Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 35 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify keeps freezing on apple tv

Spotify app on APPLE TV in US.for the past several weeks, spotify keeps freezing while playing in middle of a playlist. I have to force quit app and reopen it. I have tried restarting apple tv and also uninstalling spotify and reinstalling it. None o...

• Spotify app on APPLE TV in US. for the past several weeks, spotify keeps freezing while playing in middle of a playlist.  I have to force quit app and reopen it.  I have tried restarting a...
  • Susan_GP
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why does spotify use 2 out of the 4 speakers on the ipad

As I said on the title, I noticed that Spotify uses only 2 of the ipad 4 speakers. I’m sure they are fully functional.i do have the premium plan, so is it some settings problem ? my device is an iPad Pro 11 2020 currently on iOS 17

• Casual Listener
  • As I said on the title, I noticed that Spotify uses only 2 of the ipad 4 speakers. I’m sure they are fully functional. i do have the premium plan, so is it some settings problem ?  my device i...
  • Salma_om
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Pop up ads despite notification settings

Despite having adjusted all my notification settings in app to not show recommendations or advertisments i am still getting concert recommendations and music/podcast advertisements. Yes, i have selected the option to “just opt me out” on the pop ups....

• Regular
  • Despite having adjusted all my notification settings in app to not show recommendations or advertisments i am still getting concert recommendations and music/podcast advertisements.  Yes, i hav...
  • Metard79
  • Regular
  • 18 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Canvas not working on iOS 17.4.1, app version 8.9.36.597

Canvas doesn't seem to be working properly since the last update. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, signed in and out multiple times, cleared my cache, changed from cellular to WiFi and vice versa, but the issue still persists. Has anyone els...

• Casual Listener
  • Canvas doesn't seem to be working properly since the last update. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, signed in and out multiple times, cleared my cache, changed from cellular to WiFi and vice ...
  • intoawovenbraid
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution How can I stop getting in-app concert recommendations?

I've attached an example of some Direct marketing sent my way.How can I stop it? PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceIPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 17.1

• Regular
  • I've attached an example of some Direct marketing sent my way. How can I stop it?   Plan Premium Country UK Device IPhone 12 Operating System iOS 17.1      
  • bricostello
  • Gig Goer
  • 179 replies
  • 82 likes
  • 179 replies
  • 82 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Watch Downloads Disappear

I am a Spotify Premium customer. Downloading music to my Apple Watch for offline playback works fine, and playback also works fine. However, on occasion (once or twice per week), the downloaded music will just disappear from my watch, whether I have ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a Spotify Premium customer. Downloading music to my Apple Watch for offline playback works fine, and playback also works fine. However, on occasion (once or twice per week), the downloaded mus...
  • KeithAbb0tt
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution iMessage app not working

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 12 proOperating SystemiOS 14My Question or IssueMy iMessage extension completely stopped working I’ve tried uninstalling it through I messages and it won’t it’ll just hide itself I’ve tried uninstalling the regular a...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 12 pro Operating System iOS 14 My Question or Issue My iMessage extension completely stopped working I’ve tried uninstalling it through I messages and ...
  • carol1987g
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution My volume keeps going up. Uninstall/reinstall doesn’t work.

I pay a lot of money for this app. Please don’t direct me to fifty threads where countless numbers of people are asking the same question. Consumers should not be responsible for figuring out how to fix your service. You should pay qualified technici...

• Casual Listener
  • I pay a lot of money for this app. Please don’t direct me to fifty threads where countless numbers of people are asking the same question. Consumers should not be responsible for figuring out how to ...
  • AlgorithmH8R87
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Some Local files downloading but graying out everytime opening app? IPhone

Every time I open the app it'll start to download only the local files on my downloaded liked songs playlist. At first some songs even work and I can play them just fine only for them to grey out mid listen, yet they'll still be playing unless I clic...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I open the app it'll start to download only the local files on my downloaded liked songs playlist. At first some songs even work and I can play them just fine only for them to grey out mid...
  • rainwa
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS crashing on startup, midway through first song

Currently using iOS v8.9.38.455. The app crashes midway through the first song upon startup. Restarting the app then replays the "crashed" song from the beginning. The behavior occurs maybe 70% of the time, and occurs on my favorite (and largest) pla...

• Casual Listener
  • Currently using iOS v8.9.38.455. The app crashes midway through the first song upon startup. Restarting the app then replays the "crashed" song from the beginning. The behavior occurs maybe 70% of ...
  • bjpcjp
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution What is this feature in playlists and how do I delete it?

I’ve searched for an hour and can’t figure out what this “new and improved” feature is that, as usual, I don’t need or want. Top of the playlist there is a mini cover art that gives me 8 seconds or so of some of the songs in the playlist…. What is th...

black11escape_0-1715178793046.jpeg
  • Regular
  • I’ve searched for an hour and can’t figure out what this “new and improved” feature is that, as usual, I don’t need or want. Top of the playlist there is a mini cover art that gives me 8 seconds or s...
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Watch bug- can’t change saved playlist

Apple Watch Ultra 2 userLatest Spotify version in my iPhone 12 the app worked perfectly until the heart icon changed to the new ticking way as on the computer,web,iPhone. on the watch I trying to saved the song instead playlist to my liked songs and ...

• Roadie
  • Apple Watch Ultra 2 user Latest Spotify version in my iPhone 12    the app worked perfectly until the heart icon changed to the new ticking way as on the computer,web,iPhone.   on...
  • PurpleFan
  • Roadie
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution “Couldn’t open link” message

Getting this error anytime someone shares a song link with me via the iOS messages app. Worked fine yesterday. PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My...

IMG_4314.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Getting this error anytime someone shares a song link with me via the iOS messages app. Worked fine yesterday.  Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Mac...
  • Susan_GP
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify sort your music- Trouble saving tracks to the playlist

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I'm trying to sort a playlist so it gradually gets more energetic, and followed the advised ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   ...
  • ansantos89
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Siri on AppleWatch does not work

PlanPremiumCountryGermany Operating System(newest versions at time of writing for OSes and Spotify App) My Question or IssueSiri on the Apple Watch to play a Song on Spotify no longer works on the watch after the latest OS-Updates (to 17.1.1 and 10.1...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany   Operating System (newest versions at time of writing for OSes and Spotify App)   My Question or Issue Siri on the Apple Watch to play a Song ...
  • mnath999
  • 32 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 32 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution My Apple TV isn't seen from the same Wi-Fi in Spotify Connect

It used to work, and then some weeks ago, it suddenly stopped working.I've tried reinstalling Spotify everywhere, rebooting the apple TV (which is on the latest firmware), the router.From my laptop, I can ping the Apple TV IP, and traceroute says it'...

• Regular
  • It used to work, and then some weeks ago, it suddenly stopped working. I've tried reinstalling Spotify everywhere, rebooting the apple TV (which is on the latest firmware), the router. From my lapt...
  • MihailY
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Save position in different playlists

Hi! Is it possible to save multiple playlist positions? For example: If I listen to a playlist A and switch to a playlist B. Is it possible to save the position within playlist A? Because if I switch back from B to A, I'll always have to search for m...

• Hi!   Is it possible to save multiple playlist positions? For example: If I listen to a playlist A and switch to a playlist B. Is it possible to save the position within playlist A? Because ...
  • okxoliverkoenig
  • 6 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 15 likes

Superuser Contribution Re: Ongoing performance issues on iOS devices

Using a Pioneer DEH-S410BT aftermarket radio with microphone using firmware 8.27 released 17/01/2022 (latest as of 12/02/2024 @ 23:50 GMT) in a Vauxhall/Opel Agila S-AC 2011 (Suzuki K10B engine) with connections supplied by connects2 to iso and steer...

image.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Using a Pioneer DEH-S410BT aftermarket radio with microphone using firmware 8.27 released 17/01/2022 (latest as of 12/02/2024 @ 23:50 GMT) in a Vauxhall/Opel Agila S-AC 2011 (Suzuki K10B engine) with...
  • AlejaR
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS, Preview widget] Songs from the preview widget for the playlist are not in the actual playlist

I’m swiping through a few songs in preview widget for featured playlist at Home screen and like them, so I decide to listen to the whole playlist, and tap “play” right from the widget. Surprisingly, songs that were shown in a widget and sparked my in...

IMG_2347.jpeg IMG_2351.jpeg IMG_2348.jpeg IMG_2355.jpeg
  • Music Fan
  • I’m swiping through a few songs in preview widget for featured playlist at Home screen and like them, so I decide to listen to the whole playlist, and tap “play” right from the widget.   Surpr...
  • AlejaR
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes