Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

7th gen iPod isn't recognized

My new iPod (7th) isn't reconginised (either windows and OS). Is this issue known and when will it be resolved?

• My new iPod (7th) isn't reconginised (either windows and OS). Is this issue known and when will it be resolved?
  • smelico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone Synch

Is there a possibility to synch the iphone without wireless lan maybe with the cable like an ipod ?

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a possibility to synch the iphone without wireless lan maybe with the cable like an ipod ?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone playlists not updating properly

I made some changes to my Spotify playlists on my computer recently. I expected that my iPhone playlists would update accordingly, but that's not the case. Now, every time I close and re-open the Spotify app on my iPhone, it lists my playlists as the...

• Casual Listener
  • I made some changes to my Spotify playlists on my computer recently. I expected that my iPhone playlists would update accordingly, but that's not the case.   Now, every time I close and re-o...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

downloading music

I already have a premium subscription and i want to hear my songs offline. I have selected several playlists and pushed download, but they all start "downloading" until 4%. I have been waiting for a couple of days, but i have only downloaded like 4 s...

• Regular
  • I already have a premium subscription and i want to hear my songs offline. I have selected several playlists and pushed download, but they all start "downloading" until 4%. I have been waiting for a ...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with Playback for Musicals

Hi.... When trying to play a few Broadway Musicals via Spotify....one track will be played and then Spotify will close out. I've only had this happen on Broadway Musicals....most recently the Motown Musical selection - Original Broadway Cast - Motown...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi....   When trying to play a few Broadway Musicals via Spotify....one track will be played and then Spotify will close out.  I've only had this happen on Broadway Musicals....most recen...
  • Treypod
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

2013 can't get podcasts on IPOD shuffle

I have used Spotify to download ITunes podcasts for several months. New upgrade from ITunes--can't get local files which are on Spotify which are podcasts to my IPOD. I hate ITunes but don't know where else to get podcasts I like. Spotify has the pod...

• I have used Spotify to download ITunes podcasts for several months. New upgrade from ITunes--can't get local files which are on Spotify which are podcasts to my IPOD. I hate ITunes but don't know whe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop Starred playlist not updating on iOS

If I star a playlist on the desktop spotify, it does not update or even show up on my iOS. All updates to programs are up to date. Need a response.

• Regular
  • If I star a playlist on the desktop spotify, it does not update or even show up on my iOS.   All updates to programs are up to date. Need a response.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

New iPhone - lost premium/ all playlists

I've recently had to replace my iPhone, and when I log in to my account it says I am on a 48 hour free trial, and is not showing any of my playlists. When I log in to my account on my laptop, it shows my account status as premium (next payment date a...

• Casual Listener
  • I've recently had to replace my iPhone, and when I log in to my account it says I am on a 48 hour free trial, and is not showing any of my playlists.   When I log in to my account on my lapt...
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted Playlists & Playlist Not Syncing

Alright, so big f*** up here... My first problem is that I took all my "starred" songs and put them into a new playlist. Now, said playlist will not sync to my iphone. The name of the playlist shows up, but it won't load any of the songs. Second prob...

• Alright, so big f*** up here...   My first problem is that I took all my "starred" songs and put them into a new playlist. Now, said playlist will not sync to my iphone. The name of the play...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming Spotify to Wireless Speakers

How can I stream from my pc to an iLUV wireless speaker. The pc does not recognize the speaker as such, only as an earpiece. Still does not stream. Cannot find any device drivers for the speaker

• Casual Listener
  • How can I stream from my pc to an iLUV wireless speaker. The pc does not recognize the speaker as such, only as an earpiece. Still does not stream. Cannot find any device drivers for the speaker
  • printersalley
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Get Iphone to show up under Devices and Sync selected playlists...

Hopefully this helps some of you.... I know there are a ton of people with this issue, as I have scanned these boards looking for a solution myself but I didn't find one so now I am posting this for anyone who needs it...My iphone will sync with spot...

• Visitor
  • Hopefully this helps some of you.... I know there are a ton of people with this issue, as I have scanned these boards looking for a solution myself but I didn't find one so now I am posting this for ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Problem Detecting iPhone 5 on Spotify

My Spotify Premium subscribtion used to work fine. But just now I was downloading new music, and organizing + adding it to new playlists when all of a sudden my local files stopped sycning to spotify. For some reason, my computer-app spotify doesnt n...

• My Spotify Premium subscribtion used to work fine.  But just now I was downloading new music, and organizing + adding it to new playlists when all of a sudden my local files stopped sycning to s...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Very slow radio streaming on iOS devices via Wi-Fi

DescriptionBasicly Spotify radio doesn't work via Wi-Fi on both of my iOS devices, even tho it works perfectly fine when using 3G connection. I experience some issues on my Windows PC atm as well (ocassional error 802 and slow transfer...), but on th...

• Casual Listener
  •  Description Basicly Spotify radio doesn't work via Wi-Fi on both of my iOS devices, even tho it works perfectly fine when using 3G connection. I experience some issues on my Windows PC atm as ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Not receiving device email

I have spotify premium and a 4th gen ipod touch and I am trying to sign in with a device code. I went to the page to receive my device password and it says the email is sent but I am not receiving the email. Is this not the right page or what is goin...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify premium and a 4th gen ipod touch and I am trying to sign in with a device code. I went to the page to receive my device password and it says the email is sent but I am not receiving th...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 4S playlist showing 0 songs

I have several playlists on my computer and all of them synch just fine with my mobile app except for one playlist. I am a premium subscriber. The playlist in question has about 2,500 songs on my computer but shows zero songs on my phone. I've tried ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have several playlists on my computer and all of them synch just fine with my mobile app except for one playlist.  I am a premium subscriber.    The playlist in question has about ...
  • lovelyxleeann
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stopped working on my iPhone after installing FitBit One activity tracker

I just installed FitBit One activity tracker (bluetooth) and since then I cannot play my Spotify. The lists come up, but the songs will not play! Any suggestions on how to fix this? Help...please! Thanks!

• I just installed FitBit One activity tracker (bluetooth) and since then I cannot play my Spotify.   The lists come up, but the songs will not play! Any suggestions on how to fix this?   &...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks don't play

Does anyone else have the issue where various songs in your offline playlists just won't play? The sit there and do nothing. No error. They work on my PC, my Mac and my iPad. Just not my iPhone. It's driving me mental.

• Casual Listener
  • Does anyone else have the issue where various songs in your offline playlists just won't play? The sit there and do nothing. No error. They work on my PC, my Mac and my iPad. Just not my iPhone. It's...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Artist and album name of a song grayed out. What it means?

I'm having the same trouble: I uploaded new local files so that I could listen to my favorite song, which is not available on Spotify. Everything synched fine -- except the one song I wanted. I closed out. I rebooted. I made available offline. I trie...

• I'm having the same trouble: I uploaded new local files so that I could listen to my favorite song, which is not available on Spotify. Everything synched fine -- except the one song I wanted. I c...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred Playlist Radio

I deleted a lot of songs in my starred list and replaced them with new ones, yet my mobile spotify app still plays the radio based on the deleted songs. There are currently 420 songs in my starred. I tried logining out and back in and I tried reinsta...

• I deleted a lot of songs in my starred list and replaced them with new ones, yet my mobile spotify app still plays the radio based on the deleted songs. There are currently 420 songs in my starred. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

New Album wont sycn to Ipad

A album that is new on Spotify wont synch to my Ipad? I am a premium sub. i have removed the app and reinstalled. Also i have DL two albums Directly to the ipad today it just wont download the New CLutch album Earth Rocker what the hell?

•  A album that is new on Spotify wont synch to  my Ipad? I am a premium sub. i have  removed the app and reinstalled. Also i have DL two albums Directly to the ipad today it just wont d...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes