Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Login back in if App logs out when in offline mode.

PROBLEM: Anytime Spotify decides to logout and the app was in 'off-line mode' you will no longer be able to log back in. It will just continually give you the generic check connection message, or the login button will just be stuck in the active phas...

• Visitor
  • PROBLEM: Anytime Spotify decides to logout and the app was in 'off-line mode' you will no longer be able to log back in. It will just continually give you the generic check connection message, or the...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No Download and Settings Crashing

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceLG G6Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueIf I attempt to change streaming or download quality my app lags out and proceeds to crash. My download issue is that I have reinstalled the app upwards of 20 ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device LG G6 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue If I attempt to change streaming or download quality my app lags out and proceeds t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • broken
    Crash
    Crash Android
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Memory space not recovered after spotify uninstall

Hi there, As my phone's internal memory ran out of free space, I uninstalled spotify to get rid of all offline songs I had.Unfortunately, Spotify is gone but my free space has not grown up...Spotify cache was around 3GB and my free space is till arou...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   As my phone's internal memory ran out of free space, I uninstalled spotify to get rid of all offline songs I had. Unfortunately, Spotify is gone but my free space has not grown up...
  • joachimsene
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Where does Spotify store offline music?

Hi,I hope you can help me with my problem. I've googled a lot and searched through every corner of my device memory but I can't find the folder where spotify stores the downloaded files. I have a Samsung S8 and google searches are all outdated.When I...

• Hi, I hope you can help me with my problem. I've googled a lot and searched through every corner of my device memory but I can't find the folder where spotify stores the downloaded files. I have a S...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sleep Timer on Android

PlanPremiumCountrySouth Africa DevicePixel 3XLOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI have searched and high and low but my app does not show the "Sleep Timer" when playing a song. I go into the song menu via the 3 dots in top right corner b...

• Plan Premium Country South Africa   Device Pixel 3XL Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I have searched and high and low but my app does not show the "Sleep Tim...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 10
    Sleep Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect disconnects when playing from an album

Premium user here on a Samsung Galaxy S10 plus. Whenever I play music from a playlist via Spotify connect on my Bose soundtouch 20, it works. But when I play a song via 'artist' or 'album' it disconnects every time. Very annoying!So I can only play t...

• Visitor
  • Premium user here on a Samsung Galaxy S10 plus.    Whenever I play music from a playlist via Spotify connect on my Bose soundtouch 20, it works.    But when I play a song via ...
  • Ellak
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • connection
    disconnection
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android 10 Notification - Spotify progress bar is not working.

Android 10 has landed and I realize Spotify notification drop down controls are missing the interactivity with the progress bar. It only shows the progress of the music but you can't drag or tab on it. I attached a screenshot, the song is already ove...

• Visitor
  • Android 10 has landed and I realize Spotify notification drop down controls are missing the interactivity with the progress bar. It only shows the progress of the music but you can't drag or tab on i...
  • phpman
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    Notification bar player
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

[Bug] Crash in family mix

PlanPremium - FamilyCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9+Operating SystemDunno, probably the latest My Question or IssueThe Spotify app crashes about 2 seconds after pressing the close button in the family menu. By family menu I mean the list of fa...

• Plan Premium - Family Country Australia Device Samsung Galaxy 9+ Operating System Dunno, probably the latest   My Question or Issue The Spotify app crashes about 2 seconds after pressi...
  • dammitjim
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Music downloads do not remain offline

PlanPremium familiarCountryBrazilDeviceMotorola Moto E4Operating SystemAndroid 7.1.1Spotify version 8.5.32.889 My Question or IssueThe songs are downloaded in the android app, but do not stay offline. I download the songs, but when I try to listen of...

• Plan Premium familiar Country Brazil Device Motorola Moto E4 Operating System Android 7.1.1 Spotify version 8.5.32.889  My Question or Issue The songs are downloaded in the androi...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Offline Android
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Application not always stopping...

Plan: PremiumCountry: FrDevice: Huawei P10 LiteOperating System: Android 8.0.0My Question or IssueThe application is not always stopping when I close it. I mean that I can't see a trace of Spotify on my phone (nothing in the running applications list...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: Fr Device: Huawei P10 Lite Operating System: Android 8.0.0 My Question or Issue The application is not always stopping when I close it. I mean that I can't see a trac...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify changes from SD card to internal storage at every reboot

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy Edge 7Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueUnlike the link here the bug is not fixed. If I install Spotify and check my default storage for music, my SD card is already selected. I download som...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue Unlike the link here the bug is not fixed. If I install Spotify and check ...
  • Atexor
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
    sd card
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Freeze in Redmi Note 8 Pro

PlanFamilyCountryIrelandDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro 128GBOperating SystemMIUI Global 10.4.5 (Android 9)My Question or IssueFrom any screen that at the top right corner the three dots are showing (player, playlist view, album, artist...) in this dev...

• Regular
  • Plan Family Country Ireland Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro 128GB Operating System MIUI Global 10.4.5 (Android 9) My Question or Issue From any screen that at the top right corner the three d...
  • corsario
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Redmi
    Xiaomi
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Songs not adding to liked from radio or the playlist I have selected

I have noticed recently that occasionally Spotify isn't adding songs to playlists from Radio.I was so disappointed when this happened last night, because I heard a song by chance that I absolutely loved, did the above things and now I can't find it o...

• Casual Listener
  • I have noticed recently that occasionally Spotify isn't adding songs to playlists from Radio. I was so disappointed when this happened last night, because I heard a song by chance that I absolutely ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Green Circle of Death

PlanPremiumCountry Device(Samsung Galaxy s9+)Operating System( Android Oreo) My Question or Issue Green Circle of Death constantly showing up. Clean installs, cache clear nothing works. When you try to access song, album, podcast, search. Even downlo...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device (Samsung Galaxy s9+) Operating System ( Android Oreo)   My Question or Issue   Green Circle of Death constantly showing up. Clean ...
  • jjwren
  • Music Fan
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android 10] Hey Google, I like this song

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceOnePlus 6Operating SystemAndroid 10 - unRooted My Question or IssueSince updating to Android 10, the Google Assistant command "Hey Google, I like this song" or "Hey Google, thumbs up this song" are no longer working.On ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium Device OnePlus 6 Operating System Android 10 - unRooted   My Question or Issue Since updating to Android 10, the Google Assistant command "Hey Google, I li...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No internet connection ?? What about my cell phone provider?

Hi, I have a paid subscription with Spotify. My phone, a Samsung Note 10 Plus - Android 9, One UI 1.5, Spotify Version 8.5.32.889The ongoing issue I have is seeing 'there is no internet connection' when using the Spotify app on my phone especially wh...

• Regular
  • Hi, I have a paid subscription with Spotify.  My phone, a Samsung Note 10 Plus - Android 9, One UI 1.5, Spotify Version 8.5.32.889 The ongoing issue I have is seeing 'there is no internet con...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

BUG: Need to start android app twice for premium stuff to work.

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid-version: 9Grundversion:4.9.59-16947752 My Question or IssueThe first time I open Spotify it does not recognize that my account have premium. GIVENI have a premium account. I turn o...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android-version: 9 Grundversion: 4.9.59-16947752     My Question or Issue The first time I open Spotify it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Premium
    Restart needed
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete

Delete

• Casual Listener
  • Delete
  • florispols
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

My saved music always gone and need redownload

Everytime i saved my music on my storage, it's only there for a week and i need to redownload the music again.But it can last more if i changes my storage to save the music to internal. And I always need to redownload, it's annoying..I used premium a...

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime i saved my music on my storage, it's only there for a week and i need to redownload the music again. But it can last more if i changes my storage to save the music to internal. And I alway...
  • conniezz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify doesnt connect to Alexa.

I am using latest android os with 3rd generation Alexa (it also doesnt connect to my older Alexa or Dot). It just hangs on the connecting status. Occasionally it will connect but the tracks wont play. This is a recent thing as it used to work fine. P...

• Regular
  • I am using latest android os with 3rd generation Alexa (it also doesnt connect to my older Alexa or Dot). It just hangs on the connecting status. Occasionally it will connect but the tracks wont play...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes