Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! The app

When I play music on my iPhone 5 in the app it works but when I want to do something else on my phone or lock it, it stops to play music, but it worked before today and I still have premium account. I can't understand why this is happening so please ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I play music on my iPhone 5 in the app it works but when I want to do something else on my phone or lock it, it stops to play music, but it worked before today and I still have premium account. ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iphone local files

Hi,I have spotify on my computer and iphone, some songs that I have on the computer show up on my iphone playlist just like other local files but these are gray and I can't play them. When I click them it says "song not synced", but it refuses to syn...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have spotify on my computer and iphone, some songs that I have on the computer show up on my iphone playlist just like other local files but these are gray and I can't play them. When I click ...
  • meelja
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can no longer use Spotify as iPod interface on JVC headunit

Hello,Up until 2 weeks ago, I was able to plug my iPhone into my JVC headunit and be able to control Spotify using the iPod interface through the headunit (My headunit saw spotify streaming as an iPod, which was awesome!). Then an update was pushed a...

• Visitor
  • Hello, Up until 2 weeks ago, I was able to plug my iPhone into my JVC headunit and be able to control Spotify using the iPod interface through the headunit (My headunit saw spotify streaming as an i...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

iPhone 4s, Local files crash after 5sec

Hey guys, i´m using an iPhone 4s and since a couple of days(last update), spotify really starts to annoying me. Anytime when i play a local file on my iPhone, it plays 5secs oder less of the track - than spotify crashes complete.Sometimes i have to r...

• Hey guys,   i´m using an iPhone 4s and since a couple of days(last update), spotify really starts to annoying me.   Anytime when i play a local file on my iPhone, it plays 5secs oder le...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Radio repeating the same 6 songs

For some reason my spotify radio is only repeating somewhere between 6-10 of the same tracks and not introducing much new music at all. Is anyone else having this problem and is there a way to fix it?

• For some reason my spotify radio is only repeating somewhere between 6-10 of the same tracks and not introducing much new music at all. Is anyone else having this problem and is there a way to fix it?
  • BallardRunner
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Radio
    repeat
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Local files won't stay synced

Hello, whenever i try to sync local files with my iphone i put them in a playlist, connect the iphone with the same wifi like my mac and then i make them available for offline mode. but when they finished syncing and all the tracks are in the "local ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   whenever i try to sync local files with my iphone i put them in a playlist, connect the iphone with the same wifi like my mac and then i make them available for offline mode.   ...
  • lexspider
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
    local files
    local files on iphone
    Local tracks
    Mac
    Syncing devices
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Current track not working when playing in background.

Latest iOS, Latest Version of Spotify, iPhone 6. If I open Spotify and navigate to my Songs and start playing offline, then I lock my phone or go to another app. If I pause Spotify without returning to the app and then return to Spotify, it shows the...

• Casual Listener
  • Latest iOS, Latest Version of Spotify, iPhone 6.   If I open Spotify and navigate to my Songs and start playing offline, then I lock my phone or go to another app. If I pause Spotify without r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Radio on iPhone/iPad stop playing after a few songs are played

When I launch radio for a artis on my iPhon/iPad playing directly from them or through a Heos a few songs (dozen or so) play then it stops. When I do the same thing fromthe Windows app it just keeps playing songe like it should.

• Casual Listener
  • When I launch radio for a artis on my iPhon/iPad playing directly from them or through a Heos a few songs (dozen or so) play then it stops. When I do the same thing fromthe Windows app it just keeps ...
  • msteffes
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on iPhone 4S radio advertisement causes complete music interruption

I'm posting this for my brother,He has an iPhone 4S iOS 8.1 and uses Spotify Free, Radio and every once in a while when an advertisement comes up, it interrupts the music and prevents from starting the radio back up? Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Composer
  • I'm posting this for my brother, He has an iPhone 4S iOS 8.1 and uses Spotify Free, Radio and every once in a while when an advertisement comes up, it interrupts the music and prevents from starting...
  • A_Nonymous
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS / Desktop syncing

I have several playlists marked for offline mode in my desktop app. In an older version of the spotify iOS app, I used to be able to open it and while on the same wifi network, the offiline mode playlists would update on my phone. This isn't working ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have several playlists marked for offline mode in my desktop app. In an older version of the spotify iOS app, I used to be able to open it and while on the same wifi network, the offiline mode play...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone 5s search

My search is not working on iPhone 5s can anyone help or know of any solution thank you

• My search is not working on iPhone 5s can anyone help or know of any solution thank you
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas con off line

Buenas tardes, tengo spotify premium.. Y una vez creada una playlist activo el interruptor offline, y se activan en ese modo algunas canciones, pero no todas de mi playlist... He intentado desactivar y activar el modo offline pero no hay manera, Un s...

• Buenas tardes, tengo spotify premium.. Y una vez creada una playlist activo el interruptor offline, y se activan en ese modo algunas canciones, pero no todas de mi playlist... He intentado desactivar...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify un-syncs local tracks every time I upgrade the app

For maybe the last 5 or 6 iOS app updates, every single time I update the Spotify app on my iPhone, my playlists containing local tracks un-sync just the local tracks. The playlist still displays the green "off-line sync" arrow, even on the local tra...

• For maybe the last 5 or 6 iOS app updates, every single time I update the Spotify app on my iPhone, my playlists containing local tracks un-sync just the local tracks. The playlist still displays the...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to auto filter out Explicit songs from TopList?

I could understand artists freedom and creativity. But sometimes I just want to play songs in the car with yound kids around. It will be nice to have an option to automatically filter out all songs with explicit tags. I couldn't find anyway in my pla...

• Visitor
  • I could understand artists freedom and creativity.   But sometimes I just want to play songs in the car with yound kids around. It will be nice to have an option to automatically filter out al...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Where's the Top Lists??

It's gone. And don't tell me that "Charts" replaced it. What a massive downgrade. With Top List I was able to go to the top list of the genre of my choosing and not just some poor excuse top 50 list.Sorry but if this is how it's going to be, I'm canc...

• It's gone. And don't tell me that "Charts" replaced it. What a massive downgrade. With Top List I was able to go to the top list of the genre of my choosing and not just some poor excuse top 50 list....
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Personal songs that are NOT in the Spotify catalogue are disappearing from the app

I have a bunch of songs in my iTunes library, synced with Spotify, that will remove themselves from the app a while after syncing them with my device. It only happens to some specific songs/collections. For example, I have a bunch of bootleg albums f...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a bunch of songs in my iTunes library, synced with Spotify, that will remove themselves from the app a while after syncing them with my device. It only happens to some specific songs/collectio...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode

I have saved lots of albums but not all work in offline mood, in my gym I get no signal and have made all the tracks available offline but yet not all of them work Can anyone help me out on this? Cheers

• I have saved lots of albums but not all work in offline mood, in my gym I get no signal and have made all the tracks available offline but yet not all of them work Can anyone help me out on this? Che...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting songs from offline synched songs.

Hello. I am sure that this probably has been asked before, but how do I delete songs that I have downloaded for offline play with Spotify Premium on my iPhone? I know that erasing the app and reinstalling it would probably do the trick but, is there ...

• Hello. I am sure that this probably has been asked before, but how do I delete songs that I have downloaded for offline play with Spotify Premium on my iPhone? I know that erasing the app and reinsta...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline synching very slow on iOS (iPhone 6+) and Windows over at home network (ATT).

When I sync my track offline over my home network, they sync abnormaly slow over my home network. I tried this over other networks, and it seems to work normally. I currently have ATT U-Verse as my internet provider with 24mbs/s download speeds on ev...

• Casual Listener
  • When I sync my track offline over my home network, they sync abnormaly slow over my home network. I tried this over other networks, and it seems to work normally.   I currently have ATT U-Vers...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Making a playlist offline some songs wont sync.

I have Spotify Premium and until today i never had any issues with listening to music both online and offline on my IPhone 5s latest IOS w/ Spotify V 2.6.0. But last night I had an issue that my local tracks (2 of 3) unsynced, no big deal I clicked t...

image2.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify Premium and until today i never had any issues with listening to music both online and offline on my IPhone 5s latest IOS w/ Spotify V 2.6.0. But last night I had an issue that my loca...
  • LisAngel83
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes