Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Can't play current song error

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceHP laptopOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueI have tried numerous times to fix the "can't play current song error" to no avail. I have followed all the other suggestions even though they say this issue is "solv...

• Plan Premium Country  Canada Device HP laptop Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue I have tried numerous times to fix the "can't play current song error" to no avail. I...
  • GenCastle
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

cannot download old playlist get to 95% finshed then waiting

device windows 10 wont download od playlist gets to 95% done and says waiting all the time!. turned off anti virus ect. tried hot spot on phone for downloading. tried changing playlist location. but it will allow new playlists to be downloaded. help ...

• Casual Listener
  • device windows 10   wont download od playlist gets to 95% done and says waiting all the time!. turned off anti virus ect. tried hot spot on phone for downloading. tried changing playlist locat...
  • Haydengoy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Last played list empty on Windows

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDevice(Huawei P10 Lite, PC)Operating SystemAndroid, Windows 10) My Question or Issue Hey,since some days my "Last played" (or in German "Zuletzt gehört" or "Zuletzt gespielt", differs from OS to Os) list is empty on Spotify ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Germany Device (Huawei P10 Lite, PC) Operating System Android, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue  Hey, since some days my "Last played" (or in German ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Dragging album into folder to create playlist names the playlist by album name, then artist name

PlanPremiumCountry US Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue If I'm viewing an album, and want to save it as a playlist, I know of two quick ways to do so:1. click the little button with three dots next to the "save" button, and select "add ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  US   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  If I'm viewing an album, and want to save it as a playlist, I know of two quick ways to do ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

inconsistency between desktop and mobile app saved songs.

PlanPremiumCountryThe U.S. DevicePhone = Moto Z Force DroidOperating Android Oreo the issue I am having is with the desktop app. I will save a song on my phone and on my personal pc and laptop the song will show up, but not on my schools pc. I'm unsu...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country The U.S.  Device Phone = Moto Z Force Droid Operating Android Oreo   the issue I am having is with the desktop app. I will save a song on my phone and on...
  • PawnChess
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Skipping to unwanted songs

PlanPremiumCountryNorway DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue All of a sudden, whenever I try to play a song, it changes to an unwanted song within seconds. At first it was the same song, after a while it varies - but all of th...

• Plan Premium Country Norway  Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   All of a sudden, whenever I try to play a song, it changes to an unwanted son...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App on my windows isn't playing any songs. It is just skipping through all of them.

CountrySingaporeSubscriptionPremiumDeviceHP SpectreOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Spotify is working on my other systems (i.e. android phone and ipod touch) but when I tried playing on my computer, it skips through the whole list of ...

•     Country Singapore Subscription Premium Device HP Spectre Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Spotify is working on my other systems (i.e. android p...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Local file adds/deletes/changes don't get updated in my Spotify Local Files list any more.

Plan: PremiumCountry: USDevice: Win10 64-bit desktop My Question or Issue:Local file adds/changes don't get updated in my Spotify Local Files list anymore. I have tried adding and removing the source folder, deleting the DAT file, deleting the BNK fi...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Country: US Device: Win10 64-bit desktop   My Question or Issue: Local file adds/changes don't get updated in my Spotify Local Files list anymore. I have tried adding and...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

music won't play at all and my spotify is **bleep** too!

whenever i play something on spotify, the music won't play and a little + sign with no cover appears in the bottom right corner. my only solution is to reinstall spotify but i don't want to do that every single time. also, this happens when an album ...

26b9306242d41febf52b1b5b2a50bcf8.png
  • Regular
  •     whenever i play something on spotify, the music won't play and a little + sign with no cover appears in the bottom right corner. my only solution is to reinstall spotify but i don't w...
  • shimanoz32
  • Regular
  • 15 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution I can only listen to what I have saved to my "Favorite Songs"....

It's been happening since last night. I can only listen to what I have saved to my "Favorite Songs," and when I go to my Artists or Albums, apparently it thinks I have nothing saved at all. What in the world is happening? What can I do so I can liste...

• Regular
  •   It's b een happening since last night.   I can only listen to what I have saved to my "Favorite Songs," and when I go to my Artists or Albums, apparently it thinks I have no...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution VIEW PLAYLIST LENGTH ON COMPUTER WEBSITE

Simple question. Why can't I see the length of my playlist on my computers Spotify website? I can see it on my phone app! Please give me a solution.Thanks

•   Simple question. Why can't I see the length of my playlist on my computers Spotify website? I can see it on my phone app!  Please give me a solution. Thanks
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play most songs

I'm using the desktop app, not the Windows 10 store version. Some songs/albums work as they should when I play them, but most of the time when I try to play a song it won't even begin. The scroll wheel remains at 0 and there isn't even an album cover...

• I'm using the desktop app, not the Windows 10 store version. Some songs/albums work as they should when I play them, but most of the time when I try to play a song it won't even begin. The scroll whe...
  • Spjs95german
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Daft Punk won't play on my PC or Android

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePC, Android Phone My Question or IssueSince getting premium I have been unable to listen to Daft Punk on my PC or Phone. It's the only artist I've found that says 'Spotify can't play this right now" for and it's q...

• Not applicable
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device PC, Android Phone     My Question or Issue Since getting premium I have been unable to listen to Daft Punk on my PC or Phone.&nbsp...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • can't play
    Daft punk
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

The annoying window is back! (BUG?)

The annoying window is back, but its disabled. But it still shows up. This happen after todays update.

• Regular
  •   The annoying window is back, but its disabled. But it still shows up. This happen after todays update.  
  • vx2
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution I CAN ONLY LISTEN SONGS ON MY ALBUMS PLZ HELP

PlanFreeOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI CAN ONLY PLAY SONGS ON MY ALBUMS. WHEN I PLAY SONGS THAT ARE NOT IN MY ALBUM THE NAME OF THE SONG GOES GREEN AND NOTHING HAPPENS. NEVER HAD THIS KIND OF PROBLEM WITH SPOTIFY HOPEFULLY THERE IS ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I CAN ONLY PLAY SONGS ON MY ALBUMS. WHEN I PLAY SONGS THAT ARE NOT IN MY ALBUM THE NAME OF THE SONG GOES GREEN AND NOTHING HAPP...
  • shimanoz32
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't login- firewall

I have been having basically the same problem as this guy: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Suddenly-I-can-t-log-in-to-spotify-because-of-a-quot-firewall/td-p/1141695 No solution is seen there however. Basically I cannot login to spotify ...

• I have been having basically the same problem as this guy:   https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Suddenly-I-can-t-log-in-to-spotify-because-of-a-quot-firewall/td-p/1141695   No...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify starts up with Windows even though I disabled this option???

DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue So from time to time Spotify starts up when I log into my computer, even though I disabled this option in the settings menu. And yes, I quadruple-checked if this option is indeed disabled. Still...

• Casual Listener
  •  Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  So from time to time Spotify starts up when I log into my computer, even though I disabled this option in the setti...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Crossfade on Desktop App & Mobile Devices are not set the same

Crossfade on Mobile Devices can be set by 1 to 12 secondsCrossfade on Desktop App can also be set by 1 to 12 seconds, but runs with miliseconds also. So the crossfade can be anything between 1,0 to 1,999 if it´s set on 1 second, depending on where on...

• Casual Listener
  • Crossfade on Mobile Devices can be set by 1 to 12 seconds Crossfade on Desktop App can also be set by 1 to 12 seconds, but runs with miliseconds also. So the crossfade can be anything between 1,...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Desktop
    Music
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify plays but suddenly sound disapear

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDevice(iPhone 8 plus + Windows 7)Operating System(iOS 12.0.1, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I am listening the music and in middle of the song the sound disapear but it looks like it is still streaming. ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device (iPhone 8 plus  + Windows 7) Operating System (iOS 12.0.1, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I am listening...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[German] Playlist

Hallo zusammen! Gibt es die möglichkeit in der neuen version anzeigen zu lassen, wenn eine Playlist neu Tracks hat? Aktuelle Version: 1.0.92.390.g2ce5ec7d Bei älteren Versionen war das möglich. Danke schon mal Jorog

• Hallo zusammen!   Gibt es die möglichkeit in der neuen version anzeigen zu lassen, wenn eine Playlist neu Tracks hat? Aktuelle Version: 1.0.92.390.g2ce5ec7d   Bei älteren Versionen war ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes