Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Music will not play without Data on

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can only share some of my playlists to insta stories, others give an error

Plan PremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 13.4.1 My Question or IssueSo I have seen an issue just now when I was trying to share a playlist of mine to stories. When I try to share it, it gives this error:This happens to another one of m...

F6BD9285-5BFB-4BA6-8003-8C9560268E17.png
  • Gig Goer
  • Plan  Premium Country UK Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 13.4.1   My Question or Issue So I have seen an issue just now when I was trying to share a playlist of mine to stor...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The sound while changing the song

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceiPhone7 My Question or IssueThis is new I guess. On the lock screen, when I push the next button there’s a sound like “click”. I don’t like it especially while listening with my headphone. Is there a way to turn it off??

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device iPhone7   My Question or Issue This is new I guess. On the lock screen, when I push the next button there’s a sound like “click”. I don’t like it espe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t Update Beta

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 11 Pro Max)Operating System(iOS 13.3.1) My Question or IssueI am part of the Beta program only issue is I had to remake my Apple ID and now o can’t update the Beta with Test Flight. How can I fix this. I need a new ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 11 Pro Max) Operating System (iOS 13.3.1)   My Question or Issue I am part of the Beta program only issue is I had to remake my Apple ID and now...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Choose whether to skip or fast forward using earbuds?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11Bose Soundsport FreeOperating SystemiOS 13.4.1 My Question or IssueHi! Is there a way I can set the controls so that they skip to the next episode of a podcast instead of fast forwarding 15 seconds? One of my podca...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 Bose Soundsport Free Operating System iOS 13.4.1   My Question or Issue Hi!  Is there a way I can set the controls so that they skip to...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Earbuds
    skip podcast
    Skip Track Shortcut
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Help with My iOS App (Account joined with Facebook)

First of all, my problem isn't with the account associated with this username, writing on behalf of another person. My problem is rather long, so please bear with me. I have a premium account in Colombia. When I first joined Spotify, it was through F...

• Visitor
  • First of all, my problem isn't with the account associated with this username, writing on behalf of another person.   My problem is rather long, so please bear with me. I have a premium accoun...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect jumps to chromecast bult-in

Good morning, PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceiPad mini 2 (2015)Operating SystemiOS 12.4.6 My Question or Issue I have recently experienced trouble when using Spotify connect: during listening, if the app wakes up on my controling device (iPad) my netw...

• Casual Listener
  • Good morning,   Plan Premium Country France Device iPad mini 2 (2015) Operating System iOS 12.4.6   My Question or Issue   I have recently experienced trouble when using S...
  • g0-gcwyb0_hpw
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Custom playlists ignore my songs and play random songs

My custom playlists keep turning off mid way through and playing random songs, which is very annoying when i am running. Any idea what to do?

• Casual Listener
  • My custom playlists keep turning off mid way through and playing random songs, which is very annoying when i am running.  Any idea what to do?
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • shuffle
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Keeps leaving my playlist

Hi, every time I play a playlist or genre Spotify changes to some French techno rap after a short period. I reselect my playlist but the problem recurs. I tried closing all accounts and re signing in to no avail. premiumiPhone 8Australia Device(iPhon...

• Hi, every time I play a playlist or genre Spotify changes to some French techno rap after a short period. I reselect my playlist but the problem recurs. I tried closing all accounts and re signing in...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't hear feedback sounds

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone XS with bluetooth headphones RHA TrueConnect Operating SystemiOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueFeedback sounds are enabled in my settings but don't play (they should play when I skip track, pause / play), no matter if I'm using ...

• Plan Premium   Device iPhone XS with bluetooth headphones RHA TrueConnect   Operating System iOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue Feedback sounds are enabled in my settings but ...
  • Baboofei
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Music Stops When An Ad Pops Up and Won't Play After

PlanFreeCountryU.S.A.DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 13.4.1 My Question or IssueEvery time I listen to the Falsettos (2016 Broadway Cast Recording) my music will just stop randomly and when I open my iPhone to see what is happening, a pop up ad wit...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country U.S.A. Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 13.4.1   My Question or Issue Every time I listen to the Falsettos (2016 Broadway Cast Recording) my music will just stop ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • AD Locks Spotify
    Ad stops music
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume gap not smooth when listening in headset

I listen Spotify on my Sony MDR-XB950N1 headset.The comfortable range of volume when listening is usually the lower range. However when adjusting the volumes at lower/lowest ranges, the differences in volume when adjusting the buttons on phone/headse...

• Casual Listener
  • I listen Spotify on my Sony MDR-XB950N1  headset. The comfortable range of volume when listening is usually the lower range.   However when adjusting the volumes at lower/lowes...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • volume
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Cover Image

in the new update pls let us change the playlist cover image on our iphone bc many of us do not own a laptop!! </3!! we broke!!tysm !!

• Visitor
  • in the new update pls let us change the playlist cover image on our iphone bc many of us do not own a laptop!! </3!! we broke!! tysm !!
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify music should stop while using other apps

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device iPhone (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue hi there, I just recently switched from android to iOS (from galaxy s8 to iPhone XR)...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device iPhone  (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or I...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

random music keeps on playing after turning off autoplay, HOW DO I DISABLE IT

PlanFreeCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone xsOperating SystemiOS 13 My Question or Issuerandom songs keep on playing even after I turned off autoplay

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Canada Device iPhone xs Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue random songs keep on playing even after I turned off autoplay  
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution IOS Spotify App doesn't show Sonos speaker

Hello everbody, i have a problem with my IOS app. Since the update on version 13.1 the spotify doesn´t show me my sonos speakers. All works perfect before, now there is no sonos to select. When i use the Mac App everything is fine. When i´m using the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everbody,   i have a problem with my IOS app. Since the update on version 13.1 the spotify doesn´t show me my sonos speakers.   All works perfect before, now there is no sonos to ...
  • real_mangocurry
  • Visitor
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes

Adding music to spotify

I’m trying to upload a song I have on download but all the guidance says to use “settings” next to the profile pic. But I don’t have a settings option, or a local files access, just account or log out! What am I not doing? I’ve tried this on s10+, ip...

• Visitor
  • I’m trying to upload a song I have on download but all the guidance says to use “settings” next to the profile pic. But I don’t have a settings option, or a local files access, just account or log ou...
  • Onewave
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot start a playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceiPhone Xs Operating SystemiOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueI’ve recently joined Spotify but I cannot start a playlist, nothing happens when I click on create a playlist and I’ve also tried it via going on a song an...

• Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device iPhone Xs  Operating System iOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue I’ve recently joined Spotify but I cannot start a playlist, nothing happen...
  • Onewave
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Hide song feature

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI don’t love the new “Hide song” feature and how it’s where the “add to playlist” option used...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I don’t...
  • Onewave
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone 11 play problem

Plan freeFree/PremiumCountry usa Deviceiphone 11 pro max Operating Systemios 13.4,1 My Question or IssueNew to spotify. Searched for Harry Belafonte at Carnegie Hall and downloaded using my PC. I can select and play any song on my PC. When I use my i...

• Visitor
  • Plan   free Free/Premium Country  usa   Device iphone 11 pro max  Operating System ios 13.4,1   My Question or Issue New to spotify. Searched for Harry Belafon...
  • Onewave
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes