Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ipanasenko
  • 77 replies
  • 27 likes
  • 77 replies
  • 27 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 271 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 271 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Saving albums doesn't save album's songs anymore

Was this just abolished or did they add some sort of settings to turn it on? DeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemWindows 8

• Was this just abolished or did they add some sort of settings to turn it on?   Device iPhone 7 Operating System Windows 8    
  • linalightning
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Casting Issues Android/Windows10/Smartcast

PlanPremium/FamilyCountryUSDevice(Galaxy S10+, Windows 10, Vizio Smartcast)My Question or IssueOk so this issue just started and I cant figure out the resolution.. If I cast Spotify from my phone either it opens the app on my TV but doesn't play any ...

• Plan Premium/Family Country US Device (Galaxy S10+, Windows 10, Vizio Smartcast) My Question or Issue Ok so this issue just started and I cant figure out the resolution..    If I c...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify songs not work

PlanPremium CountryFinlandDevice-Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have desktop Spotify and any song what i click from my music list i got error: "Spotify can't play this right now. If the file is on your computer, you can import it." ...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium  Country Finland Device - Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have desktop Spotify and any song what i click from my music list i got error: "Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

waiting for connection

PremiumWindows 10 trying to find out why my local files still wont sync, i think its because on desktop the playlist dont download just wait for connection. any idea how to fix this would be nice Triedrestarting w/ admin & compatabilitycomplete reins...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Windows 10   trying to find out why my local files still wont sync, i think its because on desktop the playlist dont download just wait for connection. any idea how to fix this would ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists appear empty on desktop app

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States (Michigan)DeviceCustom build pcAMD-fx41006-8gb ram2 (two) 1tb harddrivesOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro Version 1803Spotify was downloaded from the windows store My Question or IssueI did a fresh install of spotify afte...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States (Michigan) Device Custom build pc AMD-fx4100 6-8gb ram 2 (two) 1tb harddrives Operating System Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 Spotify was downloaded from th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

all the playlist is empty

PlanFreeCountryBrazilOperating SystemWindows 8My Question or IssueHello my spotify for windows 8 is not working and i instal e reinstal and nothing happens all my playlist is empty is already do the archive host in sistem32 and nothing too and now wh...

photo_2019-06-28_18-00-10.jpg
  • Plan Free Country Brazil Operating System Windows 8 My Question or Issue Hello my spotify for windows 8 is not working and i instal e reinstal and nothing happens all my playlist is empty is a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play to multiple devices from windows

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePCOperating SystemW10 My Question or IssueI have a windows 10 PC with good speakers and a sonos system throughout the house. Is there a way to play from my PC and Sonos speakers at the same time when using the Spotify deskto...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device PC Operating System W10   My Question or Issue I have a windows 10 PC with good speakers and a sonos system throughout the house. Is there a way to play ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Seeing link previews on facebook desktop

So I am a free occasional premium user for the past 2 years and i notice when on desktop (windows 10) and there is a facebook thread for playlist suggestions, my friends and I post spotify links but just the link is in the comments. There is no thumb...

• So I am a free occasional premium user for the past 2 years and i notice when on desktop (windows 10) and there is a facebook thread for playlist suggestions, my friends and I post spotify links but ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify connect bugged

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDevicePC, Xiaomi Redmi 4xOperating SystemWindows 10, Android Nougat My Question or Issuei cant use spotify connect its always stuck on 1 song idk why.ive uninstalled and reinstalled spotify few times, logged out my account ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device PC, Xiaomi Redmi 4x Operating System Windows 10, Android Nougat   My Question or Issue i cant use spotify connect its always stuck on 1 song idk w...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Randomly adding songs from one playlist to another

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceGoogle PixelOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo I have multiple playlists for different genres and lately I have noticed that songs from one playlist (rock) are seemingly at random being added to my other play...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Google Pixel Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So I have multiple playlists for different genres and lately I have noticed that songs f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play any of my songs.

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDell LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm getting an error with any of the songs on my list that I try to play. It says "Can't play the current song." I've tried multiple songs, multiple playli...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device Dell Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm getting an error with any of the songs on my list that I try to pla...
  • lstover214
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are skipped without doing anything

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceWindows 10 Desktop My Question isRecently, spotify skips songs without doing anything. It happens every 2 to 5 seconds and the songs are not even played. On my phone Spotify works without problems. I tried reinstalling...

• Plan Premium Country Germany   Device Windows 10 Desktop   My Question is Recently, spotify skips songs without doing anything. It happens every 2 to 5 seconds and the songs are no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Saving album is not saving all songs

Previously (maybe before the latest update and the change in how the app presents playlists and "liked songs"?), when you saved an album, all of the songs were also saved into your library. Today, saving an album only stuck the album into the "albums...

• Regular
  • Previously (maybe before the latest update and the change in how the app presents playlists and "liked songs"?), when you saved an album, all of the songs were also saved into your library. Today, sa...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Undo blocked artist

PlanPremiumCountryBrazil My Question or IssueI have accidentaly blocked an artist on my phone (the phone was unlocked and I touched it accidentaly), and now I don't know which one it was, and there's no UI to see blocked artists. There was an UNDO po...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil   My Question or Issue I have accidentaly blocked an artist on my phone (the phone was unlocked and I touched it accidentaly), and now I don't know which one it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Nuclear blast unavailable

Why is this music no longer available, is there any plans for re aquiring it? PlanPremiumCountryNorway DevicePC / IphoneOperating SystemWindows10, IOS My Question or IssueWhy is Nuclear blast music such as Dismember (Indecent and obscene album specif...

• Casual Listener
  • Why is this music no longer available, is there any plans for re aquiring it?   Plan Premium Country Norway  Device PC / Iphone Operating System Windows10, IOS   My Question...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends disappeared, being forced to sign into facebook for social

My friend's list isn't showing anyone, but I can still see the people I am following in settings. In order to "find friends" I must sign into facebook which I don't want.

• Visitor
  • My friend's list isn't showing anyone, but I can still see the people I am following in settings. In order to "find friends" I must sign into facebook which I don't want.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Friends
    Social
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyway to turn off recommended albums

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceCustom built PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAnyway to turn off the recomended albums section so that singular saved songs will appear along with saved albums in the albums section?

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Custom built PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Anyway to turn off the recomended albums section so that singular saved son...
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes

Solved!! Does saving an album not go towards the 10,000 library limit with new update?

PlanPremiumCountryusaI listen to music by the album, before this update I had hit the library limit and decided that a good way to keep albums in my library would be to save a single song from them so they appeared in the album section. After this up...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country usa I listen to music by the album, before this update I had hit the library limit and decided that a good way to keep albums in my library would be to save a single ...
  • mugg
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktop and Iphone 8Operating SystemIOS 12.1.2Windows 10 My Question or IssueThis problem started happening today and this only pops up for one "song" so far. Trying to listen to Dan Carlin's "Hardcore History" bu...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop and Iphone 8 Operating System IOS 12.1.2 Windows 10   My Question or Issue This problem started happening today and this only pops up...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error al reproducir cierta cancion.

Tengo Spotify en mi pc con windows 10 y en mi telefono samsung a9 y desde la PC me da este error con una cancion y desde el movil no me reproduce dicha cancion, Ya revise la configuracion y no encuentro una posible solucion. "No es posible reproducir...

• Tengo Spotify en mi pc con windows 10 y en mi telefono samsung a9 y desde la PC me da este error con una cancion y desde el movil no me reproduce dicha cancion, Ya revise la configuracion y no encuen...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes