Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Album Art won't change in my BMW 320xi

So I just upgraded my iphone from the 4s to the 5s and now my Spotify album art will no longer change with the songs. I just purchased my BMW 320xi in March of this year and Spotify was working perfectly with my old iphone-the 4s. Now that I've upgra...

• So I just upgraded my iphone from the 4s to the 5s and now my Spotify album art will no longer change with the songs. I just purchased my BMW 320xi in March of this year and Spotify was working perfe...
  • mlansky
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bmw i3
    spotify album art won't change
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Sorting playlists on iphone

I know you can individually sort songs in a playlist. Is there a way to sort by song/artist/album on iphone? I tried changing the order on my computer spotify but it doesnt translate to the iphone.

• I know you can individually sort songs in a playlist.  Is there a way to sort by song/artist/album on iphone? I tried changing the order on my computer spotify but it doesnt translate to the iph...
  • pizzawizard1
  • Regular
  • 35 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 35 replies
  • 18 likes

Charged for premium student

I was trying to sign up for premium for students but didn't have my ID so I decided to quit. I was still charged $4.99, and it doesn't even show up as me having premium. How do I fix this?

• I was trying to sign up for premium for students but didn't have my ID so I decided to quit. I was still charged $4.99, and it doesn't even show up as me having premium. How do I fix this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Persistent Marketing and Notification Problem

Whenever I try to select the radio button for the option to 'Share with 3rd parties' off, it automatically reverts back. This was happening with the 'news by email' notification button in the past. This seems like it is intentional, and I demand that...

• Whenever I try to select the radio button for the option to 'Share with 3rd parties' off, it automatically reverts back. This was happening with the 'news by email' notification button in the past. T...
  • chr1sj0n3s
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 21 GB Free space but offline PL's not Syncing

Hi, So I have an iPhone 6plus and my spotify app is taking 37.1GB which is fine I have 22.6GB free space left, loads right! So why has spotify stopped syncing any additional playlists that i want to be available offline. Is there a limit to the numbe...

image1.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi,   So I have an iPhone 6plus and my spotify app is taking 37.1GB which is fine I have 22.6GB free space left, loads right!   So why has spotify stopped syncing any additional playlis...
  • igorplzv
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Single song in a big playlist can't sync

I have a playlist consisting of 45 songs.1 of them is implemented from iTunes, the rest was available on Spotify.The one implemented from iTunes plays fine from iTunes itself and I made it show up in my playlist on Spotify - It is greyed out however ...

• I have a playlist consisting of 45 songs. 1 of them is implemented from iTunes, the rest was available on Spotify. The one implemented from iTunes plays fine from iTunes itself and I made it show u...
  • Rorey
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting messages from my iPad and iPod

How can I do that? Messages from people, who are no longer in my life, are still in my inbox. I would like my inbox to be deleted completely from all devices.

• How can I do that? Messages from people, who are no longer in my life, are still in my inbox. I would like my inbox to be deleted completely from all devices. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Favourite songs (premium account)

My favourite songs are no longer available!! I've deleted and reinstalled the app in my mobile (iPhone) but nothing changes.

• My favourite songs are no longer available!! I've deleted and reinstalled the app in my mobile (iPhone) but nothing changes.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify 3.3.0 Green Update

The new green is freaking awful, it hurts my eyes. Come on Spotify, is this an attempt to make your app more visible compared to the upcoming Apple Music app.

• The new green is freaking awful, it hurts my eyes. Come on Spotify, is this an attempt to make your app more visible compared to the upcoming Apple Music app.
  • LEDWORKS
  • Casual Listener
  • 40 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 40 replies
  • 25 likes

Grey blocks appear throughout my songs and it wont play the song selected.

When i scroll down through my music, grey blocks divide up songs throughout the whole library. Also, when i select a song, it plays the one 5 songs above the selcted one. I've restarted my phone and also re-installed the app and its still happening.

• When i scroll down through my music, grey blocks divide up songs throughout the whole library. Also, when i select a song, it plays the one 5 songs above the selcted one. I've restarted my phone and ...
  • taximan20
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Grey things

There is some sort of weird grey thing between each song in My Muisic. It started around when the latest update came, its really annoying now! HELP!

• Casual Listener
  • There is some sort of weird grey thing between each song in My Muisic. It started around when the latest update came, its really annoying now! HELP!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why did you take out the free weezy album off of lil Wayne's albums? When and how can I get it back?

I had the free weezy album from lil Wayne saved to my music and now that I checked, it got deleted. I went to search "lil wayne" and the album was deleted? Why did it delete? Just to make sure it wasn't a problem with my account? I don't know

• I had the free weezy album from lil Wayne saved to my music and now that I checked, it got deleted. I went to search "lil wayne" and the album was deleted? Why did it delete? Just to make sure it was...
  • xhyperix
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Not Able to Play Offline

For all of my songs, the first song, the first one for each letter will not play offline. It says that it has been saved and should be played offline but it just doesn't. Also, when I press on the first song of let's say songs that start with the let...

• For all of my songs, the first song, the first one for each letter will not play offline. It says that it has been saved and should be played offline but it just doesn't. Also, when I press on the fi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium

So in the app it says my subscription is free, but in the App Store "subscriptions" section it says it's good through the 23rd. I tried singing out and signing in, even deleting the app. What is happening??

• Casual Listener
  • So in the app it says my subscription is free, but in the App Store "subscriptions" section it says it's good through the 23rd. I tried singing out and signing in, even deleting the app. What is happ...
  • Riolson3
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium showing up free

Purchased a new phone downloaded app and it is showing up free and I have premium have had it for about a year and now it says free in my old phone iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 plus

• Visitor
  • Purchased a new phone downloaded app and it is showing up free and I have premium have had it for about a year and now it says free in my old phone iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 plus
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Available Offline wont work

When I try and make my playlists "Avaliable Offline" it shows a grey circle with a grey arrow pointing down. The playlists never seem to download. But if i click on the song and let it play for a second the green arrow will apear. Now this helps the ...

• When I try and make my playlists "Avaliable Offline" it shows a grey circle with a grey arrow pointing down. The playlists never seem to download. But if i click on the song and let it play for a sec...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone 6 iOS 8.4 CRASHING

For the past 3 months (4 months in August) I've been constantly having my app crash each effing time I change a song! I am SICK and tired of it! The SpotifyCare Twitter people aren't helping with jack all, besides from asking me to do the exact same ...

• For the past 3 months (4 months in August) I've been constantly having my app crash each effing time I change a song! I am SICK and tired of it! The SpotifyCare Twitter people aren't helping with jac...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist skipping back to top after a few songs

Recently when I'm playing a playlist it will play a few songs then suddenly jump back up either to the start of the playlist or to a track 3 or 4 back up the list. It does seem to favor jumping back to a couple specific songs. It's probably happened ...

• Regular
  • Recently when I'm playing a playlist it will play a few songs then suddenly jump back up either to the start of the playlist or to a track 3 or 4 back up the list. It does seem to favor jumping back ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Help With Putting Local Files on my Phone

I have been attempting to follow the instructons on how to put Local Files from my computer onto my phone. My phone and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, but my phone cant seem to find the songs. Can anyone help me out? Much appreciat...

• I have been attempting to follow the instructons on how to put Local Files from my computer onto my phone. My phone and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, but my phone cant seem to fin...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Not Happy!!!! Grey lines and wrong song playing!!!

My Spotify App on the IPod Touch 5th Gen is not fully working. There seems to be a grey section separating the songs and the first of song of each section won't play. Another issue is that when I choose a song from the 'my songs' section it decides t...

• My Spotify App on the IPod Touch 5th Gen is not fully working. There seems to be a grey section separating the songs and the first of song of each section won't play. Another issue is that when I cho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes