Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Local Files Issue

SO ANNOYED. I have all Taylor Swift and Beyonce's Lemonade and it won't download to my phone. I have trying to ressolve this isssue the past few days now but nothing will work. I tried the fire wall thing, the typical sync playlist thing, uninstallin...

• Music Fan
  • SO ANNOYED.  I have all Taylor Swift and Beyonce's Lemonade and it won't download to my phone.  I have trying to ressolve this isssue the past few days now but nothing will work.  I tr...
  • carmengoose
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

changing my password

I have my Spotify signed in to 4 different iPhones. I want to remove one of the iPhones or change my password. I can't figure out how to do either. the rest password page is not working.

• I have my Spotify signed in to 4 different iPhones. I want to remove one of the iPhones or change my password. I can't figure out how to do either. the rest password page is not working.
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't open radio pages from radio search

Hi all,I'm having trouble with the radio search on the spotify app for iOS. I'm currently on 9.3.5, iPhone 5. When I tap the new station button, the search comes up. Search works fine, but when I tap the artist, album, or song to go to the radio page...

• Hi all, I'm having trouble with the radio search on the spotify app for iOS. I'm currently on 9.3.5, iPhone 5.   When I tap the new station button, the search comes up. Search works...
  • ElectricTwanger
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipod Nano 6th generation Sync

Hello, I have the ¨th generation nano ipod with the 30 pin cable and I can't connect to spotify, is there a way to do it?Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have the ¨th generation nano ipod with the 30 pin cable and I can't connect to spotify, is there a way to do it? Thanks.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't click on or select search results. (iPad)

When searching for stuff on the iPad-app, i do get back results, I just can't do anything with them i.e. playing them, holding down to get the options or even scrolling down further. Every other function seems to work, it' just the search function th...

• When searching for stuff on the iPad-app, i do get back results, I just can't do anything with them i.e. playing them, holding down to get the options or even scrolling down further. Every other func...
  • Franck
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Podcasts and videos not working!

A while ago, when the podcasts and videos update came out, I tried tapping on a video and it crashes the app. I thought it was a bug that would be fixed in the next update and forgot about it. Today, I wanted to try out a podcast and it crashed the a...

• Casual Listener
  • A while ago, when the podcasts and videos update came out, I tried tapping on a video and it crashes the app. I thought it was a bug that would be fixed in the next update and forgot about it. Today,...
  • Wyattsnedz
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • crashes
    podcasts and videos
    Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify times on Log In screen

I'm unable to get past the login screen due to a lost connection with Spotify; when I enter the username & password to get in the 3 dots move indicating it's working but nothing happens. If I leave the app and go back to it then I get lost connection...

• I'm unable to get past the login screen due to a lost connection with Spotify; when I enter the username & password to get in the 3 dots move indicating it's working but nothing happens. If I lea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound during playback

I have an Apple 4s (yes it's really old and that might be part of the problem...) and I just started paying for Premium so I could listen to music while I go biking. It worked once. But now when I try to play my music, there's no sound. I can see the...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an Apple 4s (yes it's really old and that might be part of the problem...) and I just started paying for Premium so I could listen to music while I go biking. It worked once. But now when I tr...
  • megansito
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files from desktop display incorrect song duration on mobile while correct on desktop

i have an audiobook and on my desktop, the duration is 66 minutes for a track, and on mobile it only shows 33 minutes, so i couldn't fast foward past 33 minutes of the audio, if i needed to go anywhere from 34-66 minutes. Any idea how to fix this? ED...

• i have an audiobook and on my desktop, the duration is 66 minutes for a track, and on mobile it only shows 33 minutes, so i couldn't fast foward past 33 minutes of the audio, if i needed to go anywhe...
  • Ftothez88
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

App Reloads after short amount of time

Sorry if there's another thread...Have been noticing this for the past month or so...tried getting help via Twitter...but it is usually the same old advice (uninstall/reinstall)Hoping to get more info here... The app keeps reloading randomly after I ...

• Regular
  • Sorry if there's another thread... Have been noticing this for the past month or so...tried getting help via Twitter...but it is usually the same old advice (uninstall/reinstall) Hoping to get more...
  • daveraleigh
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Removing artists from "My Library"

I am unable to remove artists from "My Library". These artists are not "saved" and I am not following them... I have been able to remove the artist by deleting every individual song listed under the artist, however this is far too much work... Please...

• I am unable to remove artists from "My Library". These artists are not "saved" and I am not following them... I have been able to remove the artist by deleting every individual song listed under the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Help connecting to Facebook or with friends in general

Hi! I've had Spotify for a while now, but haven't ventured into all of the features. I have tried to connect to Facebook before and didn't have luck, but didn't see a reason to have it. I'm now having trouble accessing music that a friend has sent to...

• Hi! I've had Spotify for a while now, but haven't ventured into all of the features. I have tried to connect to Facebook before and didn't have luck, but didn't see a reason to have it. I'm now havin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Profile Name (help)

How can i change my profile name (my account is not premium) please help

• How can i change my profile name (my account is not premium) please help
  • ItsJamesJ
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How come I can't choose songs on mobile, but can on desktop?

NOTE: I understand choosing songs on mobile is a premium feature. No need to reply with that. I really, really, find this restriction stupid. All that's different is the screen size. I understand ads, limited skips, but seriously? People with free ar...

• NOTE: I understand choosing songs on mobile is a premium feature. No need to reply with that.   I really, really, find this restriction stupid. All that's different is the screen size. I under...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify iOS App doesn't work properly

So when I use Spotify on my phone I will try to play an album, but it will only ever play the first song and then stop. I then have to go back in and manually skip to the next song. But, almost every time I go back into Spotify the app will be frozen...

• Casual Listener
  • So when I use Spotify on my phone I will try to play an album, but it will only ever play the first song and then stop. I then have to go back in and manually skip to the next song. But, almost every...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lyrics

Where are the lyrics?! I can't see them anymore like before I'm thinking about change to Deezer.... Come on Spotify, you're telling lies to us since they have been cut out.

• Where are the lyrics?! I can't see them anymore like before I'm thinking about change to Deezer.... Come on Spotify, you're telling lies to us since they have been cut out.
  • aidaenamorado
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Lyrics

I am listening to my Spotify playlists on my iPhone 6s using my headphones. I've linked my Soundhound account to Spotify but can't see any way to view the lyrics of the song I am playing on my Spotify playlist. All I want to do is: Listen to a Spotif...

• I am listening to my Spotify playlists on my iPhone 6s using my headphones. I've linked my Soundhound account to Spotify but can't see any way to view the lyrics of the song I am playing on my Spotif...
  • Athenry
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • lyrics
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend activity isn't showing on iPhone

For some reason it says there's no recent activity when I'm on my phone, but on my computer I can see my friend's activity. Anyone else has this same problem? btw what is the best way to look for someone's spotify account? other than them having to l...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason it says there's no recent activity when I'm on my phone, but on my computer I can see my friend's activity. Anyone else has this same problem?   btw what is the best way to loo...
  • thagoverment
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stops playing after few seconds

When I press random playback in a list, it stops playing after 5 seconds. It only happens one time during the app execution. If you don't close the app it will not happen again. Steps to reproduce the issue:Open the app (close it before if you had it...

•   When I press random playback in a list, it stops playing after 5 seconds. It only happens one time during the app execution. If you don't close the app it will not happen again.   Step...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes