Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

iPhone app keeps syncing my playlist all over again

I've been using Spotify on my PC and iPhone since May 2014. Not any single problem occured until the last week actually. But since last week, everytime I launch my Spotify app on my iPhone 6 Plus, even though it's already synced for offline availabil...

• Regular
  • I've been using Spotify on my PC and iPhone since May 2014. Not any single problem occured until the last week actually. But since last week, everytime I launch my Spotify app on my iPhone 6 Plus, ev...
  • Ascansio
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone Sync grey/green/no arrow?

Hi I am syncing tracks to my iPhone 5 from my laptop and when I make the playlist available offline, it shows all tracks with the grey downwards arrow on some, a green arrow on others and no arrow at all on some. What do these coloured arrows mean an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I am syncing tracks to my iPhone 5 from my laptop and when I make the playlist available offline, it shows all tracks with the grey downwards arrow on some, a green arrow on others and ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cant add tracks and phone does not show upp.

All of a sudden i cant drag any local files into Spotify, nothing happends... it worked yesterday. And my phone 5 does not show up under devices, not on wifi or plugged in by USB.There isnt even a tab called devices anymore. I have reinstalled it on ...

• All of a sudden i cant drag any local files into Spotify, nothing happends... it worked yesterday.   And my phone 5 does not show up under devices, not on wifi or plugged in by USB. There isn...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify shows suddenly French recommendations although I am from Austria

Hi,Please help. I switched today back to iOS and the app thinks I am in France, showing playlist recommendations from there as well as sending mails in French after using the family invites. Btw. Invite is also not working. Maybe it's connected.Thank...

• Hi, Please help. I switched today back to iOS and the app thinks I am in France, showing playlist recommendations from there as well as sending mails in French after using the family invites. Btw. I...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account subscription
    country
    Local tracks
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app crashes when starting

Iphone 5, spotify version 2.6.0. App crashes when opening. Help!!

• Iphone 5, spotify version 2.6.0. App crashes when opening. Help!!
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Synced songs are greying out randomly...

iOS 8 iPhone 5iOS 7 iPhone 5Spotify 2.6.0.2113Problem started around January.Attempting to upgrade to iOS 8.2 to see how it effects the problem.Essentially I have music Synced on my desktop computer that I sync to my iPhones and has been working flaw...

• Music Fan
  • iOS 8 iPhone 5 iOS 7 iPhone 5 Spotify 2.6.0.2113 Problem started around January. Attempting to upgrade to iOS 8.2 to see how it effects the problem. Essentially I have music Synced on my d...
  • badinfluence
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks from hard-drive Unsyncing

PLEASE HELP!! Most of the music I listen to is through Spotify, but of course there are tracks that I download independently. In order to not have to use two different mobile players, I add files from my hard-drive to my Spotify playlists. I then mak...

• Casual Listener
  • PLEASE HELP!!     Most of the music I listen to is through Spotify, but of course there are tracks that I download independently. In order to not have to use two different mobile players,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple TV device not appearing

Spotify on IPAD,When I tap the AirPlay icon it only offers me the IPad I am using, not any of my Apple TV devices.I can control Apple TV using this iPad and iRemote.Do I have to install something on the Apple TV devices?

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify on IPAD, When I tap the AirPlay icon it only offers me the IPad I am using, not any of my Apple TV devices. I can control Apple TV using this iPad and iRemote. Do I have to install somethi...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • apple TV
    iOS
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Password won't work

My password works to login to spotify.com but will not work on my iphone or macbook. What is the problem here?? The password is 100% correct - it will work on my PC and online.

• My password works to login to spotify.com but will not work on my iphone or macbook.   What is the problem here?? The password is 100% correct - it will work on my PC and online.   ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist and recently played interchanged

Hi guys so I was using spotify and then recently played and playlist interchanged their places. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys so I was using spotify and then recently played and playlist interchanged their places. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks! 😊
  • joshyb73
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Certain local files not playing on iPhone app

I've been using Spotify for a couple years now and haven't experienced this type of problem. Certain songs that I have downloaded that are not available on Spotify are not working on the app when synced. The songs are greyed out and if you try to pla...

• I've been using Spotify for a couple years now and haven't experienced this type of problem. Certain songs that I have downloaded that are not available on Spotify are not working on the app when syn...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Synchronisation with the new spotify on computer

Bonjour avec le nouveau design de spotify sur windows je n'arrive plus à Synchroniser mes playlists sur mon iphone merci de me repondre rapidement . cordialement

• Bonjour avec le nouveau design de spotify sur windows je n'arrive plus à Synchroniser mes playlists sur mon iphone merci de me repondre rapidement . cordialement
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Access Remote control for pc via lockscreen

Is there a way to control what i play on the pc when the phone is locked?? It works when its being played only on the phone, what bout when im playing on the pc?? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to control what i play on the pc when the phone is locked?? It works when its being played only on the phone, what bout when im playing  on the pc?? Thanks  
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Only global playlists (by country) appear on my mobile

How can I switch the configuration in order to see top hits playlists again for all genres? I can only visualize top 50 by country

• How can I switch the configuration in order to see top hits playlists again for all genres? I can only visualize top 50 by country
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Cancel a track from playlist in more immediate mode.

I would like to propose to facilitate a possibility to erase a track previously added to a playlist. I explain what do I mean: it happens that an entire CD is added to a very long playlist and then to erase a single track from it you have to check th...

• Casual Listener
  • I would like to propose to facilitate a possibility to erase a track previously added to a playlist. I explain what do I mean: it happens that an entire CD is added to a very long playlist and then t...
  • velb95
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing songs : Only Facebook contacts appear

Hi, When sharing a song on an iPhone, the list of possible receivers contains only Facebook contacts. Contacts who log to Spotify with a user independent from Spotify do not appear in the list of people I can send a song to (I log in on Spotify throu...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi,    When sharing a song on an iPhone, the list of possible receivers contains only Facebook contacts. Contacts who log to Spotify with a user independent from Spotify do not appear i...
  • Elisamusic
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"An error occurred" since a month

Hi I'm an italian guy, I have an iphone 4S and I cant use the spotify app. When I log in my name in the bottom left corner of the app doesnt appear, my id number does. Then when I try to search a song, or when I go to the playlist section, the app sa...

• Regular
  • Hi I'm an italian guy, I have an iphone 4S and I cant use the spotify app. When I log in my name in the bottom left corner of the app doesnt appear, my id number does. Then when I try to search a son...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing broadcast status on spotify 2.6.0.2113

I am having difficulty changing the broadcast status on spotify 2.6.0.2113!I am just trying to get spotify to work with musicXmatch!Thank you for your help.

• Casual Listener
  • I am having difficulty changing the broadcast status on spotify 2.6.0.2113! I am just trying to get spotify to work with musicXmatch! Thank you for your help.
  • aminebenhallam
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Clicking/Popping

I've just bought an Apple Airport Express for the sole purpose of streaming Spotify. I've connected the Express to my Tag McLaren AV32R via optical cable. At this moment in time I only have the free version of Spotify but intend to upgrade to premium...

• Casual Listener
  • I've just bought an Apple Airport Express for the sole purpose of streaming Spotify. I've connected the Express to my Tag McLaren AV32R via optical cable. At this moment in time I only have the free ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone won't recognize my premium account

Hey there, I just purchased spotify premium, but on my iPhone and iPad it still says that I have a free account. I'm logging in the same way I do on my computer and the same account information appears (in terms of picture and recently listed to) but...

• Hey there,   I just purchased spotify premium, but on my iPhone and iPad it still says that I have a free account. I'm logging in the same way I do on my computer and the same account informat...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes