Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify offline device list is incorrect

I have an iphone, a macbook and an ipad on my spotify account. I need to delete the ipad because I got a new one I want to use with my spotify account. But when I go to my list of offline devices it lists "macbook, default device, macbook." So how do...

• I have an iphone, a macbook and an ipad on my spotify account. I need to delete the ipad because I got a new one I want to use with my spotify account. But when I go to my list of offline devices it ...
  • johnka
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone freezes with Spotify.

After downloding another playlist (offline), my iPhone becase unresponsive. It froze many times and I had to hard reset it, since I would not control it anymore. I realized I had 13Gb on downloaded music on the app. Once I deleted the app, the iphone...

• After downloding another playlist (offline), my iPhone becase unresponsive. It froze many times and I had to hard reset it, since I would not control it anymore.   I realized I had 13Gb on dow...
  • feelikeastrangr
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution major problems

One, this community thing is annoying when i just want to report a problem to Spoitfy not the users! I pay 9.99 and tax for basically the offline option and i've downloaded it on my iphone and an ipod. I have the offline option clicked and the playli...

• One, this community thing is annoying when i just want to report a problem to Spoitfy not the users!  I pay 9.99 and tax for basically the offline option and i've downloaded it on my iphone and...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I update subscribed playlists???

I can't work out how to update the playlists I subscribe to. New ones are supposed to be released weekly but the list never changes. Only use iPhone ap, don't have the desktop version.

• Casual Listener
  • I can't work out how to update the playlists I subscribe to. New ones are supposed to be released weekly but the list never changes. Only use iPhone ap, don't have the desktop version.
  • MaryS
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest update messed up playlist functions...

With the latest update, which changed Spotify's interface on iOs, listening to music has become slightly annoying. Here are a list of the problems I've experienced: I cannot just hit "play" when I open the app or when I've left it alone for a bit. I ...

• With the latest update, which changed Spotify's interface on iOs, listening to music has become slightly annoying. Here are a list of the problems I've experienced:   I cannot just hit "play"...
  • valleyescent
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

PLAYBACK QUEUE STOP

Hello, I do not have enough space on my Iphone to download all my albums, so I only make available offline the ones I want to listen at this moment. Then I want to listen offline all these albums tracks downloaded in a random way. Since few days, the...

• Hello,    I do not have enough space on my Iphone to download all my albums, so I only make available offline the ones I want to listen at this moment. Then I want to listen offline all t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • PLAYBACK QUEUE STOP
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error displaying 'now playing' screen content in iPad app

in the newest app for my iPad 4, when I go to the now playing screen, the app makes an error in displaying the content. When horizontal, the app seems to want to show the content for a vertical screen and vice versa. Please see attached screenshot. T...

• Music Fan
  • in the newest app for my iPad 4, when I go to the now playing screen, the app makes an error in displaying the content. When horizontal, the app seems to want to show the content for a vertical scree...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • horizontal
    screen orientation incorrect
    vertical
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS 10 beta problem

In Spotify every time I click on a song to listen to a previous of the song the app just crashes

• In Spotify every time I click on a song to listen to a previous of the song the app just crashes
  • Toadtoad
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My Account won't let me upgrade

I had the free 7 day premium trial and it now expired and it won't let me upgrade and when I go to my account it just says I have a free subscription and nothing else

• I had the free 7 day premium trial and it now expired and it won't let me upgrade and when I go to my account it just says I have a free subscription and nothing else
  • Toadtoad
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Uiopen

Anyone have shell command list or Uiopen commands for Spotify for iOS ?

• Casual Listener
  • Anyone have shell command list or Uiopen commands for Spotify for iOS ?
  • mccarthy__
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Why cant I buy premium on the iOS app?

When I click the subscription thing it doesn't do anything, tried to find any other way, can't, help?Swear to God if I wasted my money on an apple card I'm done

• When I click the subscription thing it doesn't do anything, tried to find any other way, can't, help? Swear to God if I wasted my money on an apple card I'm done
  • Toadtoad
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Fido Spotify premium

I keep getting billed for my spotify subscription when my fido plan includes the 2 years premium subscription free. On my bill displays that my spotify is coming from Rogers. Prior to porting over to Fido I had one number phone number that i was payi...

• I keep getting billed for my spotify subscription when my fido plan includes the 2 years premium subscription free. On my bill displays that my spotify is coming from Rogers.   Prior to portin...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening history

Hello, i really need to find this one song i listened to, can't remember the name or artist, can't find it by lyrics either, is it possible to see my listening history from 16.08 about 10 am -1 pm.

• Hello, i really need to find this one song i listened to, can't remember the name or artist, can't find it by lyrics either, is it possible to see my listening history from 16.08 about 10 am -1 pm.
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play offline after Premium trial ends

Hi. I ve just started using Spotify, and I m using my 7days free premium trial. I ve choosen to listen some playlists offline and the songs have been downloaded to my iphone 4. When free trial ends l will be able to listen these playlists offline, or...

• Hi. I ve just started using Spotify, and I m using my 7days free premium trial. I ve choosen to listen some playlists offline and the songs have been downloaded to my iphone 4. When free trial ends l...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

video crash

I have Spotify premium on iphone5 with all the latest updates on the OS and Spotify and everytime I go to play a video of any kind the app instantly shuts down and goes back to my home screen.

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify premium on iphone5 with all the latest updates on the OS and Spotify and everytime I go to play a video of any kind the app instantly shuts down and goes back to my home screen.
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Dowloading problem

Dear All, I'm facing a problem on my iPhone 6: since yesterday I cannot download music (I'm a premium member of course), there's no error message or anything, the Downloading is 0/250 for ever...My internet is working, I have no idea what could possi...

• Dear All,   I'm facing a problem on my iPhone 6: since yesterday I cannot download music (I'm a premium member of course), there's no error message or anything, the Downloading is 0/250 for ev...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify automatically starts playing on cable connect

Hi, I have an iphone lightning cable that connects to my car audio system.Each time I connect my iphone to the cable, the spotify app starts to play automatically.I don't want this to happen automatically. How can I prevent this behaviour? Thanks,Rob

• Hi,   I have an iphone lightning cable that connects to my car audio system. Each time I connect my iphone to the cable, the spotify app starts to play automatically. I don't want this to ha...
  • erez12
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Slow app startup.

I'm using spotify premium on an iPhone 5s. It takes 5-10 minutes for the app to load (no joke). It then usually crashes. Upon the second reboot it takes 3 minutes to load and then seems to work until I stop using that app. I then have to go through t...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using spotify premium on an iPhone 5s. It takes 5-10 minutes for the app to load (no joke). It then usually crashes. Upon the second reboot it takes 3 minutes to load and then seems to work until...
  • mzwagemakers
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

saved songs dont appear in library when offline - but are reachable through search

so lately ive noticed, that whenever i go offline for se time all of my music will dissapear from my library, only showing a card telling me to download somgs whenever i go back online.So you'd assume the app simply didnt download the music...but whe...

• so lately ive noticed, that whenever i go offline for se time all of my music will dissapear from my library, only showing a card telling me to download somgs whenever i go back online. So you'd ass...
  • EstelleValantia
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes