Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Carter158
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Upload local files to Spotify?

I can do this on desktop and on iOS devices but can't find an option on the Android app. I'm on the latest version (8.4.11.1283) so am I missing something or is this not implemented in the Android version yet?

• Gig Goer
  • I can do this on desktop and on iOS devices but can't find an option on the Android app. I'm on the latest version (8.4.11.1283) so am I missing something or is this not implemented in the Android ve...
  • clicheusername
  • Gig Goer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Importierte Musik

Hallo, ich hab ein Problem mit meiner importierten Musik als ich sie von meinem Handy gelöscht habe wurde sie grau in Spotify hinterlegt und jetzt kann ich sie dort aber auch nicht mehr entfernen. Beispiel wie das bei mir aussieht ist im Anhang.Danke...

• Hallo, ich hab ein Problem mit meiner importierten Musik als ich sie von meinem Handy gelöscht habe wurde sie grau in Spotify hinterlegt und jetzt kann ich sie dort aber auch nicht mehr entfernen. Be...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Importar música local

Cómo puedo borrar la música importada del dispositivo móvil a Spotify? La app no me da la opción, ya borre el cache, desinstale y volví a instalar la app pero no sé borra esa información.

• Cómo puedo borrar la música importada del dispositivo móvil a Spotify? La app no me da la opción, ya borre el cache, desinstale y volví a instalar la app pero no sé borra esa información.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tengo premium familiar y no puedo usar las funciones.

Hola, tengo premium familiar y no puedo utilizar el modo aleatorio, adelantar o retroceder la cancion y cuando quiero cambiarla me dice que me suscriba a premium. Ya he constatado si soy premium y me dice que si, y también he revisado mi factura. El ...

• Hola, tengo premium familiar y no puedo utilizar el modo aleatorio, adelantar o retroceder la cancion y cuando quiero cambiarla me dice que me suscriba a premium. Ya he constatado si soy premium y me...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bugs?

I got logged out while I was in offline mode and I tried signing back in but It said I had to turn my profile to online mode. How do I get to online mode of I can't access my account?

• Casual Listener
  • I got logged out while I was in offline mode and I tried signing back in but It said I had to turn my profile to online mode. How do I get to online mode of I can't access my account?
  • K_browitt
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music. Spotify not showing it.

I have a new pixel xl.I connected to wifi and downloaded a ton of music.The app is showing 8gb used in the internal storage.However, the app is not showing anything as downloaded.How do I solve e this apart from uninstalling and starting over?

• Regular
  • I have a new pixel xl. I connected to wifi and downloaded a ton of music. The app is showing 8gb used in the internal storage. However, the app is not showing anything as downloaded. How do I sol...
  • Grifforama
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can Spotify or anyone wipe ALL my playlists back to zero?

HiI have a student Spotify premium acct with several thousand playlists. I want to wipe them and start from scratch but wonder how to as im restricted as follows:1. No pc access (uni machines 3rd party blocked)2. Only use via android mobile and table...

• Regular
  • Hi I have a student Spotify premium acct with several thousand playlists. I want to wipe them and start from scratch but wonder how to as im restricted as follows: 1. No pc access (uni machines 3...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All Library and Playlists Get Deleted

Hello,I was listening my downloaded Playlist on Spotify and suddenly it stopped playing. Then I tried to play it but the app reset and restarted itself. For a while my external SD card seemed as disconnected although it wasn't. After restarting my ph...

• Hello, I was listening my downloaded Playlist on Spotify and suddenly it stopped playing. Then I tried to play it but the app reset and restarted itself. For a while my external SD card seemed as di...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to sign in when in offline mode

I just got logged out from Spotify (on android) probably because of an update.I happened to be in offline mode, though, and now when I try to log in, it tells me I have to go in online mode first, which I can't because I'm not logged in....Anyone kno...

• Casual Listener
  • I just got logged out from Spotify (on android) probably because of an update. I happened to be in offline mode, though, and now when I try to log in, it tells me I have to go in online mode first, ...
  • eddiepadre
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How Do I Kick everyone off my Spotify?!?!

Tthere has been a device goig by the name of 'Joey Alexa' on the spotify for months now and I can't seem to get him off from there! I don't know anyone called Joey nor have I connected my spotify to an alexa. I've changed my password multiple times a...

• Casual Listener
  • Tthere has been a device goig by the name of 'Joey Alexa' on the spotify for months now and I can't seem to get him off from there! I don't know anyone called Joey nor have I connected my spotify to ...
  • Wzurslayer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Eating Through Data

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, and regularly plug in my phone to listen to Spotify while I drive using Android Auto. I've done this for months with zero issue, but last month Spotify went nuts using my data in the background and I had to completely...

• I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, and regularly plug in my phone to listen to Spotify while I drive using Android Auto. I've done this for months with zero issue, but last month Spotify went nuts usin...
  • Gayilluminati
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify taking too much storage

Hello,I don't use Offline mode, yet Spotify is taking more than 2GB of my phone's storage. The memory used is getting bigger the more i use Spotify, yet I am not downloading the songs.How could I change that?

• Hello, I don't use Offline mode, yet Spotify is taking more than 2GB of my phone's storage. The memory used is getting bigger the more i use Spotify, yet I am not downloading the songs.How could I c...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app deleting downloaded songs

Over the past few days, the spotify app has repeately deleted most(about 90-95%) of my downloaded songs, this means that I have to redownload everything, which is alot in my case, and if i dont realize that it has happened at home or work, than I don...

• Over the past few days, the spotify app has repeately deleted most(about 90-95%) of my downloaded songs, this means that I have to redownload everything, which is alot in my case, and if i dont reali...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Wont play on sd card

I have a samsung j3 with newest spotifyI changed my storage option to sd card and download 157 sounds ...took memory card out and into my mp3 player and wont play

• I have a samsung j3 with newest spotify I changed my storage option to sd card and download 157 sounds ...took memory card out and into my mp3 player and wont play
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggested Songs

For the last week or so, I've been inundated with suggested songs whenever I try to play an album or playlist. It doesn't matter how many tracks are available. It's like I clicked on radio instead of an album/playlist. Other than upgrading, is there ...

• Casual Listener
  • For the last week or so, I've been inundated with suggested songs whenever I try to play an album or playlist. It doesn't matter how many tracks are available. It's like I clicked on radio instead of...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify premium doesn't work in my phone

pls help me guys i buy spotify premium today. in my pc it work clearly but in my android phone premium doesn't work

• Casual Listener
  • pls help me guys i buy spotify premium today. in my pc it work clearly but in my android phone premium doesn't work
  • mucahitkara
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Se pausa a los 4 segundos..

Se pausa cuando empieza una canción ya sea que este descargada o no.. Siempre me pasa esto.. Que puede ser? Lo tengo en reproducción aleatoria y de corrido.. Solución por favorrr!!!

• Se pausa cuando empieza una canción ya sea que este descargada o no.. Siempre me pasa esto.. Que puede ser? Lo tengo en reproducción aleatoria y de corrido.. Solución por favorrr!!!
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Song skipping with headphones

So my spotify works on desktop and my bluetooth speaker. Once I attached my headphones to my Samsung, it pauses songs, starts skipping through playlist and the song being played isnt whats displayed on my phone screen. Its driving me insane.

• Not applicable
  • So my spotify works on desktop and my bluetooth speaker. Once I attached my headphones to my Samsung, it pauses songs, starts skipping through playlist and the song being played isnt whats displayed ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify gets paused when I connect a minijack

It does not happen when I connect this jack to the pc neither when I connect the headphones to the phone. What happens?? please help!

• Casual Listener
  • It does not happen when I connect this jack to the pc neither when I connect the headphones to the phone. What happens?? please help!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant use the premium features

Can anyone help me? I have activate my premium account from spotify gift card for three month but i can only download the song but i cant use the other premium features such as unlimited skip song.Is there anyone experienced this before?If there is a...

• Can anyone help me? I have activate my premium account from spotify gift card for three month but i can only download the song but i cant use the other premium features such as unlimited skip song. ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes