family account and am not sure why.  I recieved the link from the account holder and entered in the same mailing address but it still does not allow me access.
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to log into account and/or family plan

Hi, I hope that you could please help me! It´s been a couple of months since I havn´t been able to log in to my account, when I changed my iphone and redownloaded the spotify app it said something like " you can only use spotify in another country fo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I hope that you could please help me!   It´s been a couple of months since I havn´t been able to log in to my account, when I changed my iphone and redownloaded the spotify app it said som...
  • cubatrev
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I was charged twice while attempting to sign up for a student membership

I was attempting to sign up for a student membership and my browser crashed right after I put in my information. I re-entered my information and went to verify that I was a student when my bank notified that I was double-charged before I was done wit...

• Casual Listener
  • I was attempting to sign up for a student membership and my browser crashed right after I put in my information. I re-entered my information and went to verify that I was a student when my bank notif...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Charged & not using Spotify until I get a refund!!!!!

I don't use Spotify enough to be getting charged. I haven't used it since I've been charged this month. I didn't realize until after seeing my bank statement, that you have to click unsubscribe premium 3 different times in order to no longer be charg...

• I don't use Spotify enough to be getting charged. I haven't used it since I've been charged this month. I didn't realize until after seeing my bank statement, that you have to click unsubscribe premi...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Billing info

I recently upgraded to the student premium but I'm unsure how I will get charged. I've been looking for the answer but I am now even more confused because some have said that they get charged to their phone bill. I although do NOT want to get charged...

• I recently upgraded to the student premium but I'm unsure how I will get charged. I've been looking for the answer but I am now even more confused because some have said that they get charged to thei...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to join Family Plan

I can't join again to the plan I already was in. I was already in the family plan for 4 months, then one day I stopped having Spotify Premium. When the administrator of the family plan tried to invite me again to join, I could not, it said that they ...

• I can't join again to the plan I already was in.   I was already in the family plan for 4 months, then one day I stopped having Spotify Premium. When the administrator of the family plan tried...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Signed up with cc but no premium service.

I just signed up for 30 day free premuim service with cc but it only gives me free service... ex... can't play playlist unless it shuffles.

• I just signed up for 30 day free premuim service with cc but it only gives me free service... ex... can't play playlist unless it shuffles.  
  • MonicaM_Bogota
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Family subscription woes

Hello, I had my little brother on a family subscription with my husband, sister and me. He didn't confirm for a while, and now when he tries to confirm, it won't allow him to sign up on my subscription. I removed him from the subscription and then re...

• Hello, I had my little brother on a family subscription with my husband, sister and me. He didn't confirm for a while, and now when he tries to confirm, it won't allow him to sign up on my subscripti...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cobrança por alteração de dados

Hoje 26/01 atualizei meus dados de cartão de crédito através do site, e automaticamente após a confirmação da alteração, me foi cobrado R$10,00 no meu cartão de crédito. Gostaria de entender o motivo dessa cobrança. Obrigado

• Hoje 26/01 atualizei meus dados de cartão de crédito através do site, e automaticamente após a confirmação da alteração, me foi cobrado R$10,00 no meu cartão de crédito. Gostaria de entender o motivo...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes