Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

IPOD 4TH GENERATION WONT SHOW UP IN DEVICES

MY 4th generation ipod will not show up on my computer to sync local files through spotify PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Casual Listener
  • MY 4th generation ipod will not show up on my computer to sync local files through spotify  PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas para sincronizar

Las primeras listas pude sincronizarlas sin problema, ahora, una semana después, cada vez que intento sincronizar una lista hay alguna que se queda con una marca roja y no siguen sincronizándose, se detienen ahí. Si actualizo la lista de favoritas e ...

• Visitor
  • Las primeras listas pude sincronizarlas sin problema, ahora, una semana después, cada vez que intento sincronizar una lista hay alguna que se queda con una marca roja y no siguen sincronizándose, se ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Paying for someone else's account

I'm paying for my friend Katy Gillespie's premium account after using the auto log into Facebook button (despite Katy not being logged in on my phone at the time). Please can I have this cancelled and refunded? I want my own account to be premium but...

• Regular
  • I'm paying for my friend Katy Gillespie's premium account after using the auto log into Facebook button (despite Katy not being logged in on my phone at the time). Please can I have this cancelled an...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problems downloading playlists

After a thorough search through the forums I have followed all the advice but am still having problems. I would be hugely grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. I have used a template I found in a previous (old) thread to explain:...

• Visitor
  • After a thorough search through the forums I have followed all the advice but am still having problems. I would be hugely grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. I have used a temp...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlist download problem
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problem: Bad performance and battery drain

Hi Spotify.Since the last update to version 1.2.0.3344 I got some huge problems with the spotify-app for iOS.The app needs several seconds to respond to my inputs. Also my iPhone gets real hot and the battery drain is insane. Approximately I loose at...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify. Since the last update to version 1.2.0.3344 I got some huge problems with the spotify-app for iOS. The app needs several seconds to respond to my inputs. Also my iPhone gets real hot an...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify open (but not playing) on a connected device changes song

This issue is between iOS and Android, but the problem surfaces in iOS. I have an old Android device (Droid Incredible running an outdated version of CyanogenMod with the latest Spotify app) at home- as an old device, its entire purpose is as my home...

• This issue is between iOS and Android, but the problem surfaces in iOS.   I have an old Android device (Droid Incredible running an outdated version of CyanogenMod with the latest Spotify ap...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync spotify playlist in iphone5

Is it possible to create a playlist in iTunes with songs from a playlist of Spotofi?

• Is it possible to create a playlist in iTunes with songs from a playlist of Spotofi?
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

music wont stream on iPhone 4 with strong 3G signal

One of the reasons I decided to go with Premium is so that I could stream on 3G in the car and while walking. To date, I'm having nothing but trouble, particularly after the most recent update. I understand that I can store playlists for off-line lis...

• One of the reasons I decided to go with Premium is so that I could stream on 3G in the car and while walking. To date, I'm having nothing but trouble, particularly after the most recent update. I und...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Music Won't Stream on 3G

I have an iPhone 4S with 7.1.2 software and I can't stream music on 3G anymore. The song either doesn't start or if it does start then the song freezes after a few seconds. Never had this problem until about 2 weeks ago but now I can't play Spotify i...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone 4S with 7.1.2 software and I can't stream music on 3G anymore. The song either doesn't start or if it does start then the song freezes after a few seconds.  Never had ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3G
    bluetooth
    freeze
    Wi-Fi
    won't play
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium

Hi.I want to get the premium version on Spotify but I''m in Romania so basically i can't because Spotify isn't official here.I'm asking if I change the region on App Store in US and then redeem a code,can i get the premium version?Because i saw that ...

• Visitor
  • Hi.I want to get the premium version on Spotify but I''m in Romania so basically i can't because Spotify isn't official here.I'm asking if I change the region on App Store in US and then redeem a cod...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone app crashes when local files synced from computer are played

iPhone Desription: iPhone 4S iOS 8.0 (12A4345d) Spotify App Version: 1.5.0.2728 Problem: About a month or two ago, I synced a few albums not in Spotify's collection to my Spotify on my computer. I also synced them to my phone through Spotify, in play...

• iPhone Desription: iPhone 4S iOS 8.0 (12A4345d) Spotify App Version: 1.5.0.2728 Problem: About a month or two ago, I synced a few albums not in Spotify's collection to my Spotify on my co...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    iOS 8
    iphone
    local files
    local files sync
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't fully download my offline music/now premium won't work on my ipod touch

I have been having multiple problems with spotify. 1. I changed debit cards and have a new number on my card and forgot to update spotify on that in the payment methods section (my bad) so premium was cut off from me yesterday. So I took care of busi...

• Regular
  • I have been having multiple problems with spotify. 1. I changed debit cards and have a new number on my card and forgot to update spotify on that in the payment methods section (my bad) so premium wa...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No spotify in Nigerian app store

Hello, I'm in Nigeria and I cannot install the app on my iPad as it says the item is not available in the Nigerian store. Can you please make it available? And if it won't be, a direct link to install will be appreciated.

• Hello, I'm in Nigeria and I cannot install the app on my iPad as it says the item is not available in the Nigerian store. Can you please make it available? And if it won't be, a direct link to instal...
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening off line

Hi All, I'm new. I have premium and have the free app on my iPhone and it works great. I now have an iPod touch and loaded the free app onto it. Now I want to sync all 3 items (Mac Book Pro - with prem; my iPhone and iPod touch) My Ipod keeps telling...

• Hi All, I'm new.  I have premium and have the free app on my iPhone and it works great.  I now have an iPod touch and loaded the free app onto it.  Now I want to sync all 3 items (Mac ...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify linked to wrong Facebook

I am now paying for Katy Gillespie to use spotify premium despite her not being logged in on my phone at the time of using the auto connect to Facebook. I have been changed £9.99, please can this be cancelled or refunded as I wish my own account up b...

• Regular
  • I am now paying for Katy Gillespie to use spotify premium despite her not being logged in on my phone at the time of using the auto connect to Facebook. I have been changed £9.99, please can this be ...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! IPod Touch 2nd Gen Wedding DJ

Hi, First post so bare with! Ive had a Spotify premium account for a few years now, I listen to it everyday and as i'm getting married in 3 weeks I thought I save some money on a DJ and do the music myself! My venue has a full PA system so I'm going ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    First post so bare with!   Ive had a Spotify premium account for a few years now, I listen to it everyday and as i'm getting married in 3 weeks I thought I save some mon...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Download Settings

Is there a setting that will allow me to download playlists and songs only when WiFi is available? I have downloaded playlists to my phone but want to avoid data usage if I decide to make changes when WiFi is not available.

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a setting that will allow me to download playlists and songs only when WiFi is available? I have downloaded playlists to my phone but want to avoid data usage if I decide to make changes whe...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Clear Recent Searches Button Hidden by Now Playing Banner

In the search pane, I have a list with about 20 recent searches. I want to clear the list, but when I scroll to the bottom the "Clear Recent Searches" button is hidden by the Now Playing banner at the bottom (the banner that shows the album art, song...

• Casual Listener
  • In the search pane, I have a list with about 20 recent searches. I want to clear the list, but when I scroll to the bottom the "Clear Recent Searches" button is hidden by the Now Playing banner at th...
  • pumrum
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

songs randomly stop syncing in offline mode (iPhone 5s)

Ive read through a lot of these posts so let me tell you my issue and then what I've already tried... Issue: Songs\Playlists will be sync'd. Many times I can add new songs to the sync'd playlist and the new songs will sync as they should. but occassi...

• Ive read through a lot of these posts so let me tell you my issue and then what I've already tried...   Issue: Songs\Playlists will be sync'd. Many times I can add new songs to the sync'd pl...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes