Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Future Never gon lose

Can yall please put never gon lose again on Spotify please

• Can yall please put never gon lose again on Spotify please
  • sydneyhazelton
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Radio autoplays after connecting to wifi

I will pause my playlist, close out of Spotify, and when my phone connects to any wifi network the app starts autoplaying a playlist radio based on the last playlist I listened to. I have streaming set to wifi only.It wastes my battery if I leave my ...

• Regular
  • I will pause my playlist, close out of Spotify, and when my phone connects to any wifi network the app starts autoplaying a playlist radio based on the last playlist I listened to. I have streaming s...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • autoplay
    Radio
    Troubleshooting
    wifi
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloaded Playlist: some songs doesn't start playing

Hi, i have an android 5 device.I've downloaded a playlist.In offline mode some of the songs ( not all of them ) doesn't play.They stay at 0:00.If I'm online it works... I've tried downloading them again, still not working.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   i have an android 5 device. I've downloaded a playlist. In offline mode some of the songs ( not all of them ) doesn't play. They stay at 0:00. If I'm online it works...   I've...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Samsung A3 2016 - music cuts out

Recently my Spotify has been cutting out during songs - it just did it twice in the space of about three seconds making listening unbearable. I had thought it was my headphones as they fell into water but I'm currently using a speaker plugged into my...

• Regular
  • Recently my Spotify has been cutting out during songs - it just did it twice in the space of about three seconds making listening unbearable. I had thought it was my headphones as they fell into wate...
  • Alejandro_C
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn´t work on my Moto G

Hi!!! I need help, my spotify doesn´t work on my Moto G (3rd generation), android 6.0 and spotify Free acount and spotify version 6.0.0.864 armV7. To one day to another my spotify doesn´t play nothing on my phone, all my playlist and spotify list are...

• Hi!!!   I need help, my spotify doesn´t work on my Moto G (3rd generation), android 6.0 and spotify Free acount and spotify version 6.0.0.864 armV7. To one day to another my spotify doesn´t pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 6.0
    Android App
    Moto G
    spotify free
    spotify grey playlist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

If I cancel my premium

I used to have Premium and I had saved all my music to my device's SD card. I recently cancelled my premium and the music is still on my card, so am I using data now to listen to the same songs?

• Casual Listener
  • I used to have Premium and I had saved all my music to my device's SD card. I recently cancelled my premium and the music is still on my card, so am I using data now to listen to the same songs?
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can no longer play songs

I was listening to a song which stopped suddenly and went to an ad and then froze. After that I couldn't play and of the songs in my library. I tried logging off and logging in but couldn't log back in. I use Facebook and even though I logged into my...

• I was listening to a song which stopped suddenly and went to an ad and then froze. After that I couldn't play and of the songs in my library. I tried logging off and logging in but couldn't log back ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong song mobile vs desktop

Howdy, Not sure where to report this but on the following album: https://play.spotify.com/user/byron.smith/playlist/1CCaKdCvdX9mwhciXwrMyp The song by Ed Sheeran on my Android is definitely not Ed, it's a cover by some who sounds nothing like Ed. On ...

• Howdy,   Not sure where to report this but on the following album:   https://play.spotify.com/user/byron.smith/playlist/1CCaKdCvdX9mwhciXwrMyp   The song by Ed Sheeran on m...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

recover deleted songs from offline android

Hello everyone, By mistake, more than half of my main playlist get deleted. When i noticed that, i immediatly press several time the undo fonction (ctrl + z), but it didn't recover all my deleted song (595/648).But that was on my PC and still have th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone,   By mistake, more than half of my main playlist get deleted. When i noticed that, i immediatly press several time the undo fonction (ctrl + z), but it didn't recover all my de...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sharing music on spotify

I can no longer share a song on spotify using spotify. I used to be able to click share, select recipient, and type a name. Now when i click share my phone options pop up with text message, facebook, fb messenger, and every other option you could thi...

• Casual Listener
  • I can no longer share a song on spotify using spotify. I used to be able to click share, select recipient, and type a name. Now when i click share my phone options pop up with text message, facebook,...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

help me with random spontaniusly app reset

hi spotify assistant, i have random reset of entire installation of spotify on my device android (samsung note8 and lg g3). randomically and after turn off the device sometimes i lost all the spotify settings and entire offline music saved in externa...

• hi spotify assistant, i have random reset of entire installation of spotify on my device android (samsung note8 and lg g3). randomically and after turn off the device sometimes  i lost all the s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • offline issue
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot sort my music by artist

I have attached the filters available in my library. According to the Spotify help page here: https://support.spotify.com/nz/using_spotify/playlists/sorting-and-filtering/ it is supposed to show Playlists, Songs, Albums or Artists but mine only shows...

• Casual Listener
  • I have attached the filters available in my library.   According to the Spotify help page here: https://support.spotify.com/nz/using_spotify/playlists/sorting-and-filtering/ it is suppose...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Next track won't start if device screen is in sleep mode

Description Next track won't start if device screen is in sleep mode. A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Open spotify 2. Start a playlist or a radio 3. Wait fro the screen to go off 4. Next song won't play 5. Wake the screen 6. Next...

• Music Fan
  • Description Next track won't start if device screen is in sleep mode.   A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Open spotify 2. Start a playlist or a radio 3. Wai...
  • Socalyotaboy83
  • 28 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 28 replies
  • 4 likes

Wont play unless the app is in the foreground and the phone is unlocked

Hi, I recently got spotify premium and if I play a song on my phone then lock my phone while the app is still in the foreground, it will continue to play. However, once the song ends it will not go on to the next song. Additionally if I open up the a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I recently got spotify premium and if I play a song on my phone then lock my phone while the app is still in the foreground, it will continue to play. However, once the song ends it will not go o...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Smart offline Mode

Hey Friends,Ever since I updated to Android Marshmallow the "smart offline mode" feature in Spotify (where it will go into offline mode automatically when you are not connected to a wifi network) seems to have gone missing. I'm just wondering if anyo...

• Hey Friends, Ever since I updated to Android Marshmallow the "smart offline mode" feature in Spotify (where it will go into offline mode automatically when you are not connected to a wifi network)...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Song not Avaliable

Hey i just created a new account and got Spotfy Premium, but all my explicit songs are not playing even my age being 18. Is someone having the same problem or could help me solve it? PS: The same thing is happening in my Moto G4

• Hey i just created a new account and got Spotfy Premium, but all my explicit songs are not playing even my age being 18. Is someone having the same problem or could help me solve it?   PS: The...
  • mmcmatheus15
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover weekly

My discover weekly playlist is 80% in french or other languages i don't understand. I'm from Poland, don't listen to french music so i have no idea why this happens. It has happened before. Does anyone know hot to solve the problem?

• Casual Listener
  • My discover weekly playlist is 80% in french or other languages i don't understand. I'm from Poland, don't listen to french music so i have no idea why this happens. It has happened before. Does anyo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Double payment.

You guys have doubled up on payments a few times on me now. So it's nothing to do with hitting an upgrade button.. I think you should either refund the money or don't charge me what I've paid.. I'm Probably 2 or 3 months in advance with you guys.. Ki...

• You guys have doubled up on payments a few times on me now. So it's nothing to do with hitting an upgrade button.. I think you should either refund the money or don't charge me what I've paid.. I'm P...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Not starting in Offline Mode

Hi I have a premium account on my Android 6 phone (Spotify 6.0.0.864 armv7). If I set Spotify to Offline Mode in the settings and close the app I have to put it back Online before it will open again. If I manually put Spotify offline and close and re...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I have a premium account on my Android 6 phone (Spotify 6.0.0.864 armv7).   If I set Spotify to Offline Mode in the settings and close the app I have to put it back Online before i...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify don't recognize music on SD card

So I had to get my cellphone repaired, and for safety issues I took off the SD card, and now that I have my cellphone back all the music I previously download on the SD card it's not available, like I have never downloaded it.Sorry if I write anythin...

• Casual Listener
  • So I had to get my cellphone repaired, and for safety issues I took off the SD card, and now that I have my cellphone back all the music I previously download on the SD card it's not available, like ...
  • NicolasRivas91
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes