Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Botched UX on new app: text truncation and item misalignment.

The new interface on an iPhone SE is barely usable: text is truncated all over the interface. Also, spacing is weird and unintuitive. This happens when setting language in french or english. See attached pictures for details PlanPremiumCountry Canada...

• Casual Listener
  • The new interface on an iPhone SE is barely usable:  text is truncated all over the interface.  Also, spacing is weird and unintuitive.  This happens when setting language in french or...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify icon 3D Touch problem

Hello everyone,PlanPremiumCountry TurkeyDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12.0.1 My Question or Issue My problem is basically when I press the Spotify icon firmly and hold it, the activated 3D Touch quick action panel does not show the most recently ...

• Regular
  • Hello everyone, Plan Premium Country  Turkey Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12.0.1   My Question or Issue  My problem is basically when I press the Spotify icon firmly...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Favorite songs not showing in iOS spotify app but are showing in desktop app

So, I found an old post about this same issue that was created over 5 months ago with no resolution, so I'm bringing it back up. Why has this not been fixed yet? Issue: The iOS spotify app is showing my "Favorite Songs" as empty, however, when I use ...

• Casual Listener
  • So, I found an old post about this same issue that was created over 5 months ago with no resolution, so I'm bringing it back up. Why has this not been fixed yet?   Issue: The iOS spotify app i...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Make Queue Accessible from the Home Screen

PlanPremiumCountryCANADA DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS latest version My Question or IssueMake Queue Accessible from the Home Screen so that we can see what's queued. There's no way to access the queue without playing something first which is ann...

• Plan Premium Country CANADA   Device iPhone X Operating System iOS latest version   My Question or Issue Make Queue Accessible from the Home Screen so that we can see what's ...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to switch music to other devices when using bluetooth headphones

I'm a free plan user using an iphone with the latest iOS (not beta) and can seamlessly switch music between my PC (Windows 10) and the phone without any problems when music is played through phone's dynamics. But when I turn on my bluetooth headphone...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a free plan user using an iphone with the latest iOS (not beta) and can seamlessly switch music between my PC (Windows 10) and the phone without any problems when music is played throug...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggestion algorithms should take into account song language

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceIphone 6sOperating SystemiOS12 My Question or IssueA chunk of song suggestions I get is in French or from French artists, which I generally hate. If I live in France, it doesn't mean I am going to like the songs from Fre...

• Plan Premium Country France Device Iphone 6s Operating System iOS12  My Question or Issue A chunk of song suggestions I get is in French or from French artists, which I generally hate. ...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle resets when you switch devices mid-stream

Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, since it affects ALL devices. I currently use iMac, iPhone, and Sonos. When I'm playing a playlist in Shuffle mode and switch from my iMac to another device mid-stream, the shuffle order resets and it starts pl...

• Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, since it affects ALL devices. I currently use iMac, iPhone, and Sonos. When I'm playing a playlist in Shuffle mode and switch from my iMac to another device mi...
  • unclnis
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!! [App] Searching for artist brings up a blank page

PlanPremiumCountry HungaryDeviceiPhone 3-4?Operating SystemiOS 10.3.3 My Question or Issue When I select a searched artist I get a blank page.

• Plan Premium Country  Hungary Device iPhone 3-4? Operating System iOS 10.3.3   My Question or Issue  When I select a searched artist I get a blank page. 
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App
    Artists View
    search results
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Changing order of songs doesn’t work

when I try to change the order of songs the one I chose to play next to play will work but then I goes right back to playing what it would have played before even if I moved something infront of it. It also says at the top that it’s playing them same...

• when I try to change the order of songs the one I chose to play next to play will work but then I goes right back to playing what it would have played before even if I moved something infront of it. ...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    order bug
    Queue bug
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

some local files won't sync

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPhone xs MaxOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueI have 9 mp3 files that are all part of same album I purchased. When I add them to my playlist from the desktop app (Mac) they all show up there and play fine but only...

• Plan Premium Country US  Device iPhone xs Max Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue I have 9 mp3 files that are all part of same album I purchased. When I add them to my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

What happenes to downloaded music of songs deleted from a followed playlist

Two question: First, if I've downloaded files from a playlist I'm following and the creator of that playlist deletes songs from that list, what happens to the downloaded tracks on my device? Second, is there a way to delete individual tracks I've dow...

• Music Fan
  • Two question:   First, if I've downloaded files from a playlist I'm following and the creator of that playlist deletes songs from that list, what happens to the downloaded tracks on my device?...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists Id never listen to starting on their own

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 6+Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue Spotify is playing playlists on its own. These playlists are not anything I have ever listened too. When I open the app on my iPhone it says it's playing off a chrome br...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 6+ Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue  Spotify is playing playlists on its own. These playlists are not anything I have ev...
  • lilymcauley
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot login to Spotify on my iPhone using Facebook

I cannot login to Spotify on my iPhone using Facebook knowing that I have my facebooks login info.PlanPremium plan just endedCountry USADeviceiPhone 10Operating SystemiOS 12

• I cannot login to Spotify on my iPhone using Facebook knowing that I have my facebooks login info. Plan Premium plan just ended Country  USA Device iPhone 10 Operating System iOS 12 &nb...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not all local files are syncing

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDevice(iPhone 7, Macbook Pro late 2011)Operating System(iOS 12, MacOS High Sierra) My Question or IssueHi! I've recently added like 500 songs as local files. Out of these 500 songs there are like 20 songs, from different "rec...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device (iPhone 7, Macbook Pro late 2011) Operating System (iOS 12, MacOS High Sierra)   My Question or Issue Hi!   I've recently added like 500...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play queue

Hi I have a premium spotify account and normally listening on my iphone 8.When i queue up tracks its always the first track that just shows itself as a blank space and its really annoying.There should be another wu tang track after that but it shows ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I have a premium spotify account and normally listening on my iphone 8. When i queue up tracks its always the first track that just shows itself as a blank space and its really annoying. There s...
  • esiebauer81
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

local files songs wont sync to i phone

Hello, I am having trouble syncing my local files to my I phone (it runs IOS 11) and was wondering how to fix this problem. the playlist there in is set to downloaded on both devices and there on the same network (and I have allowed windows firewall ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I am having trouble syncing my local files to my I phone (it runs IOS 11) and was wondering how to fix this problem.   the playlist there in is set to downloaded on both d...
  • legatpower
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play always starts with the same song

PlanPremiumCountryEngland DeviceIpod touch through a hama stereo separate running Spotify connectOperating SystemLatest iOS My Question or IssueEvery time I select Shuffle Play it plays Martha My Dear by the Beatles, which is on a playlist of over 2 ...

• Plan Premium Country England  Device Ipod touch through a hama stereo separate running Spotify connect Operating System Latest iOS   My Question or Issue Every time I se...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Driving mode warning

PlanPremiumCountrysweden DeviceiPhone 8/Apple CarPlay Operating System(iOS My Question or Issue Every time I start Spotify through CarPlay the warning comes “don’t drive while using Spotify” pops up. I get it why, but please let me answer the questio...

•   Plan Premium Country sweden   Device iPhone 8/Apple CarPlay  Operating System (iOS   My Question or Issue  Every time I start Spotify through CarPlay the warnin...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Carplay
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Where Discovery gone??

Yes PlanPremiumukDeviceIphone Operating Systemios12 My Question or Issue Where has the discover section gone in the latest iOS mobile update? It was the best thing about Spotify. Have they really just removed it??

• Casual Listener
  • Yes Plan Premium uk Device Iphone  Operating System ios12   My Question or Issue  Where has the discover section gone in the latest iOS mobile update? It was the best thing a...
  • Pwruss
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes

Explicit titles are shown even when Explicit Content filter is on (bug?)

We have family premium plan and my son listens to Spotify on his iPad with explicit content disabled. However, explicit song titles still show up greyed out (e.g. in his Discover Weekly playlist), even thougth the option Hide Unplayable Songs is swit...

• We have family premium plan and my son listens to Spotify on his iPad with explicit content disabled. However, explicit song titles still show up greyed out (e.g. in his Discover Weekly playlist), ev...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes