Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting stuck when using bluetooth in car.

I have a premium plan and I am using a Samsung galaxy S9+ with the latest firmware. I connect to my 2013 Ford Explorer via bluetooth. I have steering wheel controls for volume and skipping. When it first starts streaming everything is fine but after ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium plan and I am using a Samsung galaxy S9+ with the latest firmware.  I connect to my 2013 Ford Explorer via bluetooth.  I have steering wheel controls for volume and skippin...
  • Maccle
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

+ liked song issue and saved album

There seems a bug or something that seems very annoying if expected behaviour. I did like the heart icon when in free version for liking songs and albums. Now I've upgraded to premium these are missing. But my issue... If select a song in an album an...

• There seems a bug or something that seems very annoying if expected behaviour. I did like the heart icon when in free version for liking songs and albums. Now I've upgraded to premium these are missi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing to Instagram Story Not Working

I updated Instagram, I have spotify premium for the latest version 8.4.97.807. I have Android, but it doesn't allow me to share music on Instagram either in private or in stories

• Casual Listener
  • I updated Instagram, I have spotify premium for the latest version 8.4.97.807. I have Android, but it doesn't allow me to share music on Instagram either in private or in stories
  • Rules10
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs unavialble

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 5Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueMany songs are unavailable for my spotify account like those of Linkin Park and many others.And also when I tried changing my location to USA in order to get tho...

• Plan Free Country India Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Many songs are unavailable for my spotify account like those of Linkin Park and many ...
  • dregnor
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify randomly plays to a device I've never heard of

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceGoogle Pixel 2xlOperating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueCompletely at random Spotify will change to a device I've never heard of, it also changes the track at the same time. This can happen while listening on my pho...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Google Pixel 2xl Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue Completely at random Spotify will change to a device I've never heard of, it also c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New design

PlanPremium (since 2015)CountryHungaryDeviceNokia 7 PlusOperating SystemAndroid 9.0 Pie My Question or Issue Hi Guys! I'm a Premium member since 2015 and the design is almost always the same for me. I created another account 3 days ago and it has a n...

• Not applicable
  • Plan Premium (since 2015) Country Hungary Device Nokia 7 Plus Operating System Android 9.0 Pie   My Question or Issue   Hi Guys!   I'm a Premium member since 2015 and the ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Premium Ads

I get that the only way you get people to buy premium is to annoy the f*ck out of them with premium ads. I get that you need ads to support the free version of spotify. I would love it if you stopped sucking you own d*cks by having three premium ads ...

• Visitor
  • I get that the only way you get people to buy premium is to annoy the f*ck out of them with premium ads. I get that you need ads to support the free version of spotify. I would love it if you stopped...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums from library not showing up

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceAsus Zenfone 5 Selfie LiteOperating SystemAndroid Nougat 7.1.1 My Question or Issue When I open my app, it shows all of my saved artists, informs all of my downloaded and saved songs, but when I try to open some artists,...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Asus Zenfone 5 Selfie Lite Operating System Android Nougat 7.1.1   My Question or Issue   When I open my app, it shows all of my saved artists,...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Store offline music on the external SD card on andriod

PremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceLenovo K5 NoteOperating SystemAndroid 5.1 (Lollipop)Spotify Version 8.4.97.807 My Question or IssueI want to store all of the music into my SD card so I can save room on my internal storage. I tried reinstall spotify more ...

• Visitor
  • Premium Country Slovakia Device Lenovo K5 Note Operating System Android 5.1 (Lollipop) Spotify Version 8.4.97.807    My Question or Issue I want to store all of the music into my S...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums, artists and playlists display in random order - Android Auto

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceOneplus 3Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueLatest update (8.4.97.807) displays all albums, artists and playlists in a completely random order when using android auto (4.0.590434). They all display in correct a...

Screenshot_20190318-084854.jpg Screenshot_20190318-084929.jpg Screenshot_20190318-084958.jpg
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Oneplus 3 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Latest update (8.4.97.807) displays all albums, artists and playlists in a completely rand...
  • Bogdanbl
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Android Library blank except one artist

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8My Question or IssueI had a Spotify premium account with a close friend for a short while to try it out. We loved it, and I decided to make a new one. I found out that you can save all your music to a playlis...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy 8 My Question or Issue I had a Spotify premium account with a close friend for a short while to try it out. We loved it, and I decided to make a n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Xperia Z3 Compact

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSony Xperia Z3 CompactOperating SystemAndroid Marshmellow My Question or IssueHi,I bought a new smartphone. It's a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. So my problem is:Sometimes (or very often), when I want to hear the next song an...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Operating System Android Marshmellow   My Question or Issue Hi, I bought a new smartphone. It's a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. So...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant listen to a full song

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or Issue For the last 4 days I have been having an issue where i cannot listen to a full song if my hand isnt physically on the standby button or display. It is very fr...

Screenshot_20190317-145918_Spotify.jpg Screenshot_20190317-150026_Settings.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue   For the last 4 days I have been having an issue where i cannot listen to a ful...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all my songs! And navigating is **bleep** now

PlanPremium familyCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueHere's what changed on my sister's phone recently:1) most of her songs are gone2) the settings icon is now located on the Home page instead of the L...

• Plan Premium family Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue Here's what changed on my sister's phone recently: 1) most of her ...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Can't see all my songs list anywhere

vernee apollo lite android 6.0PremiumSo basically I was always able to see the list of all my songs but it literally disappeared a few days ago. I have tried the solutions suggested in other threads such as reinstalling, deleting the cache, logging o...

• Visitor
  • vernee apollo lite android 6.0 Premium So basically I was always able to see the list of all my songs but it literally disappeared a few days ago. I have tried the solutions suggested in other thre...
  • Deadjim
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Can't load "various artists" songs lists in the artists section of my library

PlanFamily CountryBrazil DeviceMoto Z2 Play Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or IssueSince a few days ago I can't access the songs saved on my library under "various artists". I used to be able to see all the songs normally, all sorted by th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family   Country Brazil   Device Moto Z2 Play   Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue Since a few days ago I can't access the songs saved on my l...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't start spotify on Galaxy Note 9

Since last update (tonight)I can't open spotify. When clicking on the app icon it opens for a second,I can see spotify logo in the center and it immediate exits. No error message or any message at all - just kick me back to the home screen.Tried to r...

• Regular
  • Since last update (tonight) I can't open spotify.   When clicking on the app icon it opens for a second, I can see spotify logo in the center and it immediate exits.   No error messag...
  • yan1v
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Content not available to me - but it is for others. Why?

Hi.I'm using Spotify Premium since years but came across an issue recently which drives me mad:For some weird reason there is content which generally is available - but not to me.E.g.the new Backyard Babies Album (Sliver and Gold) is just not showing...

• Hi. I'm using Spotify Premium since years but came across an issue recently which drives me mad: For some weird reason there is content which generally is available - but not to me. E.g.the new Ba...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • empty album
    Empty playlists
    invisible files
    No content
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't cast anymore

Hi! After the update yesterday, my app no longer lets me view available devices to cast to. When I push the "devices available ", It just opens the song where you can favourite it or shuffle/repeat. Doesn't show devices anymore. PlanPremiumCountryGer...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! After the update yesterday, my app no longer lets me view available devices to cast to. When I push the "devices available ", It just opens the song where you can favourite it or shuffle/repeat. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music pausing when Android locked going to sleep, tried all previous solutions but nothing works.

Hi guys, Been experiencing this before the previous system update. Music will stop every single time that the phone is being locked and goes to sleep mode.I have no data restriction, no powrp saving mode activated and no system cleaning apps, but sti...

• Visitor
  • Hi guys,   Been experiencing this before the previous system update. Music will stop every single time that the phone is being locked and goes to sleep mode. I have no data restriction, no po...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes