Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution Album Art Background Color

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12.3 My Question or Issue When I run the application and swipe up the song which I listened previous time, background color is always stay as black. After that the background color of the next...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12.3   My Question or Issue   When I run the application and swipe up the song which I listened previous tim...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Plays when I lock my iphone

If I pause Spotify on my iPhone XS (Latest version of iOS and spotify) the music stops. Then whenever I hit the lock button on the right side of the phone the music starts playing again? So I have to exit the spotify app every time which is incredibl...

• Casual Listener
  • If I pause Spotify on my iPhone XS (Latest version of iOS and spotify) the music stops. Then whenever I hit the lock button on the right side of the phone the music starts playing again? So I have to...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 21 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 25 likes

Superuser Contribution Save podcasts to listen later?

Hey there, People send me podcasts sometimes that I want to save and listen to later. At the moment I seem to be unable to make a playlist with podcasts. I know I can add them to the queue, but that is not what I am looking for since that I need to l...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there, People send me podcasts sometimes that I want to save and listen to later. At the moment I seem to be unable to make a playlist with podcasts. I know I can add them to the queue, but that ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Downloaded songs not playing

Hey, Random downloaded songs on my iPhone have suddenly stopped playing. I mainly listen to playlists and almost every other song freezes at the beginning and doesn’t play unless I have internet access even if it is downloaded and has played fine bef...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, Random downloaded songs on my iPhone have suddenly stopped playing. I mainly listen to playlists and almost every other song freezes at the beginning and doesn’t play unless I have internet acce...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PS4 not appearing on devices available

I have been stumped on this for days and after googling and tinkering I’m still no closer. Essentially about a week ago Spotify was working fine and I was able to play it through my phone on my PS4 without a problem. However one night I disconnected ...

• I have been stumped on this for days and after googling and tinkering I’m still no closer. Essentially about a week ago Spotify was working fine and I was able to play it through my phone on my PS4 w...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Music type changing automatically

Whenever i play a music, playlist etc after first song clasical musics playing aotomatically. They are always looking like next song how can i fix thatjPlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceIphone 6sOperating System(iOS 10, My Question or Issue

• Whenever i play a music, playlist etc after first song clasical musics playing aotomatically. They are always looking like next song how can i fix thatj Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Ipho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

When I finished call on the phone with bluetooth, Spotify switch automatically from pc to phone.

PlanPremiumDevice(iPhone, Macbook Pro)Operating System(iOS 10, macOS Mojave) My Question or IssueI listen Spotify on my pc. Also Spotify open on my phone. My phone is connected bluetooth headphone already. I make a phone call. As I speak on the phone...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device (iPhone, Macbook Pro) Operating System (iOS 10,  macOS Mojave)   My Question or Issue I listen Spotify on my pc. Also Spotify open on my phone. My phone is conne...
  • bwarren97
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Carplay] Library displays limited items

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone SECarplay Mazda 3Operating SystemiOS 12.3 My Question or IssueWhen using Spotify in Carplay in my Mazda 3, everything in my library seems to be limited. For example, let's say I have 20 playlists saved. But when using...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone SE Carplay Mazda 3 Operating System iOS 12.3   My Question or Issue When using Spotify in Carplay in my Mazda 3, everything in my library seems t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bluesound node 2i

NorwayNone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Window...

• Visitor
  • NorwayNone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9,...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Weekly playlists keep suggesting songs I don't like?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMoto G6Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueRecently I've had a song that keeps popping up on my weekly playlists in spite of the fact that I keep hitting 'dislike' when it comes up. I found an older thread that...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Moto G6 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Recently I've had a song that keeps popping up on my weekly playlists in spite of the ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When offline the swipe right motion on album tracks does not work as expected

Reading https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Reporting-a-bug-How-does-this-work/idi-p/908157, I went and found an existing thread https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Queue-swipe-won-t-work-offline/m-p/4329776, yet it seems bot...

• Casual Listener
  • Reading https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Reporting-a-bug-How-does-this-work/idi-p/908157, I went and found an existing thread https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Queue-swi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts aren’t updating after may 11th

Now I don’t know if this is normal but when i get on the app my podcasts aren’t being regularly updated and even when i look it up on safari and try to play it, it just plays the latest episode in the library

• Casual Listener
  • Now I don’t know if this is normal but when i get on the app my podcasts aren’t being regularly updated and even when i look it up on safari and try to play it, it just plays the latest episode in th...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify iOS app skips in the middle of the song

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS10 My Question or IssueI have subscribed to a public playlist called Beast Mode and everytime I play the song “Wow” by Post Malone in that playlist, it would skip to the next song in the middle of the song ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone X Operating System iOS10   My Question or Issue I have subscribed to a public playlist called Beast Mode and everytime I play the song “Wow” by Post Malone i...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Only Shuffle possible. Premium Account.

Since yesterday I cannot start playing albums / playlists. Only shuffle mode is available. I have a premium account (even shown in my account settings, status is ok). iOS, Spotify 8.5.5.715 Log Off / Log on did not help. Reinstallation of the app did...

• Since yesterday I cannot start playing albums / playlists. Only shuffle mode is available. I have a premium account (even shown in my account settings, status is ok). iOS, Spotify 8.5.5.715 Log Off /...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Repeat always on

Plan - PremiumCountry - U.S.A DeviceiPhone SROperating System12.2 So everytime I go to click on a recently new released song and play that song. There may be only one track. Then it repeats itself after it has played. Sometimes, I do this at a red li...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan - Premium Country - U.S.A   Device iPhone SR Operating System 12.2   So everytime I go to click on a recently new released song and play that song. There may be only one t...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution apple watch

am i able to listen to spotify from my apple watch 3 via my wireless earpods?? i have the app on my watch but it does NOT play??

• Casual Listener
  • am i able to listen to spotify from my apple watch 3 via my wireless earpods??  i have the app on my watch but it does NOT play??
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

podcast download speed

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS10 My Question or IssueI have a new phone, latest version of app, family premium account, plenty of data, can save songs fast, but downloading podcasts is almost impossible - spinning wheel...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS10   My Question or Issue I have a new phone, latest version of app, family premium account, plenty of data, can sav...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Carplay iOS - forwards two seconds on app switch

When I switch to another app, dag Google Maps, and then back to Spotify in Apple Carplay it forwards the track 2 seconds every time. It just recently started to do this and it's not a behavior I have seen before. On latest version of Spotify on iOS.

• Casual Listener
  • When I switch to another app, dag Google Maps, and then back to Spotify in Apple Carplay it forwards the track 2 seconds every time. It just recently started to do this and it's not a behavior I have...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I’ve made a massive mistake and thumbed up Al Stewart’s Year of the Cat. I don’t want to hear it!

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • How to undo a thumbs up
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I revert to old version of Spotify?

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceIPhone XR Operating System My Question or IssueHi there,Is it possible to revert to the previous version as the latest update is awfulMany thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device IPhone XR   Operating System     My Question or Issue Hi there, Is it possible to revert to the previous version as the latest update is ...
  • Poon-Job
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes