Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 3
  • Rising Star 3
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Faithless2o
  • Regular
  • 968 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 968 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Can I add a family member to my premium account?

I'd like to allow my wife to use my Spotify Premium account. Is this allowed? Sorry, this question is probably easy to answer, but I can't find it anywhere in the boilerplate information.

• I'd like to allow my wife to use my Spotify Premium account.  Is this allowed? Sorry, this question is probably easy to answer, but I can't find it anywhere in the boilerplate information. ...
  • Stoozer
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Payung double

Hi,I seem to be paying double for my Spotify? Can you please help? I think the problem is that I have been staying in 2 different countries, Iceland and Sweden.Best regardsRuna Gizurarson

• Hi, I seem to be paying double for my Spotify? Can you please help? I think the problem is that I have been staying in 2 different countries, Iceland and Sweden. Best regards Runa Gizurarson
  • fernandoavila
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Two accounts being charged

I had a premium account and was paying $10.99. Then all the sudden I couldn't access anything offline unless I re subscribed for $12.99. I am now being charged both monthly. How do I get rid of one? Please email back at taylorpoulin77@gmail.com thank...

• I had a premium account and was paying $10.99. Then all the sudden I couldn't access anything offline unless I re subscribed for $12.99. I am now being charged both monthly. How do I get rid of one? ...
  • ahuard
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Account - Help!

Hi! i didnt use Spotify since July. Then I saw on my paypal account that Spotify debit since September '15 9,99, but why? I canceld my account in July?! I don't want to pay when I am not using Spotify and I can't use Spotify because I am abroad, plea...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   i didnt use Spotify since July. Then I saw on my paypal account that Spotify debit since September '15 9,99, but why? I  canceld my account in July?! I don't want to pay when I am n...
  • driveflanger
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't change payment info

I recently changed my credit card number and I have been trying to change my payment info for Spotify. When they redirect me to the "Payment change" form there's only a blank page. I received a msg claiming my payment couldn't be made, obviously, wit...

• I recently changed my credit card number and I have been trying to change my payment info for Spotify. When they redirect me to the "Payment change" form there's only a blank page. I received a msg c...
  • driveflanger
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Paypal

There was not enough money on my Paypal account to pay for the monthly subscription. I got a message from Spotify that they were declined payment from Paypal so my monthly subscription could not be renewed. There is enough money now, how can I let Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • There was not enough money on my Paypal account to pay for the monthly subscription. I got a message from Spotify that they were declined payment from Paypal so my monthly subscription could not be r...
  • rita091
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Charged for premium, but still free

Hi, So I recently tried to subscribe to premium using the student discount. I put in all of my Visa card information, but Spotify didn't recognize the college I go to, and the payment form was never completed. I looked at my card activities and I was...

• Hi,   So I recently tried to subscribe to premium using the student discount. I put in all of my Visa card information, but Spotify didn't recognize the college I go to, and the payment form w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Free
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can not login

I've been on spotify for a few months now however today It logged me off and I can't login anymore which is strange because I can login JUST fine in this site but not on the app? Can anyone help me this is really frustrating.

• Visitor
  • I've been on spotify for a few months now however today It logged me off and I can't login anymore which is strange because I can login JUST fine in this site but not on the app? Can anyone help me t...
  • Myrilaura
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Accidentally signed up with wrong subscription

I was trying to sign up as a sudent for the discount and I wasnt paying attention to the page. So I got signed up for the $9.99 instead of the $4.99.... is there anyway i can fix this?????!!!

• I was trying to sign up as a sudent for the discount and I wasnt paying attention to the page. So I got signed up for the $9.99 instead of the $4.99.... is there anyway i can fix this?????!!!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Student discount

I have a premium account but I just now started school, how do I swift over to the school discount?

• I have a premium account but I just now started school, how do I swift over to the school discount?
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

login

Just the other day I was using my Spotify just fine and the next day I can't login it keeps saying wrong password or username and it's right everything I use my Facebook and also tried my email address

• Just the other day I was using my Spotify just fine and the next day I can't login it keeps saying wrong password or username and it's right everything I use my Facebook and also tried my email addre...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account got suspended for unauthorized gift card

So I was unable to login in spotify and the customer service told me that the reason is that I used an unauthorized Gift Card. They didn't answer me what I should do now - they just said that they were unable to give my account back. Is that for real...

• Casual Listener
  • So I was unable to login in spotify and the customer service told me that the reason is that I used an unauthorized Gift Card. They didn't answer me what I should do now - they just said that they we...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Accidentally pushed the available offline button

Today by mistake i pushed the available button which is at the top of all my songs on a premium account. Now all my songs are there but i have to redownlaod them all which will use alot of internet which im not happy with. Is there any way around thi...

• Casual Listener
  • Today by mistake i pushed the available button which is at the top of all my songs on a premium account. Now all my songs are there but i have to redownlaod them all which will use alot of internet w...
  • Adam_B
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Login
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Hi, I cannot login anymore, and I can't recover my password because I don't receive the email to recover passoword.I first create my account using facebook and a few days ago i create a password for it, and since yesterday, I can't login anymore.Anyo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I cannot login anymore, and I can't recover my password because I don't receive the email to recover passoword. I first create my account using facebook and a few days ago i create a pa...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

student account

I am a student using my student email and I am being charged full price still. Can someone help me with this?

• I am a student using my student email and I am being charged full price still. Can someone help me with this?
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My account has been compromised

My account has been compromised within the last 48 hours. It looks like the email address has been changed on the account. I am currently still signed in because I have a session open with my username via Facebook. I believe this has also been remove...

• Music Fan
  • My account has been compromised within the last 48 hours.   It looks like the email address has been changed on the account. I am currently still signed in because I have a session open with m...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Security
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Account hacked and need assistance.

I have Tweeted to SpotifyCares and sent in a contact form but the contact form said it would reach out to me via the hijackers email. Someone has hijacked my account and change the contact email and password. I can still access via facebook but canno...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Tweeted to SpotifyCares and sent in a contact form but the contact form said it would reach out to me via the hijackers email.    Someone has hijacked my account and change the con...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Need help deleting an account

Hello,I have two spotify accounts. I would like to delete the older one because it has an inactive email and cannot seem to change it in my edits because it is not accepting my password despite it being correct. I went to the Contact Forms where it t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have two spotify accounts. I would like to delete the older one because it has an inactive email and cannot seem to change it in my edits because it is not accepting my password despite it ...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Charged 4 times (Student Deal)

I was trying to get the student deal for $4.99 a month. But I wasn't verified, so I tried several more times (typing my card info in each time). After failing four times. I gave up. Now I looked at my card statement. And I was charged four times, $4....

• I was trying to get the student deal for $4.99 a month. But I wasn't verified, so I tried several more times (typing my card info in each time). After failing four times. I gave up. Now I looked at m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing is working

On my account it says I have premium. But I don't on any device. I have tried logging out and logging in again. That didn't work. And neither has uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify. What. Do I do?

• Regular
  • On my account it says I have premium. But I don't on any device. I have tried logging out and logging in again. That didn't work. And neither has uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify. What. Do I do?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes