Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Adding albums

Is there a way to add albums to your playlists? It would be easier than individually adding songs. When I click on the three dots by the album that option is not available. I only have three options there: like, view artist, or share. AccountFreeCoun...

• Regular
  • Is there a way to add albums to your playlists? It would be easier than individually adding songs. When I click on the three dots by the album that option is not available. I only have three options ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble downloading songs on iPhone 6

PlanPremiumCountry Hong Kong DeviceiPhone 8 My Question or Issue I was trying to download songs off my Spotify premium but there isn’t an option for it. I can save it to a playlist but I can’t seem to download them ?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Hong Kong  Device iPhone 8   My Question or Issue  I was trying to download songs off my Spotify premium but there isn’t an option for it. I can save...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Editing Your Playlist On Random

Plan:PremiumCountry:CanadaDevice:iPhone 6s+Operating System:iOS 11.4.1 My Question or Issue: Since updating to Spotify version 8.4.70 I appear to have lost the ability to edit a playlist while it plays in random - move or delete songs - unless they h...

• Plan:Premium Country:Canada Device:iPhone 6s+ Operating System:iOS 11.4.1   My Question or Issue:   Since updating to Spotify version 8.4.70 I appear to have lost the ability to edit...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete certain songs in a album from library

Hi, i’m quite new to Spotify, I have an album in my library with quite a few acoustic tracks on it. How do I delete those acoustic tracks and sync over to my other devices (iPhone/iPad/ Sky Q box) thanks PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperat...

• Visitor
  • Hi, i’m quite new to Spotify,  I have an album in my library with quite a few acoustic tracks on it.  How do I delete those acoustic tracks and sync over to my other devices (iPhone/iP...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Like & Dislike buttons not always show up in app

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 11 My Question or IssueI can't figure out why Like & Dislike buttons not always show up in the iOS app Discover Weekly/Release Radar playlists, while they are always visible on desktop. In one screenshot t...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue I can't figure out why Like & Dislike buttons not always show up in the iOS app Discover Weekly/Release Ra...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

30 minutes of ad-free music not working

So when the popup asking if I want 30 minutes of ad-free music shows up, i tap on the “watch video” button but instead of giving me the video it acts like i skipped the video entirely then doesn’t give me 30 seconds of ad-free music. This has been ha...

• Visitor
  • So when the popup asking if I want 30 minutes of ad-free music shows up, i tap on the “watch video” button but instead of giving me the video it acts like i skipped the video entirely then doesn’t gi...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

how to delete downloaded music? (2018)

im having touble deleting downloaded music from spotify off my iphone. there are a few older threads about this, but the app has since change to only clear the cache through the storage tab. any advice? thanks

• Casual Listener
  •     im having touble deleting downloaded music from spotify off my iphone. there are a few older threads about this, but the app has since change to only clear the cache through the stora...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio-Songs marked as favorite dont show Up in radio-favorite playlist

PlanPremiumCountry Germany DeviceiPhone 8Operating System11.4.1 iOS My Question or Issue i often hear Radio and click on the "heart" - Icon to add a Song to the library/favorite-song playlist. But the list does not refresh. Yesterday i marked some Ne...

• Plan Premium Country  Germany  Device iPhone 8 Operating System 11.4.1 iOS    My Question or Issue  i often hear Radio and click on the "heart" - Icon to add a Song...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to get spotify on an iPad that won't run iOS 10

DeviceiPad 2Operating System(iOS 9) My Question or Issue Hi there, My work has given me an old iPad. Teaching budgets not being what they should be, the device is actually older than the students in my class! (It's an old iPad 2). I want to download ...

• Casual Listener
  • Device iPad 2 Operating System (iOS 9)   My Question or Issue  Hi there,   My work has given me an old iPad. Teaching budgets not being what they should be, the device is actua...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

When downloading a playlist with 727 song only 678 downloads

Was downloading my girlfriends playlist and saw that i was only downloading about 680 out of about 730 songs. One of my friends had the same thing happen to him when downloading one of my playlist. It is not a major problem, i am just wondering why i...

• Was downloading my girlfriends playlist and saw that i was only downloading about 680 out of about 730 songs. One of my friends had the same thing happen to him when downloading one of my playlist. I...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete a song from an album playing

hi, i’ve Added an album to my library, and if I want to play the entire album but miss/skip one song from playing but not delete the song from my library.How do I do this? thanksPlanPremiumCountryUK Device(iPhone 8 Plus(iOS 11.4.1) My Question or Iss...

• Visitor
  • hi,  i’ve Added an album to my library,  and if I want to play the entire album but miss/skip one song from playing but not delete the song from my library.How do I do this?   thanks...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Connect is not working. devices do not recognize each other. not playing in speakers. I am premium

My Question or IssueAs of yesterday, Connect is not working. None of my devices can mirror each other or play thru exterior speakers.

•     My Question or Issue As of yesterday, Connect is not working. None of my devices can mirror each other or play thru exterior speakers.  
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App Control no longer working in my Pioneer Car Audio Headunit

My Question or IssueI have a Pionner AVH-X7800BT audio head unit in my car that comes with Spotify App Control®. I used to play Spotify directly from the head unit selecting Spotify as source. Since last update, I cannot longer manage my Spotify from...

• My Question or Issue I have a Pionner AVH-X7800BT audio head unit in my car that comes with  Spotify App Control®.   I used to play Spotify directly from the head unit selecting Spotify...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • app control
    Car
    dvd
    headunit
    Pioneer
    receiver
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

I’m new to this community Spotify but I’m really interested in getting more active on it how can I?

I’m an artist and I was told some good advice that community.Spotify.com is a good way to be more active with other artists and people that love music as much as you do But I’m having trouble messaging people or even doing things like this I’m still ...

• Casual Listener
  • I’m an artist and I was told some good advice that community.Spotify.com is a good way to be more active with other artists and people that love music as much as you do But I’m having trouble messagi...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Certain songs won’t play on Spotify mobile

The specific band is sum 41, none of there songs will play no matter what I’ve tried. Restart phone, reinstall app, no updates available. This only happens when I log into my profile On any iOS device, it works fine on my Xbox, the songs still appear...

• Regular
  • The specific band is sum 41, none of there songs will play no matter what I’ve tried. Restart phone, reinstall app, no updates available. This only happens when I log into my profile On any iOS devic...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback Issues (Bass lowers when vocals are sung/spoken)

PlanPremium (Family)CountryEngland Device(iPhone 7 Plus)Operating System(iOS 11.00) My Question or Issue I’m having issues with the bass and volume when playing music on Spotify in my car. When I am listening to my music, when vocals are sung/spoken ...

• Plan Premium (Family) Country England   Device (iPhone 7 Plus) Operating System (iOS 11.00)   My Question or Issue   I’m having issues with the bass and volume when playing...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t sort playlists by new in the new update?

PlanFreeCountry DeviceiPhone 6sOperating System My Question or Issue With the new update I can’t filter my playlists by newest songs added.

•   Plan Free Country   Device iPhone 6s Operating System   My Question or Issue  With the new update I can’t filter my playlists by newest songs added.
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

random playlist

PlanPremiumCountry FranceDevice(iPad)Operating System(iOS 10)Spotify read all my song from all my playlist randomly.How can I do when I choose a playlist , spotify launch only the song from this playlist. regards Tom

•   Plan Premium Country  France Device (iPad) Operating System (iOS 10) Spotify read all my song from all my playlist randomly. How can I do when I choose a playlist , spotify la...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify downgrade glitch

PlanPremiumCountry United States DeviceiPhone 7Operating System(iOS 11.4.1 My Question or Issue So this probably all started like a month ago when I came back from my trip to Florida and once I came home i updated my Spotify and oddly enough this upd...

• Plan Premium Country  United States  Device iPhone 7 Operating System (iOS 11.4.1   My Question or Issue  So this probably all started like a month ago when I came back ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't add to queue or remove from queue when using Connect

PlanPremiumCountry DenmarkDevice(iPhone 8, iPad Air 2, Acer PC)Operating System(iOS 11.4.1, Windows 10,) My Question or Issue When I use my ipad or iphone to stream from, then i can't edit the queue using the desktop to edit quene on my phone or ipad...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Denmark Device (iPhone 8, iPad Air 2, Acer PC) Operating System (iOS 11.4.1, Windows 10,)   My Question or Issue   When I use my ipad or iphone to stream ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes