Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

I can’t find any songs in Spotify

PlanFreeCountryTaiwanDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueSpotify suddenly can‘t play and all of playlist are empty

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Taiwan Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Spotify suddenly can‘t play and  all of playlist are empty
  • XiaoLuo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I can´t access songs of a list if I not listen to the previous one

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueSpotify doesn´t allow me to listen to the songs I want on a list. I need to listen songs in order to see the next ones ¿wth?Version: 1.1.20.510.g7d28aaaa

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Spotify doesn´t allow me to listen to the songs I want on a list. I need to listen songs in order to see...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • lists
    updates
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify freezing with ADS

Everytime I approach an advertisement (one of the official spotify ones] it doesn't load and then I have to relaunch spotify to listen to my music

• Everytime I approach an advertisement (one of the official spotify ones] it doesn't load and then I have to relaunch spotify to listen to my music
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 13 likes

Superuser Contribution The Never Truly Fixed Spotify Crash Ads

Spotify: Windows 10 64 bit, Free version Spotify crashes and stops working when ads play. This problem has been happening to me for several years, since 2015, and it has finally gotten to the point where I'm willing to make an account on here and com...

• Spotify: Windows 10 64 bit, Free version   Spotify crashes and stops working when ads play. This problem has been happening to me for several years, since 2015, and it has finally gotten to th...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashes when ads are due

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSometimes when an ad is due, Spotify plays nothing, neither the ad nor the next song. It doesn't let me go back to the song but tells me the song will play after the ad...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Germany Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Sometimes when an ad is due, Spotify plays nothing, neither the ad nor the next song. It doe...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Broken Fn+Play/Pause; Back/Skip/Vol works; NO CHROME

Plan PremiumCountry USDevice DesktopOperating System Windows 10My Question or IssueI've had the issue of Chrome & Windows Media hijacking my buttons.This time I can't find the source of my broken button. The Back/Skip & Volume still work properly. I'...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I've had the issue of Chrome & Windows Media hijacking my buttons. This time I ca...
  • Deovera
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Screen flicker

PlanFree/PremiumCountryDenmarkDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy issue is that the screen starts to flicker when i use spotify web browser and/or download spotify onto my computer. I need to use alt + F4 to exit the opened wind...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Denmark Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My issue is that the screen starts to flicker when i use spotify web browser and/or ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

List of long term bugs

Regular Spotify program on Win10, not from the store. These following bugs have been present for months, and some even for years. Some of them have been fixed in the past but have regressed to a bugged state. Clicking on the album cover in the bottom...

• Music Fan
  • Regular Spotify program on Win10, not from the store.   These following bugs have been present for months, and some even for years. Some of them have been fixed in the past but have regressed ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Listen along on discord 45 seconds infront

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia/MelbourneOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen i listen along with my friends on spotify i'm always 45 seconds infront and then once my song ends i have to wait until it finishes on the owners end then once t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia/Melbourne Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When i listen along with my friends on spotify i'm always 45 seconds infront and then once my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

mirc and spotify

Hello, Does anyone know if there is a script I can use to announce what I hear on mIRC?

• Visitor
  • Hello,   Does anyone know if there is a script I can use to announce what I hear on mIRC?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why doesn't Spotify have basic features every other music player has?

Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueYou're kidding me. No global hotkeys? No equalizer? No importing local music into your album library? No skins/customization? I just came from MusicBee which is free and open source and has all these f...

• Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue You're kidding me. No global hotkeys? No equalizer? No importing local music into your album library? No skins/customization? I just came...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[Desktop] it automatically jumps back to Browse

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDeviceolder PCOperating SystemWindows XP My Question or IssueThe problem is that after a while it automatically jumps back to Browse no matter which menu item I clicked.Could it be that Spotify is automatically updated after a c...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country Germany Device older PC Operating System Windows XP   My Question or Issue The problem is that after a while it automatically jumps back to Browse no matter which men...
  • Toterman
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

CPU spike

PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10i5-4690K (not overclocked as now) My Question or IssueIssue: Noticed by accident. CPU usage when idle 0%CPU usage when playing a song: 2-10% CPU usage, when the name of the song is so long, ...

• Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device PC Operating System Windows 10 i5-4690K (not overclocked as now)  My Question or Issue Issue:  Noticed by accident.  CPU usage when i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Fullscreen issue

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceASUS ROG Strix Gaming LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor some reason when I go full screen on spotify, it would look weird. Like the sides would be partially cut off. The software is still fu...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device ASUS ROG Strix Gaming Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue For some reason when I go full screen on spotify, it would loo...
  • Kremen
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify automatically skips songs.

Hi there, PlanPremium The app version of Spotify1.1.20.510.g7d28aaaa CountryThe Netherlands DeviceASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580GD Operating SystemWindows 10 Enterprise Version: 1909 Brief description of the issueSpotify web- and app player skips songs wh...

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi there,   Plan Premium   The app version of Spotify 1.1.20.510.g7d28aaaa   Country The Netherlands   Device ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580GD   Operating Sy...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • app player
    skip songs
    Web Player
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Issues

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo, I've been steadily adding my music to my spotify from my desktop over the past few weeks, and have been having all kinds of trouble with it. First, I have ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So, I've been steadily adding my music to my spotify from my desktop over the past ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot change profile picture

Operating SystemWindows 10 1909 - Build 18363.476Spotify Desktop 1.1.20.510.g7d28aaaa My IssueHi,Despite the content of this article, https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Desktop-Can-t-change-my-profile-picture/idi-p/4832620, I am not able...

• Casual Listener
  • Operating System Windows 10 1909 - Build 18363.476 Spotify Desktop 1.1.20.510.g7d28aaaa   My Issue Hi, Despite the content of this article, https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

FN Key PLAY/PAUSE stop to work

Hello, my PLAY/PAUSE button not work more, (start in the last Spotify update). The next and previously FN buttons work, just PLAY/STOP not working. I try:- Change DISABLE: chrome://flags/#hardware-media-key-handling (not work)- Reinstal Spotify (not ...

• Hello, my PLAY/PAUSE button not work more, (start in the last Spotify update). The next and previously FN buttons work, just PLAY/STOP not working.    I try: - Change DISABLE: chrom...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • fn
    key
    Play
    PLAYBACK QUEUE STOP
    stop
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify does not show artists - only under Windows

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktop computer / Dell laptopOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issue(App/Program-language is German, as seen in the attached picture.)When I click artists ("Künstler") in my librabry I am not shown the artists t...

Spotify.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop computer / Dell laptop Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue (App/Program-language is German, as seen in the attached pi...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to find an artist whose name contains parentheses using search

PlanPremiumCountryLithuaniaDevicePC, smartphoneOperating SystemWindows 10, Android 9 My Question or IssueUnable to find an artist, such as "((( O )))" using the Spotify search function.(Example link to artist's profile https://open.spotify.com/artist...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Lithuania Device PC, smartphone Operating System Windows 10, Android 9   My Question or Issue Unable to find an artist, such as "((( O )))" using the Spotify searc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes