Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Synced playlist consume 3G if NOT offline mode?

Hi I cant find a clear answer for this thus posted this question. Device: Iphone 5 (iOS 6.1.3) Status: Spotify premium Question: For the playlist I synced, will it consume 3G data if I play the song in this playlist WITHOUT swithching to OFFLINE mode...

• Regular
  • Hi   I cant find a clear answer for this thus posted this question.   Device: Iphone 5 (iOS 6.1.3) Status: Spotify premium   Question: For the playlist I synced, will i...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Iphone not showing up in devices/ Unable to sync local files

I just got spotify premium and I follow all the steps to try to sync my local files, but my phone will not show up under devices? Does anyone know how I can fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • I just got spotify premium and I follow all the steps to try to sync my local files, but my phone will not show up under devices? Does anyone know how I can fix this? 
  • cmule
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song not available and solution

Hi all, I am looking for this song. It is the OST for the russian movie 'Metpo'. The artist is called Bi-2 and Spotify has it but not the song. I searched in itunes and found out they do have it. Is there anyway I can purchase the song from itune and...

• Visitor
  • Hi all,   I am looking for this song.  It is the OST for the russian movie 'Metpo'. The artist is called Bi-2 and Spotify has it but not the song. I searched in itunes and found out they ...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing songs for offline play does not work!

I have a one month trial of premium (which i plan to continue) on a non-jailbroken phone. Everything works appropriately liike, Wifi, 3G, etc.. Please help, this is quite frustrating seeing as I've tried rebooting, reinstalling, the works. Any and al...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a one month trial of premium (which i plan to continue) on a non-jailbroken phone. Everything works appropriately liike, Wifi, 3G, etc.. Please help, this is quite frustrating seeing as I've t...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone saying Premium is required to play on my iPhone.

I have been playing on my phone since June 2012 with no problem and suddenly 2 days ago it all went offline and says I cannot play anything unless I upgrade to Premium which I already have and am paying £9.99 for the service. How can I get this worki...

• I have been playing on my phone since June 2012 with no problem and suddenly 2 days ago it all went offline and says I cannot play anything unless I upgrade to Premium which I already have and am pay...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium not working on my iPhone 3G

Hi, I just started a free trial of Spotify Premium but it won't work on my phone. I don't have a computer, so I haven't tried from one, yet. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I tried logging in outside of Facebook, but it just makes me l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I just started a free trial of Spotify Premium but it won't work on my phone. I don't have a computer, so I haven't tried from one, yet. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I tri...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New iPad app stops playing.. buffers... (longtime) ... plays few seconds...again buffering...

Hi, I got an iPad 1 (fyi not jailbroken). Installed yesterday the new Spotify app for iPad. Super... I thought. But it stops playing all the time and after a few minutes it continues... Why? Internet connection 120 MbWLAN N routerLAN 1Gbps Please Hel...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I got an iPad 1 (fyi not jailbroken). Installed yesterday the new Spotify app for iPad. Super... I thought. But it stops playing all the time and after a few minutes it continues... Why?...
  • spotifyquestion
  • Regular
  • 296 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 296 replies
  • 5 likes

Some playlists do not sync

I've been having a pretty annoying problem with some of my playlists. As we all know, Spotify's mobile app does not allow sorting by name, artist, etc., so I made three separate playlists, one for sorted albums, another for artists, and another for t...

• I've been having a pretty annoying problem with some of my playlists. As we all know, Spotify's mobile app does not allow sorting by name, artist, etc., so I made three separate playlists, one for so...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

US support for iPod

Okay...I've read through much of the help about iPod support currently unavailable in the US. I have a new iPod nano which isn't supported, but apparently the iPod Touch is. I would like to take all my Spotify offline music with me on a supported iPo...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay...I've read through much of the help about iPod support currently unavailable in the US. I have a new iPod nano which isn't supported, but apparently the iPod Touch is. I would like to take all ...
  • ssmith335
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist made by others search doesnt work

I have a problem, i tried to search for some new playlist on my ipad and iphone made by other users and nothing comes up. I mean for example i type summer and only things that are shown to me are albus, artists and song connected to that word. I reme...

• I have a problem, i tried to search for some new playlist on my ipad and iphone made by other users and nothing comes up. I mean for example i type summer and only things that are shown to me are alb...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to sync playlists to device

I just bought a new iPod shuffle and I want to sync my playlists from Spotify to it, but it doesn't. It says only local files synced. The iPod shows up in Spotify and everything seems to fine but its not syncing my playlists!!!! Help!

• I just bought a new iPod shuffle and I want to sync my playlists from Spotify to it, but it doesn't. It says only local files synced. The iPod shows up in Spotify and everything seems to fine but its...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Synching to Iphone

My account got deactivated and I reactivated the account. Now I am trying to synch everything to my phone and I receive an error message that says it can only synch local files. To members of the community: If you can help that would be great and I a...

• Casual Listener
  • My account got deactivated and I reactivated the account. Now I am trying to synch everything to my phone and I receive an error message that says it can only synch local files.  To members o...
  • hicksst
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble syncing non-local files for offline play on iPhone 5

I am a Premium user, with the latest version on the PC and iPhone 5 and the phone is up to date with it's iOS. My trouble is that I am unable to sync playlists for offline listening. I have tried logging out and logging back in, making sure the PC an...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a Premium user, with the latest version on the PC and iPhone 5 and the phone is up to date with it's iOS. My trouble is that I am unable to sync playlists for offline listening. I have tried log...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

This track is not full track, what gives? spotify:track:5kEIkZbYncfHJKmC7ZJdsa

Bonobo – Flutter Why is this track not complete? The actual song is 4:44. Spotify has it at truncated 1:37.

• Casual Listener
  • Bonobo – Flutter   Why is this track not complete? The actual song is 4:44. Spotify has it at truncated 1:37.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files Now showing up on my playlist on my iPhone 4

Hey everyone,I found my issue with the last problem I have posted.The other issue I have is some of my local files is not showing up on my playlist, at all when syncing to my phone, what may caused that? and do I have to sync all my local files to be...

• Regular
  • Hey everyone, I found my issue with the last problem I have posted. The other issue I have is some of&nbs...
  • MusicMayhem93
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! can you sync itunes purchased music to ipod through spotify?

I want to make the switch from itunes to spotify, I synced up my ipod to spotify but I noticed all of my purchased music from the itunes store did not transfer over to my ipod. Is there a way to sync purchased itunes music to your ipod when your ipod...

• Casual Listener
  • I want to make the switch from itunes to spotify, I synced up my ipod to spotify but I noticed all of my purchased music from the itunes store did not transfer over to my ipod.   Is there a ...
  • jarbet09
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Playlists resyncing

Hello, i have several offline playlists on my iPod Touch 5G which resync its songs over and over again though all songs are already synched and no changes happened at the playlists. I'd assume that offline playlists only sync after changes were taken...

• Hello, i have several offline playlists on my iPod Touch 5G which resync its songs over and over again though all songs are already synched and no changes happened at the playlists. I'd assume that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

ipad suddenly doesn't recognise my premium account

I've had a premium account for some time and it's paid up to date. I was listing on my ipad, logged in via facebook, when it suddenly stopped and gave me a message that my premium trial is over. I checked my account and it looks fine, premium payment...

• I've had a premium account for some time and it's paid up to date. I was listing on my ipad, logged in via facebook, when it suddenly stopped and gave me a message that my premium trial is over. I ch...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to keep iPad screen lit while playing music

Hi friends! I was wondering if there was a way to keep the screen on an iPad lit while playing music. I know that you can change the general settings to have the device never go into auto-lock, but I was looking for something that was Spotify app spe...

• Hi friends! I was wondering if there was a way to keep the screen on an iPad lit while playing music. I know that you can change the general settings to have the device never go into auto-lock, but I...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes