Free/Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

Pixel 3 XL

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I have been trying to subscribe to Spotify premium, and everytime I enter my debit card for payment details, I always get an error "Payment failed". However, I contacted my card issuer and they have not received any transaction request from spotify and my debit card works everywhere that I have tried, except Spotify.. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again, @JethroNg and @alaGargoyle 

I'm searching for another solutions with Mods, but if you want, you can contact the Customer Support team. Just go on there and answer the questions that best explain your issue and then tap "I still need help". Fill the form and then you'll need to wait for a reply on your inbox. Someone will answer you within 24-48 hours. If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter or message Spotify Cares on Facebook.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

The exact same thing happened to me just now. My card expired and apon replacement I went though all the sites that needed my card updated, and everyone of the sites accepted my new info, all except Spotify. "Payment failed. Try again, or use a different payment method." is the error I get everytime I try updating. I've checked that my info is correct and that I have money in my account aswell. I've tried changing my payment method to PayPal, but there is no PayPal option. One of the recommendations, by troubleshooting, is to unsubscribe to premium and resubscribe. After unsubscribing the same error pops up every time I try entering my card info on the new subscription.

Hey, @JethroNg and @alaGargoyle 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

First of all, I know it's sounds simple and overlooked, but could you try again using another device or in different browsers with incognito mode? If the issue persists, let me know and we'll search for other possible solutions. And for addiction, take a look at this article and follow these tips:

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hi, @hezorg

Thanks for the reply.

I've just downloaded other browsers and tried on them, in private/incognito mode aswell, but nothing came of it. I did the same thing on my phone, still nothing changed.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks for the suggestions, but I have tried every way possible before resorting to posting to this forum. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera, Safari, all on web and mobile, incognito and non-incognito. And it's fustrating that Spotify does not have any official support, considering my bank has said no transaction request was made by Spotify to my card when I tried purchasing premium.

Marked as solution

Hey again, @JethroNg and @alaGargoyle 

I'm searching for another solutions with Mods, but if you want, you can contact the Customer Support team. Just go on there and answer the questions that best explain your issue and then tap "I still need help". Fill the form and then you'll need to wait for a reply on your inbox. Someone will answer you within 24-48 hours. If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter or message Spotify Cares on Facebook.

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

https://support.spotify.com/in-en/article/failed-payment/

Check if ur bank allows recurring payment frm here

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Apparently their payment team will email me at some point. Like that's real helpful. Did anyone get back to you? 

I’m currently experiencing this problem and  have lost my premium account. Have contacted support a few times but no joy. I guess they just don’t want my monthly payments. So frustrating… 

Did anyone resolve the problem? I have the exact same problem right now. I tried all the solution that was suggested on the page using different cards, browsers and devices etc.. It's so frustrating and I might need to use youtube music now 😞

Hey, @Dana89 
Welcome to the Spotify Community, and thanks for reaching out to us!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. If you already tried all the suggested options, but haven't found a solution, I recommend that you contact my folks from Customer Support.

They will definitely help you with it and prevent you from missing the best music-streaming service… 😜

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan 🇧🇷🎶

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts