Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Is this a known bug? iPhone 6 Plus 8.2 / Spotify 2.7.0.1943

I can search for an artist, select an album, click on save then select the "Available Offline" button. Then when viewing My Music / Albums, the little green down arrow is there next to the artist name indicating the album has been downloaded and when...

• Casual Listener
  • I can search for an artist, select an album, click on save then select the "Available Offline" button. Then when viewing My Music / Albums, the little green down arrow is there next to the artis...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading stopped after some amount of downloaded albums

Hi!I have a problem with my spotify. I downloaded great amount of albums on my 'offline zone', and I want to do the same with much more of them, because do not want to use my built-in Internet outside wi-fi. But I can't do it! As usual I tick 'availb...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I have a problem with my spotify. I downloaded great amount of albums on my 'offline zone', and I want to do the same with much more of them, because do not want to use my built-in Internet outs...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't download all the songs in offline mode to my Iphone 5s

I have a premium account. When I turn to offline mode to any of my playlists, it would only download less than half of all the songs. Also, when I add more songs to any playlist doesn't sync the new songs in offline mode.What should I do to have all ...

• I have a premium account. When I turn to offline mode to any of my playlists, it would only download less than half of all the songs. Also, when I add more songs to  any playlist doesn't sync th...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Wont play on iphone

Hi, I can no longer play spotify on my iphone. The songs are greyed out and pressing them does nothing. I have a family plan but when i go into my account settings it says free. I have tried closing the app, restarting the phone, uninstalling and rei...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I can no longer play spotify on my iphone. The songs are greyed out and pressing them does nothing. I have a family plan but when i go into my account settings it says free.   I h...
  • daveyc
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

v1.0 Profile says '0 playlists'

To be honest - I don't know if this problem is new to the updated app or if I just never noticed it before - but on my phone, when i go to the profile screen - where it says number of playlists, followers and following - it says '0 playlists'. the pl...

• Gig Goer
  • ...rofile is stuck at 0. all the playlists i have are public, so that shouldn't be the issue. any thoughts? is it a bug or am i doing something wrong? i dont seem to see anyone else with the same problem. 
  • blo
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account stopped working

I'm premium since last year and suddenly two days ago my account was changed back to "free". I have logged in and out couple time and try in my other devices and still doesn't work. My last payment ID is 9GA59188T0912491B. What can I do?

• I'm premium since last year and suddenly two days ago my account was changed back to "free". I have logged in and out couple time and try in my other devices and still doesn't work. My last payment I...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New to Spotify and Love it! Have a few question though...

Hey Everyone, I just got a Premium Account mainly for the offline mode and other bonus features. I use my phone a lot for music especially when I am driving, running, etc. Since I am a heavy user for streaming music I firgured the offline mode would ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Everyone,             I just got a Premium Account mainly for the offline mode and other bonus features.  I use my phone a lot for music especially when ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My premium doesn't work

My premium account went to free the other night. I went to spotify.com, and read about the techincal problems. Anyway, it says that it's been fixed, but I still doesn't have my premium account back. I have deleted the app, and logged in and out almos...

• Casual Listener
  • My premium account went to free the other night. I went to spotify.com, and read about the techincal problems. Anyway, it says that it's been fixed, but I still doesn't have my premium account back. ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Computer says I have Premium sub, but iPhone 6 still says Premium Trial

Since the PS4 just got Spotify I decided to join. I'm a student, so I signed up to verify as such to get the discount. I paid uysing a credit card, but after doing so I was sent back to the screen where you verify that you're a student. I exited out ...

• Since the PS4 just got Spotify I decided to join. I'm a student, so I signed up to verify as such to get the discount. I paid uysing a credit card, but after doing so I was sent back to the screen wh...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlist to iPod synchronisation for Premium subscribers

Hi,about a year ago I was able to download a playlist on my ipod nano and I did not have Spotify Premium.now it seems like i cannot do that anymore. does anyone know how?

• Hi, about a year ago I was able to download a playlist on my ipod nano and I did not have Spotify Premium. now it seems like i cannot do that anymore. does anyone know how?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle problems - at least on iPad

The shuffle algorithm (at least on the iPad) has a bug. I have several playlists, and I can choose one, press shuffle, and then a song from another playlist will be shuffled as part of the selection (i have double checked that the song is NOT on the ...

• The shuffle algorithm (at least on the iPad) has a bug. I have several playlists, and I can choose one, press shuffle, and then a song from another playlist will be shuffled as part of the selection ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone in Devices

I've got a bit of a problem with my iPhone. When i plug it in to the laptop, the iPhone won't show in devices? The iPhone shows up in iTunes and as a removable device, but not in spotify. My iPhone is connected to the same wi-fi as my laptop but it's...

• Casual Listener
  • I've got a bit of a problem with my iPhone. When i plug it in to the laptop, the iPhone won't show in devices? The iPhone shows up in iTunes and as a removable device, but not in spotify. My iPhone i...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
    problem
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Inbox on iPhone 5S disappeared

My ability to access my inbox suddenly disappeared-- the icon is completely gone and after a thorough search there is no way to access it. What gives, Spotify? You need to bring that feature back immediately, or tell me how I'm missing it!

• My ability to access my inbox suddenly disappeared-- the icon is completely gone and after a thorough search there is no way to access it.   What gives, Spotify? You need to bring that feature...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't work

Hi,The app does not play any songs. The songs are not seem as "visible", like playable (the bold white type when it is connected to the internet). Yet, it is connected. Even some playlists show only one song. Also when I play, the song name comes up ...

• Regular
  • Hi, The app does not play any songs. The songs are not seem as "visible", like playable (the bold white type when it is connected to the internet). Yet, it is connected. Even some playlists show onl...
  • Kubra
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect and Samsung WAM 750 speakers

Recently bought Samsung multiroom speakers and hub but cannot get Spotify connect to workCan only get Spotify via Bluetooth but then only plays through on e speaker therefore no longer multiroomSamsung app downloaded to iPad and on trial of Spotify p...

• Recently bought Samsung multiroom speakers and hub but cannot get Spotify connect to work Can only get Spotify via Bluetooth but then only plays through on e speaker therefore no longer multiroom S...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot access search, albums nor artists with iphone 5s

My spotify works great on my laptop, butwith iphone 5s i cannot search anything, all i get is those three famous dots. SimilarlyI cannot access to albums nor artists.Any help? thanks.

•   My spotify works great on my laptop, but with iphone 5s i cannot search anything,  all i get is those three famous dots. Similarly I cannot access to albums nor artists. Any help? &...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync local T-Swift files to Spotify for iOS from my Mac

I have the 1989 MP3s (legally purchased) that I'm wanting to sync to Spotify, as I do not use iTunes at ALL and 100% of my music is through Spotify. I am following the instructions but because I think the album information is still on Spotify, I can'...

• Visitor
  • I have the 1989 MP3s (legally purchased) that I'm wanting to sync to Spotify, as I do not use iTunes at ALL and 100% of my music is through Spotify.   I am following the instructions but becau...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Skips halfway in

Premium user here, latest iOS version. For the past month or so and with no rhyme or rhythm, playlist songs will skip halfway into playing. It's an abrupt skip, and doesn't have the "click" sound you hear when intentionally skipping. It'll work fine ...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium user here, latest iOS version.   For the past month or so and with no rhyme or rhythm, playlist songs will skip halfway into playing. It's an abrupt skip, and doesn't have the "cl...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Iphone 5, Chinese?

Hey. So i just installed the app on my phone, and it's in Chinese or some other asian language.. So how do i change this? Anybody that could look on their phone and guide me what buttons to press to change it.

• Casual Listener
  • Hey. So i just installed the app on my phone, and it's in Chinese or some other asian language.. So how do i change this? Anybody that could look on their phone and guide me what buttons to press to ...
  • BenMartin1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Impossible to save albums

Good morning , about a month I can not save albums or songs , either with or Iphone with windows . All albums saved , the next day gone missing . How so?

• Casual Listener
  • Good morning , about a month I can not save albums or songs , either with or Iphone with windows . All albums saved , the next day gone missing . How so?
  • OncJeremie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes