Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Why am I getting notifications about new music in the app when I have ALL notifications off

So, got told about a new In Flames album with a full screen notification in the app that I had to click through to get to the music I was already playing. Stop that right now. I don't even follow that artist and I turned off ALL notifications for a r...

• Casual Listener
  • So, got told about a new In Flames album with a full screen notification in the app that I had to click through to get to the music I was already playing. Stop that right now. I don't even follow tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I log in but can’t do anything

I log in and saw that it did not work so I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it as well as restarting my device and then reinstalling multiple times and it still does not work.Planpremium family Country USADevice iPhone 6s iPhone 6sOperating Sy...

• I log in and saw that it did not work so I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it as well as restarting my device and then reinstalling multiple times and it still does not work. Plan premium f...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PREMIUM USER - Lost my local files on my IPAD...can't download them now

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceIPad ProOperating System(iOS 12 My Question or Issue I lost my Local Files on my IPad. In fact, now I can't even download them. They show up fine on my desktop Spotify in 'Local Files'. I have logged out and logged in and ...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device IPad Pro Operating System (iOS 12   My Question or Issue  I lost my Local Files on my IPad. In fact, now I can't even download them. They sho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can not save songs to library

hello, I am unable to save songs to my library has there been some sort of change on Spotify? I deleted-reinstalled signed off and on turned phone off and on nothing seems to work. Thanks!PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 8Operating My Question or Issu...

• hello, I am unable to save songs to my library has there been some sort of change on Spotify? I deleted-reinstalled signed off and on turned phone off and on nothing seems to work.  Thanks! Pla...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Genius does not work.

PlanPremiumCountry TurkeyDeviceiPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or Issue Genius behind the lyrics does not work. And i cant find genius in the settings. I tried reinstall, logout login.

• Plan Premium Country  Turkey Device iPhone 7 Plus Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue  Genius behind the lyrics does not work. And i cant find genius in the se...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Login to Facebook but it never connects

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 8+Operating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueI created an account using my email. I wanted to connect with friends, so via the Spotify app->Your Library->Profile->click Find Friends, I selected Connect to Facebo...

• Plan Premium Country USA  Device iPhone 8+ Operating System iOS 12.1.4  My Question or Issue I created an account using my email. I wanted to connect with friends, so via the Spoti...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No album art for certain local files

My Question or Issue I have lots of local files on my phone, all of which work fine, but for this certain album I can't get it to show the album art. I've used mp3tag to change the cover art, remove tags and apostrophes, deleted and reuploaded the so...

•    My Question or Issue  I have lots of local files on my phone, all of which work fine, but for this certain album I can't get it to show the album art. I've used mp3tag to change t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • album artwork gone
    Cover Art
    local file
    Local files for Spotify Mobile
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

My local files have disappeared from my IPad

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceIPAD ProsOperating System(iOS 11 My Question or Issue I had hundreds of local files from my computer on my IPad. Last night I went in to listen to them and they are all gone. Any idea on how that could've happened? I am cu...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device IPAD Pros Operating System (iOS 11   My Question or Issue  I had hundreds of local files from my computer on my IPad. Last night I went in to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Behind the lyrics button disappear

Hello this morning the button of the option behind the lyrics in the "playback" section in the settings of spotify is gone, I went on the settings of my profile spotify and among the apps that can access to spotify genius is gone. How can I make the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello this morning the button of the option behind the lyrics in the "playback" section in the settings of spotify is gone, I went on the settings of my profile spotify and among the apps that can ac...
  • Evrinud
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Editing Playlists - Restore Previous Feature!!

As a longtime Spotify user, I'm disappointed with the way that, when editing a playlist as music is playing, all text (including the song playing) is white. It used to be that the text of the song playing was green, giving you a sense of where in the...

• As a longtime Spotify user, I'm disappointed with the way that, when editing a playlist as music is playing, all text (including the song playing) is white. It used to be that the text of the song pl...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Spotify can't play this right now." - Previous solutions don't work

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 6SOperating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueOkay, I know this is an issue that's been talked to death here already, but none of the solutions provided have worked for me. I get that "Spotify can't play this r...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 6S Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue Okay, I know this is an issue that's been talked to death here already, but none of the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • error message
    iOS
    iOS 12
    won't play
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music choking: when I am playing any cached song in my iphone iOS 12.1.4 (16D57)

PlanFree/PremiumCountryBrazilDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or Issue Even if I close any concurrent apps in my iPhone, from time to time the music "chokes". I don´t have any idea what to do to avoid this... Currently I am using ...

• Plan Free/Premium Country Brazil Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue  Even if I close any concurrent apps in my iPhone, from time to time the music ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Accidentally tapping a track obliterates your queue

PlanPremiumCountry United States DeviceiPhone XS Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueI'm not sure if this belongs here or as an Idea, but the other day I ran into a really, really annoying behavior in the mobile app (and it probably happens on...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  United States   Device iPhone XS   Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue I'm not sure if this belongs here or as an Idea, but th...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Queue issues
    UI
    UX
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Interfaz de actualización

Tengo un problema con una actualización que salió hace unas semanas, me di cuenta que el interfaz de Spotify había cambiado en dispositivos de otros, pero en el mío no.Tengo las últimas versiones (actualizaciones)pero no me cabmbia el interfaz de la ...

• Tengo un problema con una actualización que salió hace unas semanas, me di cuenta que el interfaz de Spotify había cambiado en dispositivos de otros, pero en el mío no. Tengo las últimas versiones (...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • actualización
    interfaz
    problema
    solución.
    versión
    versión 8.4.95.1194
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Auto Update off?

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone XROperating System12.1.4 My Question or Issue:Spotify has been removing and then putting back the "New Releases for you" in the discover section. I love that option! I would rather keep it. I checked today and it wa...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device iPhone XR Operating System 12.1.4   My Question or Issue: Spotify has been removing and then putting back the "New Releases for you" in the disc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify and Alexa

My spotify app freezes like crazy when it’s connected to Alexa. I can only control spotify through Alexa with my voice.

• My spotify app freezes like crazy when it’s connected to Alexa. I can only control spotify through Alexa with my voice.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song is played on web player just fine but it listed as unavailble or just doesnt show up in app

PlanPremiumCountry UsaDeviceIphone XOperating SystemiOS 10 So i really love this song and have wanted to put it on my playlist for a long time, but after searching through all of the artists song it didnt show up on the app. I diddnt think much of it...

•   Plan Premium Country  Usa Device Iphone X Operating System iOS 10    So i really love this song and have wanted to put it on my playlist for a long time, but after sea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not syncing local files from PC to Iphone

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8Operating System(iOS 10 My Question or Issue So I got a bunch of local files which i imported into my playlist on PC and it works fine on PC. However, I try to sync it on my phone and it doesn't work. (Same wifi netw...

• Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8 Operating System (iOS 10   My Question or Issue   So I got a bunch of local files which i imported into my playlist on PC and it wor...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding Local Files To iPhone

I've been trying to add my local files to my iPhone however, none of the ways I've seen have worked. I have it in a playlist and I've downloaded it both on my phone and desktop but nothing appears on the playlist in my phone. For some reason my phone...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been trying to add my local files to my iPhone however, none of the ways I've seen have worked. I have it in a playlist and I've downloaded it both on my phone and desktop but nothing appears on...
  • JimJones96
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes