Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! I can't play the song and it is grayed out

Hello everyone,I'm from Turkey. A friend recommended the song for me and I listened it on YouTube. It is amazing so I tried to find on Spotify. But I couldn't find the same YouTube version of it. I searched on Google and found it, tried to play it. N...

• Hello everyone, I'm from Turkey. A friend recommended the song for me and I listened it on YouTube. It is amazing so I tried to find on Spotify. But I couldn't find the same YouTube version of it. I...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops after 8 secons

Hi I re-launched my desktop player after the notification bar said there was an update and it only plays music for 8 secons and then stops. I press play and it continues but then stops again afer 8 secons. I've restarted my PC and it's still doing it...

• Visitor
  • Hi I re-launched my desktop player after the notification bar said there was an update and it only plays music for 8 secons and then stops.  I press play and it continues but then stops again ...
  • BartdeVries
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Recover Accidentally Deleted Playlist

I accidentally deleted my playlist "Playlist 1". Is there any way to get it back? Thank you! Joao Rocha

• Casual Listener
  • I accidentally deleted my playlist "Playlist 1". Is there any way to get it back? Thank you! Joao Rocha
  • Mikalito_a
  • 37 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 37 replies
  • 6 likes

I cannot play a SINGLE song on Spotify PC and I've tried everything.

Every time I try to play a song i just get "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it. I've deleted localfiles.bnk, and it still didn't work. I've reinstalled Spotify 3 times, and it still hasn't worked. I've...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I try to play a song i just get "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.   I've deleted localfiles.bnk, and it still didn't work. I've r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Not Playing certain songs.

Hey, So I know that there are song that lisences will change and mean that potentially i cannot play them, but i seem to be having a different problem. There seems to be a large amount of songs that are not appearing greyed out on my spotify but when...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   So I know that there are song that lisences will change and mean that potentially i cannot play them, but i seem to be having a different problem.   There seems to be a large amo...
  • otirbnaej
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

I can't listen to Kasabian songs on my PC

Good morning,I have a problem on listening to Kasabian songs on Spotify on my PC.I can listen to all artists without problems, but when I click to a Kasabian song it appears a message that say it's not available.I tried to listen to them on the artis...

• Good morning, I have a problem on listening to Kasabian songs on Spotify on my PC. I can listen to all artists without problems, but when I click to a Kasabian song it appears a message that say it...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio bug: plays totally unrelated artists

So, this started happening a few days ago. I have a radio that played ambient and now it mixes the songs with jazz, indian hip hop, southern music, etc. This is happening in all my radios and all my devices.It's similar to what happened a year ago.

• Casual Listener
  • So, this started happening a few days ago. I have a radio that played ambient and now it mixes the songs with jazz, indian hip hop, southern music, etc. This is happening in all my radios and all my ...
  • canokarako
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify storing media keys

Whenever I trigger the media key for 'next track' on my machine, Spotify just goes skip crazy. It typiclly skips 7 songs, but can and does skip more. Using the built-in 'next track' button works normally. Version: 1.0.65.320.gac7a8e02 edit: I've trie...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I trigger the media key for 'next track' on my machine, Spotify just goes skip crazy. It typiclly skips 7 songs, but can and does skip more.   Using the built-in 'next track' button w...
  • DJTon3
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Player won't work on any browser

Hello all, Spotify Player stopped working for me on all browsers: Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, etc. I tried cleaning out the cache / cookies and restarting my computer, but none of these seem to work. I generally use only my laptop, though I thin...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all,   Spotify Player stopped working for me on all browsers: Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, etc. I tried cleaning out the cache / cookies and restarting my computer, but none of these...
  • chiufucius
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't resume playing music after reconnecting Bluetooth Headphones - Windows 7

I use bluetooth headphones with my Windows 7 Dell Laptop. If I turn my headphones off while Spotify is playing music, Spotify is unable to recommence playing music when I reconnect the headphones. I have to restart Spotify before I can get it to play...

• Regular
  • I use bluetooth headphones with my Windows 7 Dell Laptop.   If I turn my headphones off while Spotify is playing music, Spotify is unable to recommence playing music when I reconnect the hea...
  • Smaktat
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! Translation [PL] Incorrect translation

Hi, I think there is a issue with polish translation on someone profile tab. Actually there is "Obserwujesz" but it should "Obserwuje" - look at screen in attachment.

• Hi,  I think there is a issue with polish translation on someone profile tab. Actually there is "Obserwujesz" but it should "Obserwuje" - look at screen in attachment.
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify "discover weekly" playlist doesn't update without closing and reopening spotify.

Playlist doesn't update if I don't restart spotify.Proof of me closing spotify and reopening discover weekly tab. http://recordit.co/paBAWqaur4 This is what i've been doing weeks already. Getting little annoyed to start work week with closing spotify...

• Music Fan
  • Playlist doesn't update if I don't restart spotify. Proof of me closing spotify and reopening discover weekly tab. http://recordit.co/paBAWqaur4   This is what i've been doing weeks already. ...
  • SirScrambly
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Arrêt de spotify quand l'écran se met en veille

Bonsoir, J'ai un ordinateur hybrique Asus T100 et j'utilise Spotify fréquemment et aimerai savoir pourquoi quand l'écran de mon PC se met en veille la musique de Spotify s'arrête... S'il y a une solution pourriez vous me la donner ce n'est pas pratiq...

• Bonsoir,   J'ai un ordinateur hybrique Asus T100 et j'utilise Spotify fréquemment et aimerai savoir pourquoi quand l'écran de mon PC se met en veille la musique de Spotify s'arrête... &nbs...
  • KaméLéo
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Problem with radio update

Since the last update I have the possibility of like or unlike a song before or after it played but I noted that the system is broken, if I dislike a song before being played it return as soon as I switch to the next song in the station, same thing f...

• Visitor
  • Since the last update I have the possibility of like or unlike a song before or after it played but I noted that the system is broken, if I dislike a song before being played it return as soon as I s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgrade without knowing what

Sometimes Spotify wants to upgrade. This is nice, but without any notice what I'm currently upgrading it is really not ethical. Of course first I want to know is what is going to be installed into my PC. Also it is good point to show users what funct...

• Sometimes Spotify wants to upgrade. This is nice, but without any notice what I'm currently upgrading it is really not ethical. Of course first I want to know is what is going to be installed into my...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Application does not open / Aplicativo não abre - Windows 7 -

Estou com um problema chato com o Spotify no Windows 7O programa simplesmente não abre Monitorando pelo Gerenciador de tarefas, da pra ver que o processo .exe aparece na lista por alguns segundos e é finalizado Ja baixei novamente o programa e reinst...

• Estou com um problema chato com o Spotify no Windows 7 O programa simplesmente não abre  Monitorando pelo Gerenciador de tarefas, da pra ver que o processo .exe aparece na lista por alguns seg...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

ADDING LOCAL FILES TO DESKTOP / NOT SHOWING ON MOBILE

I've had Spotify for 3-4 years now and to this day i still cannot figure out how to add my local files (files i own) to playlists and then access them on my mobile device. Does anyone know how to sync them to my phone? Also, why can't i edit file inf...

• I've had Spotify for 3-4 years now and to this day i still cannot figure out how to add my local files (files i own) to playlists and then access them on my mobile device. Does anyone know how to syn...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

This song is not availale

It worked fine yesterday. Today no songs are "available". I did uninstall and reinstall, but no change.

• It worked fine yesterday.  Today no songs are "available".  I did uninstall and reinstall, but no change. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify ne se lance pas

spotify se lancait parfaitement jusqu'a jour ou il na plus voulus s'ouvrir mais pourtant il apparait dans le gestionnaire des tache j'ai déjà essayer de le réeinstaller plusieur fois je suis sur windows 10

• spotify se lancait parfaitement jusqu'a jour ou il na plus voulus s'ouvrir mais pourtant il apparait dans le gestionnaire des tache j'ai déjà essayer de le réeinstaller plusieur fois je suis sur wind...
  • Spielhur012
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play a playlist on any PC but can on my Android phone

Hey Community I have a problem with one of my playlists that i follow which is created by Spotify Denmark called "Ha' en god dag". I have followed and played this list for a long time, but it stopped working on PC. When i click on it, nothing happens...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Community   I have a problem with one of my playlists that i follow which is created by Spotify Denmark called "Ha' en god dag". I have followed and played this list for a long time, but i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes