Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! facebookErrDomain 10000

Hi there, I wanted to give Spotify Premium a chance but it won't login on my iPhone. I have an iPhone 4S with the latest iOS version. What happens when I try to login via facebook: it switches to the facebook app, loads, switches back to spotify an t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I wanted to give Spotify Premium a chance but it won't login on my iPhone. I have an iPhone 4S with the latest iOS version. What happens when I try to login via facebook: it sw...
  • bdelay
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium user: Songs & playlists won't sync. Please help :(

The songs are listed on my playlists but they have not synced. I don't know what else I have to do. I have tried syncing my iphone to the mac, made sure I was on wifi, ???. Any suggestions welcomed!

• The songs are listed on my playlists but they have not synced.  I don't know what else I have to do.  I have tried syncing my iphone to the mac, made sure I was on wifi, ???.   Any s...
  • Kyatto
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

clean catch?

How to clean the Spotifys catche files on iOS? After a while the app (and this is a problem with many other apps.. the apps have to do this individually since its not a "empty all" in iOS...) are so large its starting to annoy me and leaving leaving ...

• How to clean the Spotifys catche files on iOS?  After a while the app (and this is a problem with many other apps.. the apps have to do this individually since its not a "empty all" in iOS...)...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

offline mode library

Hi at the moment i'm testing the spotify perium so i made a playlist for my iphone, if i'm on the road and don't like to stream. i've got this playlist in the offline mode. but now, if i'm in the offline mode on my phone, there is no library view. am...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   at the moment i'm testing the spotify perium so i made a playlist for my iphone, if i'm on the road and don't like to stream. i've got this playlist in the offline mode. but now, if i'm...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can sync localfiles

I have troubling syncing local files, this problem just accoured one day i didnt do anything odd. - I have tried to resync, uninstalling and reinstall software on both computer and iphone - i have tried to plug phone into computer, (spotify cant find...

• I have troubling syncing local files, this problem just accoured one day i didnt do anything odd.   - I have tried to resync, uninstalling and reinstall software on both computer and iphone ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

upgraded to subscription and still not working?!?

i downloaded the spotify app on my samsung galaxy nexus, ie android platform and after the trial finished i couldnt play my downloaded songs anymore so i upgradsd to spotify unlimited and it still wpuldnt work and ive uninstalled and reinstalled too!...

• i downloaded the spotify app on my samsung galaxy nexus, ie android platform and after the trial finished i couldnt play my downloaded songs anymore so i upgradsd to spotify unlimited and it still wp...
  • StevenR
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about Spotify and iPod

I had a quick question, I just got the premium service and wanted to put my playlists I created on my computer onto my iPod touch. Now I can listen to the playlists in offline mode through the app but is there a way that I can access those songs in t...

• Casual Listener
  • I had a quick question, I just got the premium service and wanted to put my playlists I created on my computer onto my iPod touch. Now I can listen to the playlists in offline mode through the app bu...
  • tjb
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad app new version won't stream anymore??

Upgraded to new spotify version on ipad2 and streaming is now woeful!! It takes around 40secs for a song to start streaming. Old version worked fine and was instant. Have tried reinstalling and diff stream setting but it's still rubbish.Please help

• Upgraded to new spotify version on ipad2 and streaming is now woeful!! It takes around 40secs for a song to start streaming. Old version worked fine and was instant. Have tried reinstalling and diff ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

lost all my playlists.

Hi. i logged on spotify through Facebook. But the problem is, that all my playlists are gone. I cant remember my loggin name, and when i tell spotify to send me resett pasword mail, i get nothing. So is there two users or one. wil i find my playlist ...

• Visitor
  • Hi. i logged on spotify through Facebook. But the problem is, that all my playlists are gone. I cant remember my loggin name, and when i tell spotify to send me resett pasword mail, i get nothing. So...
  • MWilliams
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Radio Plays Unrelated Artist!

Made a station based on artist "Dire Straits" then changed to a recommended station for artist "David Guetta". After about 5 songs on the "David Guetta" station it plays a "Dire Straits" song and I acidentally pressed the thumbs up button instead of ...

• Casual Listener
  • Made a station based on artist "Dire Straits"  then changed to a recommended station for artist "David Guetta".  After about 5 songs on the "David Guetta" station it plays a "Dire Stra...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Launch Center Pro URL scheme

Could the Spotify devs hook up with the Launch Center devs to support their URL shortcut schemes? I'd love to be able to jump directly to playlists or search (or whatever) with minimal clicks from my home screen.

• Casual Listener
  • Could the Spotify devs hook up with the Launch Center devs to support their URL shortcut schemes? I'd love to be able to jump directly to playlists or search (or whatever) with minimal clicks from my...
  • Francois
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Offline mode and data charges

When I use Spotify in offline mode on my Iphone 4s while I am away from my wireless network, is the app utilizing my 4g network and being charged against my data plan? Thanks

• When I use Spotify in offline mode on my Iphone 4s while I am away from my wireless network, is the app utilizing my 4g network and being charged against my data plan?  Thank...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

struggling to log in via wifi

we are struggling to log in with iphone or ipod touch. We used to be able to .. the username and password are correct but when its via tha wifi it wont log in. When I turn wifi off it accepts the username and password... help please as we cant get us...

• we are struggling to log in with iphone or ipod touch. We used to be able to .. the username and password are correct but when its via tha wifi it wont log in. When I turn wifi off it accepts the use...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Help ordering playlist on my iphone

On the spotify app on my phjne, none of my playlists are in a particular order, Is the only way to reorder them to drag each song 1 by 1? Like I would like my playlists to be alphabetical but I don't know how.

• Casual Listener
  • On the spotify app on my phjne, none of my playlists are in a particular order, Is the only way to reorder them to drag each song 1 by 1? Like I would like my playlists to be alphabetical but I don't...
  • schpuns
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

losing sync data after app update

After I had updated the spotify app (as suggested by the app store) all my downloaded playlists became unsychronized. The message said "you already have 3 devices using Spotify ofline". This is not true, the iphone is my only device. Very frustrating...

• After I had updated the spotify app (as suggested by the app store) all my downloaded playlists became unsychronized. The message said "you already have 3 devices using Spotify ofline". This is not t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does Spotify want access to my email adress??

Hi there, I have one question: Since a few days Spotify always asks for access to my email adress (via Facebook). On the computer I can simply click the X and it disappears. But on my iPhone I can't do it. Why does Spotify want access to my email adr...

• Hi there,   I have one question: Since a few days Spotify always asks for access to my email adress (via Facebook). On the computer I can simply click the X and it disappears. But on my iPho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio idle function on Premium/Free accounts

I do not think the radio should stop streaming or become deactivated after 10 minutes of being idle. I think the app should first detect if the account is premium and at that point turn off the disconnect/idle function. If we are paying, what is the ...

• I do not think the radio should stop streaming or become deactivated after 10 minutes of being idle. I think the app should first detect if the account is premium and at that point turn off the disco...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

i pad 1 spotify

How do I sync my playlists that I've chosen to be available in offline mode to my ipad so as I can listen to them when I have no internet connection. I already have premium, and have managed to sync to my android, but cant manage it with the pad. Hel...

• How do I sync my playlists that I've chosen to be available in offline mode to my ipad so as I can listen to them when I have no internet connection. I already have premium, and have managed to sync ...
  • Jude
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there 5 cap and 10 hour per month limit after 6 months on radio

I was wondering if after 6 months the 5 cap and 10 hour stuff will apply to radio on pc, mac and iOS. Only wondering just in case I get obsessed with spotify radio

• I was wondering if after 6 months the 5 cap and 10 hour stuff will apply to radio on pc, mac and iOS. Only wondering just in case I get obsessed with spotify radio
  • Jude
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

context menu missing

WHY is there Still no context menu in the search results when i keep my finger on a track??????????!!!!!!!!!!

• Regular
  • WHY is there Still no context menu in the search results when i keep my finger on a track??????????!!!!!!!!!!
  • Luebbi
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes