Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Order songs playlist.

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevice(iPhone Operating System(iOS 13) My Question or IssueHello, I would like to order the songs from my playlist from recent to older aggregates, but with the mobile application I cannot. Any ideas? Hola, me gustaria sabe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 13)   My Question or Issue Hello, I would like to order the songs from my playlist from recent to older aggregate...
  • Perk87
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS queue isn't working properly

PlanPremium CountryUnited States DeviceiPhone 6s Operating SystemiOS 13.1.2 My Question or IssueMy queue has not worked properly for a while. The last track in the queue is never visible. Using the touchscreen to move tracks is jerky and will sometim...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium   Country United States   Device iPhone 6s   Operating System iOS 13.1.2   My Question or Issue My queue has not worked properly for a while. The last tr...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share anything to Instagram Stories

PlanPremiumCountryLithuaniaDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 13.1.2Spotify Version 8.5.25Instagram Version112.0 My Question or IssueCan't share anything (playlist, song, album, etc.) to Instagram Stories. Was working 2 weeks ago. Not working until t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Lithuania Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 13.1.2 Spotify Version  8.5.25 Instagram Version 112.0   My Question or Issue Can't share anything (playli...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Other] No rewind on lock screen iOS 13

Hello! When I lock my screen and I'm playing music I'm unable to rewind a song. A hamburger menu appears that allows me to Thumb up/down a song. How do I get rewind back? I've uninstalled the app a number of times, on a fresh install it works but wit...

• Visitor
  •   Hello!    When I lock my screen and I'm playing music I'm unable to rewind a song.    A hamburger menu appears that allows me to Thumb up/down a song.    H...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Next/Skip Song Bug

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueWhen I press next to skip a song it restarts that song instead. The song name changes but the album art will not. The song time/progress are blank. Pressing skip a second time s...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue When I press next to skip a song it restarts that song instead. The song name changes but the album art w...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I need an Old version of Spotify for a first gen IPad running ios 9.3

HiI'm a premium user with an old IPad mini Gen 1. I'm trying to install Spotify but it tells me it needs IOS 10. I did a search and found few suggestions (like dowloading old itune with app store, download spotify on it and then connect the ipad to t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I'm a premium user with an old IPad mini Gen 1. I'm trying to install Spotify but it tells me it needs IOS 10.  I did a search and found few suggestions (like dowloading old itune with app ...
  • steve846
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Queue bug

PlanFree/PremiumCountryNorwayDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 13.1.2 My Question or IssueThe queue in the iOS version does not work correctly. When I swipe left to right / add to queue from ... menu it says that the song is added to the queue. That...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Norway Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 13.1.2   My Question or Issue The queue in the iOS version does not work correctly. When I swipe left to right / ...
  • tranite
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t share the song on ig story

I already updated ios to 13.1.2 but it can't still share the song on ig story. What should I do? It takes a long time I see. I tried to re-install ig and spotify both but it doesn't work.

• Casual Listener
  • I already updated ios to 13.1.2 but it can't still share the song on ig story. What should I do? It takes a long time I see. I tried to re-install ig and spotify both but it doesn't work. 
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Download Spotify Song Through Spotify api Swift

I am developing an iPhone application with integrating Spotify SDK. Is there any way I can download the Spotify song through any Spotify Api or any other way because I developing a music application which change the song bpm (Beats Per Minutes). But ...

• Music Fan
  • I am developing an iPhone application with integrating Spotify SDK. Is there any way I can download the Spotify song through any Spotify Api or any other way because I developing&...
  • 07znuqb0rqaonpb
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files will not appear in iOS playlist

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.ADeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueI made a playlist from my local files on my pc and I clicked download on both the pc and my phone and none of the songs showed up. Both device were on the same accoun...

• Plan Premium Country U.S.A Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue I made a playlist from my local files on my pc and I clicked download on both the pc and m...
  • eltoch
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

‘Auto-lock while charging’ update extremely dangerous in car

When the update came out that turned on the auto-lock feature while iPhone is charging, it became extremely dangerous to use this app while driving. It's made it really hard to listen to music in the car because you have to go through steps to unlock...

• When the update came out that turned on the auto-lock feature while iPhone is charging, it became extremely dangerous to use this app while driving. It's made it really hard to listen to music in the...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! sharing to instagram stories

PremiumUSA DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueFor the past 5 days, I have not been able to share songs/playlists to Instagram stories for whatever reason. I have been getting the same error message "oops!..." and it's super frus...

• Visitor
  • Premium USA   Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue For the past 5 days, I have not been able to share songs/playlists to Instagram stories for whatever re...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

instagram, can not share the story. Please help to delete and install 2 applications.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

D41A565F-FA3A-45FF-A6B8-68A76F422525.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I CAN'T SHARE A SONG ON MY INSTAGRAM STORIES

I re instaled instagram and spotify and non of the seem to help me share my songs on my histories. HELP DeviceiPhone XsOperating SystemiOS 13

• I re instaled instagram and spotify and non of the seem to help me share my songs on my histories. HELP   Device iPhone Xs Operating System iOS 13      
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not sharing to Instagram story

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueFor the last three days when I have tried to share a song to my Instagram story I get the err...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue For the...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Wrong song displayed

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceiPhone 7 Operating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueWhen playing to a wireless speaker that has Spotify connect, if I skip to a specific song in the que the song display will not change on my phone. Only afte...

• Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device iPhone 7  Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue When playing to a wireless speaker that has Spotify connect, if I skip to a...
  • mattemge
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Wrong track information
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Shuffle only shuffling small subset of large playlist, when streaming to other device from iPhone

I'm on an iPhone 6s, I have a playlist of just ~8k songs., and I'm noticing weird behavior with the shuffle feature. Here are the steps I take to recreate the issues: (I am also attaching a collection of screenshots that are numbered based on the lis...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on an iPhone 6s, I have a playlist of just ~8k songs., and I'm noticing weird behavior with the shuffle feature. Here are the steps I take to recreate the issues: (I am also attaching a collectio...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 130 replies
  • 88 likes
  • Shuffle in playlists
  • 130 replies
  • 88 likes

Cannot delete a playlist

Monthly subscriptionDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 12.4.1 My Question or Issue:I followed a Spotify playlist called Echoes of Vietnam. Something happened with the playlist and it won’t let me unfollow it. In fact, none of the songs on that playlis...

• Casual Listener
  •   Monthly subscription Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 12.4.1   My Question or Issue: I followed a Spotify playlist called Echoes of Vietnam. Something happened with the playli...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading

Why are my playlists not downloading? It says waiting to download but it never happens. Why? PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Why are my playlists not downloading? It says waiting to download but it never happens. Why?  Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) O...
  • eltoch
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Blank liked songs list on new iphone

hi I just changed phone and logged into Spotify. All my playlists are there etc but the liked song list is simply blank. Screenshot attached.

• Visitor
  • hi I just changed phone and logged into Spotify. All my playlists are there etc but the liked song list is simply blank. Screenshot attached. 
  • eltoch
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes