Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Deleting songs from offline synched songs.

Hello. I am sure that this probably has been asked before, but how do I delete songs that I have downloaded for offline play with Spotify Premium on my iPhone? I know that erasing the app and reinstalling it would probably do the trick but, is there ...

• Hello. I am sure that this probably has been asked before, but how do I delete songs that I have downloaded for offline play with Spotify Premium on my iPhone? I know that erasing the app and reinsta...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline synching very slow on iOS (iPhone 6+) and Windows over at home network (ATT).

When I sync my track offline over my home network, they sync abnormaly slow over my home network. I tried this over other networks, and it seems to work normally. I currently have ATT U-Verse as my internet provider with 24mbs/s download speeds on ev...

• Casual Listener
  • When I sync my track offline over my home network, they sync abnormaly slow over my home network. I tried this over other networks, and it seems to work normally.   I currently have ATT U-Vers...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Making a playlist offline some songs wont sync.

I have Spotify Premium and until today i never had any issues with listening to music both online and offline on my IPhone 5s latest IOS w/ Spotify V 2.6.0. But last night I had an issue that my local tracks (2 of 3) unsynced, no big deal I clicked t...

image2.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify Premium and until today i never had any issues with listening to music both online and offline on my IPhone 5s latest IOS w/ Spotify V 2.6.0. But last night I had an issue that my loca...
  • LisAngel83
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

After spotify upgrade on iPad, one playlist lost

Spotify on my iPad 2 upgraded yesterday. Today, I launched it, and it showed me my lists. When I clicked on a particular playlist, it gave me a cryptic error about ?Auth failed or something along those lines. Then it booted me out to the login page. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify on my iPad 2 upgraded yesterday.  Today, I launched it, and it showed me my lists.  When I clicked on a particular playlist, it gave me a cryptic error about ?Auth failed or somethi...
  • bilym95
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Integra amplifier Spotify connect problem / Spotify iOS 2.6.0 / Mac OS 1.0.1.1060

I hvae an Integra 50.5 amplifier After 3/12 I update iOS Spotify 2.6.0 and Mac OS newest version. I can't listen to music via spotify connect stablely. I tried tuneIn streaming in the same amplifier, it is OK. So it is not the local network issue. It...

• I hvae an Integra 50.5 amplifier   After 3/12 I update iOS Spotify 2.6.0 and Mac OS newest version. I can't listen to music via spotify connect stablely.   I tried tuneIn streaming in t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify free not working on iphone

I just downgraded my account to free and spotify no longer plays any songs in my iPhone. Tried reinstalling the app with no luck. Please help. Thx

• Casual Listener
  • I just downgraded my account to free and spotify no longer plays any songs in my iPhone. Tried reinstalling the app with no luck. Please help. Thx
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't import local files

All of a sudden I can't import local files from my computer. I used to be able to just drag the file and drop it into the Spotify local files section, now when I do that, nothing happens. Is there a new way to do this?

• Casual Listener
  • All of a sudden I can't import local files from my computer. I used to be able to just drag the file and drop it into the Spotify local files section, now when I do that, nothing happens. Is there a ...
  • brknghstgames
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Top 100 List

What happened with Top 100 playlists by genre? I can't find it on iOS or mac app...

• What happened with Top 100 playlists by genre? I can't find it on iOS or mac app...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files being deleted / desynchronised on iPhone 4S

Hello all, Been trying to find a specific thread for this for a while but to no avail. I have a Spotify Premium account and use my iPhone as a secondary device, and I use a lot of local files in a lot of playlists I have. However, recently I have fou...

• Hello all,  Been trying to find a specific thread for this for a while but to no avail. I have a Spotify Premium account and use my iPhone as a secondary device, and I use a lot of local file...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Played 10 secs and stop, running really weird.

Hi, I am currently experiencing a really big and weird problem here. Spotify has been running really slow and unstable on my iPad Air since probably two months ago. The browse page is loading really really slow, musics played and stops after 10 secon...

• Regular
  • Hi, I am currently experiencing a really big and weird problem here. Spotify has been running really slow and unstable on my iPad Air since probably two months ago. The browse page is loading really ...
  • pkgamma
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can both my wife & I to control CONNECT via our iphones but with only 1 Premium account?

Hello Is it possible for both my wife & I to control Spotify Connect via our iphones but with only 1 Premium account? At the moment we just tend to play downloaded music through an ipod dock speaker system, but I want to overhaul our system. I am int...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   Is it possible for both my wife & I to control Spotify Connect via our iphones but with only 1 Premium account?   At the moment we just tend to play downloaded music through...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't PLAY specific song from album/artist on iPhone; SHUFFLE PLAY only??

Here's the example: I open Spotify on my iPhone 6. I go to Search and type in I Was An Eagle, which is a track off of Laura Marling's album, "Once I Was An Eagle." In the results under Albums it shows that album; I hit the arrow button, it takes me t...

• Casual Listener
  • Here's the example: I open Spotify on my iPhone 6. I go to Search and type in I Was An Eagle, which is a track off of Laura Marling's album, "Once I Was An Eagle." In the results under Albums it show...
  • ErickRGuetta
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't open!!! Help please

Spotify won't open, whenever I click it, it goes back to the home screenI've shut off and powered on my phone but it didn't help I also did that thing where you going to your language settings and change it and change it back.. Nothing is workingAdvi...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify won't open, whenever I click it, it goes back to the home screen I've shut off and powered on my phone but it didn't help I also did that thing where you going to your language settings and ...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share on iphone 5 IOS 7

When I choose to share a song, I select send to.. the list of names comes up, then the app crashes and closes out. I've restarted my phone and still get the same result.

• Regular
  • When I choose to share a song, I select send to.. the list of names comes up, then the app crashes and closes out. I've restarted my phone and still get the same result. 
  • Sl33pwalker
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Unplayable after Spotify App Update

Whenever I update my Spotify app on my iPhone 6, my local files are no longer playable. I must connect my iPhone to my laptop, turn off the available offline option via the Spotify iPhone app, and then turn it back on so that my local files are again...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I update my Spotify app on my iPhone 6, my local files are no longer playable.  I must connect my iPhone to my laptop, turn off the available offline option via the Spotify iPhone app, ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Purchased premium yesterday...still not recognized on account

I purchased the Spotify premium with the student discount yesterday and I can see it on my bank account. Neither my iPhone or computer are recognizing the premium status and I'm extremely frustrated Case # 02579958

• I purchased the Spotify premium with the student discount yesterday and I can see it on my bank account. Neither my iPhone or computer are recognizing the premium status and I'm extremely frustrated ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files won't sync to iPhone 6

My local files were synced properly and worked for months. Suddenly, they no longer play. It may show a green icon indicating it is synced, but when you click it to play it on the iPhone, a box pops up that says "Unable to Play Song". No additional h...

• Casual Listener
  • My local files were synced properly and worked for months. Suddenly, they no longer play. It may show a green icon indicating it is synced, but when you click it to play it on the iPhone, a box pops ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Slow syncing

Whilst syncing an online playlist trying to make it offline, my internet is as good as it gets, iOS 8 on iPhone 5, I only have syncing quality on normal, it will download thirty songs, then stop. And when I try to redo it, it just re downloads the sa...

• Regular
  • Whilst syncing an online playlist trying to make it offline, my internet is as good as it gets, iOS 8 on iPhone 5, I only have syncing quality on normal, it will download thirty songs, then stop. And...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone app keeps syncing my playlist all over again

I've been using Spotify on my PC and iPhone since May 2014. Not any single problem occured until the last week actually. But since last week, everytime I launch my Spotify app on my iPhone 6 Plus, even though it's already synced for offline availabil...

• Regular
  • I've been using Spotify on my PC and iPhone since May 2014. Not any single problem occured until the last week actually. But since last week, everytime I launch my Spotify app on my iPhone 6 Plus, ev...
  • Ascansio
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone Sync grey/green/no arrow?

Hi I am syncing tracks to my iPhone 5 from my laptop and when I make the playlist available offline, it shows all tracks with the grey downwards arrow on some, a green arrow on others and no arrow at all on some. What do these coloured arrows mean an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I am syncing tracks to my iPhone 5 from my laptop and when I make the playlist available offline, it shows all tracks with the grey downwards arrow on some, a green arrow on others and ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes