Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! Not allowing me to upgrade to premium

Hi there,Hoping to get some help/advise.I downloaded Spotify a few months ago and have since tried the free trail period. Really enjoyed having access to all the music and being able to play songs when im out of wifi or cellular coverage. I have sinc...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, Hoping to get some help/advise. I downloaded Spotify a few months ago and have since tried the free trail period. Really enjoyed having access to all the music and being able to play ...
  • mike_vengeance
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Mushroomhead album problem

I'm requesting albums from an artist called Mushroomhead I would like if you had a couple more albums from this artist please ad Beautiful Stories for Ugly Children and savior sorrow and last but not least XX I would appreciate if these albums from t...

• I'm requesting albums from an artist called Mushroomhead I would like if you had a couple more albums from this artist please ad Beautiful Stories for Ugly Children and savior sorrow and last but not...
  • mike_vengeance
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Share current playing with another user

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to listen the same let's say queue as another user. On two or more devices at the same time.I will give an example to clarify. I have a family account with my girlfriend, I would like to 'hook' to what she is lis...

• Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to listen the same let's say queue as another user. On two or more devices at the same time. I will give an example to clarify. I have a family account with my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • current playlist
    share music
    synchronize
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs that have multiple artists no longer display all names

For the last week, maybe more, when a song has multiple artists, Spotify has started to only display the first artist that appears in the list. It acknowledges different artists when simply looking at a song, like this: But when you actually play a s...

IMG_5894.PNG IMG_5895.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • For the last week, maybe more, when a song has multiple artists, Spotify has started to only display the first artist that appears in the list. It acknowledges different artists when simply looking a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • artist names
    multiple artists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot get my iPod 3rd generation to sync with spotify web player

Hello everyone,i recently purchased an ipod 3rd generation online becuase i wanted an ipod new enough to allow me to use spotify but old enough so that it didnt have a camera on it because i am not allowed to have them at work. when i bought it i was...

• Hello everyone, i recently purchased an ipod 3rd generation online becuase i wanted an ipod new enough to allow me to use spotify but old enough so that it didnt have a camera on it because i am not...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Could not find Spotify network

Using Spotify in iPhone 6, all iOS and apps up to date.Taking advantage of the Premium account offered through my mobile carrier.Initially Spotify would not recognize my Premium. I browsed community and followed the suggestion of deleting Spotify and...

• Casual Listener
  • Using Spotify in iPhone 6, all iOS and apps up to date. Taking advantage of the Premium account offered through my mobile carrier. Initially Spotify would not recognize my Premium. I browsed commun...
  • Whiskeyjaxx
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

local files

I have a problem with my iphone which is that when I add songs from my pc to my playlist spotify these are not downloaded to my device cases

• I have a problem with my iphone which is that when I add songs from my pc to my playlist spotify these are not downloaded to my device cases
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to sync for non premium

I use to be able to save my favorites for offline now I cannot (PC)

• Regular
  • I use to be able to save my favorites for offline now I cannot (PC)
  • DOGBONE
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why shuffle-only on free mobile app?

Hi there, I've been enjoying Spotify on both the desktop Web Player and iOS. I'm just curious though, why is it shuffle-only on the mobile app, but not on the desktop? What's the difference whether you play music on your mobile device versus the desk...

• Music Fan
  • Hi there,   I've been enjoying Spotify on both the desktop Web Player and iOS.   I'm just curious though, why is it shuffle-only on the mobile app, but not on the desktop? What's the di...
  • sunnybubblegum
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No Push Notifications!

Hi all, Brief description of the issue: I am not receiving any notifications on iOS for either iPad or iPhone. What steps you’ve tried already: I have tried disabling and re-enabling all push notifications in settings, logging out and re-logging in, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   Brief description of the issue: I am not receiving any notifications on iOS for either iPad or iPhone.    What steps you’ve tried already: I have tried disabling and re-e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My entire favorites folder disappeared (iOS 9.0)

This looks like a bug for me, here the symptoms. 1. Out of the blue the entire favorites folder disappeared in my iPhone.2. I'm able to access the favorites folder in my computer, also i can play it and hear it at iphone(!!!!) but i can't see the mus...

• Casual Listener
  • This looks like a bug for me, here the symptoms.   1. Out of the blue the entire favorites folder disappeared in my iPhone. 2. I'm able to access the favorites folder in my computer, also i c...
  • NOS_18
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    iOS
    Linux
    Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot play any music after change country

To start off, I'm a free user. I just moved to Taiwan from the US. After 14 days, I get locked out with a "Wrong Country" error, so I changed the country settings in my profile.Now, I cannot play any songs at all on my iPhone. Every time I press "Shu...

• To start off, I'm a free user. I just moved to Taiwan from the US. After 14 days, I get locked out with a "Wrong Country" error, so I changed the country settings in my profile. Now, I cannot play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot access playlists on Ipad

I am a premium subscriber. I cannot access my playlists on my I pad but I have no problem seeing my playlists on my linked IPhone.. The format is different on both devices. Also on the IPad I see under the "Recently played" section albums I never lis...

• I am a premium subscriber. I cannot access my playlists on my I pad but I have no problem seeing my playlists on my linked IPhone.. The format is different on both devices. Also on the IPad I see und...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can iOS app work through a proxy?

I have an HTTP proxy on my network at work... Other than the proxy, there's nothing else blocking Spotify. The Mac desktop app works fine on the same wireless network when supplied with the proxy server's address, but the iOS app seems unable to conn...

• Music Fan
  • I have an HTTP proxy on my network at work... Other than the proxy, there's nothing else blocking Spotify. The Mac desktop app works fine on the same wireless network when supplied with the proxy ser...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

TRIED EVERYTHING playlists still missing

I went into the app and it was clear, none of okay play lists were there. I went online and checked around, they recommended deleting it and logging in again. That made it worse. Now there's just recently played rather than my playlists. I can only g...

• ...ecently played rather than my playlists. I can only get my public ones back because I can search them up but my others are very important to me!  I checked the recover playlists, logged in and o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! In Your Music, sort order of albums and artists beginning with "The" is bugged

In iOS app, using Your Music, the albums or artists (both are sorted by artists) beginning with the word "The" are sorted in wrong order. I believe the idea has been that the word "The" is ignored when sorting, but the implementation is bugged, as it...

• Regular
  •   In iOS app, using Your Music, the albums or artists (both are sorted by artists) beginning with the word "The" are sorted in wrong order. I believe the idea has been that the word "The" is ig...
  • synchronos
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist changed from being available offline by itself. Bug or something else?

I logged into my account via a freshly installed iPhone app on a freshly restored iPhone running iOS 9.3.2 (the latest). After I logged in, I ensured that all my playlists would be able to be listened to in offline mode by sliding the bar to green ne...

• Casual Listener
  • I logged into my account via a freshly installed iPhone app on a freshly restored iPhone running iOS 9.3.2 (the latest). After I logged in, I ensured that all my playlists would be able to be listene...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium

I paid for premium through iTunes but my subscription still says free. I used the verification link and it also says free there too. How do I change it?!?!! It's already paid for through July I checked in settings on my iPhone6s plus.

• Casual Listener
  • I paid for premium through iTunes but my subscription still says free. I used the verification link and it also says free there too. How do I change it?!?!! It's already paid for through July I check...
  • Jayciekodama
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Connect let's me play songs on remote WiFi network 100 km away

I went to my mother-in-law last weekend, on her WiFi network I could connect to her radio via Spotify Connect, having some fun with it with my children showing her a little dance. Now I'm home again (100 km away) her radio still is in the 'devices' l...

• I went to my mother-in-law last weekend, on her WiFi network I could connect to her radio via Spotify Connect, having some fun with it with my children showing her a little dance.   Now I'm ho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect DIFFERENT WIFI NETWORK
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium

I renewed my Spotify subscription for $12.99 through iTunes two days ago. I was charged for it, but my Spotify has not transitioned to Premium yet. I have deleted and redownloaded the app twice. I have tried logging in with different usernames and em...

• I renewed my Spotify subscription for $12.99 through iTunes two days ago. I was charged for it, but my Spotify has not transitioned to Premium yet. I have deleted and redownloaded the app twice. I ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes