Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

iPhone battery drains when using AirPods

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue A friend and I are having the same issue: Spotify drains our iPhone battery excessively, but only when playing downloaded music over AirPods. I haven't tested it...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  A friend and I are having the same issue: Spotify drains our iPhone battery exce...
  • almondmilk96
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone does not ring while listening to Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 6Operating System11.4 My Question or Issue When I listen to music through Bluetooth, when a phone call comes in, the music mutes, but I do not hear a ring tone. This does not happen with the iOS music app. This is...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 6 Operating System 11.4   My Question or Issue   When I listen to music through Bluetooth, when a phone call comes in, the music mutes, ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bug] Song queue not working properly

PlanPremiumCountryAustria DeviceiPhone XsOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue Recently the play queue stopped working correctly on iOS 12. When rearranging songs in the queue the changes are not saved. Also when selecting more songs to either ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Austria   Device iPhone Xs Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue   Recently the play queue stopped working correctly on iOS 12. When rearrangi...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I don’t have the spotify update?

PlanPremiumCountrythe Netherlands DeviceIphone 7Operating Systemios 12Yesterday the new update came out.I read on a site that the update is available for free/premium users all around the world. My friends all have it, except me.. I have tried redown...

•   Plan Premium Country the Netherlands   Device Iphone 7 Operating System ios 12 Yesterday the new update came out. I read on a site that the update is available for free/premium...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iOS Queue Bug

PlanStudent PremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue I've been experiencing an ongoing bug in the Spotify app where whenever I add a song to my queue for the first time (when my queue is empty), the song adds to my...

•  Plan Student Premium Country  USA Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 12     My Question or Issue  I've been experiencing an ongoing bug in the Spotify app wher...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

After downloading the whole playlist to my phone, the playlist stops to update

Student PremiumCountry Hong KongIPhone X So, right after I downloaded the whole playlist, for example Spinning Records's Brand new. The playlist will not update the songs and I assume that the playlist will update by Spinning Records. Is it normal or...

• Student Premium Country Hong Kong IPhone X     So, right after I downloaded the whole playlist, for example Spinning Records's Brand new. The playlist will not update the songs and I a...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist credits not working properly?

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceiPad 9.7 2018Operating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or IssueWhenever I attempt to access the artist credits, they don’t seem to work properly- they show up on screen for a split second before they disappear, so that I can’...

• Plan Premium Country Poland Device iPad 9.7 2018 Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue Whenever I attempt to access the artist credits, they don’t seem to work properly- the...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

keeps on switching from free trial to premium

so my mum just tried signing up to Spotify premium family, she invited me and i got it strait away but she was still waiting on hers. she ended up buying the normal membership (because she didn’t know that it was eventually going to update) and is on...

• Visitor
  • so my mum just tried signing up to Spotify premium family, she invited me and i got it strait away but she was still waiting on hers. she ended up buying the normal membership (because she didn’t kno...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
    Pls help
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

repetition track all the time

It happens all the time When I heard a song from my library on a playlist but it doesn’t show up like I have already add this song to my library when I add it to my library it will become so many same song

• It happens all the time When I heard a song from my library on a playlist but it doesn’t show up like I have already add this song to my library when I add it to my library it will become  so ma...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some offline downloaded songs randomly disappear

I PlanPremiumCountry UkDeviceiPhone X Operating System(iOS 12, but been happening for years on my iPhone 6 too My Question or Issue Some of my songs downloaded and saved for offline listening randomly disappear. Ive read a lot online and it’s not my ...

• Regular
  • I Plan Premium Country  Uk Device iPhone X  Operating System (iOS 12, but been happening for years on my iPhone 6 too   My Question or Issue  Some of my songs downloaded...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Radio Stations consistently have the same songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue I've noticed that Spotify's "Radio Stations" are really just playlists that never change. Is this the expected behavior? With other services like Google Play Music, whenev...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue   I've noticed that Spotify's "Radio Stations" are really just playlists that never change...
  • phideaux
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Sharing a Track artwork

iOS 12 current Spotify version I share my music and promote Spotify on Strava. When tapping the track cover and saving to photos it used to have the human readable text aswell as the barcode. This has been dropped to just the barcode. Can I have the ...

IMG_9572.JPG IMG_9685.JPG
  •   iOS 12 current Spotify version   I share my music and promote Spotify on Strava.  When tapping the track cover and saving to photos it used to have the human readable text aswell ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums partially downloaded for local files

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone XSOperating System(iOS 12, Windows 10) My Question or IssueI'm trying to download some albums that are not on Spotify using local files however it says that the album is downloaded but only 2 songs show up when ther...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone XS Operating System (iOS 12, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I'm trying to download some albums that are not on Spotify using local file...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why do playlists privacy settings keep reverting back to public

PlanPremiumCountry New ZealandDeviceiPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemiOS 11.2.6 My Question or Issue Why do playlist privacy settings keep reverting back on their own? This is makes me feel like I’ve lost all privacy on Spotify. I’ve always had certain p...

• ...wn? This is makes me feel like I’ve lost all privacy on Spotify. I’ve always had certain playlists set to private (would say “make public” on iOS) , but suddenly I check and it says “make secret”!! When t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    playlist privacy
    Playlists
    Privacy
    Public
    secret
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files from Macbook Pro not syncing to iPhone 8 Plus

I have Spotify Premium and I'm trying to sync my local files from my Macbook Pro to my iPhone 8 Plus. I am on the same wifi network and they are not syncing. I have created playlists on my laptop with these local files and when I open this playlist o...

• Regular
  •     I have Spotify Premium and I'm trying to sync my local files from my Macbook Pro to my iPhone 8 Plus. I am on the same wifi network and they are not syncing. I have created playlists ...
  • Skawachi
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist don't continue

PlanPremiumCountryAustria DeviceiPhone 5SOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue I'm using Spotify on my Mac at Work and in the evening on my iPhone. I start listening a Playlist in the evening, stop it, when i'm go to sleep and on the next eveni...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Austria   Device iPhone 5S Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue   I'm using Spotify on my Mac at Work and in the evening on my iPhone. I star...
  • toledomarcela
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music playing problem

Plan PremiumCountry TexasDeviceIphone xOperating System(iOS 12) Why when i play song on my playlists it plays fine but when i look up an artist it only plays that one song and when i click on the next button it comes back to the same song im order to...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Texas Device Iphone x Operating System (iOS 12)   Why when i play song on my playlists it plays fine but when i look up an artist it only plays that one...
  • Jesusalvarado21
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Continue playing playlist when finished on Spotify Connect speaker

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone8, Libratone Zipp Mini speaker My Question or IssueI've made a playlist. When the playlist is finished it doesn't automatically continue playing similar songs. I found out this is because I always play via an external speaker ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium    Device iPhone8, Libratone Zipp Mini speaker   My Question or Issue I've made a playlist. When the playlist is finished it doesn't automatically continue playing ...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist tracks don't appear on iOS app

PlanPremiumCountryUSE Device(iPhone XS, Macbook early 2015)Operating System(iOS 12) My Question or Issue So, a few days ago I found that all my playlists had disappeared. Some new ones were added with names and tracks that I've ever heard of. I was w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USE   Device (iPhone XS, Macbook  early 2015) Operating System (iOS 12)   My Question or Issue  So, a few days ago I found that all my playlists ha...
  • andyzimney
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unavailable songs' copies won't download

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands DeviceiPhone 7+Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueWhen a song is unavailable in your country, but you have bought a copy of it elsewhere (because of this...), Spotify won't allow you to download the local file to...

• Plan Premium Country Netherlands   Device iPhone 7+ Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue When a song is unavailable in your country, but you have bought a copy of it el...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    unavailable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes