Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Profile Name (help)

How can i change my profile name (my account is not premium) please help

• How can i change my profile name (my account is not premium) please help
  • ItsJamesJ
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How come I can't choose songs on mobile, but can on desktop?

NOTE: I understand choosing songs on mobile is a premium feature. No need to reply with that. I really, really, find this restriction stupid. All that's different is the screen size. I understand ads, limited skips, but seriously? People with free ar...

• NOTE: I understand choosing songs on mobile is a premium feature. No need to reply with that.   I really, really, find this restriction stupid. All that's different is the screen size. I under...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify iOS App doesn't work properly

So when I use Spotify on my phone I will try to play an album, but it will only ever play the first song and then stop. I then have to go back in and manually skip to the next song. But, almost every time I go back into Spotify the app will be frozen...

• Casual Listener
  • So when I use Spotify on my phone I will try to play an album, but it will only ever play the first song and then stop. I then have to go back in and manually skip to the next song. But, almost every...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lyrics

Where are the lyrics?! I can't see them anymore like before I'm thinking about change to Deezer.... Come on Spotify, you're telling lies to us since they have been cut out.

• Where are the lyrics?! I can't see them anymore like before I'm thinking about change to Deezer.... Come on Spotify, you're telling lies to us since they have been cut out.
  • aidaenamorado
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Lyrics

I am listening to my Spotify playlists on my iPhone 6s using my headphones. I've linked my Soundhound account to Spotify but can't see any way to view the lyrics of the song I am playing on my Spotify playlist. All I want to do is: Listen to a Spotif...

• I am listening to my Spotify playlists on my iPhone 6s using my headphones. I've linked my Soundhound account to Spotify but can't see any way to view the lyrics of the song I am playing on my Spotif...
  • Athenry
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • lyrics
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend activity isn't showing on iPhone

For some reason it says there's no recent activity when I'm on my phone, but on my computer I can see my friend's activity. Anyone else has this same problem? btw what is the best way to look for someone's spotify account? other than them having to l...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason it says there's no recent activity when I'm on my phone, but on my computer I can see my friend's activity. Anyone else has this same problem?   btw what is the best way to loo...
  • thagoverment
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stops playing after few seconds

When I press random playback in a list, it stops playing after 5 seconds. It only happens one time during the app execution. If you don't close the app it will not happen again. Steps to reproduce the issue:Open the app (close it before if you had it...

•   When I press random playback in a list, it stops playing after 5 seconds. It only happens one time during the app execution. If you don't close the app it will not happen again.   Step...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot upgrade To the premium version

After I paid trough iTunes Store the 12.99€, and after the iTunes Store show me the bill, my Spotify doesn't pass to the premium version, already deleted the app and downloaded again, tired everything, so since I spent those money and I can't use Spo...

• Casual Listener
  • After I paid trough iTunes Store the 12.99€, and after the iTunes Store show me the bill, my Spotify doesn't pass to the premium version, already deleted the app and downloaded again, tired everythin...
  • MatteoBellora
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't login on ipad via facebook

I installed spotify on ipad, but when i try to login with facebook, i type the facebook user and password, and the screen stays white (see atached picture), and thats it. I cannot login without facebook, because i created my account via facebook.than...

• I installed spotify on ipad, but when i try to login with facebook, i type the facebook user and password, and the screen stays white (see atached picture), and thats it. I cannot login without faceb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

algunas canciones no se reproducen

Hola, tengo el plan family premium, pero algunas canciones de mi playlists no se reproducen y otras si. Cual puede ser el problema? Mi telefono es un iphone SE.

• Casual Listener
  • Hola, tengo el plan family premium, pero algunas canciones de mi playlists no se reproducen y otras si. Cual puede ser el problema? Mi telefono es un iphone SE.  
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs turned to censored?

I have a free account and I've always been able to listen to explicit songs in my playlists. Today I went to play an explicit song and it suddenly doesn't say it's explicit by the name. I went back to the album where the song came from and it says it...

• I have a free account and I've always been able to listen to explicit songs in my playlists. Today I went to play an explicit song and it suddenly doesn't say it's explicit by the name. I went back t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Shazam create new list everytime

Everytime when i try to find a song with shazam, shazam creates a new "My Shazam Tracks" list on my spotify. I try to connect shazam about this issue ten days ago but there is no answer yet. Is there any suggestino to fix it?

Screenshot_30.png
  • Everytime when i try to find a song with shazam, shazam creates a new "My Shazam Tracks" list on my spotify. I try to connect shazam about this issue ten days ago but there is no answer yet. Is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Available Offline vs Saved

Hi, I'm a premium subscriber and wondering what the difference between “Save” and ”Available Offline” is: When I save an album, i.e. in the Spotfiy App on my mac, it will be instantly downloaded and made available offline on my iPhone, although I hav...

• Hi,   I'm a premium subscriber and wondering what the difference between “Save” and ”Available Offline” is: When I save an album, i.e. in the Spotfiy App on my mac, it will be instantly downlo...
  • logan_samuelson
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird constant ringing while playing

Hello, I'm having an issue I can't figure out. I'm playing Spotify thru my iPad mini and during every single song, about every 30 seconds, I hear a telephone ringing. All of my notifications are turned off, and it's a ring my iPad has never made on i...

• Hello, I'm having an issue I can't figure out.  I'm playing Spotify thru my iPad mini and during every single song, about every 30 seconds, I hear a telephone ringing. All of my notifications ar...
  • candacewhite_
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync local files to iPhone

Hey.So I just added local files to my desktop Spotify and they work just perfectly, but my iPhone wont find them? It just says my local files playlist is empty. Im logged in with same account to both devices and using same wifi connection.

• Casual Listener
  • Hey. So I just added local files to my desktop Spotify and they work just perfectly, but my iPhone wont find them? It just says my local files playlist is empty. Im logged in with same account to bo...
  • enkeria1992
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

While driving in airplane mode

Why when I cross the border or travel on plane can I not listen to Spotify? I have paid for premium and downloaded songs??? What's going on?

• Casual Listener
  • Why when I cross the border or travel on plane can I not listen to Spotify? I have paid for premium and downloaded songs??? What's going on?
  • Ryesor
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS 10 Public Beta 7] Spotify crashed when try to preview music

Just like the title said. Whenever I try to preview song/album/playlist by long press, Spotify suddenly crashed and closed. I repeat this and get the same result.I dont know if it's iOS 10 beta fault or just Spotify hasnt maximized to iOS 10

• Casual Listener
  • Just like the title said. Whenever I try to preview song/album/playlist by long press, Spotify suddenly crashed and closed. I repeat this and get the same result. I dont know if it's iOS 10 beta fau...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify offline mode

I'm looking for a device that has no camera and can run spotify in offline mode. cant have any devices with a camera at my work, so i can no longer use my phone. a bit of research showed i could do that with ipod touch gen3, if i run an older version...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm looking for a device that has no camera and can run spotify in offline mode. cant have any devices with a camera at my work, so i can no longer use my phone. a bit of research showed i could do t...
  • Lowke
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to purchase Premium as In App with AppStore credit?

Hello all I want to move from Apple Music to Spotify and have some credits left on the apple AppStore. Want to spend them on Spotify premium but currently can't. So as Long as there are no inapp purchase for premium I will have to stay with Apple Mus...

• Visitor
  • Hello all   I want to move from Apple Music to Spotify and have some credits left on the apple AppStore. Want to spend them on Spotify premium but currently can't. So as Long as there are no i...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Disappearing Playlist

I am on Spotify premium. Just yesterday my account was working fine. I opened spotify today to find all my playlists had disappeared. And when i try to play a song, they stop playing midway. I've read some posts suggesting that it could possibly be b...

• I am on Spotify premium. Just yesterday my account was working fine. I opened spotify today to find all my playlists had disappeared. And when i try to play a song, they stop playing midway. I've rea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes