Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 4
  • Rising Star 4
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • cmill9704
  • Casual Listener
  • 972 replies
  • 109 likes
  • Account
  • 972 replies
  • 109 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Maria
  • 72 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 72 replies
  • 11 likes

I want to pay in my own curreny, can I?

Hi! I've got a question. I Subscribed to Premium, and the price looked nice to me, in my own currency. But when the bill came at the end of the month, Spotify is charging me in dollars, not only it's another price, but it also makes the bank bill me ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I've got a question. I Subscribed to Premium, and the price looked nice to me, in my own currency.  But when the bill came at the end of the month, Spotify is charging me in dollars, not o...
  • danterl
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

lost playlists and premium PLEASE HELP

I have had to change my face book password recently and now my Spotify account has no premium and all my playlists are gone, somehow I can still access Spotify from my iPad app and all my playlists etc. are there but when I log in to Spotify from the...

• Visitor
  • I have had to change my face book password recently and now my Spotify account has no premium and all my playlists are gone, somehow I can still access Spotify from my iPad app and all my playlists e...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log into my Premium account.

I have Spotify premium and I have two accounts associated to the same email with very, very similar usernames... as in practically identical, but seperate. I initially created an account that was tied to my facebook which I did not like, so I created...

• I have Spotify premium and I have two accounts associated to the same email with very, very similar usernames... as in practically identical, but seperate. I initially created an account that was tie...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sign up for Family plan

I am currently a Soptify premium member. I am trying to sign up for the family plan however, once I enter all my payment info and submit it, the page just refreshes and show the exact same page. I tried on Safari and Chrome.

• Music Fan
  • I am currently a Soptify premium member. I am trying to sign up for the family plan however, once I enter all my payment info and submit it, the page just refreshes and show the exact same page.&nbsp...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to unsubscribe

Hi, I am unable to find a way to unsubscribe. Pls help   thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I am unable to find a way to unsubscribe. Pls help   thanks
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unauthorized Payments

My mom has never signed up for Spotify but every month, she is charged the $9.99 fee to have the Premium subscription. I only have the Free option. How can she go about stopping the automatic payments on her debit card?

• My mom has never signed up for Spotify but every month, she is charged the $9.99 fee to have the Premium subscription. I only have the Free option. How can she go about stopping the automatic payment...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Subscription doesn't appear after payment

I paid the 1/1/2015 the substription of 3 month paying only 099 € but the other day the accout changed to free, the program did't said nothing and in the account doesn't appear nothing. If any administrator could help me it would be great because I c...

• I paid the 1/1/2015 the substription of 3 month paying only 099 € but the other day the accout changed to free, the program did't said nothing and in the account doesn't appear nothing.  ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

adding student discount while on 3 month trial

So I signed up for the $0.99 3 month subscription. I am a a student so after that expires, I would like to apply the student discount so that I don't get charged $9.99. When I press "Get Premium" on the student page, it just directs me back to my ori...

• So I signed up for the $0.99 3 month subscription. I am a a student so after that expires, I would like to apply the student discount so that I don't get charged $9.99. When I press "Get Premium" on ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

merge 2 accounts into one

Hi! I have 2 accounts, one linked to Facebook and the other to my mail. I have access to both of them, and since i only use one (the one with my mail) but all my friends follow the Facebook one, i'd like to know if is possible to merge the accounts i...

• Visitor
  • Hi! I have 2 accounts, one linked to Facebook and the other to my mail. I have access to both of them, and since i only use one (the one with my mail) but all my friends follow the Facebook one, i'd ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Disconnecting from other iOS devices

I was trying to disconnnect all my devices through this link here, however when I click the link, I am still able to open my spotify app and still be logged in, which tells me it didn't work on all the other devices I actually want to disconnect from...

• I was trying to disconnnect all my devices through this link here, however when I click the link, I am still able to open my spotify app and still be logged in, which tells me it didn't work on ...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Accidentally link to FB and replace my originally Facebook account... (Can't log in right now)

So here's the case. I have two accounts, one on my laptop while the other one on my iphone The one on my laptop is a Facebook-linked account (signed up using Facebook account) Then there's one day when I accidentally press the "link to Facebook" butt...

2015-01-25_013121.png
  • Casual Listener
  • So here's the case.   I have two accounts, one on my laptop while the other one on my iphone The one on my laptop is a Facebook-linked account (signed up using Facebook account)   ...
  • luke831215
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Harrasment account

Currently a feminist group I am part of is coordinating a playlist of feminist songs. Someone is repeatedly adding anti-feminist songs to the playlist, which is annoying - but they are doing it using a name that is clearly intended to let them masque...

• Currently a feminist group I am part of is coordinating a playlist of feminist songs. Someone is repeatedly adding anti-feminist songs to the playlist, which is annoying - but they are doing it using...
  • Erkan_Yılmaz
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Premium not working

Ive been subscribed to the premium for a while now with no problems until a few days ago. It now says my accounts under free but when i look online it says my subscription was renewed on 1/1/15 i also cant edit any of my payment or subsription settin...

• Casual Listener
  • Ive been subscribed to the premium for a while now with no problems until a few days ago. It now says my accounts under free but when i look online it says my subscription was renewed on 1/1/15 i als...
  • Beth_Hughes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

NUS Student Discount

I Recently got an NUS extra card and tried to upgrade my Spotify Account to premium, but a message appears saying "This feature is currently unavailable." I've tried it several times over several weeks on multiple internet browsers and the message is...

• I Recently got an NUS extra card and tried to upgrade my Spotify Account to premium, but a message appears saying "This feature is currently unavailable."   I've tried it several times over ...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Charging for free 30 days premium trial?

I signed up for the free trial period of 30 days today, but already now I was charged on my credit card! That can't be right? It clearly says that you will only be charged by the end of the 30 day trial if you wish to continue and don't cancel.

• Casual Listener
  • I signed up for the free trial period of 30 days today, but already now I was charged on my credit card! That can't be right? It clearly says that you will only be charged by the end of the 30 day tr...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Premium
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Extend Spotify premium 99p offer

Hey guys. After finally having a chance of getting premium for 99p, it came to my horror that the offer ran out yesterday Can the offer be extended or something? Please Thank you

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys. After finally having a chance of getting premium for 99p, it came to my horror that the offer ran out yesterday 😧 😧 😧 Can the offer be extended or something? Please 😧   Thank y...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Password reset help

I have tried to reset my password for my account but I am not receiving and email to do. My account is a premium one so it will keep going on if I can't get on to change anything. I've had to use this facebook account to get on here and post this. Th...

• I have tried to reset my password for my account but I am not receiving and email to do. My account is a premium one so it will keep going on if I can't get on to change anything. I've had to use thi...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All playlists are gone

Hello All my playlists, favorites and stuff is gone. I saw the FAQ and logged in with my username as usual. So no two-account misunderstanding as far as I know. Any help would be much appreciated as I have been using Spotify since the start.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   All my playlists, favorites and stuff is gone.   I saw the FAQ and  logged in with my username as usual. So no two-account misunderstanding as far as I know.   ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

trouble redeeming code

i have just bought a spotify code card but i am on holiday in austria so when i went to put the code in it said 'this code is not valid in this country', so i went to change the country from uk to austria but the country austria isnt even there! Now ...

• i have just bought a spotify code card but i am on holiday in austria so when i went to put the code in it said 'this code is not valid in this country', so i went to change the country from uk to au...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Public playlist - profile privacy

Basically, I would like to share my playlists, but unfortunately my profile will be shown up as the creator. Where, as I was originally connected via FB, my real name and picture appear. Is there any way to make it work - public playlist without affe...

• ...ny way to make it work - public playlist without affecting privacy? One way to do that is to creat a different account not connected to FB, but I'm using a subscription from Orange Switzerland. &n...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes