Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Thumbs up/down connected to Soundtouch

The thumbs up/down buttons are grayed out and inaccessible once I connect to my Bose Soundtouch. Why? Its a pain in the ass.

• The thumbs up/down buttons are grayed out and inaccessible once I connect to my Bose Soundtouch.  Why?  Its a pain in the ass.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My iPhone Won't Connect To My Mac Spotify

I've followed so many community instructions but no matter what I do I cannot get my iPhone to show up in the Devices section of my spotify and I'm not able to put any local files on my phone. Please help!

• I've followed so many community instructions but no matter what I do I cannot get my iPhone to show up in the Devices section of my spotify and I'm not able to put any local files on my phone. Please...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

track unavailable

Why would some of my songs become unavailabe on on my iphone, while here I am listening to them on spotify through the desktop client? As an example, I have been listening to Aimee Mann's "Video" and "Guys Like Me" for a week or so on the iphone flaw...

• Why would some of my songs become unavailabe on on my iphone, while here I am listening to them on spotify through the desktop client?   As an example, I have been listening to Aimee Mann's ...
  • duncanreid-us
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PREMIUM USER - NOW NOT THE CASE SINCE CONTRACT UPGRADE

Ok, hope you can help (awaiting spotify response) Me and my Wife have SPOTIFY PREMIUM and have done for ages now and been paying the monthly amount, no issues. We upgraded last Friday to new handsets and have since gone to use SPOTIFY again and now n...

• Ok, hope you can help (awaiting spotify response)   Me and my Wife have SPOTIFY PREMIUM and have done for ages now and been paying the monthly amount, no issues. We upgraded last Friday to new...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Newest update kills local file sync.

Spotify Version: 2.1.0.2676Account: PremiumiOS: 8.1.1iPhone: 5SMac Desktop OS: Yosemite 10.10.1Updated to the latest Spotify version yesterday. It removed all of my locally synced music (the tracks not available on Spotify, like AC/DC and Tool). Now ...

• Gig Goer
  • Spotify Version: 2.1.0.2676 Account: Premium iOS: 8.1.1 iPhone: 5S Mac Desktop OS: Yosemite 10.10.1 Updated to the latest Spotify version yesterday. It removed all of my locally synced music ...
  • suito
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Unable to login

I'm unable to login on my Ios device and on the app on mac OSX. I have a premium acount and I'm able to login on the website.

• Casual Listener
  • I'm unable to login on my Ios device and on the app on mac OSX. I have a premium acount and I'm able to login on the website. 
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Imported playlist stuck waiting to download?

Where were your local files downloaded from? I went through this last night, easy fix if you know what to look for. It's not Spotify, your software or storage. I'm thinking if your local files weren't downloaded from a trusted, verified source, you w...

• Casual Listener
  • Where were your local files downloaded from? I went through this last night, easy fix if you know what to look for. It's not Spotify, your software or storage. I'm thinking if your local files weren'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Understanding offline playlists

Hi, I've made a playlist and enabled available offline. After syncing/downloading some songs have the green arrow, some songs doesn't, some songs are grayed out and the playlist says waiting to download. I've re-installed the app and nothing's change...

IMG_0634.jpg
  • Composer
  • Hi,   I've made a playlist and enabled available offline. After syncing/downloading some songs have the green arrow, some songs doesn't, some songs are grayed out and the playlist says waiting...
  • Dasiaw419
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Randomly pausing

I'm wondering if anyone can help me.Everytime I put my phone (iPhone 6) in my pocket whilst Spotify is playing (through headphones) it randomly pauses and skips. It's so annoying, my phone is locked when it happens so I can't think of what it can be....

• I'm wondering if anyone can help me. Everytime I put my phone (iPhone 6) in my pocket whilst Spotify is playing (through headphones) it randomly pauses and skips. It's so annoying, my phone is locke...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Family member can't download spotify to her iPhone abroad

Hi, I just got a family subscription yesterday and sent login credentials to a family, who is abroad for a few weeks. She has her birthday today, so its a birthday gift. However she couldn't download it for her iPhone, she got a message saying someth...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I just got a family subscription yesterday and sent login credentials to a family, who is abroad for a few weeks. She has her birthday today, so its a birthday gift. However she couldn't...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to add songs to existing playlists

Hi all,since a couple of weeks, I am having troubles adding songs to my existing playlists (on ios). This is very annoying!!Solution anyone?thanks,D

• Hi all, since a couple of weeks, I am having troubles adding songs to my existing playlists (on ios). This is very annoying!! Solution anyone? thanks, D
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wird von meinem Golf 7 nicht erkannt

Nabend zusammen, könnt ihr mir erklären, warum jede App bei meinem Golf 7 erkannt wird, nur jeden mal bekomme ich bei Spotify die Meldung, dass keine Verbindung möglich ist? Nur, wenn ich kurz vorher selber über Spotify Musik gehört habe, dann geht e...

• Nabend zusammen,   könnt ihr mir erklären, warum jede App bei meinem Golf 7 erkannt wird, nur jeden mal bekomme ich bei Spotify die Meldung, dass keine Verbindung möglich ist? Nur, wenn ich ku...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't login to spotify with facebook

Hello, I have ipod touch 5g ios 8.4.1 installed. I am using last version of spotify(4.4.0) as well. When I try to login with my facebook account, three dots appears on screen and app freezes at this stage and I can't pass this screen. I tired to rein...

• Hello, I have ipod touch 5g ios 8.4.1 installed. I am using last version of spotify(4.4.0) as well. When I try to login with my facebook account, three dots appears on screen and app freezes at this ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with song quality exclusively on my Account

Hello, recently i am having a disturbing problem with my account. The song quality is extremely bad only on my account on streaming or downloaded songs. I have tried resintall the app several times but it doesnt seem to work. I have tried other 3 acc...

• Hello, recently i am having a disturbing problem with my account.  The song quality is extremely bad only on my account on streaming or downloaded songs. I have tried resintall the app several t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ihave forgot the password to my account and the email address i registrated does not exist any more

hiI have forgot the password to my spotify account, and to get a new one you're sending it to me by email. But the email address i registrated does not exist any more. Could you please send it to me on my current email adress, Stinaaune@gmail.com?

• Casual Listener
  • hi I have forgot the password to my spotify account, and to get a new one you're sending it to me by email. But the email address i registrated does not exist any more. Could you please send it to m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 30-day free trial

I'm wanting to initiate the 30-day free trial to get a better feel for the premium subscription. I know that after the 30 days, I would be charged if I chose to continue said subscription. But if I for some reason don't want to continue it, and I can...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm wanting to initiate the 30-day free trial to get a better feel for the premium subscription. I know that after the 30 days, I would be charged if I chose to continue said subscription. But if I f...
  • Cody0513
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing albums

Hi. I have a Spotify Premium subscription which has been working well for eighteen months but has now gone berserk. I have downloaded 50 or so albums to my iphone 5 and made them available offline. I used to be able to play and enjoy them all both in...

• Hi. I have a Spotify Premium subscription which has been working well for eighteen months but has now gone berserk. I have downloaded 50 or so albums to my iphone 5 and made them available offline. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Accidental queue skipping

Okay, the most annoying feature in Spotify has to be the play queue. There are two situations I always run into:- I have a bunch of songs queued and accidentally skip forward, now I can no longer go back to the song I was previously listening to. The...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay, the most annoying feature in Spotify has to be the play queue. There are two situations I always run into: - I have a bunch of songs queued and accidentally skip forward, now I can no longer...
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes

browse not showing in iphone (ios 9.1) replaced by "moments" and "now"

Hey there- I am new to Spotify.... I'm a Rdio transplant and late to the game, I know. I just download a premium account through a family plan. Only problem is... on my iphone app "browse" isn't an option in the left menu. Mine menu reads: search, no...

• Hey there-   I am new to Spotify.... I'm a Rdio transplant and late to the game, I know.   I just download a premium account through a family plan. Only problem is... on my iphone ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Conection

Cuando escucho canciones desde Spotify en mis parlantes por intermedio de Bose SoundTouch (instalado en un IPad) las canciones se interrumpen por segundos todo el tiempo(se corta a cada 2 o 3 segundos). Que debo hacer para escucharlas sin interrupcio...

• Cuando escucho canciones desde Spotify en mis parlantes por intermedio de Bose SoundTouch (instalado en un IPad) las canciones se interrumpen por segundos todo el tiempo(se corta a cada 2 o 3 segundo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes