Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

iphone 6 - Always Offline :/;/

Hi,Im using spotify free on the iphone 6.My connection is always offline, regardless of whether or not im on WORKING wifi or cellular.I double checked countless times, I dont have offline mode on.I even reinstalled spotify, to no avail. No idea what ...

• Hi, Im using spotify free on the iphone 6. My connection is always offline, regardless of whether or not im on WORKING wifi or cellular. I double checked countless times, I dont have offline mode ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bought spotify premium trough itunes but doesn't work

Hello, today i renew my spotify account and on my itunes account it's saying that my premium account is active. but when i go into the app and when i try to listen offline it says "go premium" and when i click the "go premium" button it does nothing....

• Hello, today i renew my spotify account and on my itunes account it's saying that my premium account is active. but when i go into the app and when i try to listen offline it says "go premium" and wh...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Family premium

Can someone please help i am trying to sign my son up to the new family premium but it keeps saying he needs to be in the same country. i have re checked many times to make sure they have the same country and postcode on their accounts but it still w...

• Can someone please help   i am trying to sign my son up to the new family premium but it keeps saying he needs to be in the same country.   i have re checked many times to make sure the...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle plays random songs

Premium just ran out. I was playing an album on shuffle and first song is apart of the album, the second song, however, is from some other album. When I use a skip it skips to another random song, not in the album i originally hit shuffle on. Any ide...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium just ran out. I was playing an album on shuffle and first song is apart of the album, the second song, however, is from some other album. When I use a skip it skips to another random song, no...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Local Files to iPhone

Hey,So what happened is I used iTunes music to download all of the music and then I used local files to transport the music onto my playlist on my MacBook. But on my mobile phone, the song appear grey and won't download. On my mobile, the local files...

• Hey, So what happened is I used iTunes music to download all of the music and then I used local files to transport the music onto my playlist on my MacBook. But on my mobile phone, the song appear...
  • hg138
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • songs unavailable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred playlist does not show up on iPhone app

Hello everyone, for some time I have not been able to find the Starred playlist on my iPhone. It disappeared after an update at some stage. I have been using a workaround by simply creating a seperate playlist and copying all the songs from my Starre...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone,   for some time I have not been able to find the Starred playlist on my iPhone. It disappeared after an update at some stage. I have been using a workaround by simply creating ...
  • radie_storm
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify can't open this type of link on this device.

Hi,I am a brand new Spotify user using version 5.7 on iPhone 6s and every time I try to open new music I get this error message. Any help would be great.

• Hi, I am a brand new Spotify user using version 5.7 on iPhone 6s and every time I try to open new music I get this error message. Any help would be great.
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing share controls on iPad version

Hi All I have Spotify installed and up to date on both an iPhone and an iPad. On the iPhone, I can share a (eg.) track using the iOS share extensions by :1. tap the '...' control2. choose 'Share'3. choose 'Post to ...'4. tap the 'more' button On the ...

• Hi All   I have Spotify installed and up to date on both an iPhone and an iPad.   On the iPhone, I can share a (eg.) track using the iOS share extensions by : 1. tap the '...' control ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Useability with CarPlay / Audi MMI

Hey there, maybe I'm stupid or this is really annoying: If I start Carplay, Spotfiy everthing is ok, I switch to my Playlist and I can scroll the songs with my Wheel. Then I find a song and push the Wheel -> Song starts to play, fine. But how on eart...

• Hey there,   maybe I'm stupid or this is really annoying:   If I start Carplay, Spotfiy everthing is ok, I switch to my Playlist and I can scroll the songs with my Wheel.  Then I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS Spotify search bar not aligned with touch area. cross button difficult to hit.

I find it hard to tap in the search bar. Hitting the cross button is a challenge. I did some tests and it seems that the search bar is not aligned with the corresponding area of the touch screen. I have to touch below the search bar and slightly to t...

•   I find it hard to tap in the search bar. Hitting the cross button is a challenge. I did some tests and it seems that the search bar is not aligned with the corresponding area of the touch scr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • cross button
    iOS
    search bar
    touch
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted Spotify off iPhone, Now Can't Login

Hi.I somehow managed to delete Spotify from my iPhone a few days ago and couldn't remember my password to log back in. I therefore did a password reset which allows me to login online fine.However, when I try to log back in to the app on my iPhone I ...

• Hi. I somehow managed to delete Spotify from my iPhone a few days ago and couldn't remember my password to log back in. I therefore did a password reset which allows me to login online fine. Howeve...
  • cede56
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot download Spotify on Iphone6

As title suggest it doesn't download on Iphone 6. I need help. I click it and it starts to download, but it stops and reverts back to the picture of the cloud icon instead of the download symbol. HELP ME SPOTIFY! I JUST UPRGRADED TO PREMIUM AND I CAN...

• Visitor
  • As title suggest it doesn't download on Iphone 6.  I need help.  I click it and it starts to download, but it stops and reverts back to the picture of the cloud icon instead of the download...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Listen To Local Files And Playlists On My iPod Touch

I would like to listen to my Local Files and my playlists that I created on the Spotify app. No Local Files are showing up on the iPod Touch. Instead, it says this: Local files is currently empty Install Spotify on your computer to add and play songs...

• Visitor
  • I would like to listen to my Local Files and my playlists that I created on the Spotify app.   No Local Files are showing up on the iPod Touch.    Instead, it says this:   L...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends won't show up on iPhone Spotify app

I finally saw my friend feeds on Spotify app on my iMac, and said wow, friend activity is finally working in Spotify! I was happy, because I knew I could never get it to work on the iPhone app or Android app. But now, when I went back to the iPhone a...

• Casual Listener
  • I finally saw my friend feeds on Spotify app on my iMac, and said wow, friend activity is finally working in Spotify!  I was happy, because I knew I could never get it to work on the iPhone app ...
  • jakubik
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! FB Messanger Button Gone

The option to share from my spotify app to FB Messenger is gone, i only have email, text, and direct spotify inbox available. Where did my button go? Thanks!

IMG_2310.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • The option to share from my spotify app to FB Messenger is gone, i only have email, text, and direct spotify inbox available. Where did my button go?       Thanks!
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Facebook
    sharing
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Crashing 5.7.0.1055

I'm having issues with my app crashing on my iPhone 6s Plus. If I just skip songs using shuffle it will not crash, but if I try creating a playlist or download new music it will crash once every 3-4 mins. I have tried redownloading the app as well as...

• I'm having issues with my app crashing on my iPhone 6s Plus. If I just skip songs using shuffle it will not crash, but if I try creating a playlist or download new music it will crash once every 3-4 ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS app skips to next song when streaming on 3G/bluetooth

I bought a new head unit for my car, Pioneer DEH-X8700BT. When I stream Spotify over 3G via bluetooth to the Pioneer unit, the app automatically skips to the next song. Sometimes after a minute, sometimes after five seconds. I reinstalled the iOS app...

• I bought a new head unit for my car, Pioneer DEH-X8700BT.  When I stream Spotify over 3G via bluetooth to the Pioneer unit, the app automatically skips to the next song. Sometimes after a minut...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on iPhone continues playing after removing output device (f.e. headphone, airplay speaker)

I like Spotify and the built-in playlists a lot! But since one of the last version, I annoys me from time to time. Hope you can fix this! Common situation: I stream music at home from Spotify App on iPhone to an airplay speaker. When leaving home and...

• Regular
  • I like Spotify and the built-in playlists a lot! But since one of the last version, I annoys me from time to time. Hope you can fix this!   Common situation: I stream music at home from Spotif...
  • glen_fiddich
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes