Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Casual Listener
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify opens when any media action is done

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevice(Samsung Galaxy note Operating System(Android version 9) Spotify opens when and starts playing when ever i press the play button on either / My Samsung galaxy buds / the bixby button that is remapped with bxactions to...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device (Samsung Galaxy note 😎 Operating System (Android version 9)   Spotify opens when and starts playing when ever i press the play button on either / ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist order when adding new tracks to that list

I have my lists sorted in a certain order on my android/Desktop. But I noticed that I'm on my android, and I'm listening to a song I like, when I try to add that song to a playlist (of which I have many) the order of all of the playlists is completel...

• Roadie
  • I have my lists sorted in a certain order on my android/Desktop. But I noticed that I'm on my android, and I'm listening to a song I like, when I try to add that song to a playlist (of which I have m...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • list
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops until I reset my wifi

When a song that I was listening to ends the next one doesn't always load, I skip a few and one of them works for like 5 seconds then doesn't load anymore. Until I either wait 5 ish minutes or reset my wifi but then again it tends to do this again la...

• Visitor
  • When a song that I was listening to ends the next one doesn't always load, I skip a few and one of them works for like 5 seconds then doesn't load anymore. Until I either wait 5 ish minutes or reset ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Samsung
    Stopped playing
    wifi
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Huawei Mate 20 Lite Spotify Widget Android

Keine Antwort auf mein Problem gefunden.PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHuawei Mate 20 LiteOperating System Android 9.1 My Question or IssueIch kann das Spotify Widget auf meinen Startbildschirm nicht mehr ziehen da es anscheinend nicht mehr existiert...

• Casual Listener
  • Keine Antwort auf mein Problem gefunden. Plan Premium Country Germany Device Huawei Mate 20 Lite Operating System  Android 9.1   My Question or Issue Ich kann das Spotify Widget ...
  • duffy_01
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Pro speaker is not showing in connectable devices

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenOneplus 7 pro, LG gpadOperating System(Android Oreo, Android Kitkat) My Question or IssueAudio Pro C10 speaker with Spotify Connect is not in the list of connectable devices. I have an Audio pro C10 with Spotify Connect. Somet...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Oneplus 7 pro, LG gpad Operating System (Android Oreo, Android Kitkat)   My Question or Issue Audio Pro C10 speaker with Spotify Connect is not in the l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

older spotify version

hello and thanks for reading,after i updated the spotify app on my android phone to the latest version by mistake (no helpful patchnotes were visible, as usual with spotify) i would like to know how to download a different version of the app, special...

• Music Fan
  • hello and thanks for reading, after i updated the spotify app on my android phone to the latest version by mistake (no helpful patchnotes were visible, as usual with spotify) i would like to know ho...
  • Dragoshade
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify plays random music playlists I've never subscribed too before

It's driving me bonkers now. It's been on and off for over a year on 2 different phones. All bar 2 or 3 of the recently played and heavy rotation are artists and playlists I've never listened too or never clicked play on. Often whilst playing my own ...

• It's driving me bonkers now. It's been on and off for over a year on 2 different phones.   All bar 2 or 3 of the recently played and heavy rotation are artists and playlists I've never listene...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist

Idk if it's all my playlists but my one playlist that I listen to the most has gone a bit wack. I've checked my queue but there's nothing. My playlist won't play in its order

• Casual Listener
  • Idk if it's all my playlists but my one playlist that I listen to the most has gone a bit wack. I've checked my queue but there's nothing. My playlist won't play in its order
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played Mobile

PlanFreeCountryUsaDeviceNote 8Operating System Android Oreo My Question or IssueHey, I don't have access to a computer, and I want to see my recently played (songs, not playlists). Where can I do that? I tried loading the web player and switching to ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Usa Device Note 8 Operating System  Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Hey, I don't have access to a computer, and I want to see my recently played (songs, not ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I downgrade the Spotify app?

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceXiaomi MI A1Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueHow do I downgrade the Spotify app? I'd like to have the widget app.Also, will downgrading delete my downloaded songs? I have about 3 gb worth of music and I'd...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device Xiaomi MI A1 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue How do I downgrade the Spotify app? I'd like to have the widget app. Also, will do...
  • FastMhz
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Troubleshooting
    Widget
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Shuffle Specific Artist in User Playlist

There used to be a feature on Spotify that allowed the user to type in a certain artist on their playlist and hit "Shuffle" and it would only play songs by that artist that are on the playlist. Now when I do it, it will just play everything in the pl...

• There used to be a feature on Spotify that allowed the user to type in a certain artist on their playlist and hit "Shuffle" and it would only play songs by that artist that are on the playlist. Now w...
  • esoph
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify updates causing Pioneer headunit to not track songs forward or back

I'm currently using version 8.4.77.779 because it allows my One Plus 6T connecting via bluetooth to the Pioneer headunit. With this version, I am able to track songs forward and back with ease. However, when I update to the latest spotify app, I'm on...

• Regular
  • I'm currently using version 8.4.77.779 because it allows my One Plus 6T connecting via bluetooth to the Pioneer headunit. With this version, I am able to track songs forward and back with ease. Howev...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay is still going even with it disabled

PlanFreeCountryUSA DeviceSamsung J7 CrownOperating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or IssueI got this phone recently and now even when I disable Autoplay on it suggested songs still show up. I did not have this problem on my old phone, whats going on...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country USA   Device Samsung J7 Crown Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue I got this phone recently and now even when I disable Autoplay on it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved

• Visitor
  •    
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song stops after a few seconds

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceMotorola Moto XOperating SystemAndroid 6.0 MarshmallowMy Question or IssueHi,When I start a playlist my phone can usually play about three songs and then it stops between 7-12 seconds into the song. I've tried restarting...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Motorola Moto X Operating System Android 6.0 Marshmallow My Question or Issue Hi, When I start a playlist my phone can usually play about three songs and ...
  • yoghurt1
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Car view

Hey !I am a premuim member with galaxy s8 -pie 9.0My spotify app is up to date All my friends with galaxy got the option for car view and i didnt.I be glad for help with that..

• Regular
  • Hey ! I am a premuim member with galaxy s8 -pie 9.0 My spotify app is up to date  All my friends with galaxy got the option for car view and i didnt. I be glad for help with that..
  • ardacebi
  • Composer
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

App crashes and Battery Issues.

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy 9+Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueI have been having many issues with the Spotify app. It has been crashing a lot and has been having a massive battery drain since the update. It also seems to be ...

•   Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy 9+ Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue I have been having many issues with the Spotify app. It has been cra...
  • sycrjohnny
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

How to get rid of customers (lesson 1)

1 - Increase the price to resllers (Vodafone) by 40% - DONE2 - Remove landscape so you cant use a tablet as media player - DONE3 - Remove Widget so app is less convienent - DONE4 - For anyone still left on spotify stop their complaints in forum by cl...

• Regular
  •   1 - Increase the price to resllers (Vodafone) by 40% - DONE 2 - Remove landscape so you cant use a tablet as media player - DONE 3 - Remove Widget so app is less convienent - DONE 4 - For ...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Lost connection when switch to roaming

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueWhen crossing a country border while streaming and roaming kicks in, Spotify stops streaming due to 'no internet connection'. In most EU countries roami...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue When crossing a country border while streaming and roaming kicks in, Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Everytime I turn my screen on the song pauses.

Plan:PremiumCountry: USADevice: Google Pixel 2 XLOperating System: Android 9 My Question or Issue: It has been doing this for the past two weeks. I play a song and if I turn the screen on it'll pause. I've tried reinstalling and battery optimization,...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan:Premium Country: USA Device: Google Pixel 2 XL Operating System: Android 9   My Question or Issue: It has been doing this for the past two weeks. I play a song and if I turn the screen...
  • stu55y
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes