Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Streaming while using my phone's data

Whenever I use my cellular data it stops streaming and the only way for me to hear a song is to skip the song and I don't have premium so this is quite problematic.

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I use my cellular data it stops streaming and the only way for me to hear a song is to skip the song and I don't have premium so this is quite problematic.
  • Xanthalium
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums

Hello everybody. I'm new to Spotify and was wondering why when I click on an artist that I saved. i click on the artist and it shows all the music that i downloaded but it doesn't sort it into the albums. Is there a way to do that?

• Hello everybody. I'm new to Spotify and was wondering why when I click on an artist that I saved. i click on the artist and it shows all the music that i downloaded but it doesn't sort it into the al...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps on changing back to a previous playlist after *every* song

This is happening to me. As per resolved discussion. Yes, extremely annoying. But it occurred after I "followed" a playlist. I did not queue it. I do have use of a laptop, but I am trying to listen at the moment through my iPad. I recognise the queue...

• Music Fan
  •  This is happening to me. As per resolved discussion.  Yes, extremely annoying.     But it occurred after I "followed" a playlist. I did not queue it.  I do have use o...
  • vonniedreyfuss
  • Music Fan
  • 22 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 1 likes

Album Art Missing When Offline

Not a big deal for me but I would still like to be able to see album art when I'm listening offline

• Not a big deal for me but I would still like to be able to see album art when I'm listening offline
  • MaximumGoogie
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Frozen screen on ad can't reinstall app

My screen froze on an ad. Directions for reinstall don't work. It just opens to my pages even when pressing on icon til it shakes etcWant xmad music back!

• My screen froze on an ad. Directions for reinstall don't work. It just opens to my pages even when pressing on icon til it shakes etc Want xmad music back!
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song wil not play on my iPhone!!

Hi there, I have a song in a playlist, it plays fine on my 3 different IMacs, but will NOT play on my iphone. Any thoughts?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I have a song in a playlist, it plays fine on my 3 different IMacs, but will NOT play on my iphone. Any thoughts?  
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problem with artics

Hello Spotify.I've got a Premium Account and I listen music every single day on my iPhone. So, I have a problem with some artics. For example, I can't find KC Rebell etc. Why? Same problem had ItaloBrothers, but now is everything ok. I'm from the Cze...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify. I've got a Premium Account and I listen music every single day on my iPhone. So, I have a problem with some artics. For example, I can't find KC Rebell etc. Why? Same problem had Ital...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

App still has hamburger menu

On my iphone 6, logged into spotify version 6.8.0.3786, the app will not update to having the menu along the bottom of the screen. I still have the hamburger style menu. I have tried deleting the app and re-installing with no luck. If i log out, and ...

• Visitor
  • On my iphone 6, logged into spotify version 6.8.0.3786, the app will not update to having the menu along the bottom of the screen. I still have the hamburger style menu. I have tried deleting the app...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify app only see 1 of 3 Google Cast/Chromecast devices

In my spotify app I only see and can cast to 1 of 3 Vizio (2016 models) devices—1 soundbar, 2 Crave speakers. The soundbar is the one Spotify can see and cast to. However, Google Play Music app and the Google Home app have no trouble casting to all t...

• Regular
  • In my spotify app I only see and can cast to 1 of 3 Vizio (2016 models) devices—1 soundbar, 2 Crave speakers. The soundbar is the one Spotify can see and cast to. However, Google Play Music app and t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Unable to connect to Spotify in the mobile network of MTEL, Bulgaria

Since 23rd of November users of the mobile network of MTEL (largest mobile operator in Bulgaria) are unable to use Spotify. Mtel claim we should contact Spotify directly. The problem persists for all mobile devices. Mine is iPhone 6 with latest iOS b...

• Casual Listener
  • Since 23rd of November users of the mobile network of MTEL (largest mobile operator in Bulgaria) are unable to use Spotify. Mtel claim we should contact Spotify directly. The problem persists for all...
  • wanderer9
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Playing songs not on playlist every time

Hi all, I've searched this topic, and while there are many results, I have not found a satisfactory answer or solution. I created a playlist of the Hamilton soundtrack. Great musical, if you haven't seen or heard of it. Anyway, there are 46 songs in ...

• Hi all,   I've searched this topic, and while there are many results, I have not found a satisfactory answer or solution.  I created a playlist of the Hamilton soundtrack.  Great mus...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloading music In a very slow speed

I clicked download offline and even I am using a 200mb/s wifi, it slows as a turtle, what is happening, please help

• I clicked download offline and even I am using a 200mb/s wifi, it slows as a turtle, what is happening, please help
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Uppgradera till premium

Hej!Jag har redan ett Spotify Free konto. Vill nu uppgradera till premium.Hur gör jag då?

• Hej! Jag har redan ett Spotify Free konto. Vill nu uppgradera till premium. Hur gör jag då?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error appearing when downloading music

Can someone please tell me why when i try and download an album i am coming up with an error saying "youve reached the maximum number of downloads" when i am a premium user and i have over 50gig of space on my device

• Casual Listener
  • Can someone please tell me why when i try and download an album i am coming up with an error saying "youve reached the maximum number of downloads" when i am a premium user and i have over 50gig of s...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Is CarPlay ever going to work properly?!

Right now I have no choice but to use Apple Music because CarPlay is borderline unusable with Spotify.Are there any plans for improvements? Apple Music works seamlessly with CarPlay (as you'd expect!) but it's a different story for Spotify.There must...

• Casual Listener
  • Right now I have no choice but to use Apple Music because CarPlay is borderline unusable with Spotify. Are there any plans for improvements? Apple Music works seamlessly with CarPlay (as you'd exp...
  • iWurzel
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I used to have several Daily Mixes, now only one... ?

When the Daily Mix feature started I had several numbered daily mixes, each with a different genre. Now I click on Your Library/Your Daily Mix and there is only "Daily Mix 1" there. This has gone on for over a week. Did the feature change? Are mine "...

• Casual Listener
  • When the Daily Mix feature started I had several numbered daily mixes, each with a different genre. Now I click on Your Library/Your Daily Mix and there is only "Daily Mix 1" there. This has gone on ...
  • Catee
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to login with Facebook

I recently changed my facebook password and now when I'm trying to login to Spotify I just get a blank page when I'm about to confirm through facebook. What do I do?

• I recently changed my facebook password and now when I'm trying to login to Spotify I just get a blank page when I'm about to confirm through facebook. What do I do?
  • alexisburks
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! A Way to Automatically Watch 30 Minute Video Ads?

Is there a way to always choose to watch the short video ad instead of being asked? If I'm driving the process of unlocking my phone, switching from my GPS app to the spotify app, and then click on the very small watch video link, can be incredibly d...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to always choose to watch the short video ad instead of being asked? If I'm driving the process of unlocking my phone, switching from my GPS app to the spotify app, and then click on t...
  • loqitu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Last FM Credentials

I can't seem to link up Spotify to my last.fm account. When I enter my username and password in the Spotify social settings it says they are incorrect.I'm 100% sure they are correct, I'm using the same username/password on the last.fm website and I c...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't seem to link up Spotify to my last.fm account. When I enter my username and password in the Spotify social settings it says they are incorrect. I'm 100% sure they are correct, I'm using th...
  • Catee
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Switching Phones

I know this may sound like a stupid question, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Hubs bought me Spotify Premium for Christmas. He's also getting me a new phone. Will it transfer to the new device or is it sensitive to prevent account sharing? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • I know this may sound like a stupid question, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Hubs bought me Spotify Premium for Christmas. He's also getting me a new phone. Will it transfer to the new device or ...
  • pissed9
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes