Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

File d'attente disparues

Plus moyen de voir la file d'attente sur Android. 

• Plus moyen de voir la file d'attente sur Android.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I cant log in !!!!

I have an log in error! when i get logged in it goes right to the first logging in page and it keep repeats so i cannot listen to music help

• I have an log in error! when i get logged in it goes right to the first logging in page and it keep repeats so i cannot listen to music 😞 help
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums with a "\" character display incorrectly in search results

This is a bug report On my LG G5 (H860) running Android 7.0 on Spotify version 8.4.19.792 armv7If I search for "Starrah Rush" the first song result is on the album "¯\_(ツ)_ / ¯"Unfortunately his left arm is missing and it's displayed as "¯_(ツ)_ / ¯"....

• Casual Listener
  • This is a bug report   On my LG G5 (H860) running Android 7.0 on Spotify version 8.4.19.792 armv7 If I search for "Starrah Rush" the first song result is on the album "¯\_(ツ)_ / ¯" Unfortuna...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New phone

I purchased a new phone yesterday and I lost all my music. Is there a way to get my music back?

•  I purchased a new phone yesterday and I lost all my music.  Is there a way to get my music back?
  • zam_
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on my phone changes song to whatever song I last listened to from Spotify on my laptop

Is there any way to turn off Spotify Connect? That is, I'd rather the song on my phone not automatically change to what I was listening to on my computer. I tend to have very different musical moods when I'm on my laptop vs. my car, so it's kinda ann...

• Is there any way to turn off Spotify Connect? That is, I'd rather the song on my phone not automatically change to what I was listening to on my computer. I tend to have very different musical moods ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help

Nevermind Problem solved

• Nevermind Problem solved
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

DTS Play-Fi

Cannot get Spotify to recognize DTS Play Fi (Arcam rPlay) on devices available. Will recognize Amazan Echo and Dot and Chromecast / Chromecast Audio. Am I missing anything? I have tried all the recommendations.

• Casual Listener
  • Cannot get Spotify to recognize DTS Play Fi (Arcam rPlay) on devices available. Will recognize Amazan Echo and Dot and Chromecast / Chromecast Audio. Am I missing anything? I have tried all the recom...
  • sjbutler23
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto audio cutting out with Spotify

I currently have a 2016 Ford Escape Titanium with a Google Pixel XL (Android 8.0.0) and all associated apps are fully up to date. Lately, I notice that my music will randomly skip. For about 1-2 seconds the song will continue on the screen but I don'...

• I currently have a 2016 Ford Escape Titanium with a Google Pixel XL (Android 8.0.0) and all associated apps are fully up to date. Lately, I notice that my music will randomly skip. For about 1-2 seco...
  • Avenred
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play offline

I am a premium (family) user and since the last application update I can't play my songs offline.

• I am a premium (family) user and since the last application update I can't play my songs offline. 
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Notifications

I haven't been getting any notifications for when an artist I follow creates a new playlist. I also don't know how to view notifications from pop ups for new albums that I've previously dismissed because I didn't want to listen to it at that moment.

• Casual Listener
  • I haven't been getting any notifications for when an artist I follow creates a new playlist. I also don't know how to view notifications from pop ups for new albums that I've previously dismissed bec...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect doesnt work anymore

Dear community,I really need your help.I used to have an iPhone 5 and connected it to a marantz SR 6007.Spotify connect worked perfectly fine.Now I got a Samsung galaxy s8.I just can't get it to work with the marantz receiver.I have the newest firmwa...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear community, I really need your help.I used to have an iPhone 5 and connected it to a marantz SR 6007.Spotify connect worked perfectly fine.Now I got a Samsung galaxy s8.I just can't get it to wo...
  • maartenspot
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cache problems

Hi everyone,The last spotify's update have deleted all my cache.Can I solve this problem? How?

• Hi everyone, The last spotify's update have deleted all my cache. Can I solve this problem? How?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing volume of spotify over samsung multiroom

Hi, I have just started playing spotify over wifi to my soundbar k650, but when i change the volume with the phone inside spotify, the volume on the sounbar changes 6 steps at once. I just want it to change one step, cause now it gets too loud or too...

• Hi,   I have just started playing spotify over wifi to my soundbar k650, but when i change the volume with the phone inside spotify, the volume on the sounbar changes 6 steps at once. I just w...
  • Lufe
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • k650
    samsung multiroom
    Spotify
    volume
    wifi playback
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Songs being stored to both internal and external memory

Hello hello, My problem is this: I've selected my storage as being only my external sd card, yet when I download any album it saves both to my internal and external memory, taking up the same amount of space on both, so once I download my music libra...

• Hello hello,    My problem is this: I've selected my storage as being only my external sd card, yet when I download any album it saves both to my internal and external memory, taking up t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to disable spotify mobile app!? It is completely monopolizing my bluetooth!

Spotify is causing my device to never sleep (Spotify at 98% awake time even when I force quit!) and with latest update ruins my car connection functionality! Any time I make or receive a phone call, Connect to phone to the car, mute or unmute the rad...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify is causing my device to never sleep (Spotify at 98% awake time even when I force quit!) and with latest update ruins my car connection functionality! Any time I make or receive a phone call, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Conexión offline problema.

Por error cerré sesión en Spotify en la aplicación, pero ahora que trato de iniciar sesión me aparece un mensaje en la pantalla que dice:"Tu conexión esta establecida en Modo Offline, conectate a Internet para poder conectarte a spotify" Ya intente c...

• Por error cerré sesión en Spotify en la aplicación, pero ahora que trato de iniciar sesión me aparece un mensaje en la pantalla que dice: "Tu conexión esta establecida en Modo Offline, conectate a I...
  • Vgsantosvg
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes

Huge data usage spike.

Over the course of a day and a half, I only used spotify to stream downloaded songs. Download over LTE is disabled. However, spotify in a very short timespan used up all of my data plan. Anybody ever encountered this? I use a LG G5 on the latest upda...

• Not applicable
  • Over the course of a day and a half, I only used spotify to stream downloaded songs. Download over LTE is disabled. However, spotify in a very short timespan used up all of my data plan. Anybody ever...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium Family

need help I try to join Spotify premium family but that website says sry that is not correct.it was all correct

• need help I try to join Spotify premium family but that website says sry that is not correct.it was all correct  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle on Chromecast

Hi, I know this has been asked many times before, but Spotify seemingly refuses to fix the problem.When shuffling to my Chromecast, only the about 50-100 last songs of my library shuffle. Songs I added earlier won't get played. This is absolute **ble...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   I know this has been asked many times before, but Spotify seemingly refuses to fix the problem. When shuffling to my Chromecast, only the about 50-100 last songs of my library shuffle. ...
  • StephenWA
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Setting back to online

I set my spotify to offline and I had to reset my password. I've tried to log in but won't let me connect. Any suggestions?

• I set my spotify to offline and I had to reset my password. I've tried to log in but won't let me connect. Any suggestions?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes