Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Iphone XS MAX connection with cable aux to car

Hi, i have a query, i just get my new iphone xs max and when i connect my cable usb to my car (mazda 2 hb) in the aux device to listen to spotify appears "no contents" whay can i do?

• Hi, i have a query, i just get my new iphone xs max and when i connect my cable usb to my car (mazda 2 hb) in the aux device to listen to spotify appears "no contents" whay can i do?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lock screen

Hello Can i Remove Spotify from my lock screen without closing the app? If i forget to close it, Spotify is allways on my lock screen pleae help

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   Can i Remove Spotify from my lock screen without closing the app?  If i forget to close it, Spotify is allways on my lock screen   pleae help  
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files on mobile device

Hi all, we do have a Premium Family account. I try to add a local file to my playlist according to the instructions provided. Worked all good on my desktop app (MacBook). Only thing that is confusing is that there is no proper timing associated with ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   we do have a Premium Family account. I try to add a local file to my playlist according to the instructions provided. Worked all good on my desktop app (MacBook). Only thing that is ...
  • olivertoma
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music

recently I have problem with playing music. Every time when I’m starting listening album or daily mix after first song of my choice spotyfie playing the Beatles. Anybody have similar issues? Matt

• Casual Listener
  •   recently I have problem with playing music.  Every time when I’m starting listening album or daily mix after first song of my choice spotyfie playing the Beatles.  Anybody have si...
  • Matt1128
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Middle of song interruption

I have been have a very frustrating issue. 1) when listening to a song while driving, my song would randomly start playing on someone else’s unrelated device. My music continues playing, but I am unable to listen. Also the app shows my song is playin...

• I have been have a very frustrating issue. 1) when listening to a song while driving, my song would randomly start playing on someone else’s unrelated device. My music continues playing, but I am una...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist only plays 1 song then puts 80’s music In a queue, I pay so I can listen to music I don’t

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) Playlist only plays 1 song then puts 80’s music In a queue, I pay so I can listen to music I don’t

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   Playlist only plays 1 song th...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant rearrange the order is tracks in any of my playlists

PlanFreeCountryU.S.ADeviceIPadOperating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueNONE of my playlists will allow me to rearrange the order of the tracks in them. I tried changing the filters, I tried logging out and in, I tried deleting the app and reins...

2C4E6E16-AFFA-4A0B-922A-EB47CDFF95EA.png CEBBD2E0-54BC-484E-853D-95F1E372D1C3.png 70812E76-4F54-41B2-894D-380C51DDEBA9.png 036A8CAB-F8ED-44FF-B667-C64D482BAB76.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country U.S.A Device IPad Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue NONE of my playlists will allow me to rearrange the order of the tracks in them. I tried ...
  • DimitriDeAlencar
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • edit playlists
    rearrange songs
    songs have x next to them
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Adds 'Word' Genre For Audiobooks, Meditations, Poetry, Language Learning and More

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone X)Operating System(iOS 12.2, spotify 8.5.7My Question or Issuere: https://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2019/02/spotify-adds-word-genre-for-audiobooks-meditations-poetry-language-learning-and-more-.html where is the new wo...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone X) Operating System (iOS 12.2, spotify 8.5.7 My Question or Issue re: https://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2019/02/spotify-adds-word-genre-for-audiobooks-me...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Down voting is broken

I am running the current version of Spotify (as of May 2019) on an iPad Air 1 on iOS 12.x and have been experiencing a problem with downvoting songs within playlist radio stations. When I down vote the song I don't like not only that song but also th...

• Casual Listener
  • I am running the current version of Spotify (as of May 2019) on an iPad Air 1 on iOS 12.x and have been experiencing a problem with downvoting songs within playlist radio stations. When I down vote t...
  • molecool
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Car mode bug

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 12.3My Question or IssueWhile in car mode (activated by bluetooth connection to car audio) there is significant unused black bar at the bottom (below control keys).

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 12.3 My Question or Issue While in car mode (activated by bluetooth connection to car audio) there is significant unused bla...
  • jfeliga
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bug in Spotify IOS app

There is an Israeli news app called “Calcalist” by Yedioth Internet, mostly used to read news pieces. When I'm listening to spotify app and open the news app, after a few seconds the music stops! Im using iphoneX latest IOS. Hope you’ll fix this soon

• Casual Listener
  • There is an Israeli news app called “Calcalist” by Yedioth Internet, mostly used to read news pieces. When I'm listening to spotify app and open the news app, after a few seconds the music stops! Im ...
  • Yos_s
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iPhone & iPad changes don‘t sync

When I find a new artists and decide to follow him, add a song to my library, delete a song, add a song to a playlist or try to change anything in my library on my iPhone and then decide to listen to music on my iPad, the changes don’t occur until I ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I find a new artists and decide to follow him, add a song to my library, delete a song, add a song to a playlist or try to change anything in my library on my iPhone and then decide to listen to...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot Change Song via Car Controls While Connected To My Car Via USB

Hey all, I recently switched from Apple Music to Spotify Premium, and I am unable to change the song with my steering wheel controls or the dashboard controls. I had been able to do this with Apple Music, and even a couple years back when I tried out...

• Hey all,   I recently switched from Apple Music to Spotify Premium, and I am unable to change the song with my steering wheel controls or the dashboard controls. I had been able to do this wit...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound Quality when streaming to Apple TV

PlanPremiumCountrySwdenDeviceiPhone 5, PC, Apple TV My Question or IssueI wonder will I get more or less the same sound quality at these setups: - PC with optical out connected to my DAC. - Stream from iPhone over WiFi to Apple TV via hdmi audio extr...

• Plan Premium Country Swden Device iPhone 5, PC, Apple TV   My Question or Issue I wonder will I get more or less the same sound quality at these setups:   - PC with optical out co...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not connecting with Alexa

My Spotify used to work through my Alexa. Now when I look at my Alexa my Spotify option is grayed out. PlanPremiumCountry USADevice(iPhone 8, Operating System(iOS 10,

• My Spotify used to work through my Alexa. Now when I look at my Alexa my Spotify option is grayed out.  Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 8,  Operating System (iOS 10,  &...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

[HELP] Unable to open SMS song links directly in Spotify (iOS)

I am in the US using a Premium account on an iPhone 7 on iOS version 12.3. Until very recently, I was able to open the Spotify app directly by opening a link sent via text. This worked for iMessage, SMS, Messenger, Signal, etc. I updated my Spotify a...

• I am in the US using a Premium account on an iPhone 7 on iOS version 12.3.   Until very recently, I was able to open the Spotify app directly by opening a link sent via text. This worked for i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify connect broken with Avahi

Hello, Spotify connect for iOS across Avahi is broken starting with version 8.5.6 (released two days ago). As of 8.5.6, Spotify does not list Denon devices. However it sees (and allows use of) Airplay protocol with both Denon and AppleTV devices. Ple...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, Spotify connect for iOS across Avahi is broken starting with version 8.5.6 (released two days ago). As of 8.5.6, Spotify does not list Denon devices. However it sees (and allows use of) Airpla...
  • dennypage
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why I’m not seeing storylines?

PlanPremiumCountryPortugal DeviceiPhone 8 My Question or IssueEveryone is talking about storylines, I have the latest version of the app and I couldn’t see them! Can you fix this and make available to all markets?thx

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Portugal   Device iPhone 8   My Question or Issue Everyone is talking about storylines, I have the latest version of the app and I couldn’t see them! C...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify issue in Car Play

More and more often Spotify does not work in my 2019 Mercedes Benz C Class. I can see only blank sheets or simple announcement with “null” problem. It is very disapointing. Also I do not know how to set up a Spotify so as it shows only downloaded son...

• More and more often Spotify does not work in my 2019 Mercedes Benz C Class. I can see only blank sheets or simple announcement with “null” problem. It is very disapointing. Also I do not know how to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

De hele tijd als ik een nummer aan zet stopt die met afspelen weet iemand wat ik moet doen?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes