Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Searching a playlist is gone??

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 11 My Question or Issue After the new revamp the option to search your own playlist has disappeared, which is needed, rather than scrolling through all my songs.

• Plan Free Country  USA Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue  After the new revamp the option to search your own playlist has disappeared, which is ...
  • adam_pepporoni
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is it so hard to delete a song from a playlist?

To preface, I have premium, so all feature should be open to me. Only Spotify mobile it is nearly impossible to delete a songs from a playlist. You can’t delete the song if you just scroll and find it, if you filter and search for it, or if it’s curr...

• Casual Listener
  • To preface, I have premium, so all feature should be open to me. Only Spotify mobile it is nearly impossible to delete a songs from a playlist. You can’t delete the song if you just scroll and find i...
  • adam_pepporoni
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 35 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 35 likes

When Using Bluetooth in car spotify app automatically starts playing music HOW do I turn that off?

PlanPremiumCountry USADevice(iPhone 6s iOS 11.4)Operating System(iOS 11.4) My Question or Issue This is a recent development... just in the past few weeks or so and had never happened before under the same circumstances. Nothing new or different has ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device (iPhone 6s iOS 11.4) Operating System (iOS 11.4)   My Question or Issue  This is a recent development... just in the past few weeks or so and...
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes

Battery life on iPhone 8

I have an iPhone 8, running IOS 11.2.6, which is the latest update as of 3/26/18, I am also running the most recent update of Spotify, 8.4.46. Which came out "6 Hours ago" The problem I am having is that my battery is draining super fast when I use t...

• I have an iPhone 8, running IOS 11.2.6, which is the latest update as of 3/26/18, I am also running the most recent update of Spotify, 8.4.46. Which came out "6 Hours ago" The problem I am having is ...
  • 15 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 10 likes

Chrome cast audio not connecting

PlanPremiumCountry Nz DeviceiPhone 6s+Operating Systemlatest iOS My Question or Issue Spotify will no longer connect to my chrome cast audio. Worked yesterday but now just gets stuck saying connecting

• Plan Premium Country  Nz   Device iPhone 6s+ Operating System latest iOS   My Question or Issue  Spotify will no longer connect to my chrome cast audio. Worked yesterda...
  • pmares
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Extreme heat and battery drain after latest update

iPhone SE, latest iOS, latest app, nothing else running. Happens after the latest update!

• iPhone SE, latest iOS, latest app, nothing else running. Happens after the latest update!
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 24 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 4 likes

SPOTIFY DOES NOT WORK WITH RANGE ROVER INCONTROL APP

I'm very close to cancelling my spotify substription because of this ongoing issue. It all started when I updared my phone to ios 11. I have all of the latest updates for Spotify, Apple and Range Rover and it still does not run on the incontrol app. ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm very close to cancelling my spotify substription because of this ongoing issue. It all started when I updared my phone to ios 11. I have all of the latest updates for Spotify, Apple and Range Rov...
  • monFPace
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

problem

My Question or Issue En la barra de herramientas en vez de dejarme ir a la canción anterior, me aparece el botón de “me gusta” o “no me gusta” la canción. Es muy molesto.

•     My Question or Issue  En la barra de herramientas en vez de dejarme ir a la canción anterior, me aparece el botón de “me gusta” o “no me gusta” la canción. Es muy molesto.
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Huge battery drain and phone heating iPhone 8

PlanPremiumCountry PolandDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 11.4My Question or Issue Spotify drains the battery and makes my phone heat abnormally. It doesn't matter whether it's working in background or in foreground.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Poland Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 11.4 My Question or Issue  Spotify drains the battery and makes my phone heat abnormally. It doesn't matter whethe...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Searching a username

PlanFreeCountry United StatesDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue The current version I have 8.4.53. When I go to the section that is made for searching, if I type in a username, it only comes up with artists, songs, playlists, a...

• Plan Free Country  United States Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue  The current version I have 8.4.53. When I go to the section that is made for ...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Downloading A Single Song

So I feel like a MASSIVE idoit for not knowing this, but I just got Spotify Premium and I was wondering; how does one download a single song?

• Community Legend
  • So I feel like a MASSIVE idoit for not knowing this, but I just got Spotify Premium and I was wondering; how does one download a single song?
  • empmnsbo
  • Casual Listener
  • 32 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 32 replies
  • 24 likes

Followed a link to a song on Spotify but song cannot be played

iPhone 8+ running 11.3.1, version 8.4.53.689 Hi there, I followed a link on Youtube which directed me to a song on Spotify (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o98bc-iPOiM) on my Windows laptop. However, I only have the option of saving or removing it fr...

•   iPhone 8+ running 11.3.1, version 8.4.53.689   Hi there, I followed a link on Youtube which directed me to a song on Spotify (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o98bc-iPOiM) on my Windows...
  • arielleshriver
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Drain on iPhone 7 and X

Spotify still has not fixed this issue or even admited to it. iOS 12 does not fix. So its a full fledged spotify issue. I hope to be refunded for the cost of sending in my phone to be checked to ensure it wasnt my phone, and also for every month this...

• Gig Goer
  •   Spotify still has not fixed this issue or even admited to it. iOS 12 does not fix. So its a full fledged spotify issue. I hope to be refunded for the cost of sending in my phone to be checked...
  • burgurdy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • battery
    bug
    trash
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify causes my phone to crash and reboot

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 6S PlusOperating SystemiOS 11 and iOS 12 (beta) My Question or IssueSpotify freezes up at random intervals throughout the day and crashes my iPhone causing it to reboot. I’ve tried a factory reset on my phone, updat...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 6S Plus Operating System iOS 11 and iOS 12 (beta)   My Question or Issue Spotify freezes up at random intervals throughout the day and cras...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloaded Podcasts Folder

Hi, With the latest iOS update, you removed the easily found button to see all of the podcasts downloaded to my local device. Is there a work around to get this list of podcasts that have been downloaded to my local device? If not, I'll be switching ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    With the latest iOS update, you removed the easily found button to see all of the podcasts downloaded to my local device.  Is there a work around to get this list of podcasts ...
  • -qji_snr06bfe
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify on Samsung Gear S3 Classic (Can't use as remote)

Dear All, I have an Iphone X, Spotify premium and yesterday I got myself a Samsung Gear S3 Classic from a rather untruthful salesman at the Samsung Concept Store. I bought it for the possibility of Spotify alone, otherwise I would have bought a runni...

• Regular
  •   Dear All,   I have an Iphone X, Spotify premium and yesterday I got myself a Samsung Gear S3 Classic from a rather untruthful salesman at the Samsung Concept Store. I bought it for the...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot see now playing songs and last queue songs

PlanPremiumCountry singaporeDevice(iPhone 7 plusOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issuei am using iphone 7+ and have been using spotify for few months. recently i just found out that i cant see my now playing song...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  singapore Device (iPhone 7 plus Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue i am using iphone 7+ and have been using...
  • lanshiyingg
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Samsung Gear S3 Classic (Can't find modes/ use as remote)

Dear All, I have an Iphone X, Spotify premium and yesterday I got myself a Samsung Gear S3 Classic from a rather untruthful salesman at the Samsung Concept Store. I bought it for the possibility of Spotify alone, otherwise I would have bought a runni...

• Regular
  •   Dear All,   I have an Iphone X, Spotify premium and yesterday I got myself a Samsung Gear S3 Classic from a rather untruthful salesman at the Samsung Concept Store. I bought it for the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved song section is gone

Free plan on iPhone Xbefore the update the library had a section for saved songs but now after the update that has changed to the favorites playlist. But since all my saved songs were saved as entire albums they don’t show up in the favorites playlis...

• Regular
  • Free plan on iPhone X before the update the library had a section for saved songs but now after the update that has changed to the favorites playlist. But since all my saved songs were saved as enti...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

The music stops

PlanFamily PremiumCountry SpainDevice(iPhone 7 plus)Operating SystemIOS My Question or Issuethe music stops. I tried to reinstall the application and the same thing happens. You don’t have any contact to solve issues. I’m paying for family premium an...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Family Premium Country  Spain Device (iPhone 7 plus) Operating System IOS   My Question or Issue the music stops. I tried to reinstall the application and the same th...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes